Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa (11177 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Gov. Amaechi Visits Lamido In Jigawa / I Have Reason To Believe Wike And Amaechi Are Working Together-Prince Tonye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2011
"Our programmes, pronouncements and actions will bear the unmistakable stamp of the moral and ideological character of the political background we come from." These exactly were the words of Governor Sule Lamido on the date of the inauguration of his PDP led Government, the 29th of May 2007.

According to the 2006 census, the State has a total population of 4,348,649 million inhabitants. The population growth of the state is estimated at 3.5 % with about 48 % of the population falling under the age of fifteen. Out of the estimation about 2.9 million are considered to be productive adults. Eighty per cent (80%) of the population is found in the rural areas and is made up of mostly Hausa, Fulani and Manga (a Kanuri dialect). The pattern of human settlement is nucleated, with defined population centers.

Cross border migration between Jigawa State and neighboring states and between the State and Niger Republic is common. Migration of people into the state is highest during the dry season when cattle herders from neighboring Niger Republic migrate to the south in search of pasture and water for their animals. Outward migration is a feature of the off farming season known as “cirani” during which people leave the state in search of jobs in the neighboring states, particularly Kano and some major cities in the country.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2011
i will post pix of all major projects embarked upon by Sule lamido led administration. starting with Housing
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2011
more than 5 different housing estate are either commissioned or 80% completion

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Rossikk(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2011
Where are the sidewalks for pedestrians? Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 11:32am On May 25, 2011
Why is government building housing estate rather than private investors?

Is it some sort of low-cost housing scheme?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2011
Rossikk:

gently am still coming with tons of them

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Bawss1(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2011
Rossikk:

Pedestrains levitate in Jigawa, didn't you know? cheesy
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why is government building housing estate rather than private investors?

Is it some sort of low-cost housing scheme?

they are all govt. / private initiative and supported by the federal mortgage bank.

here is another one

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 11:47am On May 25, 2011
A few other pertinent Qs:

1. How much in allocations, IGR does Jigawa per year
2. What is its annual budget
3. Progress on healthcare, education?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 11:49am On May 25, 2011
13volts:

they are all govt. / private initiative and supported by the federal mortgage bank.

here is another one

I see. Can you link to something describing how exactly it is structured? How much government, how much private? If mostly private, superb! If mostly public, then we have to wonder about whether this was the best use of resources, etc.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Beaf: 11:52am On May 25, 2011
The road doesn't look completed to me, so sidewalks are likely to be placed later.

@13volt
I would have expected you to start by with a brief history of how Jigawa was little more than a few scattered settlements that have now seen an almost miraculous transformation in a few short years under Lamido.
Housing shouldn't have been your first example. There are several ground breaking schemes he has introduced, such as training people in renewable energy, his tricycle assembly plant etc.

Lamido is a miracle worker, do him proud if you are pointing him out. And don't bother replying bigots who only know about Nigeria from google and ask about IGR and budgets.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 11:56am On May 25, 2011
A link to an old thread on NL:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-379261.0.html

The article on NVS and gallery on Picasaweb are kinda interesting.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Mariory(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2011
*Enters d.u.m.b.a.s.s mode*

In keeping with the spirit of nairaland, how do those houses benefit the real Nigerian? Will the average market woman be able to afford those houses? Will the average cattle herder be able to afford those houses? Where are the people oriented projects? Why is the poor being left behind? How will those houses put food in the mouth of the poor?

*Exits d.u.m.b.a.s.s mode*

What will be the average cost of one of those homes?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 25, 2011
Who are they building the housing estates for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:00pm On May 25, 2011
@Mariory: That is why I wondered so much about how the estates are being financed. If mostly private, then fine and well (means that Lamido has attracted investment, which is great.) If mostly public. . . then we have to ask the questions you are asking, and find out what the big picture is.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:07pm On May 25, 2011
Beaf:

Lamido is a miracle worker, do him proud if you are pointing him out. And don't bother replying bigots who only know about Nigeria from google and ask about IGR and budgets.

Hehe. One of the most important questions one can ask regarding any administrator's performance is to ask how much money he has available to spend.

Of course, no one should expect someone like you to be able to separate the relevant from the irrelevant.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 12:07pm On May 25, 2011
Mariory:

What will be the average cost of one of those homes?

the houses are given out to civil servants and the cost deducted from their salary, a period of 30yrs
ekt_bear:

@Mariory: That is why I wondered so much about how the estates are being financed. If mostly private, then fine and well (then Lamido has attracted investment, which is great.) If mostly public. . . then we have to ask the questions you are asking, and ask about the big picture.

see

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by hercules07: 12:13pm On May 25, 2011
I think Goje in Gombe tried as well in terms of infrastructure, at least in Gombe town.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Mariory(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2011
Wait a minute. Aren't these buildings are being financed by the Federal Government (National Housing Fund Scheme) and not the Jigawa State Government?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Beaf: 12:14pm On May 25, 2011
I feel inclined to repost this from an earlier thread:

Beaf: It is the focus on alternative energy that I am most impressed with. That is the way Nigeria should be going, I would really love to contribute to the efforts in that direction; much more can be done.
Lamido is doing very well from the little I can see. Jigawa is a new state that requires this sort of cando attitude.

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 25, 2011
is it not this governor that locked up a facebook critics , if he is the one then he is no where a good governor, if he likes let him build 1 million houses he is  a bigot to me.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:16pm On May 25, 2011
13volts:

the houses are given out to civil servants and the cost deducted from their salary, a period of 30yrs
see

Hrm, interesting. Probably not too much money out of pocket, at least reading about this National Housing Fund Scheme (http://www.fbnmortgages.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=25&parentId=2).
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:18pm On May 25, 2011
@Mariory: That is fine, imo. Better that he doesn't use his own money to do it. The key thing is to link the civil servants to the scheme, bring in this professional housing contractor to build a nice estate, and perhaps to provide a bit more of loan money over the N5 million limit.

This National Housing Fund Scheme is available to everyone. But how many governors have actually taken advantage of it in this way?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Mariory(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

That is fine. Better that he doesn't use his own money to do it. The key thing is to link the civil servants to the scheme, bring in this professional housing contractor to build a nice estate, and perhaps to provide a bit more of loan money over the N5 million limit.

This National Housing Fund Scheme is available to everyone. But how many governors have actually taken advantage of it in this way?

Ah I see. So it isn't the Federal Government that decides where the houses are constructed.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Beaf: 12:21pm On May 25, 2011
chuks01:

is it not this governor that locked up a facebook critics , if he is the one then he is no where a good governor, if he likes let him build 1 million houses he is  a bigot to me.

Are you still saying this after seeing the mayhem the almajiri's unleashed on the country after the last elections? shocked
Here is a man who is a Northerner and fully understands how religion is used by their elite to skew and corrupt political opinion toward often violent outcomes. He saw what the bigots were rallying on facebook and acted with a big stick. I say, well done sir!

We need new leaders from the abundant young crop in the North, and Sule Lamido stands out like a colossus.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Beaf: 12:26pm On May 25, 2011
OAM4J: Am impressed!!!

looks like the guy is a silent achiever.

Apart from the good roads and health facilities am particular impressed with the tri-cycle assembly plant

www.nairaland.com/attachments/218850_jigawa_JPG39e39e87ee911fd161aad063feae6290

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-379261.0.html
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:28pm On May 25, 2011
Hold on a sec, so this National Housing Fund Loan, is it mandatory for ALL Nigerian public workers to contribute 2.5% of their salary to it?

Or is it optional? And you contribute this 2.5% of your salary to the scheme, is it a tax? Or do you get the money back one day somehow?

EDIT: Nm, looks like everyone in Nigeria is supposed to contribute: http://www.fmbnigeria.org/nhfcollection.html
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by enyojo(f): 12:30pm On May 25, 2011
LOL @ LIFE IS FOR LIVING
YOU MADE YOURS FOR SYCOPHANCY!
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by karlmax2: 12:32pm On May 25, 2011
I thought some people said PDP governors don't perform is only CAN

And fashola only is the best thing that happend to nigeria fashola is over hyped IMO
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 12:36pm On May 25, 2011
How easy is it to access this loan (http://www.fmbnigeria.org/benefits.html) in practice?

Can your average person who pays the tax access it easily? Or is it difficult to do? 6% interest loan in naija for up to N15 million sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Are tons of people financing their homes through this scheme already? If so, why not?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2011
G 9 Housing estates. All sold out to senior public servants and private individuals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Avengers Launches Operation Walls Of Jericho And Hurricane Joshua / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo / Osinbajo: Acquiring COVID-19 Vaccine For Citizens Our Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.