Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate (5778 Views)

Adamawa Governorship: Trbunal Dismisses Binani's Petition, Affirms Fintiri (PDP) / Convention: Anxiety Grips PDP Over Secondus’ Fate / PDP Governors Silent On Secondus’ Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by nairavsdollars(f): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa state is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 2021 National Convention Organising Committee. In this interview on Channels Television, he spoke on his plans to organise the best convention that will birth a new leadership for the party ahead of the 2023 general elections. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI who monitored the session for DAILY INDEPENDENT brings the excerpts:

A lot of people are wondering how you are going to navigate through the timing. Is that a source of worry to you?

Really, I am used to such a herculean task in my life. So, I believe that the assignment that has been given to me by my party to give birth to a new leadership that will steer the affairs of the party in the next four years is not going to be a very difficult one. We are really mindful of the time and we will prepare adequately to ensure that we do what Nigerians are expecting from us. This is what we are all out for, particularly, looking at the caliber of the people who are in that committee, their wealth of experience, their background and the offices they have held in their lives in this country, I think they will be able to give us the expected and maximum support to succeed so that we accomplish what Nigerians are expecting from us which is, to produce the next leaders for our great party, the PDP.

Could you please give us more details about the venue of the convention in Abuja? Usually, the party has always used the Eagle Square. Does that status quo remain?

Yes, we will be using the Eagles Square certainly because that is the venue that can accommodate the size of the delegates we are expecting at the convention, except otherwise, my plan is to go and secure the Eagle Square so that the convention can be peaceful, orderly and well organised. Like I said, considering the size and magnitude of the people we are expecting, the venue has been approved by the NEC in our last meeting. Even though they were not specific, Abuja was chosen as the venue of the convention. I think everybody should be expecting that the convention will hold at Eagle Square. I don’t think anything will stop us from applying for and using the Eagle Square. So, as a first choice, we are going for Eagle Square.

The national convention is the highest strata in the leadership and administration of your party. How are you going to execute the congresses before the convention?

We have about nine states across the nation to conduct our congresses from ward to the state convention, which will transit into our convention in about two weeks from the end of the state congresses. Be that as it may, it will not affect the planning and organisation of the national convention because that is a different organ on its own. Other committees will be set up by the NWC to go and supervise and conduct the congresses in the nine states, of which my own state, Adamawa is included. But whatever that happened as a fall-out of the congresses in those states, their excos can still come and participate in the national convention because some of them their term may not be expiring on that date. So, I don’t think organizing congresses in those states will have any effect or challenges in having the national convention. They are separate but can go pari-passu at the same time.

Elder Akinwonmi led the NEC meeting as the acting national chairman of the party. At the national convention, will it be the turn of Prince Uche Secondus to do that or will it still be Akinwonmi?

As it is today, Yemi Akinwonmi is the acting national chairman. Until the court rules in favour of Secondus, I think the status quo remains that it is elder Yemi Akinwonmi that will chair the convention. I think there is no ambiguity in that. It is normal with a big party like PDP which has a lot of members. It is not just big in size but in institutional capacity with all its organs functioning. That is why we didn’t have any headache when we went through the minor crisis weeks ago. The court has said Secondus should not be the national chairman for now until the substantive matter is heard and the Deputy National Chairman (South) steps in as provided in our constitution. So, I think whatever happens tomorrow, the constitution has made provision for it. I must tell you that even Secondus is in support of this convention and he will not do anything that will mar the organization of this convention because we all believe in our party, the PDP. We are all committed to it and we will do everything and put our hands on deck to ensure that we have a successful convention.

Who are those that want Prince Uche Secondus out?

I think it is not matter for discussion now. What is very important is that the NEC has empaneled a committee to organize one of the best and freest convention ever which we have ever had in the PDP. This will give birth to a more credible national working committee that will go and organize 2023 for the PDP. That is what Nigerians are waiting for and that is what we are all working for at the moment because 2023 is for us to take. We will not joke with it. We will do everything within our power to ensure that we pull ourselves together and we organize ourselves. What Nigerians expect is that we win the 2023 presidential election so that we continue to give them that purposeful and good governance that PDP is used to.

What exactly is the issue these aggrieved members have with Secondus that they wanted him out?

At the moment, Nigerians and PDP supporters are more concerned about what took place at the NEC meeting . We have empaneled a planning committee for the convention that will take place at the end of October. They are now waiting to see the outcome of the zoning committee to know who and who can run the affairs of our party. For those who are interested in the issue of Secondus and those who are not interested; I think that is not the concern of most of our supporters out there. What they are after is, what is this committee headed by myself give them at one of the best convention? I think what matters to me at the moment is to see that I pull all human resources that are in abundance in the PDP together and get those who run the affairs of the party. That is what a lot of people are interested in at the moment.

What about the aggrieved members of the party. What are the efforts being made to reconcile with them?

Of course, if you see the ingenuity with which we overcome the so-called crisis that engulfed the party within the last few weeks or months, we came out smoothly. There was never a time that we were not able to surmount the hurdles. Like I told you, we have institutional capacity in this party which cuts across members of different organs. From the governors’ forum, former governors forum, former ministers forum, the BoT, the national working committee itself and the abundance of supporters out there. They have stirred our thinking and that has made us to be very focused and we have done the needful by empaneling this committee that I’m chairing by the grace of God and the support of my colleagues, the NEC members and Nigerians out there. So, I think what will occupy me at the moment is to ensure that I give them the fairest and best convention ever conducted in the history of PDP in this country.

Do you think Nigerians want your party to return to power at the national level?

I think at the moment, you can choose between the wrong and the right. The right thing to do is to go with the PDP. That is the party Nigerians believe in. It is the party that has given them the right thing that they deserve. I think we have steered the affairs of this country differently from what is happening today. So, the PDP is on top gear to make sure that we take over power in 2023. After all, APC is built around one person. APC is built around the capacity and integrity of Mr. President. That is all they have. He is not contesting in 2023, so he will not be able to use his integrity to bring in somebody. And more so, Nigerians are suffering.
https://independent.ng/pdps-focus-now-is-on-national-convention-not-secondus-fate-fintiri/

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hisexcellency34: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
If Secondus thinks he can come back to that seat, then he be confirmed mugu

2 Likes

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Ceskli: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
Lol
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by McOluOmo: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
P
D
P
And
P
R
O
P
A
G
A
N
D
A

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by saintfaculty(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by ANTIGAY(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
SEUNMSG AND HIS PAY MASTERS DON’T ACTUALLY KNOW WHATS ABOUT TO HIT THEM

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by TLE900: 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Secondus case is done and dusted
nairavsdollars:
Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa state is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 2021 National Convention Organising Committee. In this interview on Channels Television, he spoke on his plans to organise the best convention that will birth a new leadership for the party ahead of the 2023 general elections. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI who monitored the session for DAILY INDEPENDENT brings the excerpts:

https://independent.ng/pdps-focus-now-is-on-national-convention-not-secondus-fate-fintiri/

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Maxymilliano(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Uche Secondus has been confined to the dustbin of history and the party has moved beyond his ill-fated attempt at coming back through the backdoor

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Kaszero: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nawa i
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
hisexcellency34:
If Secondus thinks he can come back to that seat, then he be confirmed mugu

It’s all a strategy, Secondus from the South, cannot continue to be the PDP chairman simply because their presidency ticket is about to be zoned to the South ahead of 2023.

APC is about following the opposite, I hope the south can realise this and make sure the incumbent chairman remains till 2023 to have it turned around grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by tnerro1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Where are you zoning the president to, na dat one concern us
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
McOluOmo:
P
D
P
And
P
R
O
P
A
G
A
N
D
A

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Na promiscuity dey cause that one. Na them dey catch disease pass or they’re simply simps which means na girls no want them grin grin undecided undecided
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hisexcellency34: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
then why was he disgraced out? they should have at least allow him to complete his tenure
hopexter:

It’s all a strategy, Secondus from the South, cannot be the PDP chairman simply because their presidency ticket is about to be zoned to the South ahead of 2023.

APC is about following the opposite, I hope the south can realise this and make sure the incumbent chairman remains till 2023 to have it turned around grin grin grin
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
hisexcellency34:
then why was he disgraced out? they should have at least allow him to complete his tenure

How do you expect them to pass it to Nigerians? Stratagem it’s called grin grin
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by emmykk(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
hopexter:

It’s all a strategy, Secondus from the South, cannot be the PDP chairman simply because their presidency ticket is about to be zoned to the South ahead of 2023.

Your Assumption self...Another southern can be PDP chairman too.

But from your Assumption PDP will zone presidency to south so therefore they are chasing secondus from the chairmanship position so that it will be occupied by the northern so that presidency will be zone to the south east or south south hehehehehe

Then the yoruba are leaving the chairmanship position vacant so that when northerners get it chairmanship APC will zone presidency to south west .
Hehehehe

The question I have for you is who told you that all these party chairmanship position will help you for cast the region that will produce president.

And you seem to be laughing thinking if PDP make that mistake your region will quickly get the presidency at the detriment of other southern

Hehehehe just be watching
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
emmykk:

Your Assumption self...Another southern can be PDP chairman too.

But from your Assumption PDP will zone presidency to south so therefore they are chasing secondus from the chairmanship position so that it will be occupied by the northern so that presidency will be zone to the south east or south south hehehehehe

Then the yoruba are leaving the chairmanship position vacant so that when northerners get it chairmanship APC will zone presidency to south west .
Hehehehe

The question I have for you is who told you that all these party chairmanship position will help you for cast the region that will produce president.

And you seem to be laughing thinking if PDP make that mistake your region will quickly get the presidency at the detriment of other southern

Hehehehe just be watching

At least you get what I’m thinking grin grin grin

For now, all southern leaders are bigwigs with their people Firmly behind them.Nigerian may accept whoever it is except Dr. J grin grin grin grin
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by ACKayleb: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
God is good
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by PIMPAR: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nothing concern me with pandemic development party aka IPoB party
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Typicalguy(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
On that said date, may the talibans visit you... undecided
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by aviara: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Its interesting that Governor Finitri of Adamawa state is the chairman of the organising committee of the party's national convention. Recall that Second us travail started after Atiku visited Governor Wike in Port Harcourt.

The calculation is to ensure Atiku gets the ticket and make Wike is running mate. Atiku will do a single term and handover to Wike. So the party chairmanship position is going south, probably southwest

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
PDP the dead political wing of the IPIG terrorist organization. Who cares....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Sirjamo: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Finished party

1 Like

Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by emmykk(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
hopexter:

At least you get what I’m thinking grin grin grin

For now, all southern leaders are bigwigs with their people Firmly behind them.Nigerian may accept whoever it is except Dr. J grin grin grin grin

If the north accept Dr.J for secret agenda he will win because the north are majority...they were the once that didn't accept him when he lose ,they can lift him up for their own good
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
emmykk:

If the north accept Dr.J for secret agenda he will win because the north are majority...they were the once that didn't accept him when he lose ,they can lift him up for their own good

At this moment, it’s no longer all northern States that are in the Northern caucus. Why do you think the Presidential Zoning of the two biggest parties are heading to one Direction? grin grin grin
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by Myhusband(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
ANTIGAY:
SEUNMSG AND HIS PAY MASTERS DON’T ACTUALLY KNOW WHATS ABOUT TO HIT THEM

The most important thing is give southeast PDP slot and give south south APC slot

no to Fulani candidacy in 2023, miyetti Allah wings need to be cut off

thunder will destroy any southerners that vote for any Fulani candidacies in 2023, Amen
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by emmykk(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
hopexter:

At this moment, it’s no longer all northern States that are in the Northern caucus. Why do you think the Presidential Zoning of the two biggest parties are heading to one Direction? grin grin grin

1999 PDP yoruba
ACN Yoruba

That is to appease MKO...

They two are not heading to one direction ,it is your Assumption that intelligently place them in one direction...until it start playing out will keep our fingers cross.

I m from delta state ,I want an igbo president so that it will be that the 3 region in the south feel a sense of belong.
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by hopexter(m): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
emmykk:

1999 PDP yoruba
ACN Yoruba

That is to appease MKO...

They two are not heading to one direction ,it is your Assumption that intelligently place them in one direction...until it start playing out will keep our fingers cross.

I m from delta state ,I want an igbo president so that it will be that the 3 region in the south feel a sense of belong.

I’m from Edo and I also want an ibo president but there’s non viable for Selection, hence the direction goes to Wike for South/east and part of South South grin
Re: Fintiri: PDP’s Focus Now Is On National Convention, Not Secondus’ Fate by emmykk(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
hopexter:

I’m from Edo and I also want an ibo president but there’s non viable for Selection, hence the direction goes to Wike for South/east and part of South South grin
Hahahahaha Wike don't have mind for that Job if he has mind for it he will not be the one spearheading VAT collection by state because that is anti-north.

There are viable candidate in south east..Peter obi will make a good president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu Succumbs, Agrees To Muslim-Christian Ticket (picture) / Just Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Imo Indigene Wannabe / See What Nigerian Soldiers Were Seen Doing During A Journey. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.