Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola (17395 Views)

Oluremi Omowaiye Birthday: Well-wishers Defy Rain, Celebrate Osun Commissioner / Osun: Why Adeleke Can’t Get Certificate Now –INEC / Osun Rerun: Why Adeleke Can’t Win Election Even With Omisore’s Support – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by nairavsdollars(f): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
Osun State Commissioner for Works and Transport, Engr, Oluremi Omowaiye on Wednesday said Senator Ademola Adeleke, the former governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state cannot defeat him in any election, not to talk of defeating Governor Adegboyega Oyetola.

Adeleke who left Nigeria shortly after the last election to pursue higher educational qualifications in the United States returned to the state last week where he declared interest in the Osun 2022 governorship election. He also asked Governor Oyetola to start preparing his handover notes.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, Omowaiye said Adeleke and his supporters are daydreaming if they believe that what happened in the 2018 governorship election, when the All Progressives Congress (APC) had a tough time in defeating the PDP will repeat itself again.

According to him, the APC went through a tough time in the 2018 governorship election due to the problems and disenchantment with the people which had piled up as far back as 2015.

He said “Ademola (Adeleke) cannot defeat me in any election not to talk of Governor Oyetola. If I run with him today, he cannot defeat me. What happened in the 2018 governorship election was a build-up to the challenge our party had. In 2015, we lost two House of Reps seats. In Osun East senatorial district, we lost two House of Reps seats”.

“In December 2015, a House of Assembly member died who represented Ife Central State constituency, Oladejo Makinde died. We had a rerun in 2016 and our party, APC came third. In 2017, when the late Senator Isiaka Adeleke died, we held an election in Osun West senatorial district and we lost 9 out of 10 local governments. So, we shouldn’t have expected any magic in the 2018 governorship election”.

“Don’t also forget that there were a lot of crises in the state which built up till the governorship election in 2018. We had issues of salary modulated payment, religious crisis when students were wearing cassocks, Muslim regalia and masquerade outfits to school. We were also having a regular crisis with the organised labour in the state”.

“This is Oyetola’s third year in government and there has not been a single labour crisis. In fact, during the last May Day rally, the workers endorsed the governor for a second term”.

“That is one of the ways to gauge a government that is loved by the people. There has not been single unrest in the state, except the #EndSARS protest which was a national issue. Then, people were angry because of a lot of things and we sincerely looked at the issues and addressed them. Where we needed to make adjustments, we did that”.

“As at when I came in as Commissioner for Works, there was no single township road that was good in the entire Osun West. Today, we have fixed Gbogan Township road; Ido Osun Township road; we have done parts of the road in Ede. We are doing Iwo. We have collaborated with the federal government to fix the Osogbo-Iwo road.

“We have done Ejigbo to Ede and as I speak to you, we are doing a 3.8 kilometres Ejigbo township road which will be commissioned very soon”.

“Today, Osun is among the few states paying minimum wage. We have paid a lot of outstanding pensions and gratuities. In Ilesha where I hailed from, the biggest market called Atakumosa market got burnt in 2015. Again, part of it got burnt in 2018. We could not repair it from 2015 till 2020 that we embarked upon the repair”.

“Today, we have finished the first phase of modernising the market. As I speak, the second phase is going to start this week. We have restored back school uniforms and names of schools. So, the people are happy with this administration and therefore, it is not possible for the candidate of any party to defeat Governor Oyetola”.

“Ademola Adeleke is not even a candidate of PDP yet and they might not even give him the ticket. But even if they give him the ticket, he cannot defeat me. How will he defeat me, let alone defeat Governor Oyetola, a governor who has performed creditably well, even to the admiration of the opposition without making noise?”.

https://independent.ng/osun-2022-adeleke-cant-defeat-me-not-to-talk-of-defeating-governor-oyetola-omowaiye/

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by seunmsg(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Accurately said by the commissioner. Only those who are not familiar with recent happenings in Osun state will think Adeleke stand a chance. He will lose so badly this time around.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by hisexcellency34: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dancing senator..i will vote for Adeleke if he still got those dance vibes

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by cpu2006(m): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
The only Man that can give APC heart Attack in Osun is .........Adeleke.
Adeleke will embarrass them Once again

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Amotolongbo(f): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
[s]
seunmsg:
Accurately said by the commissioner. Only those who are not familiar with recent happenings in Osun state will think Adeleke stand a chance. He will lose so badly this time around.
[/s]only God knows where these online miscreants do sit to hear nonsense they dish out here.

If not for the APC abracadabra, who was Oyetola winning the election. We dwelling in Osun and following our politics all know Oyetola fell to Demola Adeleke.
Some low lifers go sit down for Lagos to tell us sh¡t from the bull

To hell with all of them, Oyetola or Adeleke.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by seunmsg(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]only God knows where these online miscreants do sit to hear nonsense they dish out here.

If not for the APC abracadabra, who was Oyetola winning the election. We dwelling in Osun and following our politics all know Oyetola fell to Demola Adeleke.

2022 is not 2018. All the unpopular policies of Aregbesola that made so many people to vote for Adeleke back then have been reversed. The same workers that were against APC the last time out are the ones campaigning for Oyetola's second term. I am not God but I tell tell you confidently that Oyetola will win reelection massively. It won't even be close in any way this time around.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by OAUTemitayo: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]only God knows where these online miscreants do sit to hear nonsense they dish out here.

This is unlike you. Why the abuse?
Anyway, I can assure you Adeleke will lose woefully this time. It won't even be close.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Omoluabi1stborn: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
OAUTemitayo:

Anyway, I can assure you Adeleke will lose woefully this time. It won't even be close.

Free and Fair elections
Adeleke can't lose to Oyetola

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by SarkinYarki: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
But he convincingly defeat oyetola also last time na so much Oyetola had to employ Federal magic to win

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by iwaeda: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Osun State Commissioner for Works and Transport, Engr, Oluremi Omowaiye on Wednesday said Senator Ademola Adeleke, the former governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state cannot defeat him in any election, not to talk of defeating Governor Adegboyega Oyetola.

Adeleke who left Nigeria shortly after the last election to pursue higher educational qualifications in the United States returned to the state last week where he declared interest in the Osun 2022 governorship election. He also asked Governor Oyetola to start preparing his handover notes.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, Omowaiye said Adeleke and his supporters are daydreaming if they believe that what happened in the 2018 governorship election, when the All Progressives Congress (APC) had a tough time in defeating the PDP will repeat itself again.

According to him, the APC went through a tough time in the 2018 governorship election due to the problems and disenchantment with the people which had piled up as far back as 2015.

He said “Ademola (Adeleke) cannot defeat me in any election not to talk of Governor Oyetola. If I run with him today, he cannot defeat me. What happened in the 2018 governorship election was a build-up to the challenge our party had. In 2015, we lost two House of Reps seats. In Osun East senatorial district, we lost two House of Reps seats”.

“In December 2015, a House of Assemblymember died who represented Ife Central State constituency, Oladejo Makinde died. We had a rerun in 2016 and our party, APC came third. In 2017, when the late Senator Isiaka Adeleke died, we held an election in Osun West senatorial district and we lost 9 out of 10 local governments. So, we shouldn’t have expected any magic in the 2018 governorship election”.

“Don’t also forget that there were a lot of crises in the state which built up till the governorship election in 2018. We had issues of salary modulated payment, religious crisis when students were wearing cassocks, Muslim regalia and masquerade outfits to school. We were also having a regular crisis with the organised labour in the state”.

“This is Oyetola’s third year in government and there has not been a single labour crisis. In fact, during the last May Day rally, the workers endorsed the governor for a second term”.

“That is one of the ways to gauge a government that is loved by the people. There has not been single unrest in the state, except the #EndSARS protest which was a national issue. Then, people were angry because of a lot of things and we sincerely looked at the issues and addressed them. Where we needed to make adjustments, we did that”.

“As at when I came in as Commissioner for Works, there was no single township road that was good in the entire Osun West. Today, we have fixed Gbogan Township road; Ido Osun Township road; we have done parts of the road in Ede. We are doing Iwo. We have collaborated with the federal government to fix the Osogbo-Iwo road.

“We have done Ejigbo to Ede and as I speak to you, we are doing a 3.8 kilometres Ejigbo township road which will be commissioned very soon”.

“Today, Osun is among the few states paying minimum wage. We have paid a lot of outstanding pensions and gratuities. In Ilesha where I hailed from, the biggest market called Atakumosa market got burnt in 2015. Again, part of it got burnt in 2018. We could not repair it from 2015 till 2020 that we embarked upon the repair”.

“Today, we have finished the first phase of modernising the market. As I speak, the second phase is going to start this week. We have restored back school uniforms and names of schools. So, the people are happy with this administration and therefore, it is not possible for the candidate of any party to defeat Governor Oyetola”.

“Ademola Adeleke is not even a candidate of PDP yet and they might not even give him the ticket. But even if they give him the ticket, he cannot defeat me. How will he defeat me, let alone defeat Governor Oyetola, a governor who has performed creditably well, even to the admiration of the opposition without making noise?”.
https://independent.ng/osun-2022-adeleke-cant-defeat-me-not-to-talk-of-defeating-governor-oyetola-omowaiye/

Everyone knew 2018 was massively rig, especially the rerun.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by OAUTemitayo: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Free and Fair elections
Adeleke can't lose to Oyetola
Lmao. He will lose . Na green ticket for Oyetola.��
Ask civil servants now, they don't want to hear Aregbesola and Adeleke.

5 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by iwaeda: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Are you from Osun Auditor General?
You always defending APC even when it does not meet eyes.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by hisexcellency34: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
My fear for Oyetola is if Aregbesola and his supporters work against him.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Amotolongbo(f): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
seunmsg:

2022 is not 2018. All the unpopular policies of Aregbesola that made so many people to vote for Adeleke back then have been reversed. The same workers that were against APC the last time out are the ones campaigning for Oyetola's second term. I am not God but I tell tell you confidently that Oyetola will win reelection massively. It won't even be close in any way this time around.
I won’t argue with you anyway.

I pray we both live to witness the result of the election, though ain’t in Ife, Osun and ..... anymore.

I love the person of Oyetola, but he has been financially incapacitated by his predecessor by the huge debt on silly policies left behind. This actually make him unpopular to the people of the state, most especially Osogbo zone where he had the “upper hand” in the last election. He doesn’t have a good recommendation in both Osogbo Local Government areas.
Well, Ife Central and East LGAs may still stick to the Omisore factor.

The civil servants would have embraced Oyetola, but the incessant inflation from the economic policy of Buhari’s APC will likely work against him.

12 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Amotolongbo(f): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
OAUTemitayo:

He once attacked me like I stole his prick ni.

Make all of them lose, make we no have any Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by OAUTemitayo: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
Amotolongbo:
He once attacked me like I stole his prick ni.

Make all of them lose, make we no have any Governor.
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Solsix(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
I thought oyetola is performing??

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Christistruth00: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
Adeleke already defeated Oyetola

It was the Supreme Court that messed up by somersaulting Common Sense and doing a backflip on the Law

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by hisexcellency34: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
In the other room

Solsix:
I thought oyetola is performing??

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by seunmsg(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
hisexcellency34:
My fear for Oyetola is if Aregbesola and his supporters work against him.

They can’t work for Adeleke and even they try, they will fail. It was the reliance on Rauf and his supporters to deliver the Ijesha votes that almost cost the party the state in 2018. That mistake won’t be repeated in 2022 as Oyetola already has his own people on ground.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Mossadd: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ode if not for Abuja phone call you and your oga wouldn't av got there

7 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by babaRUNtinz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Time will tell sir
Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by ArewaNightmare: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
cheesy
Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Ademola47(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Who asked him all these?

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Topmaike007(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Algon we know
Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Cestibest: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
All the best
Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Sonnobax15(m): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
cool
E no concern me.....so far make Borussia Dortmund school over2.5 for me make I no get Problem with dem undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by thatsleepboy1: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by Comingsoon212: 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Dancing senator..i will vote for Adeleke if he still got those dance vibes
One thing I noticed is Nigerians aren’t deep thinkers .. that’s why we have bad leaders

11 Likes

Re: Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola by robinfemi: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
This man think na by mouth. Handwork no dey pay sometimes. Pray you shouldn't run out of luck lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike To PDP NWC: I Helped You To Your Posts, Give Me Ticket As Payback / Count Me Out Of Threat To Blow Up Oil Installations- Tompolo / Buhari And APC Three And Half Year Score Card Part 1: Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.