Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,069 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? (3229 Views)

Which Science Course Can Someone Apply For With D7 In Chemistry / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. / Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by bizkid10: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2007
A Course To Do While Waiting The Service

I just finished my degree course and don't understand the trash government is saying about reduction of corpers.

I want to have a PLAN B i.e if I don't serve with the September batch.

I want to do a course that is Business Administration related but I don't know where.

Please, your advice is needed. Thanks.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by yvy1(f): 12:57am On Jul 31, 2007
Get work experience. It is always very valuable. I have a friend in your boat. She has a B.Sc in accounting from convenant has gone to serve yet but she earns about 65k after taxes and has more work experience than most people that have completed NYSC. The trick is to look for small companies with about 3 directors and let them know you want to understudy them. Believe me by the time you go for NYSC and come back you'll be ready for the big companies. Meanwhile you can do a proffessional course concurrently. There are always graduate exemptions.

1 Like

Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Seun(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2007
Are you not tired of being a liability to the economy? Are you not tired of learning and learning without putting your learning to any practical use? Why not register for Small Business 101 in Real Life College?

1 Like

Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Tmoni(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2007
I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE IS A LIABILTITY TO THE COUNTRY,
YOUTH service is mandatory so whats the promblem?

@poster
i concur with what yvy1 posted
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Seun(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2007
If he is taking courses instead of working, then he is consuming more than what he's producing. cheesy
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by uchetobi(f): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Seun. LOL. Your reasoning is lipsrsealed. Anyways poster, get a job, I had to wait at home for 7 months before serving, when time for NYS came I dint want to move an inch. Submit your CV in places that you can be retained, if you have a 2.1 KPMG is currently recruiting, try the banks, WAMCO, just keep tabs on thr job section of Nairaland. And while you wait for the job you can do a computer course or something
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by koko777(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2007
Why not try start up something, or seek temporary employment and do some IT  short courses by the side. You have got to be productive to be successful in Nigeria of today.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by toba1909(m): 11:51am On Jul 31, 2007
I beg start preparing for service,NYSC has agreed to send all graduates to camp next month. Moreover you can register for IT courses even during your service.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by bimbliss(f): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
apart from doing a course u can improve on a skill u already know or learn a skill u are intrested in. on the other hand u can also do few month courses on IT, they apply to any proffession than u can also start proffesional courses related to ur field. i started learning tailoring b4 i went for NYSC and now i sew for my collegues and staff where am serving. make sure u achieve some thing some how u wont regret u did and it will not make u idle and start doing useless unbeneficial things with ur time.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by chy(f): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2007
i heard the have resolved the issue of
quota system for NYSC u can visit your
school for more details. Heard ur call up will be ready on
30th august and service is on4th sept
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Aseye(m): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
the goodnews now is that govt as decided to provide more ammenities required so that all school graduates will be accomodated at once and a directive as been posted to NYSC, that all fresh leavers should be allowed to serve. So get some work to do but be rest assured that u will definately serve soon. Good luck man.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by jinworm: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2007
the trend has been reversed.get ready to go to service come sept, i.e if u are eligible.
but in case nysc succeed in convincing the govt, go and attend some IT courses. it wil assist u alot.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Ralvy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2007
I think u shuld enroll into one of these computer courses, like MCSE - Once u've got that, u can flash it around,
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by uchetobi(f): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Wow so the NYSC issue has bn resolved. That is partially good news. Congrats to all intending corp members
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by pastorking(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hello my dear fellow Nigerians,

Preparing for NYSC is like preparing for your future.

I served some years back, but I never knew what I know now. Nigerian Gruaduates are one of the best worldwide. but It baffles me much when I see intelligent, fantastic, and high-flying young men and women falling over themselves looking for work in this country. And to worsen the story, the so called employers are just there taking them for a ride.

If I were you, I would have gone into forex trading. That is what I am doing now, Internet Business, Online Forex Trading. The money I make on a weekly bases is what my friends are earning as bankers at the end of every month. What I have achieved today in less than a year, none of them can measure up with me. Not that I am boasting, but To God be the glory. Click here to check me out. www.nigeriadollars..com . Earnestly speaking, as I am now, nobody, I meam not even Shell, nor any nigerian bank for that matter can employ me. Of course they cant even pay me, that's the truth. I wish someone will be encouraged.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by seun001(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2007
get to know the computer in and out.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2007
Yo son, don't mind these peeps who'v been hit by the IT band wagon effect. That don't pay, it's already gettin too clogged up
Be like me,
U have tons of time to play around with. get out and cavort with easy women, make babies, then chug thru 1000 classic biz books en route to being the next Peter Drucker.

Business is broken

Go bizboy.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by moondust(m): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2007
there's an area boys' training programme goin on in mushin, u can feel free to sign up for the best new tricks on how to extort motorists and constitute total nuisance to the society. the course is free!!! cheesy grin
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Ralvy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2007
=)) what an advice,
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
I'll suggest you improve on your Vocational Career. What do you like/enjoy doing? Learn to discover your potentials and improved on it. It might be a saving grace in the nearest future. Just my view.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by lukkie(m): 8:07am On Aug 02, 2007
if u're an IT graduate i'd suggest u get certified in CompTIA A+/N+, Microsoft or Cisco.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by jayvin01: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
ohhh freeman,well i would advise u say make we dey move jobs together,naw mean! grin grin, shhhhhhh!!, don't tell anyone

Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by bizkid10: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2007
Nairians,thanx so much 4 d advice.
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by marvostica(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2007
Biz,
good u have such thought about having a plan B
if l may chip in some thing, i would advice u just prepare for ur service and pray u are posted to a land that has plenty of opportunities cos this service of a thing is only felt by some people cos l am a leaving testimony.l graduate from AAU ekpoma and posted to taraba state where they dont have light, road, water, network, opportunities and even no university in dat state u can imagine making a call with thurayä @#250 per min.

So what l am trying to say is dat pray u get a place dat is open @least while serving,u can exploit ur environment, engage urself with one professional course or the other or even go 4 masters there if u feel like going further
Re: What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? by Kajiang02(m): 4:33am On Aug 18, 2007
u cld run any software appl course n b ears open to get hooked.
sucess

(1) (Reply)

Were They Right To Have Sacked The Gateman? / First Bank Recruitment 2015...banking Operations Officer / Women: Better As Wives Or Friends, Not Colleagues At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.