Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property (5860 Views)

To Let: A 2 Bedrooms Flat Within Abuja Model City, Galadima, Gwarinpa / Lagos Signs Ikeja, Ikoyi, Apapa Model City Plans / America Model City Apo Extension Abuja : @5.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2007
ABUJA AS A MODEL TOWN

life in abuja is better experienced than imagined. though, this does not come without a price.the city is quite expensive. the location of abuja, the

category of people i.e social status, infrastructural facilities, organisation (with regards to building, people and activity), security,climate, recreation and

green areas.e.t.c. there are no motor bikes in the city centre or phase 1& 2 of abuja. all illegal structures has been wiped out and land documents and

titles has been unified and highly documented with a G.I.S (geographical information system)

though, with all this accolades, the major fun and high social activities remains in lagos, but not without its price too.

i will talk on various places in abuja: maitama, asokoro, wuse, garki, wuye, apo/ gudu, lugbe, gwarinpa, utako, jabi, kubwa.

MAITAMA:

this is a high brow area of abuja with lots of expensive buildings and an attractive place to the big shots in nigeria. have nice scenerio. properties are

high in value. great place to live, but, ur pocket will tell. located in phase 1. with most resedents relaying on boreholes

ASOKORO:

same with maitama, but at its adjascent. it has the seat of power located within it "ASO ROCK " nice senerio. it has a lot of relaxation places to behold.

located in phase 1

WUSE:

wuse is also strategically located. the rent are moderate relatively to the above 2 areas likewise property values. it also has a lot of prototype buildings

which were former government which are now owners occupier. good infrastructures, nice relaxation points. wuse is divided into zones such as zone1, 2 ,

3, 4, 5, 6, 7. we also have wuse2 which shares charasteristics like maitama and asokoro. well centralised an exceptional of other wuses.located in phase 1

GARKI:

garki is similar to the nominal wuses, with same charasteristics. beautiful and nice to live in. we have garki area 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 10. located in phase 1

WUYE:

is a nice new layout with ministry of finance quarters located within a high promising area. land value is relatively moderate. it is located in phase 2 of

abuja. rent here is far lower than the above mentioned location.

APO/GUDU

this is a nice and coming up area and the home of your esrstwhile senators and reps. sweet location, good nice estates within this area such as gaduwa

estate. you will love the area. it is in phase 2 of abuja. 2min drive to the city centre.

LUGBE:

this is located along airport road just after the city gate. there are lots of private estates located along this axises. lugbe is a predominant govt estate

now on owners occupier. there are good private houses built around. lots of motor bikes around. the roads are not that good as compared to the main

city. it is about 10min drive from the city centre. is a feature promising area. rent is cheap here as well as land values.

GWARINPA:

this is one of the largest single unit estate built in africa, having more than 2000 housing units well landscaped and beautified . the housing units cuts

across all strata of social groups. it has its high, medium and low density areas. rents are cheap there. there are absents of motor bikes. pipe borne

water is absent and they rely more on bore hole. you will love to own a property there.

UTAKO & JABI:

these are also a high and medium brow area. good senerio, good road networks. moderate rent. at jabi there is an artificial lake that has portrayed class

and clustered by highly place personalities. land around this area is now a "hot cake ". the housing design there are superb. the infrastructures are of

high class. if u ask me, my pefrence.

KUBWA:

this is the lagos of abuja. it is located at the outsketch of the major town. densely populated and conjested houses. the rent are cheaper than any of the

above mentioned areas. traffic to work and back is a very busy and crowded one. the intra roads and infrastructure are not too good. you have lots of

motor bikes. you can bet you are in lagos (laugh)

this is just a tip of abuja. so have fun any time you are in abuja. YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE SEAT OF POWER
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by DisGuy: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2007
Very good well done

do you know anything about the security,electricity and availability of water in these areas?
do you have a map of Abuja it would be very helpful wink
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2007
thanks for your enquiry. u asked about security, electricity and provision of water in this area. there are good securities in maitama, garki, wuse, apo/gudu, utako, jabi, kubwa,asokoro but that of gwarinpa is a bit less secured in respect to others.
most secured area include ASO ROCK which accomodate private people aside the presidency(surprised) asokoro and maitama others follows

electricity is fair enough in all the areas, best at maitama, asokoro, wuse2 and least in kubwa.

water is available in garki , wuse and apo areas. the remaining areas rely on bore holes and lugbe has skelental water supply

yes, as an estate surveyor i have my map, hard copy though, and if u so desire u can obtain one from the vendors.

THANKS AGAIN FOR UR COMMENT
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by DisGuy: 2:11am On Jul 28, 2007
Thanks
what area(s) would you recommend to a young graduate or a house one can use as a holiday home, lets say a 2-3 bedroom house?

what area(s) would you recommend for an investment property buy- to- let agreement

do companies offer mortgages to students/graduates in Nigeria?

Does the bore holes come with the house or you build them yourself?

Thanks hakir
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2007
Well, recommended area for a graduate or a house for holiday seekers is a relative thing. Being in asokoro, maitama, garki, wuse, utako or jabi will be ideal. But it comes with its cost.

Self contain or studio apartment – 200k and above p.a
1 B/R flat-300k and above p.a
2 B/R flat – 500k and above p.a
3 B/R flat – 600k and above p.a
3 B/R detached house – 1.0m and above p.a
4 B/R detached house – 1.2m and above p.a

You could get less though, but on a rear cases

The major clause is that most landlords prefer a 2years rent advance payment option, only in just rear occasion U GET A YEAR .

Do you mean buying or “design and build” for investment purposes (i.e. letting). If that is the case, then any place mentioned above is very good for investment purpose. I will suggest utako and jabi cos of the cost in land in retrospect to the rental value, You get similar value for your money in respect to maitama, asokoro, garki and wuse. But if one can afford the cost of land in these areas, is very ok too, cos of its strategic location.

But, if you want to buy properties for letting investment purposes. It all depends on your pocket, cos these areas are just great. If you read my posting on “KNOW ABUJA” hardly, do u ve places with vacant properties that’s not being taken. The further from the city centre the lesser the land value, lesser the rent and constant cost of construction. Averagely payback period is between 10-12 years on property rental investment.

No, company do not offer mortgage to student / graduate unless you meet certain conditions. Check my post on mortgage.

Most houses in city centre have pipe borne water and most without have the developers dredging bore holes except few that the buyer have to dredge themself.

So take your time in your investment decisions and feel free to get yourself informed
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by DisGuy: 2:36am On Aug 04, 2007
Self contain or studio apartment – 200k and above p.a
1 B/R flat-300k and above p.a
2 B/R flat – 500k and above p.a
3 B/R flat – 600k and above p.a
3 B/R detached house – 1.0m and above p.a
4 B/R detached house – 1.2m and above p.a

what area is this, these are not too bad

No, company do not offer mortgage to student / graduate unless you meet certain conditions. Check my post on mortgage.

i saw your post on mortgages, i can meet most of the payment and i believe as long as i get regular income i should be eligible right? or it simply a no no for students and recent graduates
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 3:06am On Aug 04, 2007
The areas are maitama, asokoro, wuse, garki, utako, jabi, sun city and life camp. other coming up areas are prince and princess estate, gudu, gaduwa, lugbe, games village, gwarinpa, mabushi, kubwa and karu.

property investment in abuja cant be any better.

in respect to the mortgage, as much as u can meet the basic requirement, u are go to go.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by Princesege(m): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2007
Can you say something about Kuje. How is Kuje, is it a good area for property investment? What are the emenities there? How far is it from the city center? Is it advisable for anyone to buy land in Kuje?

Your answers will be appreciated.

many thanks.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2007
thanks for ur request.

kuje is located about 20km from main city and about 8km off lugbe-airport road. in effect about 20-25mins drive from main city. it is a promising area in terms of development. the population there is quit large and lots of development are croping up there. the amenites is not quit an encouraging. there is a major tarred road thats not too good in term of its state.

land is cheap and the rent is of average and will be quit good to have an investment there now, talking about foresight, take advantage of time value for money.

alot of people are looking for were they will get a fair rent in terms of accomodation and a just unique nice estate development will just be a perfect answer to there need.

i will say yes is advisable to buy a land cos is cheap and valuable.

let me knw if u still have further questions and any real estate service u want rendered for.

thanks
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by Princesege(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2007
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am interested in this up and coming area.
Could help in getting some plots there?
If yes, how much is a plot going for now?
What are the procedures of buying land in that area of Abuja.

Could you also, send details of your service charge and detailed analysis of what your found plots can be used for as contained in GIS of Abuja master plan.

Could you aslo suggest any builder, Architec that can help carry out the building contruction there. If possible I want a suggested building plan, cost, and date and time of finishing the projecty.
Send reply to ronke_2001@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
thanks for given the previlage to serve u

all relevant details and appraisal report will be sent to u in ernest.
i will like to knw what kind of investment u will like to have after reconniassance
survey and apppraisal report has been sent to u. that is, if residencial is most viable
at the end of the report, would u prefer an estate development with some numbers of housing units,
b'cos that will determine the design and the size of land required.

meanwhile i will recommend to u arc.nasir of ARCHIES EQUISIT LINKS. he has handled various project for
government, private individuals and presently handling a banks project. his sample of work will b sent to
u via an attached mail. and all details of construcion wit respect to schedule of cost and time will b communicated
appropriately.

thanks
hakir
onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by Princesege(m): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
Many thanks Hakir.
I will expect your mail a explained.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 8:17am On Aug 13, 2007
pricesege

i ve sent some information to ur box based on our last discussion. pls the space btw ronke and 2001 hope is an under score (as in ronke_2001), cos it was underlined.
hoping to hear from u soonest.

thanks
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by abujal(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2007
nice write up will love to knw how cheap is lugbe land. pls keep it up
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2007
thanks for the enquiry. land at lugbe are quite cheap in respect to the general land value in fct. it ranges from 800k and above but on the average u can get 1000m2 for 1.5m naira. while prime areas goes for as much as 3.5m to 6m.

the location and good traffic situation gives it a good hedge for its money. u will love to have a property there.

u can check my recent posting for mortgage facility by aso savings and loan nig. ltd, e-building approval in abuja with a 3D AUTOCADD SAMPLE PIC

and constructing ur homes RISK FREE with the professional.

thanks once again

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by naijakins: 12:33am On Oct 10, 2007
Hi Hakir,

You have done an excellent analysis of Abuja neighbourhoods.

Could you please do the same for Karu Site? Cost of plots, state of roads, availability of water supply, security and possibility as a good hedge for money.

Thanks
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by Princesege(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
What type of buildings are currently being built in Kuje area of Abuja?
I will appreciate any informed response pls.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
Kuje is the closest area counsel to the major city

The major road has been rehabilitated with numbers of intra roads network. A major road under construction links kuje with APO legislative quarters and a direct link road from kuje to gwagwalada also exit but in a poor state. It is also the closest to the airport, there by making kuje a focal point for future entrepreneur and investors.

In terms of co-operate services, banks are just moving in as activities are moving on fast.

LAND VALUE
The land value in the prime choice area is between N1m – N4m (residential)
Basically, 1500m2 – 2000m2 could go for N1.5m and above.

RENT
Self contain/ studio apartment – 50k-100k
1 bedroom flat – 100k- 150k
2 bedroom flat – 150k- 200k

All these depend on the finishing and good functional design of the building. The most sought after is a 1 bedroom flat construction.

These rental incomes would surely increase in the nearest future, say from 2 years time.

the most sort after building is a one bedroom flat apartment.

do i answer ur question?

thanks
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2007
KARU is located in the outskirt of abuja main city FCT. it is one of the best satellite town in abuja. in terms of road network, quality of building, and arrangement of structures. its a good reciprocal of FCT in the outskirt.

LOCATION: is the first town en route to nassarawa state, its access from FCT is through asokoro district. it shares boundary with nassarawa state i.e maraba.

PROPERTY VALUE: the property and land value commensurate wit the good nature of the place an average standard of FCT. 2B/R FLAT GOES FOR BTW 300 - 400K AND 3B/R FLAT BTW 350 - 550K depending on the quality of finishing and taste. land values a 1000m2 land goes for about 5m and above depending on strategic the site is.

INFRASTRUCTURE: water is fair enough there and security and light i will say fair too to the best of my knowledge.

TRAFFIC: its about 3 - 4min drive to asokoro on a neutral traffic free time. but hence a satellite town the accolade of such preclude it as the traffic to FCT town is always dense in the morning and back in the evening. this is because the same route convey traffic to nyanya, maraba,masaka, jikoye and keffi and lafia nassarawa state capital. though the road is well tarred and wide.
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2007
I need a land in abuja in Kuje area just need it for residential or investment
pls send me the necessary info. e,mail me at Wale_solid@yahoo.com
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by raydome(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2007
hakir:

KARU is located in the outskirt of abuja main city FCT. it is one of the best satellite town in abuja. in terms of road network, quality of building, and arrangement of structures. its a good reciprocal of FCT in the outskirt.

LOCATION: is the first town en route to nassarawa state, its access from FCT is through asokoro district. it shares boundary with nassarawa state i.e maraba.

PROPERTY VALUE: the property and land value commensurate wit the good nature of the place an average standard of FCT. 2B/R FLAT GOES FOR BTW 300 - 400K AND 3B/R FLAT BTW 350 - 550K depending on the quality of finishing and taste. land values a 1000m2 land goes for about 5m and above depending on strategic the site is.

INFRASTRUCTURE: water is fair enough there and security and light i will say fair too to the best of my knowledge.

TRAFFIC: its about 3 - 4min drive to asokoro on a neutral traffic free time. but hence a satellite town the accolade of such preclude it as the traffic to FCT town is always dense in the morning and back in the evening. this is because the same route convey traffic to nyanya, maraba,masaka, jikoye and keffi and lafia nassarawa state capital. though the road is well tarred and wide.

I am thinking of relocating to abuja, i would need at least a year rentage and try to get my own house before the end. can you sugest how to go about that? i live in PH currently
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by hakir(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2007
raydome,

you are welcome to abuja to experience its serenity and hospitality. well, i will like to know which area you will like to stay.

for your info: there is a 2 bedroom flat with2 toilets in karu in a good compound going for 400,000 naira ,1 year term, 1 flat left

and a 3 bedroom flat in wuse zone 2 newly renovated 800,000 naira, 1 year term, it is in a block of 8 flats .

thanks

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property by raydome(m): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2007
hakir:

raydome,

you are welcome to abuja to experience its serenity and hospitality. well, i will like to know which area you will like to stay.

for your info: there is a 2 bedroom flat with2 toilets in karu in a good compound going for 400,000 naira ,1 year term, 1 flat left

and a 3 bedroom flat in wuse zone 2 newly renovated 800,000 naira, 1 year term, it is in a block of 8 flats .

thanks

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Thanks i got you email am sending a mail to you rite away Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Sale Of 645acres At Owode Town / 1760sqm Cornerpiece Land @ Ajah, 1450sqm @ Osapa Lekki, Lagos. / Need Help. My Landlord Gave Me 7 Days Quit Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.