Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. (33022 Views)

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Cashsteady(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Pierocash(m): 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Kingpin1000: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg

277 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by kestolove95(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kolewerk for bankers

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Cashsteady(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by xpressionx(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by cocolacec(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole
Nigerians will need bicycle lanes like they have in Europe.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Pierocash(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen
those places in Europe have decent and law abiding citizens. Nigerians have the highest rate of traffic offenders in the world.

For instance,how many times do you see people driving one way in those countries?

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Cashsteady(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
kestolove95:
Kolewerk for bankers

It can actually. If you are time conscious it Will..

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by oluwaseyi1759(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin
xpressionx:
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Jerryherd: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2021
It's all about Urban planning.... Most European cities have master plans that accommodates bikes as far back as centuries ago

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by OkuFaba(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Riding from mainland to island everyday and back to the mainland.

Our ladies would have yam legs before 25 that is if those kurupe (tiny bus) drivers don't kill them before getting to their destination

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SarkinYarki: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
I ride when I can in my area but I don't go outside phase one ever except I spill to Bourdillon and make sure I turn at french embassy

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by omowolewa: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Body odour will be too much except your office has bathroom.

It's hot here already, cycling will make you sweat. Like cycling from Oshodi to VI. Or One-man village to Federal Secretariat.

You just discover that all greetings are made to you from afar. All meetings with you would be by zoom. Finally, you will now have a new name like "Gambo mai Rally*, "Kunle oni Keke", "Obi Bic", "Ndifon bicycle"

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by DoctorDree(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hmmmm......Not in a country with bad roads,bad transport systems and even bad drivers,to top it all bad government......

13 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by YoungLionken(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
That's an obsolete means of transportation but because it is the WESTERN WORLD using it, so there's nothing wrong undecided...

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Tissaia(f): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Immis: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
shocked
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by twilliamx(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
1; No cycling lanes
2:Mad drivers out there.
3: can be easily robbed especially those that go out early and come back late
4: riding bicycle after shayo no be easy task

Feel free to add yours.

44 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by slawormiir: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

Na power them take dey peddle bicycle o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Ekejoestar(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Honestly that would be a great idea but it comes with a lot of cons, like the major reason why I don't take my mountain bike to far places is because of careless drivers, imagine say person go dey drag road with dangote trailer! No be death him dey find.

Abeg ooo, Nigeria is not yet ripe for that, the ONLY place such a thing can work na inside estates.

Dis my bicycle dey fly once e enter gear five, na so I carry am enter Idiroko Road last Sunday, omo see where I dey drag speed with okada people...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Elidrisy20: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
You no see as dem kill cyclist
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by blamingthedevil: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nobody stops Nigerians from using bicycles
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Parashooter: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
The case will be different in Lagos state... Even on cars person dey fear Lagos lagoon when on third mainland bridge, not to imagine cycling with the type of drivers driving yellow buses & mad private drivers... angry grin > grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Pidginwhisper: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Make i speak for Lagos. With mad drivers we get for road especially those Mad Danfo drivers,Igbobi go full. Orthopedic doctors go dey drive Bentley, even traditional bonesetter(TBS) go dey cash out steadily.Everybody go wan be orthopedic doctor, whether qualified or not. Every 5min you go dey see person with crutches or wheelchair. Lagos go become disability republic. grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Omo I bin dey reason this thing yesterday I swear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Youngzedd(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mad drivers everywhere. They will pursue you enter gutter and still curse you join.

Cycling got lots of health and environmental benefits, but Nigeria cities aren't structured to accommodate it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by money121(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by danowena: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
It’s my choice na.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Topzee109: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Stop comparing Nigeria with all these European countries, do we have the same road network

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.