Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (881933 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by 4129: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Hi pals, I so much appreciate everyone's effort to get this forum to this level. I have being following this forum right from day one i decided to go germany for MSc. I got admitted to study an MSc. programme at Uni-Freiburg. Received my hard copy admission letter and booked or visa AP slated 15th next month. Thought I submitted my blocked account opening form at the lagos embassy exactly 15days ago and yet to receive my account details. I want to know if anybody is going to Uni-Freiburg or any where in Baden-Württemberg.

Thanks folks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
Use d same Google na!
stop being so silly.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2014
beebee5000: Please house help me praise the lord ohh. Finally I have received the much awaited email. My visa has been approved and was asked to come with 3 months travel insurance. I want to thank you all for your advise and good wishes.
For those also on the waiting list, you shall rejoice and share your testimony too.
congrats bro.. Wow..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Barywhyte(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Congratulation @beebee5000! It is well with you and all of us. Our own goodnews is coming too. We shall share it here Gods willing
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2014
Plz can someone give me the link to a Studienkolleg that accepts Nigerian students and the process of applying. Since WAEC is not accepted for direct entry into German Uni for Bsc.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2014
Justcul:

SMH.... If my apology is not enough, go hug transformer!
Remain there...don't start learning d German. As if you know the English! U think everyone knows English lang. If German works for u, speak it, write it and go align urself with it. Economy when excellent spreads any language. Go figure!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2014
naijaobi:
stop being so silly.
Oh I'm silly...only u will come back here regretting how lack of d Lang is limiting u. Sb spent money and time at Goethe and u can't Google to translate. Dey there dey monkey.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
Oh I'm silly...only u will come back here regretting how lack of d Lang is limiting u. Sb spent money and time at Goethe and u can't Google to translate. Dey there dey monkey.
abeg no cm spoil the happiness wey we dey enjoy now. Beebee5000 just got his visa. Carry ur wahala another place.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2014
I had my interview on the 13th of june, though I had already seen my bank account details before going for the interview, Old mama just told me to fund the account and sent the confirmation to the embassy.
I didn't fund the account until last week and got confirmation from DB on friday.
I sent the confirmation to the embassy immediately on friday and yesterday I got a response that the confirmation have been sent to the alien authority in germany for final consent.
This morning, I was mailed by the embassy to come with three month travel insurance and my passport.
For those who had been asking questions about funding before interview, take a clue from this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2014
I had my interview on the 13th of june, though I had already seen my bank account details before going for the interview, Old mama just told me to fund the account and sent the confirmation to the embassy.
I didn't fund the account until last week and got confirmation from DB on friday.
I sent the confirmation to the embassy immediately on friday and yesterday I got a response that the confirmation have been sent to the alien authority in germany for final consent.
This morning, I was mailed by the embassy to come with three month travel insurance and my passport.
For those who had been asking questions about funding before interview, take a clue from this.
Let the winter applicants testimonies roll on....

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijaobi:
abeg no cm spoil the happiness wey we dey enjoy now. Beebee5000 just got his visa. Carry ur wahala another place.
Visa is nothing if u have ur documents and money. Life in Germany is the thing oh.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please, is anybody heading towards Anhalt university of applied sciences? Its located in the state of Saxony Anhalt in the former East Germany. Please for those who are there already or experienced living there, what is life there like for an African student? Job opportunities and all? From the info I got online, the east is a bit behind the other regions however, I believe there could be other advantages like lower cost of living. I would appreciate informed contributions. Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
Visa is nothing if u have ur documents and money. Life in Germany is the thing oh.
Can you brief us about life in germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Barywhyte(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=bissiejoe]I had my interview on the 13th of june, though I had already seen my bank account details before going for the interview, Old mama just told me to fund the account and sent the confirmation to the embassy.
This morning,

Good for you. congrats
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
bissiejoe:
Can you brief us about life in germany?
You mean like what Dolpaz did few pages back?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
beebee5000: Please house help me praise the lord ohh. Finally I have received the much awaited email. My visa has been approved and was asked to come with 3 months travel insurance. I want to thank you all for your advise and good wishes.
For those also on the waiting list, you shall rejoice and share your testimony too.
congrats ooooh, deutschland here he comes
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
bissiejoe: I had my interview on the 13th of june, though I had already seen my bank account details before going for the interview, Old mama just told me to fund the account and sent the confirmation to the embassy.

Congrats bro.. Thank God.
But please, what exactly is the travel insurance like?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nimakor:
With the tone of his statement, I believe he has a different version from what dolpaz and others have stated. So. I want to hear his own version of life in germany.
Anything bad in that?

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
UBKtech: Plz can someone give me the link to a Studienkolleg that accepts Nigerian students and the process of applying. Since WAEC is not accepted for direct entry into German Uni for Bsc.
first of all do u have any german knowledge.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Congratulobias
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
So happy that this thread is recording great testimonies.

Wish y'all the best in Germany !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Realk1:

Congrats bro.. Thank God.
But please, what exactly is the travel insurance like?
It's a compulsory insurance for people travelling to schengen region.
You can get from insurance coy like IGI, Aiico etc
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nimakor:
I observed that the trend here is to criticise those who asks questions that had been previously answered. I admit some do it needlessly out of ignorance. However, there are questions which may require answers from different people because of individual experiences. For instance, experience of life in Germany may differ for different individual living in different regions. I believed that life in the east may differ from life in the west. We should also note that situations can change. info that was relevant a year ago may be useless today (e.g the new minimum wage of about €8/hr to be implemented nationwide by 2015). Also, for questions like this, the more answers you get, the merrier and more informed decisions that is made. We should also note that Google may not do justice to questions of this nature sometimes, it is forum like this that sometimes provide the info that builds Google's reputation for giving answers. Sorry for my lengthy contribution.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gud day house, pls those of yu dat have experiences with visa issues plz advice me on wot to do. i have an ecowas passport obtained in 2011 but will expire in 2016, am planning on applying for summar session dis yr nd d duration of d studies is 2 yrs, which means my visa would expire by 2017 if am granted visa by 2015. From wot i heard nd read online embassies prefare valid passport which would cover d duration of studies, should i destroy my current passport nd reapply for new one nd will d new passport expiry date still be 2016, or should i ignore it cobtinue with it. thanks nd God bless
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Eke40seven:
I observed that the trend here is to criticise those who asks questions that had been previously answered. I admit some do it needlessly out of ignorance. However, there are questions which may require answers from different people because of individual experiences. For instance, experience of life in Germany may differ for different individual living in different regions. I believed that life in the east may differ from life in the west. We should also note that situations can change. info that was relevant a year ago may be useless today (e.g the new minimum wage of about €8/hr to be implemented nationwide by 2015). Also, for questions like this, the more answers you get, the merrier and more informed decisions that is made. We should also note that Google may not do justice to questions of this nature sometimes, it is forum like this that sometimes provide the info that builds Google's reputation for giving answers. Sorry for my lengthy contribution.
Eke, thats why its advisable to read some few pages back. Obviously, not everybody lives in the same state. so each member comes here to share their experiences.
mein zwei loffel !

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven: 12:29pm
Please, is anybody heading towards Anhalt university of applied sciences? Its located in the state of Saxony Anhalt in the former East Germany. Please for those who are there already or experienced living there, what is life there like for an African student? Job opportunities and all? From the info I got online, the east is a bit behind the other regions however, I believe there could be other advantages like lower cost of living. I would appreciate informed contributions. Thanks!

I am heading to same school @eke40seven
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
yapyap: Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven: 12:29pm

I am heading to same school @eke40seven
Wow! that's nice! what are your preparations like? Have you gotten useful info about the place? When are you leaving? We could hook up! Although i would implore you to share any info here because of others! Good luck! Hope to hear more from you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
oga abeg stop quoting me. Nawaooo..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
bissiejoe: I had my interview on the 13th of june, though I had already seen my bank account details before going for the interview, Old mama just told me to fund the account and sent the confirmation to the embassy.
congratulations my brother..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Eke40seven: Please, is anybody heading towards Anhalt university of applied sciences? Its located in the state of Saxony Anhalt in the former East Germany. Please for those who are there already or experienced living there, what is life there like for an African student? Job opportunities and all? From the info I got online, the east is a bit behind the other regions however, I believe there could be other advantages like lower cost of living. I would appreciate informed contributions. Thanks!
thats one of the schools i got admitted in. Biomedical Engineering to be precised. A joint admission with martin luther university, halle.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
University of Mannheim anyone?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
naijaobi:
thats one of the schools i got admitted in. Biomedical Engineering to be precised. A joint admission with martin luther university, halle.
That's great! Congrats! Halle is just 28 miles from Desau where my campus is. Is your campus in Kothen or Bernburg? Its great to know that one will occasionally see some smiley black faces in a sea of serious white academic faces. Hope we could share more info. Have you hooked up with anybody who could shed more light about life there specifically? Looking foward to our Naija connection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.