Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884007 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 12:19am On Jul 31, 2014
geemana: Furthermore, please what is the content of the slip you were given after applying for the blocked account? knowing that could help in trying to judge or guess if they would accept the account confirmation letter in place of the slip because I never get the money needed. Thanks.
Use the account confirmation print-out. When she asks about the transfer (and she will), just tell her you have not funded it. That's all.
Do your thing!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Barywhyte(m): 2:59am On Jul 31, 2014
damilola15:

Yes, a little more than 2 months ago I received admission notification(s) from FSU, ASP precisely.

Are you serious? did you apply before March 31? I am still expecting reply from ASP. Good to know someone here is going to ASP!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 5:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Barywhyte:
Are you serious? did you apply before March 31?
Yes I did, I think it early January.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by edufabulous(m): 6:13am On Jul 31, 2014
damilola15:
which of the schools are you opting for? (FSU and ASP)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Nimakor:
Use the account confirmation print-out. When she asks about the transfer (and she will), just tell her you have not funded it. That's all.
Do your thing!
mhhh....I am thinking I should mail them to confirm. Any advice on that.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oladunwo(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Godson201333:

You are senseless,Is it now that you want to correct someone that its called block or blocked account?Nonsense! who ask you for correction mr I too know?'

I think Ebola virus has hit this our own good thread,this is why i stop coming here...pls beware of ferdimako,Eke47 and more......They have nothing upstairs.
Haba mr Godson, respect is reciprocal, learn to write without using insulting words
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2014
geemana: mhhh....I am thinking I should mail them to confirm. Any advice on that.
Well, what can I say? This is why I encourage pple to flip some pages. I did it...about 2weeks ago.
It was not a guess!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 8:01am On Jul 31, 2014
oladunwo:
Haba mr Godson, respect is reciprocal, learn to write without using insulting words
I'm afraid that's who he is...I have seen his antecedents. Move on!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Barywhyte(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2014
damilola15:

oh I guess thats y u got a fast reply. I applied April. Did u apply for their scholarship? is this ur first time of applyin to ASP?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2014
geemana: Furthermore, please what is the content of the slip you were given after applying for the blocked account? knowing that could help in trying to judge or guess if they would accept the account confirmation letter in place of the slip because I never get the money needed. Thanks.
It was just a confirmation that I have applied to open a block account with DB.
As Nimakor pointed out, use the account details form and probably teell her that you are in the process of funding the account
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2014
oluwaniyin: IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THIS QUESTION ASAP, I AM GOING TO CLOSE THIS THREAD. GOT THAT - JUST TRY ME.

VERY IMPORTANT
How did you fund your blocked account?

Please we need step by step solution to this from everyone who have done this.

(Hint: did you just walk to any bank and say you want to fund your blocked account - i mean you have 2 million naira in your local wema, gtb account)... - you know the blocked account has to be in euro. pls how did you conquer this simple process?)
Please - STEP by STEP solution.

Next time you ask such questions, wait for a reply. You don't have to flood the thread. Otherwise go back a few pages to get your answer...

GTB Bank : Go to any GTB bank or diamond bank and open an Euro Domicilary account(a type of current account). Usually you need referees for you to open with GTB. Someone that did with Diamond told me it was much easier thats why I mentioned them. Getting referees can be hard because they require current account holders. Once you present the referees, the account opened for you will be activated for transanctions.

Go to the Local markets (Those that change money), make sure its a trusted seller. Euro is currently between 225 - 227 depending on the seller. I bought at 225. Exchange the money equivalent of the blocked account in Euro in your current account. Then go to your bank and transfer. Take note of the IBAN number during transfer because it surely matters. Your bank will give you forms to fill and You transfer by bits due to CBN policy. After transfer, do collect the Telex copy as proof of your transfer. Wait for like 3 - 5 days, the deutsch bank will send you a confirmation that your account has been credited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2014
hello guys! First, this Eke47,his cousins and family memeber; hmmmm ,una sabi speak english sha.........! @geemena, i also want to go to the abuja embassy to open the account. Abeg wetin them tell u, as in how u take do am? (Step by step.) @ ola.... Who asked for steps to open a blocked account, what i want to share is based on what i have learnt from this thread, gather more info before you take action ! 1. Go online,dowload, fill and print the acct opening form or print and fill handwritten . Please print coloured, and dont sign the form after filling. 2.go to the consulate in lagos or embassy in abuja with the form, your admission letter and passport data page (2 copies each ). You will sign the form there in the presence of a visa officer. Submit the signed form and other documents to the visa officer, but in abuja i learnt u will be the one to send the documents to the Duestche bank. 3.once ur applicatio for acct opening gets to the bank in germany they will email u , ur acct details. Know dat dis will take some days.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 8:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Ndyoo:

Next time you ask such questions, wait for a reply. You don't have to flood the thread. Otherwise go back a few pages to get your answer...

GTB Bank : Go to any GTB bank or diamond bank and open an Euro Domicilary account(a type of current account). Usually you need referees for you to open with GTB. Someone that did with Diamond told me it was much easier thats why I mentioned them. Getting referees can be hard because they require current account holders. Once you present the referees, the account opened for you will be activated for transanctions.

Go to the Local markets (Those that change money), make sure its a trusted seller. Euro is currently between 225 - 227 depending on the seller. I bought at 225. Exchange the money equivalent of the blocked account in Euro in your current account. Then go to your bank and transfer. Take note of the IBAN number during transfer because it surely matters. Your bank will give you forms to fill and You transfer by bits due to CBN policy. After transfer, do collect the Telex copy as proof of your transfer. Wait for like 3 - 5 days, the deutsch bank will send you a confirmation that your account has been credited.

Very important to note the CBN limit. I had initiated a transfer for the full amount yesterday but it was rejected due to the limit of $10,000 per day (equivalent to approx EUR 7,300). I had to re-initiate it in bits. Also, if you have online banking with GTB, you don't need to go to the bank. You can do it online. Transfers initiated before 2pm is usually treated the same day, after 2pm will be treated the next day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2014
I see you abiegirl...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2014
now that u have received the account details, transfer the money ... To transfer the money i.e minimun of 8040 euros + 50 euros (service charge)........... Ask your bank if they can change ur money for you, if YES use ur bank other wise use the bureau de change guys. CAUTION ! Dont carry ur money to their office to give u euros, its better u ask them to follow u to the bank ,let them give the bank officer the euros, after its confirmed original and complete u can then give him his cash (naira) or transfer the money into his account. Do all this transaction inside the bank, if possible in the manager's office to avoid stories that touch. The bank will do the transfer to ur german account for u but with a charge oooo and other procedures, no be free oooooo. Those who have done this can explain more.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2014
Good morning to everybody and trust we all good here today? Been a while though but been regularly stealing glance here even though been silent.

Please,I 'humbly' want to ask the approximate cost of transferring the amount of 8040Euros to the block account and also,what bank y'all think would charge least for this transfer?

Thanks and God Bless y'all

Humbly Myself!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2014
edufabulous:
which of the schools are you opting for? (FSU and ASP)

ASP is a school/faculty in FSU.

Barywhyte:
oh I guess thats y u got a fast reply. I applied April. Did u apply for their scholarship? is this ur first time of applyin to ASP?

It's my first time applying. I didn't apply for scholarship because I think I forgot. Yes, at that time, I had sent applications to more than 12 schools (try your luck kinda thing), I was keeping record until I had to travel.
Still in dilemma as to where to go though?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Barywhyte:

have u checked ur status at the student's portal? Cos they v already sent out rejection and acceptance letter long time ago.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2014
This thread is beginning to derail. It has gotten to d point where insults instead of answers are thrown about. I am so disappointed because i was so happy about d info i have been getting from this place that i even recommended it to some of my friends and work colleagues that want to study in Germany. Anyway, please, lets get along, ignore people that are here to insult others and answere people that need your help to the best of your abilities. As a girl, i wouldnt want to meet a guy that has no respect for others from this nairaland in Germany, seriously, it is not cool at all.

Anyway, i applied to three schools, Uni Siegen, TUM and HNE Eberswalde and i have been admitted in to the last two, TUM and HNE, the 3rd one is yet to reply. I would like to know the people here for #teamwinter TUM. I also want to know if my sister who is a german is housing and accomodating me, do i still need a blocked account and what documents is she supposed to send to me. I have checked previous threads but it didnt go into details.
3: the entire visa application process takes about how many weeks? If i start in August, will in make it in time for the 1st of October resumption date?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2014
ebele17: This thread is beginning to derail. It has gotten to d point where insults instead of answers are thrown about. I am so disappointed because i was so happy about d info i have been getting from this place that i even recommended it to some of my friends and work colleagues that want to study in Germany. Anyway, please, lets get along, ignore people that are here to insult others and answere people that need your help to the best of your abilities. As a girl, i wouldnt want to meet a guy that has no respect for others from this nairaland in Germany, seriously, it is not cool at all.

Anyway, i applied to three schools, Uni Siegen, TUM and HNE Eberswalde and i have been admitted in to the last two, TUM and HNE, the 3rd one is yet to reply. I would like to know the people here for #teamwinter TUM. I also want to know if my sister who is a german is housing and accomodating me, do i still need a blocked account and what documents is she supposed to send to me. I have checked previous threads but it didnt go into details.
3: the entire visa application process takes about how many weeks? If i start in August, will in make it in time for the 1st of October resumption date?

Who is this one
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Justcul:

Who is this one

Mutter Ebele, who are youcheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:39am On Jul 31, 2014
bissiejoe:
It was just a confirmation that I have applied to open a block account with DB.
As Nimakor pointed out, use the account details form and probably teell her that you are in the process of funding the account
thank you,bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Nimakor:
Well, what can I say? This is why I encourage pple to flip some pages. I did it...about 2weeks ago.
It was not a guess!

I flip through pages.maybe I missed that.Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Nimakor:
Mutter Ebele, who are youcheesy

Lolzz.. Nimakor how far naa.. She is suppose to atleast read like ten pages back.. Some of her questions have been answered previously..

Let me go and quote some useful pages...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
futurewise11: FAQ about german school admission and visa.

1)How can i apply for admission?

Use google or daad.de.

2)What is the school fees?

Most german university tuition free.except some few states where student pay 500euro.

3)Whats the admission requirement?

Generally,for undergraduate,u can get admission with olevel, toefl,good university transcript, or A levels.motivational letter,cv,etc.
Note.always check ur program requirement.
For master degree applicant,bsc result,transcript,toefl,motivational letter,cv etc

4)Can i be admitted without proof of english certificate like toefl,ielts etc.

Depending on the school/prog.
Always contact the program cordinator.they have the final say.

5)Can i be admitted with my olevel into bsc program?

No.

6)Whats is uni assist?

Uni-assist is the link between prospective student and university.there main function is to verify your academic qualification if its enough to get you admission in a german university.

7)Whats there charges?
You are to pay 65 euro,for the first application and another 15 euro per application if you are sending more.this is for non EU student.
Below are important details of uni assist
lease fill in the transfer form as follows:

Benificiary:uni-assist e.V.
Account number:523749001
Bank sort code:100 708 48
Name of the bank:Berliner Bank, Niederlassung der Deutschen Bank
International bankcode:DE10100708480523749001
BIC/SWIFT-CodeDEUTDEDB110

Phone number +49 30 666 44 345

Address c/o uni-assist e.V.
Helmholtzstrasse 2-9
D-10587 Berlin,germany.

coolPlease note,not all school or program are under uni assist,so please check if your school or program is under uni assist.

9)After 2 weeks you will be inform if your document is forwarded to your school or its incomplete to get admission in a german school.which you will duly be inform by uni assist.

10)Does uni assist grant admission?

No,its your school that gives admission.

11)After admission by my school what next?

Book your visa appointment,atleast one month and a week in advance,to set up ur block account.

Take your admission letter to the embassy open your block accout.after the account is open transfer the sum of 8040 euro to your deutche bank account.

12)How will i transfer the money?

Walk into any commercial bank (i recommend gtb and fbn)open an euro dommiciliary account,convert all ur naira to euro(take the malam into the bank,dont take ur money to there office)make sure the euro has being paid into your account before giving them your naira.

13)After 2 to 3 days ur will recieve confirmation for payment from deutsch bank.

14)On the interview date,get to the embassy very early,even before ur appointment time.germans dont joke with appointment/time.no oga abeg sir oooh.please prepare very well.

15)What are the likely interview question?

What are you going to do in germany,your course,program structure,school location(state and city),why germany,countries that has boarder with germany,what do you know about germany,why that course,finance,informantion about your sponsor,ur plan after your studies etc.

After interview u will be told,your file will be sent to foriegners office.they will let u know the outcome soon.

It takes between 2-6 weeks for the visa depending on the location of the school.

Please this is just a guidline,if you are in doubt of any information kindly post for honourable members to help.

Am leaving this email incase theres anyway i can help and u want it personal(justnlgsa123@yahoo.com)if you think you can scam me,sorry.

To all the veteran of the house,
Jejet,topeajis,godson,pfane360,liligem,franklysco,churchil,rihanaola,suxes,justwise,jagajaga,newacca,flange(africa) and those that i couldnt include there name respect for u guys.you are source of inspiration to me,particulalr during my waiting period for my visa.

One love my people.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2014
ebele17: This thread is beginning to derail. It has gotten to d point where insults instead of answers are thrown about. I am so disappointed because i was so happy about d info i have been getting from this place that i even recommended it to some of my friends and work colleagues that want to study in Germany. Anyway, please, lets get along, ignore people that are here to insult others and answere people that need your help to the best of your abilities. As a girl, i wouldnt want to meet a guy that has no respect for others from this nairaland in Germany, seriously, it is not cool at all.

Madam, your German sister can get you a sponsorship letter as long as she resides in Germany. Give her same details on your international passport, with that, she should go to her local government or a recognised German authority where she can do a DECLARATION OF SPONSORSHIP FOR THE PURPOSE OF STUDY, once you have that, you won't be needing the blocked account.
I think the process, from what I gathered takes, 2 months give or take although some can take 3months but if you have everything together now, you should be able to meet up.
However, seek for more information.
I hope you find the information helpful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
iluminati:

No that does not happened here. Sharing one room with 2 people is seen as a breach of your accommodation contract cos you have signed that only you will live the one room so anything other than that is not fair especially if the landlord gets to find out. You wont even be comfortable squating somebody else cos your neighbors might know and report you especially if it's a hostel or private house.

I will advise you look for flat of around 500-650 and share it but not one small room which is not even enough for one person. Accommodation is actually one of the things we spend on here. Beside you need your own housing contract to register your address with foreigners office and how will you have that document when you are squatting?. I will advise you prepare financially to cover the cost of housing before coming. security deposits can also be charged before you get housing here.

I hope this helps?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=Justcul][/quote]
@justcul, If what you quoted above is in respect to what ebele17 had earlier posted, then I would urge you to make things clearer so she follow it to the letter.
My concerns stems from the fact that:
1. she didn't state that her sister is a student neither did she specify the type of accommodation her sister occupies. So, it won't be appropriate to follow what you quoted above in her case.
2. Those rule may not necessarily apply since she is staying with a guardian or will I say her sponsor, a sister who is German (according to her o) she should be well aware of the rules that governs tenancy there assumably though.
However, thanks for taking your time to dig up the post because it was quite useful in my case and am sure some will attest to that too.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
@eke,

Thanks my dear 4 your analysis..

The problem people have with you is; drawing conclusions and recommendations based on assumtions and fantasies...

FYI, my quotes were not directed at Ebele, but for 'general knowledge' and frm ppl with grounded facts and experience! ....Ppl on ground in Germany..our ogas @ d top like Godson grin cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Barywhyte(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
naijaobi:
have u checked ur status at the student's portal? Cos they v already sent out rejection and acceptance letter long time ago.

Yes I keep checking no change in status. I sent them mail on July 2nd and they replied that results will be sent out on July 9 but I havent heard anything yet. Well u didnt apply for scholarship so ur case was easy to deal with. But I think its taking too long. Last year when I applied I got acceptance mail on July 8 but didnt make it cos of cash. I didnt want to send another mail about my status. I'd allow them do their job. have u gotten ur visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
This info is about transferring funds into your block account with Deutsche Bank.
Like I have done in time past, I will use my experience to narrate this.
I open a Euro Domiciliary account with GTB(note I already operate current a/c with GTB). I changed my naira to Euro(i went with the mallam to the bank.he came with his Euro, counted out 8100 euros and gave it to the teller to confirm. After confirmation, I transferred the naira equivalent into his account and also paid the euro into my account. One Euro went for 226.80 Naira then(mid july).)
I wanted to transfer the whole 8100 euros, but I was informed that I can only transfer maximum of 7000 euros which I did and transferred the remaining 1100 euros the following day.
After 2 days, I got the confirmation mail from Deutsche bank.

CHARGES: telex charge is 3500, offshore charge is 4000 or 15 euro, commission is 0.5% of amount transferred, VAT is 5% of commission.

NOTE: for GTB, every transfer you initiate, you pay telex and offshore charges(that is if you transfer X times, you pay the two charges X times.)
For every transfer below 2000 euros, you pay 1% as commission.
So when you want to initiate your transfer, transfer half of the amount the first day and the remaining half the second day so that you only pay 0.5% commission.

I wish you all good luck and I wish our members who will be travelling starting from August safe journey to Deutschland. And I wish all visa applicants favour in their application.
God bless us all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Justcul: @eke,

Thanks my dear 4 your analysis..

The problem people have with you is; drawing conclusions and recommendations based on assumtions and fantasies...

FYI, my quotes were not directed at Ebele, but for general knowlwdge and facts frm ppl with grounded facts and experience! ....Ppl on ground in Germany..our ogas @ d top like Godson grin cool
Cheap shots inspired by ego bruised, shallow reasoning!!!
OK o, am very sorry ma/sir i didn't mean to bruise your ego that is why I specifically mentioned that "IF it was in reference to what ebele17 posted" so that she won't assume its was directly addressing her question since your quote kinda relates to or will i say coincides with her enquiries (I wouldn't assume you just brought out a quote for no apparent reason?) and I ended by appreciating your efforts.
Thank you for observing my flaws and tendencies towards leaning on 'assumptions' and 'fantacies'.....but I think most of my comments are more accurate than you could ever imagine and I stand by it.
....There's just so much you wont understand so you ain't at fault.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.