Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:09 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (881989 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Teflon1:

No...i am not trying to insult u, i was just playing around. I actually wrote anoda tin, d admin. changed it. What i jokingly wrote looks/sounds like "Achso". I guess it is not appropriate to write it here.
sprichst du deutsch?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bravejurn: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello house, if I attend d goethe institute for the language course do I stil need a 1yr university result 2 gain admision or I shud just go with onli d 1st year result?

NB, I don't have any of d two now, stil planning 2 go 4 d best choice.. And don't knw wch 2 go 4.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
nkechima:

please, learn how to relate properly with people most especially strangers. we human are like water.......U can as well complete the statement.
thank U
I didnt insult you. If you believe I did, wat can I say.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
bravejurn: Hello house, if I attend d goethe institute for the language course do I stil need a 1yr university result 2 gain admision or I shud just go with onli d 1st year result?

NB, I don't have any of d two now, stil planning 2 go 4 d best choice.. And don't knw wch 2 go 4.

Thanks in anticipation
You need the language certification if your intended program is entirely or partly taught in German. There are english taught programs, which demand need atleast one year university education.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
phucado: Had my university changed by the embassy after mailing them with my new admission letter. Guys going to trier....

Was ur university changed after u collected ur visa or before?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Emasel(m): 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello House,

I am new here.Please I would like to make some enquiries

1. I am aware that for an international student to be granted student's visa into Germany, he/she must provide proof of sponsorship either by opening a blocked account or obtaining a letter of sponsorship from a sponsor based in Germany. My question now is, must the sponsor based in Germany have blood relationship with the person he/she is sponsoring.

2. I intend doing a masters program taught wholly in English. I understand I have to show evidence of English Language proficiency, must I also write GRE, because I checked some German universities with English taught masters in Engineering and most of them demanded GRE as admission requirements.

3.What are the chances of an international PG student working and studying in Germany.

Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bravejurn: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nimakor:
You need the language certification if your intended program is entirely or partly taught in German. There are english taught programs, which demand need atleast one year university education.
I will like to study mech eng., n must I study mech eng here in nigeria too or I can gain admission for mech. with any other course here?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Emasel: Hello House,

I am new here.Please I would like to make some enquiries

1. I am aware that for an international student to be granted student's visa into Germany, he/she must provide proof of sponsorship either by opening a blocked account or obtaining a letter of sponsorship from a sponsor based in Germany. My question now is, must the sponsor based in Germany have blood relationship with the person he/she is sponsoring.

2. I intend doing a masters program taught wholly in English. I understand I have to show evidence of English Language proficiency, must I also write GRE, because I checked some German universities with English taught masters in Engineering and most of them demanded GRE as admission requirements.

3.What are the chances of an international PG student working and studying in Germany.

Thanks!

1.the sponsor must be based in germany. And the sponsor can be any person. Wether realtion/friend/enemy/white/black/deaf/dumb/crippled.

2. Most of them don't require gre. Use mastersportal.eu to search.

3. Yes you can work part time. Read study-in.de/en

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
bravejurn: I will like to study mech eng., n must I study mech eng here in nigeria too or I can gain admission for mech. with any other course here?
Same or any other in that line.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
nkechima:

please, learn how to relate properly with people most especially strangers. we human are like water.......U can as well complete the statement.
thank U
when some one says ach so, it means "I see" its not meant as an insult.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Emasel(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
naijaobi:

1.the sponsor must be based in germany. And the sponsor can be any person. Wether realtion/friend/enemy/white/black/deaf/dumb/crippled.

2. Most of them don't require gre. Use mastersportal.eu to search.

3. Yes you can work part time. Read study-in.de/en

Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
@eke47, u are really a character.. '' your two cowries '' Lolzz grin keep d good work bro, you will surely testify...

Justcul says so!
God ain't sleeping

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
For those asking after me, I wanted to receive my good news ni o. Tanx for the care.

Should av been here earlier. Praise God with me, I picked my VISA on wednesday. Flight booked, shoppings being made, #stuttgart here I come.

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow!!!

9 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
jahjehova: For those asking after me, I wanted to receive my good news ni o. Tanx for the care.

Should av been here earlier. Praise God with me, I picked my VISA on wednesday. Flight booked, shoppings being made, #stuttgart here I come.

Congratulations Dear.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
jahjehova: For those asking after me, I wanted to receive my good news ni o. Tanx for the care.

congrats bro. I tap into ur blessing.. Even ur monicker is holy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
I still have my Lagos State birth certificate. If I want to get a sworn affidavit of age, do I write that I lost my birth certificate? How should I go about writing it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by isha99: 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
JewelStone:

I wish we can have a separate thread for those who are travelling to Germany on Schengen Visa.

My interview was a smooth sail, like a chat. Got my passport back this week thru FedEx with my visa intact.

I was interviewed by a nice black young man. Lemme try and recap:

VO: good morning madam, "still talking to his colleague and laughing"
Me: good morning
VO: how are you doing? Please pass me your docs
Me:I passed my docs
VO: why are you going to Germany?
Me: going for tourism and fun
VO : what do you do?
Me: I work In .... bank
VO : are you married?
Me : not yet
VO : why? You're very beautiful with a European nose
Me : Aww...Thank you. I'm hoping to do that next year
VO : OK. I can see you're going to Munich and Barcelona, why did choose this cities and what do you plan to do while there?
Me : In Munich I want to visit Allianz arena, one of the castles etc, and then maybe take a trip to Stutgart to visit Mercedes Benz museum. In Barcelona I want to do bla bla bla
VO : cuts in...what is Allianz Arena, is it a castle? And how far is Stutgart from Munich?
Me : laughing....noooo Allianz Arena is Bayern Munich stadium. And Stutgart is less than 3 hrs from Munich
VO : laughing...how did you know the distance between Stutgart and Munich,, you haven't been there before
Me : laughing... Google told me
VO : so basically you're going for tours?
Me : Yes
VO : what's your level and how long have you been working?
Me : told him
VO : you're quite young and you have so much money in your 2 accounts
Me: I have a biz I was doing even b4 I started work...told him abt the biz
VO : so you're still running it
Me: laughing...it's still my biz, altho I have peeps running it for me
VO : you've been to France before, what did you go for and how long did you stay?
Me : told him everything.
VO : where else have you been to?
Me : told him
VO : I can see a PTA stamp on ur passport from Diamond bank in June, why didn't you use ur bank?
Me : I wanted to travel to Dubai but later changed my mind, and Diamond's PTA was cheaper than my bank's rate. He asked me about the different rates and the black market rate and I also told him.
VO : ok. Do you have account with Diamond bank?
Me : Yes. But I didn't come with the statement cos I knew the two I brought will be enough
VO : ok fair enough
VO : did you use any agent?
Me : no
VO : are you sure?
Me: Yes, you can ask me anything
VO : what's ur email?
Me : told him (all my docs had the same email) and he actually confirmed it
VO : do you have anybody in Germany?
Me : no
VO : are you sure?
Me : very sure
VO : ok. Madam, we don't accept online hotel reservations, you need to get written confirmation from the hotels. And also your itinerary shows like you're going directly to Barcelona, without stopping over. Is that what you want?
Me : I'm stopping over in Munich for 4 days. Tried booking multi destinations but couldn't, called Lufthansa and they asked me to come to their office. Was planning to go there from here, to modify it
VO : ok you need to rush there and sort that out. I'll give you a note, you'll drop the modified itinerary at the gate before 2 pm today. Then you call the hotels and ask for confirmation. In case you cant get the confirmations today, I'll give you an email that you can it to by the end of tomorrow.
Me: 2 pm is too close considering Lagos traffic
VO : I'm shutting down by 3pm. Ok 2:15 pm latest. Remember that you must give me the modified itinerary today, hotel confirmations can wait till tomorrow latest. Give me ur visa fees
Me : gave him and he did my biometrics
VO : thank you and have a nice day
Me : thank you too, bye

I basically went with everything in their tourism checklist. I had regular transactions on both my Naira and Dollar accounts, no cash lodgement. I was precise with my answers, was friendly and polite, and my answers corresponded with what I had in my docs.

I dropped the modified itinerary from Lufthansa as well as the confirmation from my Munich hotel cos they responded with speed. I sent my Barcelona hotel confirmation the next day via email.

It was the easiest Visa interview I've ever had, lasted for about 15 mins or less.

If you have genuine reasons for travelling and your informations are coherent, you shouldn't have any issues.

Whao!! Now that's what i call 'in full detail'..kk..did you register or pay for any tour guide?? Or any regstration with a tourism firm?? Or the hotel booking will suffice?? Well guess ya nose and sex did a lot of the work f'u..i'll have to try harder.m a guy!! Thanks a billion tho
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
ohimai83: I still have my Lagos State birth certificate. If I want to get a sworn affidavit of age, do I write that I lost my birth certificate? How should I go about writing it?

Your birth certificate is enough, thats what i used and it was accepted..

My ogas @d top can add/subtract..

Just my 2kobo!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Justcul:

Your birth certificate is enough, thats what i used and it was accepted..

My ogas @d top can add/subtract..

Just my 2kobo!
thanks. I thought as much. You are the second person confirming to have used it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Justcul: @eke47, u are really a character.. '' your two cowries '' Lolzz grin keep d good work bro, you will surely testify...

Justcul says so!
God ain't sleeping
Aaaaaammmmmmeeeeeennnn! (*waking the entire street from sleep and comporting later*)
So shall yours be too.
God bless you. I will surely quote this your prophesy soon.
@jahjehovah thy holy name hath set thee free. I rejoice with thee.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 23, 2014
Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 6:16am On Aug 23, 2014
Hello House, I was wondering if I need German Language Certificate before Interview ?....bellow is my admission Letter

Your application for admission to study
Letter of admission to a language course for WS 14/15
Study programme: Electr.Engineering / Qualification: Master of Science
Date of birth: 1984-04-18
Dear Ms/Mr
I am writing to inform you of your admission to the aforementioned study programme. As your knowledge of German does not
meet the required standard for your chosen programme, you are also initially admitted to the university to take part in a
German language course. Please refer to the accompanying information on the available German courses (registration
necessary), all of which are subject to a fee. You may enrol on the language course after you have fulfilled further enrolment
requirements at the university Please bring the
following documents with you to enrolment:
- confirmation of participation in the language course
- your passport
- your original certificates and translations in German or English
Once you have successfully completed the necessary language course(s), you may transfer to your chosen study programme.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2014
ohimai83:
thanks. I thought as much. You are the second person confirming to have used it.

Make that three.
That's what I used.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2014
ABUkAkA: Hello House, I was wondering if I need German Language Certificate before Interview ?....bellow is my admission Letter

Dear Ms/Mr
I am writing to inform you of your admission to the aforementioned study programme. As your knowledge of German does not
meet the required standard for your chosen programme, you are also initially admitted to the university to take part in a
German language course. Please refer to the accompanying information on the available German courses (registration
necessary), all of which are subject to a fee. You may enrol on the language course after you have fulfilled further enrolment
- your passport
Once you have successfully completed the necessary language course(s), you may transfer to your chosen study programme.
Somewhat tricky (considering your lack of German skills), but I think the last sentence killed it. You should be ok.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2014
@ jewelstone,
please I will like to know what you did concerning hotel reservation. my interview is next week and the reservation I made was online. I have the receipt of my bank stating the immediate withdrawal of the hotel fee from my domiciliary account.
plz share your view.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2014
emeka55:

Make una no vex biko, it's just my nature to keep things till I accomplish them. Even my family never know say I don get the visa.
My interview experience was good. The fair igbo man at the gate almost spoilt my day as he was nagging. Finally I entered and went straight to reception. The dark lady there was helpful as she showed me how to properly arrange my documents even though she almost lost patience.
I already met the old lady at the reception while I was talking to the receptionist. Immediately the old lady saw me again, she just started shouting for no reason and I noticed she wanted to smile but she was forming strict.
The interview questions were the usual:
Why I chose Germany
why I chose my course
If my course can be studied in Nigeria
What I know about Germany and my school
What I intend to do after studying
If I made any attempt to learn german, (I said no)
Why I don't have my birth certificate: (I told her I couldn't find it and I was born before NPC was established so I couldn't have provided NPC and that was why I came with an Age Declaration)
Then means of finance...etc....

Abeg I don tire to type. After everything, I told her "Have a nice day" she said "I don't need ur prayer omo naija".
Just have ur documents complete and make the right photocopies before u get there. Also arrange them properly in 3 sets. When u are asked a question, be sure of what u say and don't miss words. Don't give 2 different answers to a question. Even if u are not sure of the question asked, just say something reasonable cos even the V.O sef may not know the right answer. If u keep quiet or bite ur tongue she'll know u are saying rubbish.
Also pls and pls, if u don't have eye problem, don't wear glass. Don't make them question ur identity and make sure u convince them u will return after ur studies. I got my visa after a week and some days.
I am a banker and even with my busy schedule, I try to stay in touch. Even if I get to Germany, I'll always find time to contribute my quota to the thread as long as I have internet cos I learned a lot here. I am grateful to everyone here, u guys are wonderful

I wish u guys goodluck.
My 2 spoons....

Emeka my good friend where are you? Is it that you don't have internet yet?
I have missed you o cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2014
bissiejoe:

Was ur university changed after u collected ur visa or before?
Nope. I never collected. Changed after interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2014
Nimakor:
Somewhat tricky (considering your lack of German skills), but I think the last sentence killed it. You should be ok.
Thanks @Nimakor
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2014
Nimakor:
Thanks @Nimakor....Nevertheless, I can still learn some German skills before the interview date.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2014
ABUkAkA:
Thanks @Nimakor....Nevertheless, I can still learn some German skills before the interview date.
Hmmm. Well, you could. Maybe close to A0.01 proficiency.lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
ABUkAkA: Hello House, I was wondering if I need German Language Certificate before Interview ?....bellow is my admission Letter

Dear Ms/Mr
- your passport

"you are also initially admitted to the university to take part in a
German language course."

"You may enrol on the language course after you have fulfilled further enrolment
- your passport
Once you have successfully completed the necessary language course(s), you may transfer to your chosen study programme."[/quote]

All your letter is trying to say is that you have been giving admission by the school,
1. You have to enrol for your study programme first but you won't be starting until you have completed the language course.

Which means the steps you need to take are as follows:
1.Send your school a mail accepting the admission.
2. Ask them what the cost for the language school is.( which means you have to factor that in your budget)

3. You would then get to your university, enrol for your programme.

4. Start your language course (unroll you complete it you wouldn't be able to start your proposed programme)

5. When you are done with your language course you will then proceed to transfer to your proposed course you have enrolled for.

N.B : you don't need to learn to speak German for your interview because you would be going to language school of your university 1st before you start your chosen course of study.

Please house you can correct me if am wrong. ( took my time to read and digest the latter before writing, I may have over looked something)

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
lacuna:

Eke40seven......such an amazing fellow...

I see all the comments here and believe me, i want to always chip in one or two but time no just dey. I am caught up in the intricate web of work, preparations for my trip, church things, family and all. Right now, i don't even know how to quit my job, how do you tell a good boss you are quitting when you practically run the all the shows. I really need to sort that out first and then i will be a little more steady here.

Thanks people......Rejection as far as i am concerned simply means.. 'convince us a little more'...i will be back full force

I will conclude, or at least attempt to conclude my victory story, lol. I need to encourage someone out there, everyone needs to know it is not as hard as it seems.

Please what should be the content of the appeal letter and to what email should i send it please? Any format?

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.