Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (883940 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
@ILLUMINATI....i am confused o,so that means they have not sent my application to their foreign office at all......this is scary o....i dont even know what to do now.because i have not secured any accomodation yet because i have not been getting any positive responses from all the landlords i have sent mail to.what do you think i can do in this kind of situation?...please give me suggestions.....the hotels i want to book is requesting for my credit cards and also should i put the address of the school as where to stay?because i really dont understand that VO anymore o.i told her i will be arriving at my cousin's place then from there he will rent an apartment for me in kleve......pls guys just give me suggestions....this thing wan dey tire me sef
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
kunlelikeme: @ILLUMINATI....i am confused o,so that means they have not sent my application to their foreign office at all......this is scary o....i dont even know what to do now.because i have not secured any accomodation yet because i have not been getting any positive responses from all the landlords i have sent mail to.what do you think i can do in this kind of situation?...please give me suggestions.....the hotels i want to book is requesting for my credit cards and also should i put the address of the school as where to stay?because i really dont understand that VO anymore o.i told her i will be arriving at my cousin's place then from there he will rent an apartment for me in kleve......pls guys just give me suggestions....this thing wan dey tire me sef
Bruder, when. you filled the intended place of residence in Germany, which address did you fill? Maybe that's where the problem is, you should have filled your school's location.
I think that's the area where the problem arose from. I think if that aspect is resolved then you should be good.
I think you should just explain to them that you thought that your first place of temporal landing (your cousin's house) was going to count as your default place of residence because of the system you use here in Nigeria not knowing that it was going to have serious consequence in the processing of your visa due to the fact that the accommodation you are gonna to be staying while schooling was what counted.
Relax bruder, God is in control.
My 2 cowries.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Weldone guys..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
@all........should i send them the reply via email or take the hardcopy to the embassy?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
kunlelikeme: @ILLUMINATI....i am confused o,so that means they have not sent my application to their foreign office at all......this is scary o....i dont even know what to do now.because i have not secured any accomodation yet because i have not been getting any positive responses from all the landlords i have sent mail to.what do you think i can do in this kind of situation?...please give me suggestions.....the hotels i want to book is requesting for my credit cards and also should i put the address of the school as where to stay?because i really dont understand that VO anymore o.i told her i will be arriving at my cousin's place then from there he will rent an apartment for me in kleve......pls guys just give me suggestions....this thing wan dey tire me sef

SEE what you will do. The VO is thinking you will be living with your cousin and go to school from there. So reply their email and tell them you will be living close to school that you are still finding accommodation for now. That you only meant you will visit your cousin during holiday and that you didn't mean to live with him. (VO no dey lie, maybe na wetin u tell her under tension by mistake that u will live with ur coursin) normally, having accommodation or not is not a visa requirement so you shouldn't have mentioned anything concerning staying with your cousin or visiting him.

By default, when u have no accommodation in any city, the VO sends your application to the foreigners office in the city where you school is.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
iluminati:

SEE what you will do. The VO is thinking you will be living with your cousin and go to school from there. So reply their email and tell them you will be living close to school that you are still finding accommodation for now. That you only meant you will visit your cousin during holiday and that you didn't mean to live with him. (VO no dey lie, maybe na wetin u tell her under tension by mistake that u will live with ur coursin) normally, having accommodation or not is not a visa requirement so you shouldn't have mentioned anything concerning staying with your cousin or visiting him.

By default, when u have no accommodation in any city, the VO sends your application to the foreigners office in the city where you school is.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
kunlelikeme: @all........should i send them the reply via email or take the hardcopy to the embassy?

Take any hard copy of ur email communication to the embassy, even if it is not a positive response. It shows you have been trying to get accomodation and probably also tell her that some landlords you called want you to be in germany first to see the apartment.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
honourableseyi:

My observation. Your cousin is the one responsible for your spending officially. Though I know unofficially it is not so. But don't you think "I will" in your statement will look as if you are the one sponsoring yourself yet without block account? Reframe the letter, let everything you are going to write point to your cousin as your sponsor. Remove "I will do this, I will do th at". Officially, all your responsibilities in germany have been placed on your cousin. Shalom

Pls don't give advice without experience. Visa application is a serious issue that can deter someone's ambition.
It does not matter if the sponsor lives in Berlin and his school is in Gottingen. As long as the sponsor lives in Germany, he can live in Kleve where his school is.
Saying that it would look as if he is just using his cousin for sponsorship letter and he should reframe his letter because they won't be living in the same place is totally wrong.
The embassy just wants to see how informed he is. They know for sure he can get his cousin's help no matter where he lives. Living with his cousin while his school is in Kleve only shows that he does not intend to stay in school.
Everything he writes should not point to his sponsor. The sponsor is only liable for giving him money to sustain himself and should not make choices for him.

If everything is centered on his sponsor then his intentions are arguable. Remember the sponsor is his "Cousin" which is already a red light that he may not return after studies cos he knows someone there that can show him the way.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2014

Before your cousin applied for the sponsorship letter, he would be asked about your welfare and where u would be staying. This information is also included on the sponsorship letter.
U should have told the VO that u have applied for accommodation with your school's studetenwerk and u are waiting to hear from them. Period!
U must have said too many contradicting things that made it questionable.
It does not matter what city your school is and where your sponsor lives. U don't have to live with him during holidays. He can send u whatever help u need no matter where u are.

Just reply the VO and tell her u have applied for a student hostel and u have contacted some landlords too. Don't write anything about going to your cousin's house. Go straight to school.
Even if u will stay in a hotel when u first arrive, the hotel should be in your school area.

Don't show so much ties to your cousin especially when he has his permanent residence.
Prove that u want to study and return home and your cousin is only sponsoring your stay during your studies.
You can also include that your cousin is giving u a stipulated amount every month for your welfare and rent.

They know some people who have families in Germany that can provide them sponsorship letter, use school as a way of entering Germany and then their families will handle the rest for them till Jesus comes. Be wise

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
bissiejoe:

Take any hard copy of ur email communication to the embassy, even if it is not a positive response. It shows you have been trying to get accomodation and probably also tell her that some landlords you called want you to be in germany first to see the apartment.

Very correct.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
emeka55:

Before your cousin applied for the sponsorship letter, he would be asked about your welfare and where u would be staying. This information is also included on the sponsorship letter.
U should have told the VO that u have applied for accommodation with your school's studetenwerk and u are waiting to hear from them. Period!
U must have said too many contradicting things that made it questionable.
It does not matter what city your school is and where your sponsor lives. U don't have to live with him during holidays. He can send u whatever help u need no matter where u are.

Just reply the VO and tell her u have applied for a student hostel and u have contacted some landlords too. Don't write anything about going to your cousin's house. Go straight to school.
Even if u will stay in a hotel when u first arrive, the hotel should be in your school area.

Don't show so much ties to your cousin especially when he has his permanent residence.
Prove that u want to study and return home and your cousin is only sponsoring your stay during your studies.
You can also include that your cousin is giving u a stipulated amount every month for your welfare and rent.

They know some people who have families in Germany that can provide them sponsorship letter, use school as a way of entering Germany and then their families will handle the rest for them till Jesus comes. Be wise

#Word
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
magnus4life: pls any suggestion,
haven't receive any response from the embassy regarding my interview appointment since monday, and my school will be resuming coming monday.

Hey I remember u... I'm really happy u got through to this point. Send a mail to your school ASAP and tell them to send you a confirmation on extension of resumption. Tell them the situation.
The embassy will surely ask u during your interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
damsamty16: House please is it possible to get a visa 7days after interview if acct already funded before the interview?

It all depends on the city in Germany where your application was sent to. Some are fast and some are slow but 7 days exactly is exaggerated. I got mine after 9 days (minus weekend)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
kunlelikeme: @all...eyin temi wahala dey o..I am admitted to rhine waal univ of applied sciences and I did my interview on the 28th of aug and I just got a mail from the embassy now..saying
1.My sponsor stays in frankfurt while my school is in kleve
2.How I am going to be staying with him in franfurt and study in kleve which is like 300km apart.
3.Where I will be staying ?
4where I will be studying
5.I was asked to also include any document to support my claim or if I have any changes I want to make,I should bring it to the embassy.

I told the V0 that I will be staying with my cousin who is my sponsor during holidays and I will rent an apartment at kleve while in school.

Please guys,pls what suggestions do you have for me becos I have been trying to secure an apartment in kleve but I can't find any,and the school does not have hostel..
In your own professional opinions,how can I get out of this ,I am open to so many suggestions and also critisizms,cos mistakes are bound to happen...
Hope to read from you all soonest.
Regards
11. Passport or Other Travel Documents : Write PASSPORT in the first line. If you have any other travel document, write its name. The Passport number in the second line, date till which it is valid in the third line. Issued by (Maybe Passport officer or Assitant Passport officer) in the fourth line. The designation of the issuing authority is given in the stamp on the first page(the page immediately after the information page) in the Passport. Finally write the Date of issue in the last line

12. Authorization to return to : Write the place from where your passport is issued.

13. Entered Germany on : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank.

14. Have you ever stayed in Germany before : Strike out whichever is not applicable with one single line. If you have been to Germany before, write yes and mention from and to and the place below.

15. Proposed Place of Residence : Now this is one place where everyone gets stuck. I think most of us do not have a place of residence finalized when we start our visa application. So, you can write the complete address of the Institute of your course ( and not the University's address) that is conducting your course. Be careful since it does asks for address and not just the City of your residence. I repeat, write the address of the Institute that is conducting your course.

16. Arrived on : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank.

17. Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the Federal Republic of Germany? If so, Where? : write yes if you intend to keep your current nationality. I suggest you to write yes as right now we are just going for studies and wanting to gain another Nationality is a matter of different decision at a different point of time. In the space below, write the country of your current Nationality.

18. Will you be accompanied by the members of your family? : My suggestion is write no. In case your parents or any other family member is planning to accompany you, they can apply for separate Schenghen visa at the time of departure which takes roughly 10 days to be issued.

19. How are you accommodated? : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank and dont strike out anything

Except that i previously posted. I think you should write to them and tell them that you will be living close to school which is kleve. Your cousin will rent the accommodation for you and take care of your upkeep. But ur place of primary residence is kleve. Its cos u have conflicting info on ur application and ur answers during d interview. So, u tell them that ur accommodation issue is in progress but wen u get to germany, u re going straight to kleve, were u will rent a student hostel or a cheap hotel untill to finalize ur accommodation issue. You will also tell them that you plan to finish ur enrollment procedure as soon as you get there. You can talk about what your cousin does, how much he earns and the amount he is to contribute towards ur welfare. You may or maynot talk about alternate means of sustenance like the graduate assistant position in ur faculty that u have talked to ur program coordinator about, anything to drive home ur point that u will be in school thru out d duration of ur stay. Dont even say u plan to go anywhere during school breaks, say u plan to stay in school and work on extra credit courses or research. Sha, u know what i am saying.

My 1/2 shillings

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
emeka55:

Pls don't give advice without experience. Visa application is a serious issue that can deter someone's ambition.
It does not matter if the sponsor lives in Berlin and his school is in Gottingen. As long as the sponsor lives in Germany, he can live in Kleve where his school is.
Saying that it would look as if he is just using his cousin for sponsorship letter and he should reframe his letter because they won't be living in the same place is totally wrong.
The embassy just wants to see how informed he is. They know for sure he can get his cousin's help no matter where he lives. Living with his cousin while his school is in Kleve only shows that he does not intend to stay in school.
Everything he writes should not point to his sponsor. The sponsor is only liable for giving him money to sustain himself and should not make choices for him.

If everything is centered on his sponsor then his intentions are arguable. Remember the sponsor is his "Cousin" which is already a red light that he may not return after studies cos he knows someone there that can show him the way.

Do you know the meaning of advice and suggestion? Have you experienced what he is passing through now first hand? I don't want to split out what is in me so that I will not derail this thread. Go back to his first post on this particular issue, read and digest it may be you will understand my own point of view better. Beside, the last time I checked, I thou quoted you not. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
@all...this is how i composed my response...please dont hesitate to call my attention to mistakes and also if there is any suggested additions.i have printed all the emails that I and some landlords have been communicating.

NAME: A.... OL....
PASSPORT NUMBER: A0........
Dear Sir/ma,
In response to the email I received from the embassy, I have been trying to get accommodation in Kleve but because I was unable to get one as at the time of filling my visa application made me put my cousins address. I knew Oberursel is quite far from my school which is in Kleve, so my cousin has already told me I should start looking for apartment in Kleve and send the price and all the necessary information to him.
I meant that I will be visiting my cousin during holiday's and festive periods, I didn't mean to live with him because he stays far from my school.
Please find attached copies of my communications with landlords.
So, answering your questions :
Where are you going to live?
I will be living in Kleve, where my school is situated so as to meet up with classes early, which will also save me the stress of travelling long distance before getting to class. I have been making contacts with landlords since early August, from the accommodation section on the school website also from the university facebook page to check out on offers .
And some landlords that I have contacted over the phone asked me to get to Germany first to see the apartment first.
I have been in touch with http://www.wg-gesucht.de/en too, and sent messages to landlords here too. This link was given to me by a representative of the international office on the university facebook page

Where you want to study?
I will be studying in Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Kleve campus. I will be studying Mechatronics Systems Engineering.

With all these , I hope I have clarified my visa application.
I am sorry for any inconveniences I might have caused.
Regards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
naijaobi:
bro check very well the e-mail address you used in applying for appointment. Do not use the one written at that slip u were given at the embassy o..its wrong.
Thanks for the response,
I used the one I saw on the slip ( rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de), and I think it should be the right one.
pls if its really not the one to use for appointment request, help me out with the right one.
thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 11:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
emeka55:
Hey I remember u... I'm really happy u got through to this point. Send a mail to your school ASAP and tell them to send you a confirmation on extension of resumption. Tell them the situation.
The embassy will surely ask u during your interview
Never taught the embassy might ask for such email, Thanks a bunch.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 12:25am On Sep 14, 2014
emeka55:

It all depends on the city in Germany where your application was sent to. Some are fast and some are slow but 7 days exactly is exaggerated. I got mine after 9 days (minus weekend)
Thanks for your great response bro,my schl is rhine waal university of applied science
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:31am On Sep 14, 2014
magnus4life:
Thanks for the response,
I used the one I saw on the slip ( rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de), and I think it should be the right one.
pls if its really not the one to use for appointment request, help me out with the right one.
thanks
rk-visa201 is correct. In my slip they made a mistake in the address thats why o said the one on ur slip may nt be correct. But u sent to the right address. Relax and wait a lil more. They'll surely reply
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:32am On Sep 14, 2014
*double post*
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 14, 2014
@ Illuminati what makes you say appealing has stopped working? please are you very sure?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2014
magnus4life:
Never taught the embassy might ask for such email, Thanks a bunch.
Send a mail to Info@lago.diplo.de with your details(full name,university,program&passport no).Tell them you sent a mail to them requesting for a student visa and you yet to get their feedback(state the date)..tell them you want to know if they got your mail and to know the status of your request.I mailed them and got my appointment that same day.
Goodluck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2014
@magnus4life
Pls use the one u @naijaobi gave u oooo. I also used d one on the slip.....because I was in a hurry to meet up d 1.8m n d additional money for transport n studies....I didn't check d one people in this forum where using.
When I checked just yesterday on this forum and found out that both of us applied on d same day which is on the 8th n no response yet....I went back to check....n found out "visa" was missing from the email.....cheiiiii.........I vex no bi small ooooooo. What a costly error......I would have been waiting indefinitely....but GOD made me notice it oooo. Pls just recheck d slip n check it letter for letter u will see d error ooooo. N forward the email back to them.....making them see that what is on the paper was what u originally sent.....n u r re forwarding to the email that is on their website.
GOD will surely give us favour....because the old lady told me last Monday that i should make sure I submit immediately to avoid it being rejected oooo.....but I believe GOD will favour us n give us our VISA at least a week before our enrollment.
@all cheers n more grace.....u guys r wonderful...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Plz guys how many days after mailing the embassy a confirmation of ur act funding does d embassy reply u to come with a travel insurance?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 11:49am On Sep 14, 2014
honourableseyi:

Do you know the meaning of advice and suggestion? Have you experienced what he is passing through now first hand? I don't want to split out what is in me so that I will not derail this thread. Go back to his first post on this particular issue, read and digest it may be you will understand my own point of view better. Beside, the last time I checked, I thou quoted you not. Shalom

Pls have a stadium full of seats. What is in you that u want to split out? Mtcheeew! Mtcheewer! Mtcheewest!!
How can u tell him to tell his cousin to mail the embassy and tell them he will handle to cost of him shuttling from Frankfurt to Kleve for lectures everyday?
Don't be so fast to hop on questions like a grasshopper when u don't have basic answers.
Responses on this thread are based on FACTS and not suggestions. FYI, I used sponsorship letter.
Answering question is not by force neither is there an award attached to it. Duh!

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
@EMEKA55...PLS I SENT YOU AN EMAIL THIS MORNING. KINDLY CHECK YOUR MAIL AND REPLY SIR. THANKS AND GOD BLESS
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
@EMEKA AND @HONOURABLESEYI..PLS DONT ARGUE ON THIS ,I MUST APPRECIATE YOU GUYS EFFORT IN GIVING ME ADVICE AND ALSO SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT......YOU GUYS SHOULD PLS REVIEW THIS MY RESPONSE TO THEM..I WILL BE SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM EVERY ONE HERE...REGARDS..

NAME: A.... OL....
PASSPORT NUMBER: A0........
[b][b]Dear Sir/ma,
In response to the email I received from the embassy, I have been trying to get accommodation in Kleve but because I was unable to get one as at the time of filling my visa application made me put my cousins address. I knew Oberursel is quite far from my school which is in Kleve, so my cousin has already told me I should start looking for apartment in Kleve and send the price and all the necessary information to him.
I meant that I will be visiting my cousin during holiday's and festive periods, I didn't mean to live with him because he stays far from my school.
Please find attached copies of my communications with landlords.
So, answering your questions :
Where are you going to live?
I will be living in Kleve, where my school is situated so as to meet up with classes early, which will also save me the stress of travelling long distance before getting to class. I have been making contacts with landlords since early August, from the accommodation section on the school website also from the university facebook page to check out on offers .
And some landlords that I have contacted over the phone asked me to get to Germany first to see the apartment first.
I have been in touch with http://www.wg-gesucht.de/en too, and sent messages to landlords here too. This link was given to me by a representative of the international office on the university facebook page

Where you want to study?
I will be studying in Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Kleve campus. I will be studying Mechatronics Systems Engineering.

With all these , I hope I have clarified my visa application.
I am sorry for any inconveniences I might have caused.
Regards[/b][/b]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akoachere: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello guys,I'm New in this forum.please I wish to verify if I can be granted a visa using sponsorship instead of the block account.Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
damsamty16:
Send a mail to Info@lago.diplo.de with your details(full name,university,program&passport no).Tell them you sent a mail to them requesting for a student visa and you yet to get their feedback(state the date)..tell them you want to know if they got your mail and to know the status of your request.I mailed them and got my appointment that same day.
Goodluck.
Thank you brother
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Belly213: @magnus4life
Pls use the one u @naijaobi gave u oooo. I also used d one on the slip.....because I was in a hurry to meet up d 1.8m n d additional money for transport n studies....I didn't check d one people in this forum where using.
When I checked just yesterday on this forum and found out that both of us applied on d same day which is on the 8th n no response yet....I went back to check....n found out "visa" was missing from the email.....cheiiiii.........I vex no bi small ooooooo. What a costly error......I would have been waiting indefinitely....but GOD made me notice it oooo. Pls just recheck d slip n check it letter for letter u will
see d error ooooo. N forward the email back to them.....making them see that what is on the paper was what u originally sent.....n u r re forwarding to the email that is on their website.
GOD will surely give us favour....because the old lady told me last Monday that i should make sure I submit immediately to avoid it being rejected oooo.....but I believe GOD will favour us n give us our VISA at least a week before our enrollment.
@all cheers n more grace.....u guys r wonderful...
mehhh! na so o, visa no dey that first one.
thanks for calling my attension to it. are'nt you the guy with fully grown hair the old woman was asking about your course of study?

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.