Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884011 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2014
Numerouuuno:
thanks bro,but when I calculated it, I got it wrong.
if my cgpa is 4.1 out of 5.0, and i did a four years course how is the calculation gonna be like?

Use this simple tool to convert Highest CGPA for me is 5 while minimum is 1

http://www.reknownedu.com/indian-percentage-to-german-gpa-converter/
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pokenzy: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
May i ask how long it takes to get the sponsorship letter?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Numerouuuno:
thanks bro,but when I calculated it, I got it wrong.
if my cgpa is 4.1 out of 5.0, and i did a four years course how is the calculation gonna be like?
Your GP is 1.675 rounded at 1.6

lekibraky:
please use your method to calculate for someone that has 3.5 in a scale of 5 so it ell be clear
Yours is 2.125 rounded at 2.1
You can check it yourself through the tool provided in this link
https://io.uni-paderborn.de/en/incoming/full-time-students/calculator-for-grade-transfer/

Note that in Germany, the smaller the grade the better.
1,0-1,5 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding
achievement)
1,6-2,5 gut (good: an achievement which lies
substantially above average requirements)
2,6-3,5 befriedigend (satisfactory: an
achievement which corresponds to average
requirements)
3,6-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an
achievement which barely meets the
requirements)
4,1-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden
(not sufficient / failed: an achievement which
does not meet the requirements)

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Numerouuuno: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2014
shuni05:

Use this simple tool to convert Highest CGPA for me is 5 while minimum is 1

http://www.reknownedu.com/indian-percentage-to-german-gpa-converter/
thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by atrapon(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Gudmorning all,pls i really want to be cleared..does a prospective master degree student require a Toefl or any language proficiency test as a pre requisite for admission into any german university..tanks in anticicipation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Numerouuuno: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Eke40seven:
Your GP is 1.675 rounded at 1.6

Yours is 2.125 rounded at 2.1
You can check it yourself through the tool provided in this link
https://io.uni-paderborn.de/en/incoming/full-time-students/calculator-for-grade-transfer/

Note that in Germany, the smaller the grade the better.
1,0-1,5 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding
achievement)
1,6-2,5 gut (good: an achievement which lies
substantially above average requirements)
2,6-3,5 befriedigend (satisfactory: an
achievement which corresponds to average
requirements)
3,6-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an
achievement which barely meets the
requirements)
4,1-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden
(not sufficient / failed: an achievement which
does not meet the requirements)
thank you so much sir
are u also a student in the country?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2014
atrapon: Gudmorning all,pls i really want to be cleared..does a prospective master degree student require a Toefl or any language proficiency test as a pre requisite for admission into any german university..tanks in anticicipation
it depends on the school. Check the course requirements and see if it's needed.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2014
atrapon: Gudmorning all,pls i really want to be cleared..does a prospective master degree student require a Toefl or any language proficiency test as a pre requisite for admission into any german university..tanks in anticicipation
Different schools have different requirements. For some its TOEFL and IELTS or nothing while for many, your English taught bachelors degree is enough and special waivers can be made for you. However, as a further evidence, you can go to your school (dpt. or senate) and collect a letter called "English as a medium/language of learning", this name may vary in structure depending on the school. its just a letter stating that your entire Bsc was taught in English.
It is however good you check the school website to see what the school wants and if you are not so sure or it was not explicitly stated, then you can send them a mail explaining everything that ties you to the English language like your BSc, O'level and even your Country being an English speaking nation. They will surely reply telling you where yo stand.
Hope you find this helpful.
Good luck.
P.S. naijaobi has given you the direct answer. that's it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by m365571: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi i dont know if you have royal air maroc in Nigeria but i just go my flight for 567usd oneway to Frankfurt. Flying from Accra. Please find out and save ooh
geemana: @jaydaniels emirates is much cheaper.you can get a flight during the week (next week) for 569 dollars. However your journey na 2 days o. first to dubai, then
from Dubai to Frankfurt. I m thinking of flying Emirates.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=Adexhat]

Yes, they're allowed to search for job for 18 months. The GPA 2.5 equivalent on Nigerian 5.0 scale is 3.0.

@Geemana and Jaydaniels, congrats!
@Eke47, well done bro i'm enjoying ur input! Your testimony is nearer than you think.
@Topeajis, good response! keep your head high over there, success in your thesis!
@Everyone, wish us all great success in our career efforts. happy weekend.
[

thanks boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
researchQ:
Kelly please help me with this questions
I have an HND (higher national diploma) please do I need to attach the HND statement of result issued to me by my former school? Or do I need to attach transcript? If transcript, should it cover both OND and HND or only HND? Is statement of result okay ? Or do I need to attach my HND certificate as well? Finally is it acceptable to combine two secondary school certificates?
Thank you as I await your response.

one thing i will like you to knw is that uniassit does not accept HND and OND don't knw if they will now do that but the last time i checked they rejected the result and the transcript but if u send the result to the school directly they might accept you get.. all the best bro... so it better to look for the schools outside uniassist
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=ola2tu]@topeajis, eke40seven and others , Please, is there an age limit to using a sponsor in Germany, I mean in lieu of the blocked account ; to make it more clearer, can a 30yrs and above student claim he/she is using a sponsor in Germany , secondly are there precedence of this kind of situation on this thread, have search but couldn't see any . And lastly even if its possible , do you think it won't raise a red flag during the interview at the embassy? [/quote

nop no age limit so far ur sponsor is capable and has a good status ..........
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2014

it depends on the school boss check the requirement of the school but most schools don't require the test since u had ur bsc in English and niger first language is English u can always mail the school most of them respond fast... all the best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
damsamty16:
Baba of Life I dey bam ooo.mehn you just forget your boy na wa ooo..I dey on the road to germany o.my interview is nextmonth.Abeg inbox me your digit on fb

done already
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good day all,
Please which courier is d best for sending package to germany. I am also looking at cost as well, which courier will deliver at cheaper rate efficiently.
Rehards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mrmiyagghi: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
igwejay: Good day all,
Please which courier is d best for sending package to germany. I am also looking at cost as well, which courier will deliver at cheaper rate efficiently.
Rehards

I used DHL #14.500 it's was delivered in 3 days
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
mrmiyagghi:

I used DHL #14.500 it's was delivered in 3 days
Thank u very much. Pls can I get a courier dat can do it with around 9,000 naira
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
Rehards

If you stay in Lagos (the one am sure of) use nipost at the airport. I repeat NIPOST at the AIRPORT. it cost only N300-400 to post and it will get to your destination in Germany in less than 7 WORKING DAYS! No be branch o. You can also try other airports to see if there is a NIPOST office there.
Good luck.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijaobi:
it depends on the school. Check the course requirements and see if it's needed.

Not only on the schools sef. Here is Stuttgart, all my guys no do IELTS/TOEFL. I did cos my Program demanded it. As we all dey hustle for Deutschkurs, some guys no do cos there program no require am. So there is no general rule
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=topeajis][/quote]

Dem fit ask Y d 30yr old never marry for the interview (If s/he never marry). Also ready do private health insurance as you no go fit do school own.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibnakogun: 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
igwejay:
Thank u very much. Pls can I get a courier dat can do it with around 9,000 naira

courier plus former TNT at ajao estate airport road. 8350 two working days for delivery.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibnakogun: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
combined result for o'levels misplace one, but gat the statement of result. is it acceptable..

just got my primary school testimonial, the principal put the date I finished on it as date given, but he signed the date I collected it, at the rear. he said that the procedure cos it helps to show the day I finish primary school. won't the discrepancy cos problem??

my course is for 1 year and six month. but on the residency form, there is only space for years or months while one cancels out the other options. is it safe I just fill in two years..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chyk2k3(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good Evening House.
Please I need clarification on some issues I encountered while looking for school for Masters.
*Most of the schools I saw Wrote ADMISSION BY HEI. I dont know the meaning of that phrase HEI.
*Again some school always write Admission (local) RESTRICTED.
*Finally I dont understand the Grading system which I read recently on the Forum. Please anyone with the right format should help.
One Love House. Success abound for ALL.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
topeajis:

one thing i will like you to knw is that uniassit does not accept HND and OND don't knw if they will now do that but the last time i checked they rejected the result and the transcript but if u send the result to the school directly they might accept you get.. all the best bro... so it better to look for the schools outside uniassist
Am a sis o. it stated on Uniassist website that for Bsc. for Nigerians its HND. You can check Anabin.com, select Nigeria its clearly stated. Thank you Oga Tope smiley smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Rehards

I used nipost registered mail with a tracking n0 for BTW 500 and 1k depending on d weight of d letter and it takes 10 working days. Its tested and trusted. I used it over 10 times from different towns in Nigeria ( ondo, akure, owerri) and it din't fail me once. Nipost is now very ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
nevilbot:

I used nipost registered mail with a tracking n0 for BTW 500 and 1k depending on d weight of d letter and it takes 10 working days. Its tested and trusted. I used it over 10 times from different towns in Nigeria ( ondo, akure, owerri) and it din't fail me once. Nipost is now very ok

Bro,please be ready to share your goodnews coming week.It wouldn't exceed it so,... Many congrats in advance and I ap into that too. Stay blessed!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Please pardon my lengthy post

I graduated 2011 basically studying something I had a zero interest in. Since graduating, I've worked in the IT field. I currently work as a developer. I want to go back to school and learn some basics, some advanced concepts and as well get a degree not just for now but for the future too. Some people say in IT it doesn't matter what you study but I've seen a case firsthand of what stopped someone from assuming a director position was his lack of formal education in an IT related field.

I've tried applying for Master's programs but the requirement is usually an issue, in terms of undergraduate degree requirement. I was in the social sciences. So I've settled that I'd spend 3 years to bag an Undergraduate degree. I plan to resume next year September or January. This sounds crazy and unfortunately, its a crazy that has estranged me to some people.

I've seen some schools in Germany that I would like to apply to. However, I do have some questions that I would appreciate your inputs on. Thanks.

1)For a 3 year program do I have to show proof that I have the funds for my upkeep for the entire 3 years i.e. 650*36 = €23400 ?

2)I earn a modest salary and currently save most of my salary in my Mutual fund account. I do some freelancing and this also helps a lot. As it stands my current savings by March 2015 should be sufficient to show proof of funds for 1 year plus. I currently don't plan on using a sponsor, but if need be can I use a maternal cousin as my sponsor ? He shares and understands my aspirations and he's willing to help fund some part. We however bear different surnames , and he also lives in Europe. Is this a potential red flag ?

3) I would also like to gain a permanent residency status without cutting corners. The requirement is 5 years continuous stay in Germany legally. Is it possible for me to remain in Germany after my program to work ? I believe that opportunity abounds and with God and preparations I should be able to land a job or create a start up. Is this possible ?

Thanks for your patience.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2014
kelly4top:

Your OND Certificate or statement of result and HND transcript must be sent together. Though one seating is better according to Lucia Mengis but 2 seating are also ok depending on the stiff competition. Please note that my school waive Toefl for Nigerian applicants if you have at least C4 in your English Waec or Neco.
which school is that bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2014
xij38580: Please pardon my lengthy post

I graduated 2011 basically studying something I had a zero interest in. Since graduating, I've worked in the IT field. I currently work as a developer. I want to go back to school and learn some basics, some advanced concepts and as well get a degree not just for now but for the future too. Some people say in IT it doesn't matter what you study but I've seen a case firsthand of what stopped someone from assuming a director position was his lack of formal education in an IT related field.

I've tried applying for Master's programs but the requirement is usually an issue, in terms of undergraduate degree requirement. I was in the social sciences. So I've settled that I'd spend 3 years to bag an Undergraduate degree. I plan to resume next year September or January. This sounds crazy and unfortunately, its a crazy that has estranged me to some people.

I've seen some schools in Germany that I would like to apply to. However, I do have some questions that I would appreciate your inputs on. Thanks.

1)For a 3 year program do I have to show proof that I have the funds for my upkeep for the entire 3 years i.e. 650*36 = €23400 ?

2)I earn a modest salary and currently save most of my salary in my Mutual fund account. I do some freelancing and this also helps a lot. As it stands my current savings by March 2015 should be sufficient to show proof of funds for 1 year plus. I currently don't plan on using a sponsor, but if need be can I use a maternal cousin as my sponsor ? He shares and understands my aspirations and he's willing to help fund some part. We however bear different surnames , and he also lives in Europe. Is this a potential red flag ?

3) I would also like to gain a permanent residency status without cutting corners. The requirement is 5 years continuous stay in Germany legally. Is it possible for me to remain in Germany after my program to work ? I believe that opportunity abounds and with God and preparations I should be able to land a job or create a start up. Is this possible ?

Thanks for your patience.

Hello, I will take my time to respond to your question IMO..

If you plan going for Masters degree in IT and your undergrad degree is not IT related, ** RED FLAG
my advise in this aspect is if you can go for business computing..most german school has that degree.. apply with your 100 level result/transcript for B.sc in Wirtschaftsinformatik known as Business computer science. send an email to your preferred school/department, then take it from there.

1) For you to stay and survive in germany, you'll require a total of 8040 euros yearly (approx 1.8million naira) in your blocked/student account. since you'll be going for a three years course, it means you'll be needing 8040 x 3years 24120 euros. you'll be spending at least 750 euros monthly..it includes feeding, accommodation, e.t.c.

2) Your sponsor surname does not matters, as long as he lives in germany, earn a good salary from 1500 euros monthly, pay his tax, good record, crime free..then he can sponsor you..I repeat, he MUST live in germany and not EUROPE.

3) Oga, get to germany first, permanent residency will take care of itself.

My 2 spoons (meine zwei loffel)

Other ogas can also help contribute..

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
chyk2k3: Good Evening House.
Please I need clarification on some issues I encountered while looking for school for Masters.
*Most of the schools I saw Wrote ADMISSION BY HEI. I dont know the meaning of that phrase HEI.
*Again some school always write Admission (local) RESTRICTED.
*Finally I dont understand the Grading system which I read recently on the Forum. Please anyone with the right format should help.
One Love House. Success abound for ALL.
Hello sir,
Google can answer your questions easily
However, I myself didn't know the meaning of HEI before now grin so I guess we learn everyday!
HEI stands for Higher Education Institutions. I.e tertiary institutions.

* Restricted admission means there are limited spots for admission in that particular course, therefore, there are competition for the spots. Meeting the minimum requirement will therefore not guarantee your admission as only the best will be selected just like in Nigerian Universities.

* German universities uses the Bologna process like Nigeria. In terms of their grading 1.0-1.5 is like their first class (sehr gut-very good), while in Nigeria, first class obviously is 4.5-5.0. therefore the numerical value of their GPA is in reverse. While you are at the peak of the class with a GP of 5.0 in Nigeria, a GP of 5.0 will root you at the bottom of the class in Germany. However, converting their grade to Nigeria's system (the manual and computerized ways of converting it has been posted earlier) a GP of 1.5 (the minimum for a "sehr gut"wink is equivalent to approximately a 4.25 in Nigeria.
I hope I have not left you more confused than you initially were.
For more information, Google, "German university grading system, Wikipedia".
Hope you find it helpful.
Good Luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
i cant help but post in this epic thread. Ive been following proceedings here for about two months and i must confess that the amount of useful infos and tips cant be found anywhere else .kudos to the active and passionate contributors of this thread .my meek interest in studying abroad has now been transformed into a burning desire.
Cant thank you guys enough . . .msc winter 2015

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
dolpaz:
Hello, I will take my time to respond to your question IMO..
If you plan going for Masters degree in IT and your undergrad degree is not IT related, ** RED FLAG
my advise in this aspect is if you can go for business computing..most german school has that degree.. apply with your 100 level result/transcript for B.sc in Wirtschaftsinformatik known as Business computer science. send an email to your preferred school/department, then take it from there.
1) For you to stay and survive in germany, you'll require a total of 8040 euros yearly (approx 1.8million naira) in your blocked/student account. since you'll be going for a three years course, it means you'll be needing 8040 x 3years 24120 euros. you'll be spending at least 750 euros monthly..it includes feeding, accommodation, e.t.c.
2) Your sponsor surname does not matters, as long as he lives in germany, earn a good salary from 1500 euros monthly, pay his tax, good record, crime free..then he can sponsor you..I repeat, he MUST live in germany and not EUROPE.
3) Oga, get to germany first, permanent residency will take care of itself.
My 2 spoons (meine zwei loffel)
Other ogas can also help contribute..

I'd like to say thank you for taking the time out to read and provide answers to some of my questions. Sorry about my naivety but I'd still like some clarifications

1) Do i have to put in the 24120 Euro all at once ? Can i instead put the money for 1.5 years instead and leave the rest in my mutual fund / Government bond in Nigeria to earn some additional interest, and withdraw from it as I need the money? Or does the block account pay interests? I have a concern with money just sitting idle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.