Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884013 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:09am On Oct 28, 2014
hello house please i want to have an idea of posting.... wannna send my documents to german schools, will like u to give me the procedures and cost of the postage, time with which it will get to the destination..cheap ones o grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house please i want to have an idea of posting.... wannna send my documents to german schools, will like u to give me the procedures and cost of the postage, time with which it will get to the destination..cheap ones o grin

Oga or madam? walk into any post office or courier service nearest to you and tell them you want to do that. They would weight your parcel ask specific destination and content of parcel and then tell you the cost. The cost usually would depend on the weight and type(content) of the parcel, the type of service you want to use and also the destination the parcel would be heading to. Prices ranges from 250Naira to 15000Naira depending on the factors stated above.
However, using Nipost registered service could be between 450Naira to 1000Naira(70% possibility to track shipment transit online and takes approx 10working days to arrive destination), Nipost unregistered service usually around 250Naira to 350Naira(cannot track shipment transit online and could take 3weeks or more or may not even arrive destination forever sef), Nipost express courier usually between 3k-7k,still depends on the factors earlier stated (100% guaranteed self online tracking and arrives within 4-7days). DHL, Fedex, et'al (all those big men express courier them), could cost between 7k-15k, and still depends on those aforementioned factors and usually arrives destination between 3-5days max.(100% guaranteed self online tracking possible).
I really hope this guides. Thank You!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 1:38am On Oct 28, 2014
nevilbot:
This question is for those already in Germany to answer plz and it's about extending the 3 months visa to a 2 year resident permit before d 3 months visa expires.

My question are what's the procedure?
Do we need to pay for it cus my classmate from turkey said she was asked to pay 100 euro for a year extension cus her dad scholarship was only for a year so she got extension only for a year.
My last statement now brings me to d last and most important question.

A Nigeria guy I met here WO is a bsc student but married to a German told me I will still av to provided prove of fund for my second year to extend my permit for two years and considering wat my Turkish mate told me that she got a year extension cus her daad scholarship was for one year and she will av to go back after year one to show prov DAT she got it extended based on her performance before she gets permit for year two.

All these things dey rack my brains so plz all dos already in Germany who av experience in all des stuffs I tink we need to discuss this.

You need to show 8k euro every year to renew and pay 80-100 euro yearly. they give one year and rarely give 2 years. Some strick foreigners office will insist you block the 8k while some are lenient. some accept job contract but difficult to see cos ur job contract is either 4 onths full time or 6 months part time as ur work permit allows so u must still prove how you will cater for your self after first 6 months if u are using contract.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 6:33am On Oct 28, 2014
ni2014:
Dear Consular Officer,

Immigrant visa was approved in June but was unlucky in picking up Visa packet due to visa regression not until October when priority dates became current.

I received mail from embassy stating to resubmit medicals to authorize issuance visa.After that was done I received another call to come for finger printing.

I wish to find out why AM i requested to refinger print since my last is just six months old.Do finger prints expire? THANKS MAM
what are u saying?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 7:46am On Oct 28, 2014
@Hilarybanks
So sorry to hear that your school has refused an extension...my advice is if u tried everything within your power and they refuse....then you should ask for an admission letter quickly for summer semester......or a language course program prior to the summer semester....
Victory will be yours...u will laugh last.....don't be in a hurry to go to the embassy without arming yourself.....all d best...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2014
hilarybanks:
I got a mail from my sch today stating that I cannot be given further extension because enrollment for the winter semester is no longer possible. Is there any way I can convince my my school to still make room for me by giving me an extension? and is it a wise decision for me to delay a bit while I keep trying to convince my sch dat I have being granted the visa and all I need is the extension? kos I intend visiting the embassy on wednesday.

There is absolutely no need to lie to your school about the embassy approving your visa. What if your school contacts the embassy, which of course is very likely and the embassy tells them the truth. Then you will not only lose the opportunity of admission into the school be it now or in the future, but will also likely tarnish your image in the eyes of the embassy as they will see you as a non-trustworthy person thereby jeopardising your visa application. I recommend you ask for a deferal just as Belly suggested.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2014
For those who wrote IELTS which type did you write? Was it the General or Academic ? Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for ur apt response ........surely it shows me the view of what I want.......
Oga or madam? walk into any post office or courier service nearest to you and tell them you want to do that. They would weight your parcel ask specific destination and content of parcel and then tell you the cost. The cost usually would depend on the weight and type(content) of the parcel, the type of service you want to use and also the destination the parcel would be heading to. Prices ranges from 250Naira to 15000Naira depending on the factors stated above.
However, using Nipost registered service could be between 450Naira to 1000Naira(70% possibility to track shipment transit online and takes approx 10working days to arrive destination), Nipost unregistered service usually around 250Naira to 350Naira(cannot track shipment transit online and could take 3weeks or more or may not even arrive destination forever sef), Nipost express courier usually between 3k-7k,still depends on the factors earlier stated (100% guaranteed self online tracking and arrives within 4-7days). DHL, Fedex, et'al (all those big men express courier them), could cost between 7k-15k, and still depends on those aforementioned factors and usually arrives destination between 3-5days max.(100% guaranteed self online tracking possible).
I really hope this guides. Thank You![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2014
@xij38580
academic if u r using it for studies
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Belly213:
@xij38580
academic if u r using it for studies

Danke
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2014
@hilarybanks
Why not mail your school and ask whether you can enrol as a programme student....meaning that you will enrol and go to class and write exams but won't be graded this academic year.. But that will keep your status as a student intact and your visa valid.
However, you will have to reapply to 're-secure' admission as a full time student when another admission opening starts.
That is the option am exploring because as it stand, its only a miracle that will make me meet the extended deadline for enrollment in my school too which is 1st of November but I have gotten or even secured that option and it is open till ending of November and well into December.
Just mail your school about that option.
My two cowries.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2014
My brothers and sisters who have been praying for me. I called my cousin and he is in the foreigners office right now. He said he is ironing out serious issues with them and I just pray it turns out positive though..as he has received the old letter I gave him..May God grant me favour, that's my prayer..

I also pray for those encountering one difficult situation or the other. God will never leave you to fight your battles alone.
IJN!

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
My brothers and sisters who have been praying for me. I called my cousin and he is in the foreigners office right now. He said he is ironing out serious issues with them and I just pray it turns out positive though..as he has received the old letter I gave him..May God grant me favour, that's my prayer..

I also pray for those encountering one difficult situation or the other. God will never leave you to fight your battles alone.
IJN!

Bro, you're already favored IJN. Amen...today is a day of joy and fulfilment for you and nothings gonna stop that, AMEN..

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
@hilarybanks
Why not mail your school and ask whether you can enrol as a programme student....meaning that you will enrol and go to class and write exams but won't be graded this academic year.. But that will keep your status as a student intact and your visa valid.
However, you will have to reapply to 're-secure' admission as a full time student when another admission opening starts.
That is the option am exploring because as it stand, its only a miracle that will make me meet the extended deadline for enrollment in my school too which is 1st of November but I have gotten or even secured that option and it is open till ending of November and well into December.
Just mail your school about that option.
My two cowries.
Wow! I never heard of programme student before. Oga Eke are you very sure about it?
Thank God we are all waiting for a positive response from you cousin. As for my proposed sponsor my own na story story..how ajaba go market buy kuli kuli come begin mess..Anyway God dey.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
researchQ:

Wow! I never heard of programme student before. Oga Eke are you very sure about it?
Thank God we are all waiting for a positive response from you cousin. As for my proposed sponsor my own na story story..how ajaba go market buy kuli kuli come begin mess..Anyway God dey.
My sister am very sure about it o, at least in my school. When you go through challenges like mine, a lot of options will come up.
Am praying for positive response too o.
I pray something will come out of it.
Hold your proposed sponsor tight for trouser o. Him must do something.
God will fulfil the good desires of our hearts. Criminals go pray before them go do very deadly operation come out successful how much more we wey dey try better our life, the life of our people and improve the image of our nation?
God must arise o and listen to him children.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Eke40seven
The LORD will be gracious unto thee and perfect all that concerns you.....all.....d best.....it is well.....

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
xij38580:
For those who wrote IELTS which type did you write? Was it the General or Academic ? Thank you.
general is for those that want to work while academic is for those that want to study or going for a programme
Re: German Embassy And Visa by harrrry: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Please house the only money needed for Germany student visa is it 8000euro?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
harrrry:
Please house the only money needed for Germany student visa is it 8000euro?

Something like that undecided undecided

Read read read and read few pages backward..

Haba !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by harrrry: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ok thanks good to go
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Have you done the certifications?

No sir...
Still getting my shit (documents) together
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femo86(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
Please can someone remind me of the guy's name (moniker) that is currently studying in ESB Reutlingen.... Please assist a brother biko. One love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
kelly4top:

You need to show 8k euro every year to renew and pay 80-100 euro yearly. they give one year and rarely give 2 years. Some strick foreigners office will insist you block the 8k while some are lenient. some accept job contract but difficult to see cos ur job contract is either 4 onths full time or 6 months part time as ur work permit allows so u must still prove how you will cater for your self after first 6 months if u are using contract.

Explain ur last statement please
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
beebee5000:

Here are your answers.
1) if you came here with a blocked account, you will have to show proof of financial sustenance for another year again before your visa can be renewed. And its complicated changing it to a verpflich....... it can be done but i don't know how.

2) Yes you have to pay for conversion of your 3 months visa to a resident permit. i dont know how much because i didnt pay in my city and i was even lucky to collect a 50€ Gutschein....lol.

3) This 3rd way is relativ, some city accept it and some dont, if you have a contract that pays you about 650€ you can use that for visa renewal, but like i said not all city accepts this.

So be fast in doing this, because you have to book for an appointment which doesn't come easy.....no let your 3month expire for your hand before you go..........otherwise dem go send you back and dat na another GOBE You will have to return to Nigeria and apply for another Visa

So brother be wise ohh......lol

Welcome to Deutschland..........

Abeg peeps in Nigeria how true is this? http://www.tagesschau.de/nigeria-163.html

Was any German killed in Lagos or Ibadan?
Because the way the writer just composed this news he was not nice at all, really painted Nigeria to be very Dangerously place.

What's verpflich?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Na wah ooo...
This whole second year showing money for visa renewal in Germany ish is driving me nuts o.

Can't one source for the funds through internships or through scholarships or through savings from student jobs one would get during your second six months of the first year of studies??
Please answer me oo...
Make I know how to plan, as na only the first year money wey I go use take come from Nigeria na my parents wan manage hustle for me o.. Once I reach that side, am strictly ON MY OWN o..
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
Eke40seven:

IJN!
Please, what documents constitute the 6 docs, that will cost #1200 to certify. I can only think of 3.

Statement if result
Transcript
Waec

What other documents please? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:36am On Oct 29, 2014
Hello house , have gone through the previous threads but for the purpose of better understanding and enlightment have got some questions.. Am thinking of appying for summer admission through uni-assist,
1. I want to knw if single payment I make covers multiple application to diffferent univ or I will have to pay per application?
2. What are the benefits of applying through uni-assits,
3. Do I have to send a single certified copy of my documents
4. Can I still meet up for March/april admission.
Please I will be highly appreciative if my questions ate kindly answered............thanks to u all
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyAlfy: 1:03am On Oct 29, 2014
SimplyAlfy:
Please I have always wanted to know and be sure on this ..... For a Study visa is the block acct(8k), will it be a yearly renewal or(as I heard from someone) after 2 years. Please if wouldn't mind I would need a guide( someone with the direct experience)to converse. With.Hugest thanks to all the contributors, participants,obeservers, clowns and the one/everyone who made-up and still keeping this thread alive and running.GOD bless us all and help fulfill our dreams, help rekindle dying flames help us continue to be there for the next person on and on it goes. #Thumbs up.
Pls waiting on answers to this(from different contributors will be so appreciated).Thanks a bunch to all the awesomes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2014
Obiwannn:
Na wah ooo...
This whole second year showing money for visa renewal in Germany ish is driving me nuts o.

Can't one source for the funds through internships or through scholarships or through savings from student jobs one would get during your second six months of the first year of studies??
Please answer me oo...
Make I know how to plan, as na only the first year money wey I go use take come from Nigeria na my parents wan manage hustle for me o.. Once I reach that side, am strictly ON MY OWN o..
Thanks
The fact that people who had previously gone have not run back here reporting that they were chased back because they couldn't fulfil their financial requirements shows you the kind of country Germany is. Just like you, most people are on their own. You should be one sending back home self. Na you suppose double the money self. You dey worry about how the thing go diminish. You no be proper naija guy?
One thing I know is..If all these people have gone are still there legally and surviving and prospering, yours will not be different whether they require you to deposit the money every year or not.

Just go there and make sure you relate with people there already and you will be fine, however, a caveat is there for those who are super lazy and not ready to sweat.

My two cowries

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:11am On Oct 29, 2014
CaptJHMiller:

Please, what documents constitute the 6 docs, that will cost #1200 to certify. I can only think of 3.

Statement if result
Transcript
Waec

What other documents please? Thanks
Brother, read my post well, you are mixing up the charges for the different authorities i mentioned. The embassy charges #1200 for every set of document you are using to apply for a particular school no matter how many page. e.g If you are applying for Msc. Anti
-terrorism Strategies in Hochschule Sambisa, all the set of documents that is required for certification will be #1200. However, at the high court I used (Ikeja) they will collect #200 per page. so if your transcript has 5 pages and your WAEC and statement of result has one one (which is a total of 7), they will charge #1400.

So, take whatever documents your school requires you to certify and not the ones you think or I suggest.
Note that your CV and letter of motivation are not included, only legal documents or certificates which you cannot submit the originals.

Hope it is clearer now.

God bless you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:35am On Oct 29, 2014
hollaytan:
Hello house , have gone through the previous threads but for the purpose of better understanding and enlightment have got some questions.. Am thinking of appying for summer admission through uni-assist,
1. I want to knw if single payment I make covers multiple application to diffferent univ or I will have to pay per application?
2. What are the benefits of applying through uni-assits,
3. Do I have to send a single certified copy of my documents
4. Can I still meet up for March/april admission.
Please I will be highly appreciative if my questions ate kindly answered............thanks to u all

I will answer your questions in the most civil way possible but am not gonna do justice to the whole questions if I don't chip in this observation. You have not really digested what you read on the thread and you have not done any personal search as advised.
I will be spoonfeeding you by answering the questions because all the answers are on the pages of uni assist.
but whichever way, it will be answered but do some personal research yourself.

1.You pay a certain amount for the first application and registration and subsequent smaller amount for corresponding number of subsequent schools you are choosing. I can't remember the exact amount now for the first and subsequent ones, check uni assist.

2. Also boldly written on their website. In most cases, the application is not by choice, courses and schools under uni-assist will specifically ask you to apply through them or nothing. However, the major benefit is that they act as your agent in getting admission and one set of document is enough to apply to as many school as possible.

3. I think you will have to. check their website, the guidelines are there.

4. phew! it depends on the school. Check the deadline for the school you are applying to. A few has closed many have started and some have not opened. check DAAD for the deadlines of the school you selected.

Hope thy question are answered.

Fare thee well.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femo86(m): 5:38am On Oct 29, 2014
femo86:
Please can someone remind me of the guy's name (moniker) that is currently studying in ESB Reutlingen.... Please assist a brother biko. One love

Good morning house, please anyone in ESB Business School, Reutlingen? Have a blessed day ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.