Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (883650 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
fapper:

d number of days/weeks/months depends on u, its nt really a difficult xam I used 5wiks sum cn use a wik,2,3 etc. for d preparation as soon as u gt d tactics den u are gud to go, all jst depends on u!!!....pertaining the result date, it comes out 13days after d writing,listening reading date..u can view it online den go to dier council any day to hv ur original copy. I hope dis is enough? .....danke shön
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hi guys, please I have a question.
Guys over at Germany can you kindly advise.

Can someone go to germany in summer to one school and maybe apply for winter into another school and make the switch during winter? Thanks

Seasons greetings!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by fapper(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Obiwannn:

yea..thanks.
I have two questions tho.
1. what. materials did u use?
2. Cambridge ielts 8 is very strange. I no just understand the book at. all. is this the book am supposed to use? and if it is..please give me a. guide on how to use it.
thanks

yea its d Cambridge ielts dat u go use. ..it starts from Cambridge ielts 1-9 dont knw if 10 is out, was updated wif it wen I was preparing 4 it...strange as in how? na 4 sections n u gat to answer each sections one after d oda...1hr 4 both reading n writing den 40mins for listening n 11-15mins for speaking

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, please I have a question.
Guys over at Germany can you kindly advise.

Can someone go to germany in summer to one school and maybe apply for winter into another school and make the switch during winter? Thanks

Seasons greetings!
yes, you can
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
You don't realy need any text book to pass IELTS. simply go to www.ieltsbuddy.com . Everything you need is there.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by femo86(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
To all the Ogas helping with d ielts issue, God bless u all....Thanks for your input.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 2:27am On Dec 27, 2014
fapper:

yea its d Cambridge ielts dat u go use. ..it starts from Cambridge ielts 1-9 dont knw if 10 is out, was updated wif it wen I was preparing 4 it...strange as in how? na 4 sections n u gat to answer each sections one after d oda...1hr 4 both reading n writing den 40mins for listening n 11-15mins for speaking
what was ur score?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 2:41am On Dec 27, 2014
Eke40seven:

yes, you can
Thanks.
What about the block account ish, and insurance and all that technicality?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by fapper(m): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2014
Obiwannn:

what was ur score?

7.0 nd goin for bsc

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunopeyemi: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2014
good day I want to apply for any german good school for my msc program in medical /health science. please can I hv links to site of schools and I will appreciate more information anyone can give thank u
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Daad.de/en is your best search tool, but hamburg university offers the course
seunopeyemi:
good day I want to apply for any german good school for my msc program in medical /health science. please can I hv links to site of schools and I will appreciate more information anyone can give thank u

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2014
naijadove:

Ok cool, the address was changed from last time. I applied as well and was booked for next week. I should be on time this time around.

How was the interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2014
@Jennynkk

Please avoid dropping your contact details here, ask your question openly here and people will help as much as they can, but if you are one of those who prefer private chat then pm whoever you want through nairaland email system. Just follow the person first before sending pm.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
my nairaland family I greet you guys. recently I receive a lot of pm in respect of helping them to pay for uni assist and enrolment fee,

for uni assist payment these are the most important information I need
– your birthday (dd.mm.yyyy),
– your family name,
– your first name,
– the semester in which you would like to start studying*,
– your uni-assist applicant number (if you already have one)

kindly forward the information to me to effect the payment.

note: please note cross check your information to make the process smooth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Time to close this thread and start PART 2. shocked
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 1:32am On Dec 29, 2014
esdajo:

How was the interview?

Went very well thanks! Spent a lot of time there though. 12 of us for student interview.
Was given physics test, was not difficult at all, basics. Asked about Germany, States and capital, which I did not know all (would be crazy to know all states and capitals) the lady laughed and said it was fine, told me to name the few I knew.
She ran a background check on all my schools, pri, sec, uni, which I am currently. Asked why I was leaving my uni in naija and change in course. My course content as well.
A little bit of my interview was in German, after she saw i have an a2 cert.
I was sent a mail to an hour after my interview to fund my account.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by krizhk(m): 5:29am On Dec 29, 2014
naijadove:

Went very well thanks! Spent a lot of time there though. 12 of us for student interview.
Was given physics test, was not difficult at all, basics. Asked about Germany, States and capital, which I did not know all (would be crazy to know all states and capitals) the lady laughed and said it was fine, told me to name the few I knew.
She ran a background check on all my schools, pri, sec, uni, which I am currently. Asked why I was leaving my uni in naija and change in course. My course content as well.

Please was any of the 12 student that was given the physics test going for master's program or was it just bsc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2014
krizhk:

Please was any of the 12 student that was given the physics test going for master's program or was it just bsc?

I have no idea, I spoke to only one person. I was the second to be interviewed, he was first. He is a masters students going for a social science course, business management or admin or so. He was not given a test, but he had a long interview. I was given physics test. I noticed the tests are already prepared, the lady just picks maths or physics at her discretion.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by krizhk(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2014
naijadove:

I have no idea, I spoke to only one person. I was the second to be interviewed, he was first. He is a masters students going for a social science course, business management or admin or so. He was not given a test, but he had a long interview. I was given physics test. I noticed the tests are already prepared, the lady just picks maths or physics at her discretion.
Okay Thanks a lot.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2014
from uni Stuttgart daad page

Job opportunities Owing to its location in the heart of one of Europe's largest high-tech regions, there are many opportunities to find employment. Nevertheless, please do not come to Germany expecting to be able to finance your entire studies by working. The study load is very high and it is not always easy to find a part-time job. Non-EU citizens are allowed by law to work for a maximum of 120 days per year. Students who are employed by the university in one of the institutes or departments ("Studentische Hilfskräfte"wink are exempt from this regulation, but other restrictions apply. You are not allowed to work during the first year while attending a German language class in preparation for the TestDaF

abeg who know how long this their German language classes way wan spoil hustle De b?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Billyjim: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Pls this info is it applicable to undergraduade alone or both postgraduate and undergraduate?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Billyjim: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Billyjim:
@obiwann
Pls this info is it applicable to undergraduade alone or both postgraduate and undergraduate?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
naijadove:

are you going for bsc, which course pls?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
naijadove:

Great to know you have reached this level...I lost your number unfortunately. I will PM you or you can call me if you can.
I have something that may interest you.
compliments!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Thanks.
What about the block account ish, and insurance and all that technicality?
The insurance of course remains the same, I.e. monthly payment of about €73 depending on the type of course.

For the block account, because you are switching in another semester, I presume that the it will be. bit technical. You should also note that these things differs from one administrative zone to another.
So I don't know for sure what one's fate would be in that regard.
But here are MY THOUGHTS, if you were given like a year extension from where you are coming from..then you wanna switch, I assume that you would have to renew your visa before it expires and that would require you having your account in check. that's my LOGICAL ASSUMPTION. But of course we know things don't work that way, immigration laws can be funny. its however safer you prepare for the worse but for a sponsorship letter, as far as it covers your period of study, you won't be having any problems.
My 2 cowries!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
Billyjim:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abbeymaniak(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
God bless d mods of dis thread,u guy are doing alot of work here,pls keep it up. I av some few Wats to ask;
1. Do I need to speak/understand german b4 goin?
2. Wen is it advise able to apply for me cos am having my HND cert in acctin by ending of 2015 and service too?
3. Wat Ar d thing I need to consider,like accommodation and stuff?
4. After my current program can I go for masters in IT or its postgraduate?
5. Is dere any exam like GRE dat I av to do?
That will b all for now n tanks in anticipation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
abbeymaniak:
God bless d mods of dis thread,u guy are doing alot of work here,pls keep it up. I av some few Wats to ask;
1. Do I need to speak/understand german b4 goin?
2. Wen is it advise able to apply for me cos am having my HND cert in acctin by ending of 2015 and service too?
3. Wat Ar d thing I need to consider,like accommodation and stuff?
4. After my current program can I go for masters in IT or its postgraduate?
5. Is dere any exam like GRE dat I av to do?
That will b all for now n tanks in anticipation.

Hi, I will take my time to respond to your questions accordingly and to the best of my knowledge. even though these questions have been answered couple of times if and only if you can read some 50-100 pages backward:

1) Do I need to speak/understand german b4 goin? Yes/No. (NO) if your course of study is mainly taught in English. hence, you may be needing IELTS/Toefl. or in some cases, letter of proficient from your home institution. (YES) if you need to settle into the system asap, get student job, read newspaper, tv programs, make friends, be in the know how and all. hope you know what i mean. undecided undecided

2) Wen is it advise able to apply for me cos am having my HND cert in acctin by ending of 2015 and service too? We have two admission period/session. Winter/Summer: Summer admission starts from October-January 15 the following year. while Winter Starts from April - July 15. Therefore, the decision lies with you. But you are strongly advised to apply on time and before the deadline.

3) Wat Ar d thing I need to consider,like accommodation and stuff? Its either you have someone in germany who can vouch for you on your behalf and stand for you as a sponsor. Hence a sponsorship letter will be required from him/her. He/she needs to be gainfully employed with a minimum Net worth of 1500 euros per month. Or you pay the sum of 8000 euros(1.8million naira) for your survival. you can always pay for your feeding, accomodation, and stuffs from the Blocked account. Note: you cant withdraw more than 800 euros per month as a student.

4) After my current program can I go for masters in IT or its postgraduate? Absolutely NO. your HND degree qualifies you for another B.sc degree in Germany. hence, you cant apply for M.Sc or any post graduate course in Germany with your HND result. i stand corrected though !

5) Is dere any exam like GRE dat I av to do? No. All you need to do is certified documents and certificates, IELTS scores, transcripts and then fire your application.

Mein Zwei Loffel

We don't tolerate spoon feeding on this thread. so learn to read some pages backward. It sure helps kiss undecided

Wishing every one Happy New Year in Advance ! grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by abbeymaniak(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
dolpaz:

Hi, I will take my time to respond to your questions accordingly and to the best of my knowledge. even though these questions have been answered couple of times if and only if you can read some 50-100 pages backward:

1) Do I need to speak/understand german b4 goin? Yes/No. (NO) if your course of study is mainly taught in English. hence, you may be needing IELTS/Toefl. or in some cases, letter of proficient from your home institution. (YES) if you need to settle into the system asap, get student job, read newspaper, tv programs, make friends, be in the know how and all. hope you know what i mean. undecided undecided

2) Wen is it advise able to apply for me cos am having my HND cert in acctin by ending of 2015 and service too? We have two admission period/session. Winter/Summer: Summer admission starts from October-January 15 the following year. while Winter Starts from April - July 15. Therefore, the decision lies with you. But you are strongly advised to apply on time and before the deadline.

3) Wat Ar d thing I need to consider,like accommodation and stuff? Its either you have someone in germany who can vouch for you on your behalf and stand for you as a sponsor. Hence a sponsorship letter will be required from him/her. He/she needs to be gainfully employed with a minimum Net worth of 1500 euros per month. Or you pay the sum of 8000 euros(1.8million naira) for your survival. you can always pay for your feeding, accomodation, and stuffs from the Blocked account. Note: you cant withdraw more than 800 euros per month as a student.

4) After my current program can I go for masters in IT or its postgraduate? Absolutely NO. your HND degree qualifies you for another B.sc degree in Germany. hence, you cant apply for M.Sc or any post graduate course in Germany with your HND result. i stand corrected though !

5) Is dere any exam like GRE dat I av to do? No. All you need to do is certified documents and certificates, IELTS scores, transcripts and then fire your application.

Mein Zwei Loffel

We don't tolerate spoon feeding on this thread. so learn to read some pages backward. It sure helps kiss undecided

Wishing every one Happy New Year in Advance ! grin grin cheesy cheesy

Tanks a lot for taking ur time God bless u sir...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AgentONE(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Please house,I need your candid advice as concerning this matter:
1. I am planning on applying for admission in an Estonian uni. I don't know much info about the country and how easy it will be to secure a student job while schooling but I am willing to risk rather than stay in Nigeria waiting for admission then year one result before I can apply for Germany uni. Now my question is how possible will it be for me to transfer from my Estonian uni to Germo uni after my first year using my first year transcript?

2.If it is possible, do I get to start afresh from year one once i transfer to Germany or just continue from year two since I'll be using d ECTS.Is this process a tideous one and what would you advice me do.(in pidgin:pikin wey dey ask question dey hardly miss road )
P.S I have all necessary document for application to the Estonian uni.

Thanks in anticipation of your candid advice
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
To all members on Germany plz I need to pay application fee to uno-assist just $75 can anyone help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.