Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,369 members, 7,781,006 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:23 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (881990 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by helpee(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
This thread has been completely turned to a German student visa. Very few information for tourist and visiting visas. No be everybody wan go study for Germany now.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by scofield03: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
helpee:
This thread has been completely turned to a German student visa. Very few information for tourist and visiting visas. No be everybody wan go study for Germany now.

Yeah, it doesn't matter bro you can always ask your questions pertaining to any Visa type. I trust someone will have answer to the question but majority are going to Germany for study.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by scofield03: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hello good people of NL (those in Germany and aspirants like me).
Having read over 400 pages of this thread. I must say you guys are doing a great work. This is my first time of commenting on this thread.
I have two questions to ask

1. I applied to 4 schools against Summer 2015, I'm curious to get the feedback on my admission status in any of the school( not under uniassist), they have all confirmed receiving my application since early december. When precisely do you think I can get feedback as I have not seen much peeps who have gained admission newly for Summer 2015.

2. For some weeks now I have been learning German Via videos downloaded from Youtube and I'm improving gradually, do you think its sufficient enough for me to reach A2 level by learning alone.

Moreso, kindly suggest more free online Deutsch lesson, I know of duolingo. Danke.
Ich Spreche Viel nicht Deutsch
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
scofield03:
Having read over 400 pages of this thread. I must say you guys are doing a great work. This is my first time of commenting on this thread.

1. I applied to 4 schools against Summer 2015, I'm curious to get the feedback on my admission status in any of the school( not under uniassist), they have all confirmed receiving my application since early december. When precisely do you think I can get feedback as I have not seen much peeps who have gained admission newly for Summer 2015.

2. For some weeks now I have been learning German Via videos downloaded from Youtube and I'm improving gradually, do you think its sufficient enough for me to reach A2 level by learning alone.

Moreso, kindly suggest more free online Deutsch lesson, I know of duolingo. Danke.
Ich Sprechen Viel nicht Deutsch

Hmm...I'm in similar shoes, attempting to take the A2 exam head-on in march. It depends mostly on how much effort you put in for it to be sufficient. I would recommend "Easy German" on YouTube because you can follow translations in German and English at the same time and then the Goethe Mundliche prufungen on YouTube to know what you're up against in the oral section and you can get some audio and articles to practice with on the Goethe website, and don't forget your conjugations 'Ich spreche' Mein zwei Loffel.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by scofield03: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=dolpaz post=29678955]

Thanks boss for your input. I'm applying for Msc (100% taught in English).

If you say one can't pass A2 alone. I partially agree, but A1?? Its very possible, its just a matter of hardwork and determination. Can someone attest to this?

The links were helpful especially the audio...

Your comments have triggered my determination in giving the language lesson more effort and time.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by scofield03: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
tayoslayer:

Hmm...I'm in similar shoes, attempting to take the A2 exam head-on in march. It depends mostly on how much effort you put in for it to be sufficient. I would recommend "Easy German" on YouTube because you can follow translations in German and English at the same time and then the Goethe Mundliche prufungen on YouTube to know what you're up against in the oral section and you can get some audio and articles to practice with on the Goethe website, and don't forget your conjugations 'Ich spreche' Mein zwei Loffel.

Danke, I have got a witness. Yeah, I get your point: "ich spreche" nt 'ich sprechen'. The Easy German on youtube has really been of help, I just need more dedication.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
As regards the level of german proficiency one can attain by self study alone, i think B2 is very much attainable.
A combination of duolingo,rosette stone language tools and online videos can make one reach that level .

I guess the most expedient factor in how much progress one can make while studying alone is the level of determination and the amount of dedication one is ready to put into it .

I know of someone that aced goethe institut B2 exam without attending a language class, he achieved it all through intensive self study for about 5-6 months.

In conclusion,the level of proficiency one can attain is dependent on how much one is ready to push oneself . Granted,you wont sound like a native,but you can get around easily just like whoever attends a language class can .

MY HUMBLE INPUT . . .#TEAMWINTER2015#
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
tayoslayer, dolpaz, Eke07seven, nevillbot, ndyoo, justwise, naijaobi , ( pls biko abeg no vex if I no write your name)

My people my people ooo......

Something just came up . I have 4 cousins who wanna come do masters here in Germany.

Yeah I could use Google or daad.de or Hochschulkompass.de .....but... they won't tell you sey DHL is better than NIPOST or how strict the visa officer is.

so.....

pls biko abeg bitte, could someone just tell me the page to basically start reading from or to focus on, I don't wanna take circle routes. Una know sey I no dey follow up with una Masters gisting. We still dey BSC levels for here.

I only know stuff about Studienkolleg (cos that's what I'm doing )...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Junipero...Only you want to package 4 cousins at once come here...Na you biko. I hope babes dey there?

1 - 100 is good but then some of the informations are outdated so I will say 250 - 300 or thereabout. That was when we dey do #TeamWinter and our morale was high.
A lot of us dropped on the way...A lot we didn't hear from again, What happened to their stuff?

But for your cousins to come here to do there their masters they better be googling and doing this stuff that you alone want to baby feed dem. Masters here no be beans...

For those who will still come and ask the same question, what and where to start...I will like if you ask the questions for your cousins and on behalf of the Newbies... I will answer them so far I know them and then I think others will like to contribute too...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ndyoo:
Junipero...Only you want to package 4 cousins at once come here...Na you biko. I hope babes dey there?

1 - 100 is good but then some of the informations are outdated so I will say 250 - 300 or thereabout. That was when we dey do #TeamWinter and our morale was high.
A lot of us dropped on the way...A lot we didn't hear from again, What happened to their stuff?

But for your cousins to come here to do there their masters they better be googling and doing this stuff that you alone want to baby feed dem. Masters here no be beans...

For those who will still come and ask the same question, what and where to start...I will like if you ask the questions for your cousins and on behalf of the Newbies... I will answer them so far I know them and then I think others will like to contribute too...

Ohh sorry na 4 babes and potentially 1 guy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Junipero:
tayoslayer, dolpaz, Eke07seven, nevillbot, ndyoo, justwise, naijaobi , ( pls biko abeg no vex if I no write your name)

My people my people ooo......

Something just came up . I have 4 cousins who wanna come do masters here in Germany.

Yeah I could use Google or daad.de or Hochschulkompass.de .....but... they won't tell you sey DHL is better than NIPOST or how strict the visa officer is.

so.....

pls biko abeg bitte, could someone just tell me the page to basically start reading from or to focus on, I don't wanna take circle routes. Una know sey I no dey follow up with una Masters gisting. We still dey BSC levels for here.

I only know stuff about Studienkolleg (cos that's what I'm doing )...

Ehehehehehhehe... grin grin grin grin I laff in german style.

Junipero u wan feed them from information gathering to getting a visa, boarding flight down to deutschland and also housing them. you be strong "G" ooo.. kiss kiss

Anyway, play your own part, Invite them here, let them ask questions so they can be in the know-how.
We'll always be here to help them.

German M.sc na full research, say no to spoon feeding sir undecided undecided undecided

Alles Gutes !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
scofield03:

Ich Spreche Viel nicht Deutsch

For the admission letters, it all depends on the school, I have gotten one admission down for winter already. But generally, schools would usually issue out letters 3 months before enrollment deadline or in some cases, three months before school starts. So for winter, look out for the admission letter any moment from now.

I admire your determination to learn the language. My phone got damaged so I lost all the useful apps I use but they are mainly very useful for beginners but of course, they could be useful for more advanced levels.. To me, i find them better than duolingo. Here are the playstore apps I remember from memory.
1. learn German
2. Meine Deutsch Freund
3. Fun and easy learn (German 6000 words)
4. King German
5. German trainer
6. German drills (may not be the exact name)
7. German English dictionary + translator
8. Bubble bee (learn German with bubble bee) I don't like this one much
9. learn German with busuu
10. Download the Google translate app (download the Eng-German for offline use)
11. learn German with word pic
4-6 are German verb conjugation trainers

I can't remember the rest.
For me, the plan is to learn as much as you can, most unis still provide language lessons free of charge as part of their service.

Also, you can try and see if you can lay your hands on the study materials provided by Geothe Institute for your desired level. I'm looking at getting them too. Its 11k, consisting of 3 books and CDs and someone told me the CD contains exactly everything taught in the class.

For the test, why not try this online test to assess your strength. there are short or long tests available for each level from A1.
http://www.deutsch-lernen.com/virtual/e_test_kurz_einleitung.php

You can also take lessons for each level. I will check up a site later. You know that these things are structured and learning from random sites may improve your overall knowledge of the language but may not take you too far in passing the exams so look for sites with structured lessons appropriate for your level.
I. hope you find it useful
Good luck!

phew! me and long posts.

For that person who enquired about the Residents Permit in Berlin, I asked further questions about the length of their resident permit and someone said in accordance with what mocaz posted that its actually very easy if you go to their main administrative office and its immediate, I.e "get-as-you-submit". Students around Berlin e g Brandenburg get house/housing contracts there so that they can be eligible. He said the permit they issue usually covers for all the period of study given that you have slightly above 8K in your blocked account. According to him, a friend of his was recently given 4 years!
To that guy who enquired earlier, make further research to see how it works.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by fapper(m): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Eke40seven:

For the admission letters, it all depends on the school, I have gotten one admission down for winter already. But generally, schools would usually issue out letters 3 months before enrollment deadline or in some cases, three months before school starts. So for winter, look up to the admission letter any moment from now.

I admire your determination to learn the language. My phone got damaged so I lost all the useful apps I use but they are mainly very useful for beginners but of course, they could be useful for more advanced levels.. To me, i find them better than duolingo. Here are the playstore apps I remember from memory.
1. learn German
2. Meine Deutsch Freund
3. Fun and easy learn (German 6000 words)
4. King German
5. German trainer
6. German drills (may not be the exact name)
7. German English dictionary + translator
8. Bubble bee (learn German with bubble bee) I don't like this one much

4-6 are German verb conjugation trainers

I can't remember the rest.
For me, the plan is to learn as much as you can, most unis still provide language lessons free of charge as part of their service.

Also, you can try and see if you can lay your hands on the study materials provided by Geothe Institute for your desired level. I'm looking at getting them too. Its 11k, consisting of 3 books and CDs and someone told me the CD contains exactly everything for classes.

For the test, why not try this online test to assess your strength. there are short or long test available for each level from A1.
http://www.deutsch-lernen.com/virtual/e_test_kurz_einleitung.php

You can also take lessons for each levels. I will check up a site later. You know that these things are structured and learning from random sites may improve your overall knowledge of the language but may not take you too far in passing the exams so look for sites with structured lessons appropriate for your level.
I. hope you find it useful
Good luck!

phew! me and long posts.

For that person who enquired about Berlin, I asked further questions about the length of their resident permit and someone said in accordance with what mocaz posted that its actually very easy if you go to their main administrative office and its immediate. Students around Berlin e g Brandenburg get house/housing contracts there so that they can be eligible. He said the permit they issue usually covers for all the periods of study given that you have slightly above 8K in your blocked account. According to him, a friend of his was recently given 4 years!
To that guy who enquired earlier, make further research to see how it works.

lolz thanks v much bro, na me dey ask abt d berlin stuff.....na 2m I wan put inside ma block account n m sure dats slightly above d 8k euros. ....bt gurus for here say it depends on d administrative office in d area I reside in berlin. ....now r u telling me dat so far na Berlin anywhere area I go dey I can b given more dan a year?......thanks for your info bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:11am On Jan 12, 2015
fapper:

lolz thanks v much bro, na me dey ask abt d berlin stuff.....na 2m I wan put inside ma block account n m sure dats slightly above d 8k euros. ....bt gurus for here say it depends on d administrative office in d area I reside in berlin. ....now r u telling me dat so far na Berlin anywhere area I go dey I can b given more dan a year?......thanks for your info bro

Brother look well o....I said the one confirmed is the MAIN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE....I don't know about other offices because there are several. I THINK the main office will accept your application as far as you are in Berlin. Just do further research.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by fapper(m): 6:05am On Jan 12, 2015
Eke40seven:

Brother look well o....I said the one confirmed is the MAIN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE....I don't know about other offices because there are several. I THINK the main office will accept your application as far as you are in Berlin. Just do further research.

ahhh okkk thanks v much bro...now I grab ur words....vielen dank
Re: German Embassy And Visa by scofield03: 10:09am On Jan 12, 2015
@Eke40seven. Thanks for your timely response, you have always been a blessing to the thread. The online test is very helpful.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2015
After 3 months in Germany, I finally got two job offers yestday both paying 10€ per hour. One a students assistant position at max plank institute and d other a private partner to a cleaning company.

But the cleaning company asked me to get a document called gewerbeschein within 3 weeks. Guys already experienced here can u plz explain wat that is cus from my search on it, its like a company registration stuff
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2015
nevilbot:
After 3 months in Germany, I finally got two job offers yestday both paying 10€ per hour. One a students assistant position at max plank institute and d other a private partner to a cleaning company.

But the cleaning company asked me to get a document called gewerbeschein within 3 weeks. Guys already experienced here can u plz explain wat that is cus from my search on it, its like a company registration stuff
Bros how did you get the job? was it through agent / job agency?
Another question, will your pay be tasked?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2015
nevilbot:

Gewerbeschein is what they normally use to keep your earnings in check. They normally dont ask students to get Gewerbeschein. It's directed at the firms, small businesses. They are the ones who need the Gewerbschein. Unless they've changed the rules.

A Restaurant Manager once asked me for one. told him I was a Student.

Checked online and from the info I got, some jobs now require this Gewerbeschein.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
crowns2:

Bros how did you get the job? was it through agent / job agency?
Another question, will your pay be tasked?

I got d Max plank job through my department cus I'm studying neuroscience and d institute is a brain research institute. D other I got thru a naija friend of my who sent me d link. If u are interested in d cleaning job let me know cus d company is in many cities and dey are recruiting directly seriously. Dey even said dey will pay me 50€ for every person I refer so abeg mail me make I refer chaply. 50€ no b beans.

For those trying to send me mail on nairaland plz stop sending dem cus I don't get dem. Just search for nevilbot on Facebook and add me.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
nevilbot:

I got d Max plank job through my department cus I'm studying neuroscience and d institute is a brain research institute. D other I got thru a naija friend of my who sent me d link. If u are interested in d cleaning job let me know cus d company is in many cities and dey are recruiting directly seriously. Dey even said dey will pay me 50€ for every person I refer so abeg mail me make I refer chaply. 50€ no b beans.

For those trying to send me mail on nairaland plz stop sending dem cus I don't get dem. Just search for nevilbot on Facebook and add me.

Wow. . .So you mean you're studying interdisciplinary neurosciences at goethe universitat? I never knew ! Thats one of my prospective choices o

Abeg you've got to tell me more about the programme .

ALL IS WELL
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
nevilbot:

I searched u on fb buh what I kept getting https://m.facebook.com/search/?refid=8&search=Search&search_source=top_nav&query=nevilbot isn't u. please would u mind giving ur full name?, Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 12:16am On Jan 14, 2015
ogompaul:
I searched u on fb buh what I kept getting https://m.facebook.com/search/?refid=8&search=Search&search_source=top_nav&query=nevilbot isn't u. please would u mind giving ur full name?, Thanks.

Maybe ur internet get virus o. Just joking but like 3 people already got across to me using dat same nevilbot cus I'm d only nevilbot in d whole world even Google will confirm dat

I can't give u my full name here not cus I don't want to but cus our oga wey wise pass say giving out details here na spamming and dat e fit crash nairaland server wen d sperm too much. Try get an internet with no virus and type in nevilbot in Facebook or Google ,walahi na only me u go c
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 14, 2015
To all nairalander in Germany please I need ur help how can I pay uni-assist charges of $75 I just need someone who can help me out on this
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 9:05am On Jan 14, 2015
kennyoguns0509:
To all nairalander in Germany please I need ur help how can I pay uni-assist charges of $75 I just need someone who can help me out on this
contact futurewise11 here I.e pm him
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=ogompaul post=29777693]contact futurewise11 here I.e

@ogompaul thanks bro i tried his mobile number n sent him pm but all effort proved abortive. Any other option plz
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Johnabajo: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Great work guys!!! I really appreciate it. Pls, is there anyone studying transportation systems at TUM? or is there anyone studying at TUM?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SOLARPOWER1(f): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Pls I need advice/any information on this german school ......University of KAISERSLUATERN in Germany
I am currently applying for the Erasmus mundus masters in embedded computing systems and I have options to choose two among the underlisted uni.
1. uni of KAISERSLUATERN
2. uni of southampton
3. Norwegian uni of science and technology.
Am thinking of dropping 1 above, if u have info on it pls tell me what u know abt the school and the town
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=kennyoguns0509 post=29777946][/quote]which of his Mobile did u call? naija or Germany?

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.