Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884042 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 12:57am On Aug 04, 2012
Oh ok, I thought as much
Re: German Embassy And Visa by rubenic(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
i need sponsor letter from some1 in Germany for visa purpose. some1 should please help!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2012
@SimplyD
A few more questions, if you don't mind...
Have you been asked called to collect the visa yet ?
Do they ask about your ties to Nigeria (eg. Family here, work) during the interview ?

Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2012
tetraman: @SimplyD
A few more questions, if you don't mind...
Have you been asked called to collect the visa yet ?
Do they ask about your ties to Nigeria (eg. Family here, work) during the interview ?

Thanks.

Yes, u would be asked about the nature of your work and maybe about family. Guess the idea, like u mentioned, is to find out if u would return after your studies
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2012
[q
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
@SimplyD
Thanks for your reply. By the way how long is the interview and other than the required doc. Did they ask for any additional ones ? Did you have to show some docs. to show where you work for example ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
@yampion- yes

@tetraman- they usually ask for a proof; your work I.D card would suffice (just for sighting so don't bother making copies of it). About the duration, can't be exact 'cos it would depend on how "clear, concise and acceptable" your responses are. Shouldn't last more than 25mins though.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cdspencer(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
@simplyD

How long did it take 2 email u after d interview ?

Secondly, I believe u got a positive reply from d embassy .

Thanks 4 treating our questions wit kindness .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cdspencer(m): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
yampion:

@Cdspencer, How did Ur interview go and were u asked to submit ur passport.

Its ok and I left wit my passport. Why do u ask?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cdspencer(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
Did u submit ur passport ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
@yampion and @cdspencer
Pls share your own interview experience. Any tips or do and donts ?
Thanks in advance.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2012
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
@yampion Thanks for your reply. It will come in useful for me as well as many to come. Did you get any questions about work or about your parents. how long did the interview take ?
All the best for the visa.
God bless.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yampion: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Abali1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
La parissene, Suxxes, simpleD, etc . I thank you guys for the info being supplied on this thread. A family friend wants to help me come over to Germany and has assured me that I will be able to get a job over there with my qualifications(I have an MBA, here in Nigeria and am working). But he said that I have to first learn the German language to ease off the stress of communication with prospective employers.

Guys please I will like to know where I can get a good German Language school or instructor and the likely amount their fees maybe. If possible one in the eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zamafiya: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
Guy I need help here I have a virg pp and gote invitation later from a company that sells cars in Belgium and a hotel reservations but I don't have any other document , hw do I go about getting the visa .ur advice adjidjimana@yahoo.fr.or send txt on my pin;3319A398
Re: German Embassy And Visa by olajebu(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Pls, I sent my document to the German Embassy through fedex and for over 3 weeks now I've not gotten a response nor receieved an email from the embassy..Pls what could be causing the delay ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
Abali1: La parissene, Suxxes, simpleD, etc . I thank you guys for the info being supplied on this thread. A family friend wants to help me come over to Germany and has assured me that I will be able to get a job over there with my qualifications(I have an MBA, here in Nigeria and am working). But he said that I have to first learn the German language to ease off the stress of communication with prospective employers.

Guys please I will like to know where I can get a good German Language school or instructor and the likely amount their fees maybe. If possible one in the eastern part of Nigeria.

You have to ask offline in the east.

olajebu: Pls, I sent my document to the German Embassy through fedex and for over 3 weeks now I've not gotten a response nor receieved an email from the embassy..Pls what could be causing the delay ?

Your email address might not be properly written.

zamafiya: Guy I need help here I have a virg pp and gote invitation later from a company that sells cars in Belgium and a hotel reservations but I don't have any other document , hw do I go about getting the visa .ur advice adjidjimana@yahoo.fr.or send txt on my pin;3319A398

Which coy do you work for? salary? your position? email me on pear_prince AT yahoo.com

Sheyi
Re: German Embassy And Visa by VOfficialR(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
hey guyz, i live in Cologne, NRW. I will like to help with any questions i have answers for.

pls, i'm not willing to give out my personal information; so, dont ask. Don't also bother sending me private mail coz i cant get it. See you around smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by belamour(m): 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
@V OFficial, I have a passport with a south african visa on it but i didn't travel with it then. I want to apply for a German business or tourist visa. So what are my chances ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by zhukafa(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
Abali1: La parissene, Suxxes, simpleD, etc . I thank you guys for the info being supplied on this thread. A family friend wants to help me come over to Germany and has assured me that I will be able to get a job over there with my qualifications(I have an MBA, here in Nigeria and am working). But he said that I have to first learn the German language to ease off the stress of communication with prospective employers.

Where in eastern part are you located. Am also studying german. Kann ich ihnen helfen? Mein name ist Princewill, ich komme aus Nigeria, ich wohnen en port harcourt, ich bin student von beruf. Magst du das?.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by olajebu(m): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
@suxes2005, I used the correct email address, is there anything that could have caused the delay ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by VOfficialR(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
@belamour,
i'm sorry i cant guage your chances of getting a visa as i have little tie with the Embassy in Nigeria.
What i'm sure of is that you'll have more chances if you've met all requirements. What i know about the Germans so far is that, despite the fact that they are skeptical when it comes to dealing with Africans when it comes to affairs of state. Rules are Rules and when they are met you have your rights. Apply for the visa and be sure you have every required documents, don't present misquoted documents and if you have to be diplomatic, be careful with it.

I have better handlings with info in Germany than in Nigeria, i'm sorry.
Goodluck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by humanshado: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2012
Please can anyone help me with answers?

1)How do I open a blocked account?
2)what documents do I need to attach to the application form for opening the account?
3)What are the chances of getting a job after a masters degree in Germany?
40 What are the chances of getting funding for PhD after a masters degree in Germany?

Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
@h...
1- send an email to db.student@db.com requesting to open a blocked student account, they'll reply with the required documents and application form. Fill and take the form and documents to the German consulate in Lagos for it to be sent to the Deutsche bank in Germany.
2- The documents required usually are passport copy and admission letter.
3 and 4, I have no idea perhpas @V_official can help with those since he is on site.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Just came across this post. Germany student visa is not complicated, just as simple as ABC as I got my study visa in June this year. So only those who have gone through the process should contribute and not complicate issue for potential applicant.
I applied to 4 universities via Uni Assist and I have so far recieved admission offer from 3 of them. Immediately I revieved the first admission letter from one of the universities I began my visa processing to save my time even though I don't intend to attend that university. I got the admission offer from the one I intend to attend yesterday though both are in the same federal state so I wont have complication with my paper works; cos the visa carries the name of the school with which I used to apply. I contacted the embassy via telephone immediately about this and the man at the visa section assured me that I wont have problem with the foreigners office in Germany.
Immediately I got the letter of offer from the university, i went to the German consulate in Lagos to open the student block account. The lady at the reception gave me the deutsche bank form and i submitted it with a photocopy of my admission letter and the biodata page of my international passport. I got my account details from the deutsche bank after 3 weeks. I transferred the required amount to the account and I got a confirmation of payment from the bank after 5 days. I sent the payment confirmation, passport biodata page, and photocopy of admission letter along with the request for appointment form to the consulate general via dhl. I got a response 3 days later for my appointment in 3 weeks.
On the appointment day, it was a lovely experience. Got to the consulate at 6:25am and those with student visa and family reunion were ushered in first. We went straight to the visa section and were called in one after the other. There are 4 rooms in the visa section and i was called to room 2 where a young Nigeria guy collected my document and entered my details to his computer and asked me to go sit down at the reception. After 25 minutes at the reception, a german guy came and invited me first to his office cause we are only 2 applying for student visa. The man ushered me to his office inside the consulate where he made me feel comfortable, he switched on his computer and the interview began. He read every question from the computer and he entered all my answers into the system. After the interview he stamped a page on my passport; the stamp contained the date of appointment and the visa type. He told me my application has been forwarded to the foreigners office for approval and he usherd me back the reception and l left to my home.
22 days after the interview, I got an email from the consulate to come to the consulate with a 90 days travel insurrance. I printed the email, did travel insurrance for 23k from AIICO and went to the embassy. I submitted my passport along with the travel insurance at the visa section and the lady wrote "collection at 2pm on my slip. She gave it to me and asked me to come for collection at 2pm. About 70 of us came for the collection and we were called one after the other. I got mine and the lady said your visa is approved and you will submit your passport to the foreigners office in germany after you enroll in your university to extend your visa from 90 days to 2 years. Thats my story. i wish other applicant good luck

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
jejet: Just came across this post. Germany student visa is not complicated, just as simple as ABC as I got my study visa in June this year. So only those who have gone through the process should contribute and not complicate issue for potential applicant.
I applied to 4 universities via Uni Assist and I have so far recieved admission offer from 3 of them. Immediately I revieved the first admission letter from one of the universities I began my visa processing to save my time even though I don't intend to attend that university. I got the admission offer from the one I intend to attend yesterday though both are in the same federal state so I wont have complication with my paper works; cos the visa carries the name of the school with which I used to apply. I contacted the embassy via telephone immediately about this and the man at the visa section assured me that I wont have problem with the foreigners office in Germany.
Immediately I got the letter of offer from the university, i went to the German consulate in Lagos to open the student block account. The lady at the reception gave me the deutsche bank form and i submitted it with a photocopy of my admission letter and the biodata page of my international passport. I got my account details from the deutsche bank after 3 weeks. I transferred the required amount to the account and I got a confirmation of payment from the bank after 5 days. I sent the payment confirmation, passport biodata page, and photocopy of admission letter along with the request for appointment form to the consulate general via dhl. I got a response 3 days later for my appointment in 3 weeks.
On the appointment day, it was a lovely experience. Got to the consulate at 6:25am and those with student visa and family reunion were ushered in first. We went straight to the visa section and were called in one after the other. There are 4 rooms in the visa section and i was called to room 2 where a young Nigeria guy collected my document and entered my details to his computer and asked me to go sit down at the reception. After 25 minutes at the reception, a german guy came and invited me first to his office cause we are only 2 applying for student visa. The man ushered me to his office inside the consulate where he made me feel comfortable, he switched on his computer and the interview began. He read every question from the computer and he entered all my answers into the system. After the interview he stamped a page on my passport; the stamp contained the date of appointment and the visa type. He told me my application has been forwarded to the foreigners office for approval and he usherd me back the reception and l left to my home.
22 days after the interview, I got an email from the consulate to come to the consulate with a 90 days travel insurrance. I printed the email, did travel insurrance for 23k from AIICO and went to the embassy. I submitted my passport along with the travel insurance at the visa section and the lady wrote "collection at 2pm on my slip. She gave it to me and asked me to come for collection at 2pm. About 70 of us came for the collection and we were called one after the other. I got mine and the lady said your visa is approved and you will submit your passport to the foreigners office in germany after you enroll in your university to extend your visa from 90 days to 2 years. Thats my story. i wish other applicant good luck

I doubt if we need any other detailed explanation again except for
those applying for visit visa. This short but lovely post answers it
all about German student visa.

Tnx jejet

Sheyi

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tetraman(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
jejet: Just came across this post. Germany student visa is not complicated, just as simple as ABC as I got my study visa in June this year. So only those who have gone through the process should contribute and not complicate issue for potential applicant.

Thanks jejet. could you tell us what questions where asked ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.