Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri (27526 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 9:02pm On May 26, 2011
is Mrs Oluremi Tinubu itsekiri by birth ?

although i have found some articles

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=22509.290;wap2

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/j-o-s-ayomike%E2%80%99s-focus-on-itsekiri-at-a-book-party/
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 9:08pm On May 26, 2011
zstranger:

^^

I am not surprised. I have never seen a Yoruba woman that beautiful.

Most Yoruba women look fat and ugly like Tpiah and Jenifa!
grin grin grin grin

zstranger ha!!!

did u know this before
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by tpia5: 9:09pm On May 26, 2011

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by 2mch(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2011
It is a lie, Remi Tinubu is Full blooded Yoruba. Alj Harem mechionu

Maybe Ndubisi Kani is Itsekiri too or Oba of Lagos because they attended and Itsekiri function

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by tpia5: 9:52pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 9:57pm On May 26, 2011
tpia@:

@ alj harem

as far as i know, itsekiri give their kids names from their own language, not yoruba.

The names will sound yoruba though.

ok thanks tpia

but you as a yoruba can u understand itsekiri language
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by musiwa46: 10:09pm On May 26, 2011
Oluremi Odugbesan Ikusebiala from ogun state who later became Oluremi tinubu.

another one from the house of fraud.

I speak itsekiri and I think you people should offer apology to itsekiri people.  I understand Uhrobo and isoko, because uhrobo and isoko are close to each other.  and my childhood  friend were uhrobo and isoko
My classmate were itsekiri too. that how i learn itsekiri, he live just a street away from me as a child. His mother use to speak  itsekiri to him and his  brothers.   that how i learn itsekiri as a child.   he was the captain of my soccer team.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 10:10pm On May 26, 2011
Desola:

She is from Ogun state and her maiden name is: Oluremi Ikesebiala. Check out her bio here: www.believeinremitinubu.com/1/biography

thanks
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Desola(f): 10:11pm On May 26, 2011
Itsekiris are Yorubas anyway, so what gives? Anyway Remi is Yoruba from SW not Yoruba from SS.

5 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by tpia5: 10:13pm On May 26, 2011

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 10:15pm On May 26, 2011
tpia@:

i'm not sure, since i personally havent heard it spoken much.

a lot of itsekiris speak yoruba.

but i know the names sound yoruba and people have told me the dialect also sounds yoruba.

but since they're delta, i'm sure they probably have words from there too.

oh thanks for the help

i think jason should help here
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by tpia5: 10:30pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Mynd44: 6:34am On May 27, 2011
Bunch of jobless liars

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by kpogede77: 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
There is very little difference between Itsekiri and Yoruba. A Lagos Yoruba man will understand Itsekiri better than some deep Yoruba like Ikale and Ijebu.If you integrate and differentiate both dialect, you will discover that they have a common origin. For instance, wa=come, wagba=come take, Eko onibaje=Eko ewabaje, Ola=yesterday, Olorun=the owner of heaven, Ajamimogha=I am in my town, mabamije=dont spoil me. Olori=wife of a king, Tsola=shola and so on. There is no Itsekiri man who does not understand Yoruba. So, it doesnt realy matter whether one is a Yoruba or Itsekiri.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
Its becoming hard to define Yoruba again?

Is everyone now claiming Yoruba?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by jason123: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Its becoming hard to define Yoruba again?

Is everyone now claiming Yoruba?

undecided

kpogede77:

There is very little difference between Itsekiri and Yoruba. A Lagos Yoruba man will understand Itsekiri better than some deep Yoruba like Ikale and Ijebu.If you integrate and differentiate both dialect, you will discover that they have a common origin. For instance, wa=come, wagba=come take, Eko onibaje=Eko ewabaje, Ola=yesterday, Olorun=the owner of heaven, Ajamimogha=I am in my town, mabamije=dont spoil me. Olori=wife of a king, Tsola=shola and so on. There is no Itsekiri man who does not understand Yoruba. So, it doesnt realy matter whether one is a Yoruba or Itsekiri.

That is is ULTIMATE TRUTH. Although, not all Yorubas can understand Itsekiri but most Itsekiris can understand Yoruba. The Eastern Yorubas and Ijebus will understand more of the language than, lets say, an Egba man.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by jason123: 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2011
kpogede77:

Btw, your user name suggest that you are not from the SW. I am assuming you are Itsekiri. If you are, come online more often bro.

Sorry for the typo

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aloyemeka1: 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
So?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aloyemeka1: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
zstranger:

^^

I am not surprised. I have never seen a Yoruba woman that beautiful.

Most Yoruba women look fat and ugly like Tpiah and Jenifa!

You mean your mama?

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So?

it is an achievement for her to then be in the lagos state government

kudos to her and itsekiri nation

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by jason123: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
jason123:

Btw, your user name suggest that you are not from the SW. I am assuming you are Itsekiri. If you are, come online more often bro.

Corrected!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
Yoruba
Itsekiri
Bini

Kini difference gan sef? Fulanis might as well join in.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Desola(f): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
Alhaji,

you no sabi read again?

The woman is Ijebu and not Itsekiri. And even if she were, she would still be Yoruba! Sheesh!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by kpogede77: 12:09am On Jun 02, 2011
I don't understand how some people reason in this forum, if some body ask a question , I think it is the right answer that should be given to that person. I am close to these people, I have just told you the way it is, you said every body want to claim Yoruba. May be you want me to give you the wrong answer that Itsekiri has similarity wiTh Hausa. For your information, Itsekiris have nothing to benefit by claiming Yoruba rather it is Yoruba who have more to benefit by claiming Itsekiri. Most Yorubas are working in Chevron Ugborodo Escravos today because it is difficult to differentiate their names from Itsekiri names and a lot of them claim to be Itsekiri. If an Urhobo man send his CV to Escravos for a job and a Yoruba man send his CV, the Yoruba man's CV is likely to sail through than the Urhobo man. Name like Ejiro cannot claim to be an Itsekiri but Shola, Ayo, Areyinka, Olu, Tunde, Femi can claim to be Itsekiri even though the urhobo man is a next door neighbor to Itsekiri. It is only in this forum that people criticize Rochas Okorocha for forfeiting his salary to support free education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2011
kpogede77:

I don't understand how some people reason in this forum, if some body ask a question , I think it is the right answer that should be given to that person. I am close to these people, I have just told you the way it is, you said every body want to claim Yoruba. May be you want me to give you the wrong answer that Itsekiri has similarity wiTh Hausa. For your information, Itsekiris have nothing to benefit by claiming Yoruba rather it is Yoruba who have more to benefit by claiming Itsekiri. Most Yorubas are working in Chevron Ugborodo Escravos today because it is difficult to differentiate their names from Itsekiri names and a lot of them claim to be Itsekiri. If an Urhobo man send his CV to Escravos for a job and a Yoruba man send his CV, the Yoruba man's CV is likely to sail through than the Urhobo man. Name like Ejiro cannot claim to be an Itsekiri but Shola, Ayo, Areyinka, Olu, Tunde, Femi can claim to be Itsekiri even though the urhobo man is a next door neighbor to Itsekiri. It is only in this forum that people criticize Rochas Okorocha for forfeiting his salary to support free education.

How long have you been working as a comedian?

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by aljharem3: 12:24am On Jun 02, 2011
kpogede77:

gbammmmmm

don't mind this mumu's

3 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Desola(f): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2011
@kpogede,

I for one see Itsekiris as Yorubas. However, I am confused about the point you are trying to make here.

Is it that you are saying Itsekiris are not claiming to be Yorubas rather, its the Yorubas in Warri who are claiming to be Itsekiris?

What is your personal view about the Yoruba-itsekiri relationship?

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Desola(f): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2011
Alh-harem,

You are not any different from Calculia, who refused to admit that Phillip Emeagwali claimed to be Yoruba despite showing him/her documentary evidence.

A number of us on this thread have corrected you that Remi Tinubu is infact from Ogun state and have pointed you to online links which supports that assertion butstill you refuse to receive the gospel. You are totally dellusional.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by PapaBrowne(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2011
Desola:

@kpogede,

I for one see Itsekiris as Yorubas. However, I am confused about the point you are trying to make here.

Is it that you are saying Itsekiris are not claiming to be Yorubas rather, its the Yorubas in Warri who are claiming to be Itsekiris?

What is your personal view about the Yoruba-itsekiri relationship?

The point Kpogede is making is very valid. In Warri, Yorubas claim to be Itsekiris to enable them get plum oil jobs in Itsekiri enclaves. Currently there is a huge Multi Billion dollar Chevron Gas To Liquid construction project taking place in Escravos. Escravos is an Itsekiri enclave. The project employs almost 10,000 and pays huge salaries. Itsekiris indigenes are given priority for jobs and contracts. It is the normal procedure in most oil producing communities.
Now because Yorubas have similar names with Itsekiris, they claim to be Itsekiris to enable them get jobs on this project. And a huge number of them are working there.

Itsekiris have no need to claim Yoruba. It benefits them nothing. It is Yorubas that benefit from being called Itsekiris.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adieu! General David Akpode Ejoor’s Final Salute (1932 - 2019) / PDP To Protest Over Supreme Court Judgment In Imo / Buhari Congratulates Samia Suluhu Hassan, New Tanzanian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.