Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? (81679 Views)

Why We Want To Marry Virgins / Do Some Women Want To Marry Virgins Too? / Do Ladies Get Excited/enthused To Date Or Marry Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by tomiade1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2007
lol grin, na wa o,
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by shadex1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2007
i dont know whats all the hype bout virgin or not virgin,its whoever i fall in love with.them virgins are still virgins because they didnt meet any guy smart enough to bed them better yet they didnt get the opportunity plus whats the use of a virgin if she is tighter with zero bed skills.lol.cnt bliv m sayin dis.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Mustay(m): 12:17am On Jul 29, 2007
virginia family
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Godsgirl(f): 3:13am On Jul 29, 2007
[a clean, tear rubber babe quote][quote][/quote]?

I'm sorry guys, did I miss something? What does this mean?  undecided

Is it one of those that are "literal"in meaning , as in tearing a condom? My goodness, Nairaland is quickly proving to be one of the best experience teachers I have ever had.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by debosky(m): 3:22am On Jul 29, 2007
'tear rubber' is a terminology used to describe new unused things - probably evolved from new items like cars that have a cellophane (rubber) covering which is torn off when the car is bought - same way a girl would be in a pristine state as a virgin.

tear rubber babe = new/untouched/virgin babe
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Godsgirl(f): 3:35am On Jul 29, 2007
Thanks Debosky,

We do learn new things everyday, Thanks for responding intelligibly w/o making me feel stupid. I appreciate that. cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by k0be: 3:39am On Jul 29, 2007
which kind tear rubber babe abeg rubbisssssssh. so so rubbish.
the same babes wey dey pristine still dey suck lolipop dey claim say them be "untouched virgin babes"
yeye.

Ggirl, du*****ss j/k j/k j/k.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Godsgirl(f): 4:28am On Jul 29, 2007
@K0be

You call me dumb because I do not understand a slang?? hmmm,  FYI, that is the major reason why I joined the forum in the first place-to learn the various slangs used now by the majority of Nigerian pop.  2 visits a year to Nigeria cannot make me a "pro" you know? If you have an advantage in the area, do not assume that everyone does, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH "ASSUMPTIONS ARE QUITE DANGEROUS AND TELLING OF ONES IGNORANCE ON A GIVEN ISSUE"

Would it have pleased you if I just made an assumption that "tear rubber babe" referred to "ripping a condom"? and just gone on being ignorant without asking questions?

Really, I'm interested in your response, humour me some more, will ya?
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by k0be: 4:49am On Jul 29, 2007
which kind tear rubber babe abeg rubbisssssssh. so so rubbish.
the same babes wey dey pristine still dey suck lolipop dey claim say them be "untouched virgin babes"
yeye.
Ggirl, this part of my post wasn't addressed to you.

Ggirl, du*****ss j/k j/k j/k.
As far as this part of my post is concerned you didn't have to respond with 50 pages of tribute to ignorance. did you miss the bolded text that reads "just kidding" abi where is your sense of humor,  don't u know what j/k means?
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Godsgirl(f): 4:57am On Jul 29, 2007
Ummm, Of course I have a sense of humor wink but I sure am not stupid, One can't shoot down a person and then say "Just kidding" can they? Just as you can't just insult someone and say-"just kidding". You have said what you wanted to say. Your point was very loud and clear. That is all that really mattered.

I really have nothing against you. It's just part of life and getting to know how other people think. That's all. I'm yet to encounter other interesting characters here on Nairaland-but not to worry-"I'm a big girl"

Agape!
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by k0be: 5:02am On Jul 29, 2007
Ummm, Of course I have a sense of humor  but I sure am not stupid, One can't shoot down a person and then say "Just kidding" can they? Just as you can't just insult someone and say-"just kidding". You have said what you wanted to say.  Your point was very loud and clear. That is all that really mattered.

I really have nothing against you. It's just part of life and getting to know how other people think. That's all. I'm yet to encounter other interesting characters here on Nairaland-but not to worry-"I'm a big girl"

Agape!
lol you call that shooting down a person? wo go and sidon for one corner jare. what's there to gain from shooting you down? I typed the du*****ss jokingly because of this part of your post
Thanks for responding intelligibly w/o making me feel stupid. I appreciate that.
not because you asked the question you did.  if it hurts you, I trust you'll get over it.

And to answer your question, yes you can shoot a person down and then say "just kidding" it's called sarcasm, it wasn't a "shoot down" in the first scenario.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Godsgirl(f): 5:09am On Jul 29, 2007
"Shoot down a person?" FYI was an example the latter referred to you.

Yeah, I am over it already-I hold no grudges wink (Thank God). Besides, it takes too much time having to explain my every move on the forum and I am sleepy,

Agape!
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by k0be: 5:14am On Jul 29, 2007
Shoot down a person?" FYI was an example the latter referred to you.

Yeah, I am over it already-I hold no grudges (Thank God). Besides, it takes too much time having to explain my every move on the forum and I am sleepy,

Agape!
I've explained this to you as elaborate as I'm willing to. No need to blow a joke out of proportion. Life is enjoyable, enjoy it and don't make it so hard on yourself.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by MP007(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2007
because guyz have rooted town , u feel me , u dont want to marry someone that as been banged all around, that guilt and pain will stil be there esp for a guy that marries as a virgin , it wi;l; be kinda unfair to him
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Bolarge(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2007
Oh my! It's good to be back. grin

@GriefOfHearts
Bolarge is a hilarious joke, so anyone who is pro-choice has had an abortion before? Dude, please stop embarrassing yourself.
  We meet again. If the phrase in bold is all u made out of the study I highlighted, I'm speechless to say the least. However to those who're inclined to see reason n' tow the path of rational thought this is the meat of the message:
This simply goes to say that instead of facing the guilt they simply found it easier to channel it into a cause that attempts to justify the crime they had committed that somehow still gnaws/eats them up albeit in the deepest recesses of their seared consciences.
The study was obviously done in a particular place (US) at a particular time and therefore cannot be used to assess pro-choice peeps everyplace everytime. Jeez!I would've thought this ws pretty obvious.
  BTW I really am flattered that u referred to me thus
Bolarge is a hilarious joke
Knowing u n' your penchant for hurling insults at peeps who dare to dissent from your views with these kinds of words from your arsenal: Didirin (retard), oloriburuku (accursed), oloshi (idiot), were (lunatic) etc, being a joke sure puts me in the vintage league. grin As your insultive manner of conversing is alien turf for me, forgive me but my conversation with u ends right here.

@debosky   
oh yeah bolarge, We 'hate' virginity because we lost ours to some losers a long time ago! r-iiight
I guess in your rage u missed out on the other possible factors I highlighted namely stupidity and spinelessness in d face of peer pressure and hormonal surges.
your deductive reasoning needs some work, you need to think a little deeper before arriving at conclusions 
  Insults as usual. Y'all cldn't even attempt to disprove this statement of mine:
Doesn’t it interest everyone that these same people (anti-virgin crew) always resort to insults?
wink As pertains to your letters in bold;I'm improving daily. I'll continue to improve.Thanks. cool
virginity is important, but face it - you will lose it someday preferably to the one you love on your wedding night, if not then, well move on and don't get stuck on it, there is a heck of a lot more to life than just being a virgin
character and substance matter far more than the untouched or other wise nature of your genitals
   Word!
  Pheew! We at least have stuff we can agree on. wink grin

To finally answer the Topic gangan: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins

The answer is not far-fetched; Men generally want a woman with a sane sexual history. Nobody (or should I just say extremely few people) want to settle down with a woman that's been everywhere, one he's not even sure if his bestman and groomsmen haven't had an orgy with sometime in d past. grin The mentality therefore pervades that the easiest physical means of at least ascertaining a woman has not been sleeping around is virginity.
  I hate to use this analogy and I hope peeps will simply see the logic n' not be offended: it's the same way men wldn't normally buy Tokunbo(a used car) by choice. Everyone wants what's brand new (t's just the way we're wired) and only adverse prevailing circumstances make most people choose otherwise.

My only grouse however is when a man who has been sleeping around himself still determines that only a virgin girl is what's good for him. At least we all know a brand new car comes with a pretty expensive price tag. Why should these cheap (and that's the word cheap) guys feel entitled to such?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by dumi(f): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2007
the funniest thing is they i.e men want to feel releafe from the sins they have comitted with other women.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by shotman(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2007
I dont like girl who are not disvirgins, I Love the one already dis-flower, so i can not marry a girl that is a virgin, because she has not got any experience, she might want to have a taste of It outside after you have disvirgin her.while the one that has already be dis-virgin, has alots of experience.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2007
Since when is "no sexual history" the same as "sane sexual history"? Now He quoted a study in order to be able to say "those who are for abortions have had them before" now he's trying to be slick and say "oh i didnt mean it like that, after all the study was done in the states blah blah"

Dude you arent fooling anyone. Please stick to your promise and dont refer to me. sho gbo?

Thanks.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by SweetT1: 4:03am On Jul 31, 2007
@TOH
What's baby?
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Emad(f): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2007
why dont the boys remain virgins themselves??
lets see how well they can do that
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Veracious(f): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2007
really how can we girls know those guys who are virgins?LOL since they don't have any hymen on, ? i wish there is a way of knowing.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Bolarge(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
I wish so too. Imagine not being able to prove your innocence. cry
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Veracious(f): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ Bolarge

is like you got me wrong. i was refering to the men folks. how can we girls or ladies know the ones(men) who are virgins?

i wish i could get married to one.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by mishoo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2007
Veracious:

Easy now !!!!
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Bolarge(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2007
Veracious:

@ Bolarge

is like you got me wrong. i was refering to the men folks. how can we girls or ladies know the ones(men) who are virgins?

We're saying the same thing dearie. How would a guy who's a virgin prove it to his fiancee? It's not just one-sided you know? Eventually, love and strength of character carry the day.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Veracious(f): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2007
Bolarge:

We're saying the same thing dearie. How would a guy who's a virgin prove it to his fiancee? It's not just one-sided you know? Eventually, love and strength of character carry the day.

you are right. smiley
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Bolarge(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2007
@GriefOfHearts
ThiefOfHearts:

Please stick to your promise and don't refer to me. sho gbo?
Once again u displayed the sheer cowardice and duplicity that characterize you. You're specifically asking me not to refer to you anymore,selective amnesia however makes u forget that it’s not exactly your long suit doing the same for others. Check my posts out. I’m not in the habit of verbal vituperations especially with abused and (of a natural consequence) abusive individuals like yourself but thanks to you there’s presently a need to protect the young minds that are streaming into Nairaland every blessed minute from your poisonous influence so approach to some things are gradually changing.

Pro 26:5  Answer a fool according to his/her foolishness, so that he/she may not be wise in his/her own eyes.

I want to bring it to your remembrance that you (as is typical of u) were the first to get personal. I addressed my post to virgin-bashers/virgin haters and u naturally took on the garb even though deliberately, no name was mentioned in the post. It’s understandable, the cap fits. The undisputed anointed Nairaland apostle of intolerance, hypocrisy and hate.

So as not to appear like I’m avoiding the issues u raised.
For the study shown us in school back in 1998, as much as I’ve tried I couldn’t get it on the internet so I guess I can let u gloat but you’d be a colossal hypocrite if u can’t back unconfirmed hate statements you’re always wont to make up with facts e.g.
ThiefOfHearts:

debo you know very well that most of the people insulting her have already sent their email addresses and phone numbers

Hypocritical Losers
We await the facts, figures,names,numbers n’ dates. No excuses please. You know u can’t afford to fail.

About the no sex /vs sane sex, with another heavy sigh of utter disbelief I opt to clarify: 
Men generally want a woman with a sane sexual history.

Men generally refers to men in general  wink = the vast majority of menfolk are not virgins themselves no thanks to the pervasive immorality of our age and believe me most are not all out/ ie are not 100% bent on having virgins. They are content with a woman who has had 1, maybe 2, at most 3 sexual partners in the past. Ds is what sane sexual history is meant to imply. Once the seal is broken however ( I guess I don’t have to explain what the seal is . Please promise me u won’t ask  wink ) there is no I mean no  guarantee 40men haven’t been there. That is why I humorously brought up the example of bestman and groomsmen but u obviously didn’t geddit didya?  A virgo intacta however puts paid to such doubts about her sexual past.
Are u clear now? If not please come with some crayons n’ I’ll draw u some pictures. grin *sighs*

I honestly wish you’d answer this lingering question:
Since 1. You are not a virgin and 2. u hate virgins and the entire concept of virginity as depicted in your posts hitherto- Please/Du Allah/In God’ s holy name Why are u always on virginity threads? And then only to pronounce derogatory n’ uncomplimentary remarks? Why? Something really eating u up dt bad?  wink  Your words give away a lot more than u intend u know. wink wink grin 
   Like I already said in my earlier post
Bolarge:

NB: Peeps who never even gave virginity a thought i.e. it never was an issue to them will naturally just skip any so-called virginity topic and move on to more interesting stuff. At worst they’d say something like. .”virginity again?, na wa o” and leave it at that.

A good example is my good N’land friend iice who says in her 1st and only post on ds thread:
iice:

Virginity again!
No beef. No yawa.

My 1st post on ds thread:
Bolarge:

Virgin guy marries virgin girl.
      That's my style. cool
End of story.

GriefOfHearts:
ThiefOfHearts:

male insecurity

If you're shitty in bed, why not get with someone that wouldnt know that difference? That's really what it is.

Exactly. They marry the virgin wife yet still go out and cheat on her with the so called experienced whores.

All idiots.
Always hating.

In another thread where I 1st had d misfortune of meeting GOH, titled Is It OK to have sex in courtship? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=30022.msg697686#msg697686  My 1st post went thus:
Bolarge:

No.It's not OK.
No reference whatsoever to anyone virgin or no; nor to previous posters agreeable or not.

GOH went thus:
ThiefOfHearts:

Go ahead.  If he loves you and you love him, why not?

Not even sure why you would ask a bunch of people who scream "stay a virgin!!!!" when they are not one themselves.

Irritating.
Always hating, cldn’t just answer n’ move on as one would expect of someone without issues.
then:
ThiefOfHearts:

I agree with you. People are quite irritating with their hypocrisy esp from what Ive read so far in various threads there

as for the last sentence, lol, I guess she'd have to manage, HAHA
We’re no longer surprised.
ThiefOfHearts:

You are retarded

and when this woman supposedly loses it to her husband, the dignity goes away abi? Didirin.
GOH, do your comments always have to be spiced with your natural element- intolerance,hate n’ insults.
Why the hate girl? Why the hate? Such would be better appreciated in the racism n’ tribalism section don’t u think?
I suggest u just stay away from Romance section since romance is ‘bout love. Whenever u’re on vacation from hell, try n’ stick to the Racism and Tribalism section where your hate n’ intolerance might be better tolerated.

Did I forget to tell u your views are no longer welcome on virginity threads? wink It might just be wisdom on your part to steer clear from now on. Just a piece of advice.

ThiefOfHearts:

Love44, you;re an idiot and that's all i have to say.
Uuugh! Typical. grin
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by Veracious(f): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2007
Bobo, Bolar, Bolar, BOLARGE. ol boy! you too much grin
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by clemcykul(f): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2007
hey keltin! u got the picture right smiley
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by akumbu: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2007
IICE,
I can see u r online? did you graduate from UNN?
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by iice(f): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2007
akumbu. . .sorry no.
Re: Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? by ariblaze(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2007
here i go again

i cant date a virgin talkless of marrying one!

frankly its too much drama

am sure someone has done the favour for me as regards whoever am gonna marry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Sex With A Stranger Almost Cost Me My Life On Xmas Day / 18-Year-Old Australian-German Girl Is Selling Her Virginity (Photos) / US Man Whose Marriage Crashed Because He Was "Too Fat For Sex" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.