Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (25806 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Photo:Few Igbos Become Muslims When They Want To Reap from Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani / Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Enigma(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2011
free123:

NIV Bible is just a wrong version. beware, contradictions abound therein

@free

He was not even using the NIV ----- even the NIV is much better than to do that blatant misrepresentation of Matthew23:23! In any event, wetu's post has destroyed the nonsensical argument.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 11:23am On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

@wetu,

#1: you owe everyone a big apology for telling a VERY BIG LIE. If you dont that, then you are a PROUD FOOL!

Your comments are so full of pooo, just at what point did tithing began in the bible? pls tell everyone.!

My comments are full of the Word of God, maybe that is pooo to you, but it's life to me:

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The law is not for us. If that's a lie to you then you are free to keep the law:

Gal 5:3  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by free123: 11:29am On May 30, 2011
Enigma
i wonder the version he's using
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 11:35am On May 30, 2011
It's not "The Message Bible".
It doesn't even show up on Google.
Could it be a brand new "Prosperity Bible"
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Enigma(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2011
On page 1 he called it "Glatton Contemporary English version". This is what someone said of the CEV:
The Contemporary English Version (CEV) is the American Bible Society's latest English entry. It is aimed at a 3rd grade reading level, but I think it is really more like 2nd grade level. If you don't mind calling Passover "The Feast of Thin Bread," it is OK.

From http://ebible.org/bible/biblefaq.htm

To play the "translation/version" game rather than look into the true underlying intent and meaning of scripture is a disgrace (Joagbaje does it all the time). As I said before, wetu has destroyed the argument anyway because no reasonable person can deny that the tithing Jesus was talking about was the tithing under the law of Moses. It had nothing to do with the tithe of Abram: if we are to follow the tithing of Abram, then "tithing" should be totally voluntary.

EDIT PS 2nd or 3rd grade is like primary school level.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 11:45am On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

Zikkyy,

what is definition of Hypocrite? -

hyp·o·crite
   [hip-uh-krit]

–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

The definition best describes your likes, Kunle(the chief-liar), frosbel-d-hypocrite, petres007(the brainwashed trailer), Ogajim the napkin ranter.

One more thing, please explain to everyone here what you understand by this passage and may the Lord we serve judge you by your words in Jesus name, Amen!  grin grin grin grin

Oya pls explain this verse of the bible, or better still let anyone of the anti-tithers explain this passage for everyone to understand *just know that God's judgement will befall whomever removes anything from God's word*

Here is the passage:
Mtt. 23:23 - You people make me wonder why you adhere strictly to every detail in giving your tithes, but i tell you from henceforth put more emphasis on justice, show mercy to one another and faith towards your God and then give your tithes too.

You are a false prophet, first of , the tithe was agricultural produce, cumin and mint, not money. Remember in the Roman times there was money, so tell me why was money not used to pay the tithe ?

And we are to compare scripture with scripture . We do not take one bible passage in isolation and make a doctrine. When Jesus walked the earth he was still in the period of the LAW.

When He died and rose again the Law and the associated curses were abolished. We are now under the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Problem is people like you are trying to take us back under the Law of sin and death.

Where in the new testament church beginning from the Acts of the Apostle to Revelation was tithing preached ? Instead we were warned that in the last days, false prophets will arise and deceive the innocent flock of God for filthy lucre and financial greed.

God have mercy on you for leading many into error.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 12:01pm On May 30, 2011
Why would any Christian use a Bible that avoids the word Repent
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

Zikkyy,

what is definition of Hypocrite? -

hyp·o·crite
   [hip-uh-krit]

See me see wahala shocked Wetin concern zikkyy with the definition of hypocrite sad It was you who said the condemnation commendation was not just for the scribes and Pharisees, that you are also a beneficiary. I just don’t understand why you are fighting zikkyy for agreeing with you, abi you no want support grin Anyways let’s take another look at that verse again grin

[color=#990000][color=#990000]Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites sorry Tonye-t! grin for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.[/color]

Nna, you are very correct grin Jesus was also referring to you. My brother, nothing do you, please go ahead and pay your tithe in line with (mosaic) law grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2011
@frosbel,

Firstly, you are nothing but a pathetic fool for calling me a false prophet. Abyss awaits filthy souls! quote me!

Secondly, do you need Jesus to teach a thing twice before you make it a practise?

Thirdly, your posts are so dumb! you know why?

Pls open the whole scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and tell me where the word "law of tithing" was ever mentioned?, else you are more than a pathetic fool, you are a foolish pathetic fool. grin grin grin grin

In the OT during the mosaic era, we had laws such as law of heave offering, law of burn offering, law of several other offerings, but there was never any such thing as law of tithing. Doesnt this tell you that tithing was never part of the law?

First most, tithing began before the law - Abraham who existed before the law was the first to have paid tithe. Secondly, Jacob his grandson promised tithing if God would fulfil a promise, later in Genesis God fulfilled the promise, meaning Jacob gave tithes too. all these men existed before Moses was born.

Furthermore, did moses give any such thing as the law of tithe? if you dont give me response then I will raise a boldened letter describing you as a "condemned fool", hypocrite!  grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2011
@Zikky,

2years down the drain, you are still putting on pampers. *shakes head in disgust* grin grin grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:20pm On May 30, 2011
wetu:

Why would any Christian use a Bible that avoids the word Repent

Hey stop the stupid ranting, you owe everyone here an apology for lieing that God was only addressing the priest in tithing and not the whole nation. Be a christian and apologise else you'll be deemed a PROUD FOOL! *second time I am saying this, and I'll say so until you apologize for your intentional lie*

Wondering how many legions your master (Shaitan) unleashed to deceive people here on nairaland. angry angry angry angry you are an agent of darkness tagged for condemnation if you dont apologize for you satanic lie on my innocent gullible brother Petres007. grin grin grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 12:27pm On May 30, 2011
even Abraham's tithe was paid to Melchisedec

Heb 7:3  Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Now to receive tithes, you must be taking the position of a Levite (who are allowed to under the law) or Melchisedec (who is a King-Priest made like unto the Son of God).

No pastor today fits into any of those two positions. No Christian needs to emulate anything Abraham did because:

Gal 3:9  So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:14  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

If you want to emulate the patriarchs go ahead and have as many wives as Jacob had as well.

Rom 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Where is the law of lusting or the law of coveting found in the Bible? May I ask how old you are? You are really childish.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 12:41pm On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

Hey stop the silly ranting, you owe everyone here an apology for lieing that God was only addressing the priest in tithing and not the whole nation. Be a christian and apologise else you'll be deemed a PROUD FOOL! *second time I am saying this, and I'll say so until you apologize for your intentional lie*

Wondering how many legions your master (Shaitan) unleashed to deceive people here on nairaland. angry angry angry angry you are an agent of darkness tagged for condemnation if you dont apologize for you satanic lie on my innocent gullible brother Petres007. grin grin grin

Mal 3:9  Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

"Even this whole nation". You mean the whole nation was robbing God? You mean not a single person was bringing the tithes to the Levites? Is it possible that people stopped bringing the tithes because the Levites were corrupting the covenant?

To the priests:

Mal 2:8  But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

To the people:

Mal 1:7  Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.

Mal 1:8  And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.

It's soo obvious what the priests did in the end, it was the same as the beginning. They went after the way of the sons of Eli. 1 Samuel 2.

I would advise you to read the Bible before considering yourself qualified to know who is for the Lord and who is not.

The people are not allowed into the storehouse and the commandment was obviously for the priests, the Bible says so clearly.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:42pm On May 30, 2011
@ wetu,

With all due repose can you just shut up your filthy comments?! ahah what is your problem sef? If you dont know what to say cant you just keep quiet and allow your satanic cohort continue their deceptive expeditions? *you just dey fall their hands seriously* grin grin grin grin grin

wetu:

even Abraham's tithe was paid to Melchisedec

Who asked you? Is that the issue at hand?, or do you want to still mes up yourself the more?

wetu:

Now to receive tithes, you must be taking the position of a Levite (who are allowed to under the law) or Melchisedec (who is a King-Priest made like unto the Son of God).

I swear your post na mumu one! walai!  grin grin grin grin

wetu:

No pastor today fits into any of those two positions. No Christian needs to emulate anything Abraham did because:

Just imagine!  grin grin grin grin RTFLMAO  grin grin grin make I help you out! Mr.Pathetic liar! grin grin grin

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." - Galatians 3:29

Kunle, make una come comot this una casualty before im go die here o! *Kunle and his toy soldiers*  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

@frosbel,

Firstly, you are nothing but a pathetic fool for calling me a false prophet. Abyss awaits filthy souls! quote me!

Secondly, do you need Jesus to teach a thing twice before you make it a practise?

Thirdly, your posts are so dumb! you know why?

Pls open the whole scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and tell me where the word "law of tithing" was ever mentioned?, else you are more than a pathetic fool, you are a foolish pathetic fool. grin grin grin grin

In the OT during the mosaic era, we had laws such as law of heave offering, law of burn offering, law of several other offerings, but there was never any such thing as law of tithing. Doesnt this tell you that tithing was never part of the law?

First most, tithing began before the law - Abraham who existed before the law was the first to have paid tithe. Secondly, Jacob his grandson promised tithing if God would fulfil a promise, later in Genesis God fulfilled the promise, meaning Jacob gave tithes too. all these men existed before Moses was born.

Furthermore, did moses give any such thing as the law of tithe? if you dont give me response then I will raise a boldened letter describing you as a "condemned fool", hypocrite!  grin grin grin grin

When a false prophet is found out, his true self comes out, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Go and bully or intimidate some naive sheep. I am fully researched into this tithing doctrine and very certain that only greedy people , covetous or deceived will hold on to this doctrine.

Abraham gave a tithe voluntarily out of the SPOILS of war not his personal wealth. Tell me where else Abraham tithed of his own substance ?

So why not practice the entire tithing doctrine which includes buying wine and strong drink and food and eating the tithe in the presence of the LORD.

Of course you omit these parts because your heart is more interested in Money than the Law of GOD.

You are a deceiver and you had better repent before the day of judgement.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2011
@ wetu,

this guy u must be high on garri! I swear!  grin grin grin grin RTFLMAO

Wetin concern Mal.chapt 1 and Chapt 2 with Malachi 3, ok pls retracen your big gaffe with these passages I shall help you with
Read this:

(NLT) Malachi 3:8: "Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.

(NLT) Malachi 3:9: You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2011
@Frosbel,

You are a full fledge anti-tithing mumu! At least now i see that you dont have anything to prove but what your foolish chief - Kunle tells you about tithing. grin grin grin grin

Answer my questions and stop dodging  grin grin grin grin grin and that's if you are a real christian, else I'll always call you a pathetic fool!

I asked:
Pls open the whole scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and tell me where the word "law of tithing" was ever mentioned?,
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 1:01pm On May 30, 2011
How old are you?

Do you know that the original scriptures didn't have chapters? Malachi 1 flows together with Malachi 2 and Malachi 3, the division is merely for our convinience and not for you to pick and choose what you want the Bible to say.

The law of tithing wasn't mentioned in a way that a child would understand it's a law but the fact that it is in Deuteronomy which means second law most adults know it is law.

eb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Tell us where is the law of lust and the law of coveting?
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by dare2think: 1:02pm On May 30, 2011
The ambassadors of Christ are really putting on a show here. God must really be proud about this debate. Atheists must be having a good time.

Never knew we had militant christians. Use and mis-use of bible text in display. Insults thrown all around. Exactly how Jesus spread in the good news.

What a shame.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 1:05pm On May 30, 2011
Atheists also need to know that the prosperity gospel is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1Co 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 30, 2011
@ dare2think

I agree totally but remember that false prophets cannot be taken lightly , they spread a poison that PERVERTS the simplicity of the GOSPEL.

This is how John and Jesus refererred to such.

"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." - Matt 12 :34

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean." - Matt 23:27
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2011
Tonye-t:

The definition best describes your likes, Kunle(the chief-liar), frosbel-d-hypocrite, petres007(the brainwashed trailer), Ogajim the napkin ranter.

I understand why you are angry smiley I know it’s quite difficult to accept when something you’ve always believed in (& practiced) turns out to be a lie. I truly understand, and that’s why I am not willing to return your insults wink But I do think your anger should be directed at your MOG for feeding you lies all this years angry

Tonye-t:

@Zikky,

2years down the drain, you are still putting on pampers. *shakes head in disgust* grin grin grin

I better pass you still going about unclothed grin I will be migrating to boxers very soon grin don’t hesitate to inform me as soon as you are certified old enough to start wearing pampers grin As your very good friend, I still have some used pampers that’s just your size grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Gentleme1: 1:13pm On May 30, 2011
;d ;d
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Gentleme1: 1:14pm On May 30, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 30, 2011
This truth will keep be preached all over the Internet especially forums and you-tube until the elect get the message and abandon these false teachings and their ear tickling teachers.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2011
dare2think:

@ tonye t

I love your belligerent attitude, your Christian mannarism is worthy of emulation.

Jesus must be very proud.

Thank you my brother.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 1:29pm On May 30, 2011
@frosbel,

never knew you were this dumb and timid.

Answer a simple question I asked you:

Pls open the whole scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and tell me where the word "law of tithing" was ever mentioned?,
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 1:29pm On May 30, 2011
Zikkyy:

I understand why you are angry smiley I know it’s quite difficult to accept when something you’ve always believed in (& practiced) turns out to be a lie. I truly understand, and that’s why I am not willing to return your insults wink But I do think your anger should be directed at your MOG for feeding you lies all this years angry

I better pass you still going about unclothed grin I will be migrating to boxers very soon grin don’t hesitate to inform me as soon as you are certified old enough to start wearing pampers grin As your very good friend, I still have some used pampers that’s just your size grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by dare2think: 1:49pm On May 30, 2011
@ tonye t

You are welcome.

But dude, Pls look up "SARCASM".

By the way, are you GENTLE ME ?

Because he just wrote something similar to your recent post, then he decided to modify it, hence the incoherent post.

Am sure Frosbel noticed.

What is going on?
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2011
Similar to what Jagoon asked if i was VIARO

Then ttalks said i was OLABOWALE

Now Dare2think is suggesting i am GENTLE ME. You know what,maybe I should say yes, since they all stand for tithing and its true relevance. Even my master was given many names.

". . . just whom do men say I am" undecided
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Enigma(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2011
dare2think:

@ tonye t
. . .

By the way, are you GENTLE ME ?

Because he just wrote something similar to your recent post, then he decided to modify it, hence the incoherent post.

Am sure Frosbel noticed.

What is going on?

Hmmm, you have touched on something interesting! I have just quickly gone through Gentle Me's posts and it reveals some interesting things; anyway, that is for another time/day.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2011
^^^ I can even help you. I'll be back with references . . .very plenteous. angry angry

Enigma, why dont you come out and bail your foolish brothers and pls dont fail to reveal your new discovery undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins / Apostle Suleman: Why I Won’t Take COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.