Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

How To Customize A Forum - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Customize A Forum (1051 Views)

Would Love To Develop A Forum / How To Build A Forum Website Like Nairaland .com / Is It Difficult To Build A Forum Like Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 12:02pm On May 27, 2011
Hi room,
i need assistance on how to add banner header image on my forum and i also need pple to popularize the forum with post.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 27, 2011
Another reason we need a moderator,
wu giv dis mugu keyboard sef?
Re: How To Customize A Forum by netghost: 5:18pm On May 27, 2011
musKeeto:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Customize A Forum by kodewrita(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2011
@muskeeto He is actually making use of this forum as it was meant to be used. If you have the answer, provide it. DONT INSULT THOSE LESS KNOWLEDGEABLE, it gives the impression you dont really know the answer and dont even know that much about computers and would rather cover it with mockery and insults.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 27, 2011
He's asking for assistance to add a banner to his forum.
Then wants us to 'spam' his forum.

and u xpect me to be courteous?

If one needs a solution, there's a way to present the problem.

Alright, to avoid any confusion or arguments,(and with my tiny hope of making MOD grin) I'm sorry.
Can you please rephrase your question, cos it look like you're asking for free traffic?
Re: How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2011
@musKeeto i am not looking for free traffic , wat i mean is that how can i add my logo banner to my forum, and i need people that would inspired the forum with good post that's what i mean, try and understand,
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mashnino(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2011
CRIOUSLY U NID TO LEARN SO MANT THINGS, IF U HAVE SUM BASIC KNOWLEDGE ON HTML AND CSS, DIS WULDN'T B HARD FOR U, GUY ALL U NID TO DO IS LOCATE THE THEME FOLDER AND FROM THERE DO THE REST I CNT RILY TALK MUCH NW
Re: How To Customize A Forum by Dolemite(f): 5:12pm On May 28, 2011
musKeeto:

Another reason we need a moderator,
Highly uncalled for, in a properly functioning forum YOU would be banned.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by Godmother(f): 6:58pm On May 28, 2011
Dolemite:

Highly uncalled for, in a properly functioning forum YOU would be banned.

grin
Where are the mods? tongue
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mrperfect(m): 11:47pm On May 29, 2011
Which Platform are you using? if is smf you don't need html or css to do that is very simply.
Let me know.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2011
@mrperfect its smf i am using, how can i design it ?
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mrperfect(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2011
Design the Logo size you want and upload it to your images folder using FTP.
Then, log into your admin section of your forum. Under configuration click Current Theme when it opens under Theme options and Preferences you will see Logo image URL put your ulr which will be: yourwebaddress.com/images/yourlogoname.theextention

Hope this helps?
Re: How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 5:25pm On May 30, 2011
@mrperfect i will try it now, pls one now thing, how can i protect my website and my forum from hackers? cause i am noticing so spam post on my forum
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mrperfect(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2011
Update your forum and mods with latest version, concerning bot posting there are many mods in the smf mod section to stop or control that depends on what you want to do.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2011
@mrperfect i have upload the image in my public html file but it dont appeal ,
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mrperfect(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2011
You should upload it to "images folder" in public html
Then follow above instruction. Remember to save it after adding the url on your admin section.
Also when you type www.yoururl.com/images/logoname.png
or gif whaterver extention you will be able to see it.
Re: How To Customize A Forum by fd4all234(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2011
@mrperfect, let leave the image for now, i just notice that spammers are trying to spam my forum, pls help me what can i do for them not to enter my forum any more, and how can i configure my forum so any body that register most verified from there email before they can login
Re: How To Customize A Forum by mrperfect(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2011
I hope your problem is solved.

(1) (Reply)

Gamers Vm Programming Examples / Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? / Need Assistance With A Java Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.