Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor (3481 Views)

7 Photos That Prove Fashola Has The Perfect Ministerial Portfolio / Since Fashola Has Agreed/confessed To The 78 Million Site / Fashola Has A List Of 37 Commissioners! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 5:30pm On May 27, 2011
In my view, the primary measure of socio-economic progress/development is in the number of people that have better economic prospects and access to basic and good quality social services like education and healthcare. For peeps in Nigeria, with all the "good" Fashola is acclaimed to have wrought in Lagos, are there fewer people living in poverty since Fashola became Governor? Is there a noticeable rise in the economic well-being of the populace? Has the statndard of education, housing and healthcare increased? And do more people have access to these services? What is the use of MOUs and agreements with foreign companies, if these basics are not on ground?
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by phantom(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2011
oya o, eko ile come and answer, grin grin, on second thought,forget it, trying to answer this would be as fruitless as a ram trying to solve a quadratic equation, hmm, now where is katsumoto when you need him
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 6:17pm On May 27, 2011
^^^^

I do not understand. Is my question strange?
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by phantom(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2011
beejaei:

^^^^

on the contrary my bro, very intelligent question, was just expecting the fashola media machine to have a go,
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2011
He has touched my life and that of my mum.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 6:46pm On May 27, 2011
beejaei:

In my view, the primary measure of socio-economic progress/development is in the number of people that have better economic prospects and access to basic and good quality social services like education and healthcare. For peeps in Nigeria, with all the "good" Fashola is acclaimed to have wrought in Lagos, are there fewer people living in poverty since Fashola became Governor? Is there a noticeable rise in the economic well-being of the populace? Has the statndard of education, housing and healthcare increased? And do more people have access to these services? What is the use of MOUs and agreements with foreign companies, if these basics are not on ground?

I am ready for people like you today,nonsense.oya let me start.

Job creation:this has been where most ppl have been knocking fashola as if they are blind to some things.

1)the BRT scheme was able in so many ways to create jobs for so many people,apart from employing the refined danfo drivers who were ready to drop their danfo for the BRT,graduates who also opted for non-white collar jobs were employed as piloters,attendants,supervisors,and even the ticketing has helped some ppl.

2)the lawma scheme was improved and many jobs were created through that.

3)even the landscaping that receives much criticism from ppl generates employment,is it not ppl dat are keeping dose gardens,laying dose tiles,making dose sculptures.

4)recently graduates who were vast in core subjects like maths,english,chemistry etc were employed to curtail d spate of failure in dose subjects.(education)

6)model schools were built,especially secondary schools ,(an example is the one at agidingbi,moshalashi),d one at agidingbi even has A.Cs in the classes nt sure of the others,i would only say the ones i saw.(you do know the constructions of these buildings and supply of needed materials were by some ppl)
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by houvest: 6:50pm On May 27, 2011
Making this thread about fashola is your only mistake. It should bf addressed to all our leaders but especially the over-hyped ones. Fashola issues raise a lot of emotions with battle line drawn branding all his critics as haters. Make it about our leaders generally. Many of them think that development is measured on the glitz and glamour of multibillion dollar projects only. I raised the issue of the UN Indices of development which are close to what you are saying here on another thread but it was dismissed by those who should know better as only for developed countries. Lol. If you can generalise this subject, it may be quite helpful for nl but on the other hand, it might be DOA as it appears that only contentious topics were folks find expression for their tribal supremacism and ventillate their personal and family frustrations thrive most here.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 6:54pm On May 27, 2011
houvest:

Making this thread about fashola is your only mistake. It should bf addressed to all our leaders but especially the over-hyped one. Fashola issues raise a lot of emotions with battle line drawn branding all his critics as haters, and thereby your one mistake is making this thread about fashola as darinka issues raise a lot of unnecessary emotions on nl. Make it about our leaders generally. Many of them think that development is measured on the glitz and glamour of multibillion dollar projects only. I raised the issue of the UN Indices of development which are close to what you are saying here on another thread but it was dismissed by those who should know better as only for developed countries. Lol. If you can generalise this subject, it may be quite helpful for nl but on the other hand, it might be DOA as it appears that only contentious topics were folks find expression for their tribal supremacism and ventillate their personal and family frustrations thrive most here.

OGA,park well jor.has anyone labelled him a Hater here.abeg sun soun
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 6:59pm On May 27, 2011
@pharoh n OP,if u want more talk.am using a mobile,dats y i just listed a few.soif u want more.TALK
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2011
Among the schools
being rehabilitated included the
governor's alma mater, Birch
Freeman High School, which is
located at a busy metropolis of
Surulere.

the
rehabilitation and construction
of well furnished new blocks of
classrooms, distribution of free
text books, provision of well
equipped laboratories and
libraries, provision of buses for
teachers and students to ease
transportation problems, re-
launch of uniformed voluntary
organizations in the state ’s
public schools, implementation of
Teachers ’ Salary Scale (TSS) for
teachers in the state public
schools, evolvement of the‘Adopt
a School Initiative’, among others.
The Fashola administration also
sustained the payment of the
West African Examination Council
and the National Examination
Council (NECO) for all of SS3
students in public secondary
schools in the State as part of the
support for education of the
people. The administration has
also offered scholarships and
bursaries to students in various
educational institutions. In the
same vein, the administration
has continued to use the yearly
Lagos State Education Summit to
generate new ideas that will take
the education sector to new
heights.

the only place i can say he neglected in education are the Tertiary Instituitions.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Mariory(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2011
beejaei:

^^^^

Your question is not strange, but asking it on nairaland and expecting some kind of accurate result measure is a bit of an oxymoron. What you should be doing is standing on the streets of Lagos and asking random people this question.

The results of the recent elections are the best measure we have at the moment. And they favour BRF massively.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On May 27, 2011
Is Birch Freeman High School a public school?  undecided I know Birch Freeman High School is Fashola's Alma mater and I know the school's alumni has been contributing to refurbishing the school for years( You can find them online and on facebook to learn of how much they have done so far), but I am not aware that the school is a public school as well.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 8:13pm On May 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is Birch Freeman High School a public school?  undecided I know Birch Freeman High School is Fashola's Alma mater and I know the school's alumni has been contributing to refurbishing the school for years( You can find them online and on facebook to learn of how much they have done so far), but I am not aware that the school is a public school as well.

yep,it is a public school just with an active alumni,which most public skools dont av.but d renovation was by d govt.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by houvest: 8:49pm On May 27, 2011
@mithel. Just wait. A few more pages.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Katsumoto: 9:16pm On May 27, 2011
phantom:

oya o, eko ile come and answer, grin grin, on second thought,forget it, trying to answer this would be as fruitless as a ram trying to solve a quadratic equation, hmm, now where is katsumoto when you need him

Why me now? What do you need me for? grin

@OP
These questions have been asked in many threads; please try to do a search on NL.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On May 27, 2011
mithel:

yep,it is a public school just with an active alumni,which most public skools dont av.but d renovation was by d govt.

So, is it safe then to state that the rehabilitation of that school, was not wholly done by Fashola, the Governor(I can't confirm how much state money actually went towards this), but also by the alumni association which Fashola(the person) happens to be a member of? I say this because I am 100% sure that the schools alumni has been gathering money for different renovations over the years. I know of one of them and he happens to be proud of that fact.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by jmaine: 9:39pm On May 27, 2011
[size=14pt]The Trolls would soon be here with their nasty side  cheesy cheesy . .Just watch out [/size]
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 10:47pm On May 27, 2011
beejaei:

82% voting Lagosians felt Fashola's positive impact on their lives when they overwhelmingly asked him to keep working on their behalf.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 11:10pm On May 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

82% voting Lagosians felt Fashola's positive impact on their lives when they overwhelmingly asked him to keep working on their behalf.

GBAM
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Mynd44: 12:26am On May 28, 2011
The ideology that Lagos belongs to us all where people are concious of the fact that the state has to be protected by them is enough
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 5:52pm On May 28, 2011
wow! wonderful!

People are so blind by ideology and herd mentality. No one put up any kind of proof of development. No assessment by any non-partisan body like the UN arm that measures development etc. People are just bringing anecdotal evidence and presenting it as proof. Fashola supporter's, please show us that before Fashola there wewre x number of quality schools and after Fashola there are now X+y or X-y number of quality schools etc etc. No one answered the questioons posed. NL is so , What was the voters turnout in the last guber elections? Aboout 33%. "In Lagos State which has six million registered voters, only about 2million voted, representing about 33 per cent." And the last census concluded that there are about 15 million people in lagos. 1,509113 voted for fashola, so in effect, he was reelcted by 10% of the population. @Eko-Ile, does this still sound like some outstanding mandate to you?

Can someone on ground in Lagos give evidence, both empirical and as a result of their feeling of the vibe in the city, of the difference between Fashola and the past governors? Is it a big difference? Or is he overhyped? If I went back home today, will there be a noticeable and concrete difference in the lives of my family and friends? I ask because despite all the praise fashola receives, when i call home, all I hear is that things are hard.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 6:21pm On May 28, 2011
beejaei:

wow! wonderful!

People are so blind by ideology and herd mentality. No one put up any kind of proof of development. No assessment by any non-partisan body like the UN arm that measures development etc. People are just bringing anecdotal evidence and presenting it as proof. Fashola supporter's, please show us that before Fashola there wewre x number of quality schools and after Fashola there are now X+y or X-y number of quality schools etc etc. No one answered the questioons posed. NL is so , What was the voters turnout in the last guber elections? Aboout 33%. "In Lagos State which has six million registered voters, only about 2million voted, representing about 33 per cent." [b]And the last census concluded that there are about 15 million people in lagos. 1,509113 voted for fashola, so in effect, he was reelcted by 10% of the population. @Eko-Ile, does this still sound like some outstanding mandate to you?[/b]Can someone on ground in Lagos give evidence, both empirical and as a result of their feeling of the vibe in the city, of the difference between Fashola and the past governors? Is it a big difference? Or is he overhyped? If I went back home today, will there be a noticeable and concrete difference in the lives of my family and friends? I ask because despite all the praise fashola receives, when i call home, all I hear is that things are hard.

What's your point really? You might as well say f'u'c'k elections if we can't get 100% voting electorates to the ballots. Your flawed understanding of elections and civic activities betrayed your ill informed write up. Regardless, the majority @ 82% passed a strong vote of confifende and asked him to look out for them for another 4 years.

Obviously, he touched their lives and they want more of it.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 6:50pm On May 28, 2011
My point is you cannot use the elctions to justify your assumption that Fashola is doing an excellent job. Plus, the ad hominem attacks are unnecessary. i know you are smart so leave out the insults. If you are claiming that 82% voted for Fashola, I am reminding you that as a percentage of the lagos population, Fashola voters do not represent a huge vote of confidence or some sort of affirmation that he is doing a good job. Chickena
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 6:59pm On May 28, 2011
beejaei:

My point is you cannot use the elctions to justify your assumption that Fashola is doing an excellent job. Plus, the ad hominem attacks are unnecessary. i know you are smart so leave out the insults. If you are claiming that 82% voted for Fashola, I am reminding you that as a percentage of the lagos population, Fashola voters do not represent a huge vote of confidence or some sort of affirmation that he is doing a good job. Chickena

Why do you people equate everything with insults? Do you mind showing me the insults?

So in your mind, any elections in Lagos state where 18 million Lagosians or the 6 million registered voters didn't make it to the polls means nothing and we should pay any attention to the elections and results even when it's a landslide victory like Fashola just scored?

Why do we have elections sef? I'll leave if here beacuse I really feel like saying something to you, but you'll come back and yell some silly insults allegations.

But you really need to shut up because you sound so ignorant and very off the rail.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Pharoh: 7:01pm On May 28, 2011
beejaei:

Can someone on ground in Lagos give evidence, both empirical and as a result of their feeling of the vibe in the city, of the difference between Fashola and the past governors? Is it a big difference? Or is he overhyped? If I went back home today, will there be a noticeable and concrete difference in the lives of my family and friends? I ask because despite all the praise fashola receives, when i call home, all I hear is that things are hard.

Building roads and estates while planting flowers around is now development in the eyes of people. Don't waste your time because there has never been actual research with regards to the impact. I think for sure that the gdp per capital for lagos would have increased but when measured with other criteria for living standard then i think fashola has not performed.

Please in case you people do not understand, we are asking for changes as pertaining to

1) Education standard
2) Poverty level rate
3) Access to and the quality level of healthcare
4) Access to luxury goods ( cable tv, refrigeration, air conditioners etc )
5) access to social and public amenities like clean water.

You guys should look into human development index before blowing fashola's trumpet, it is not by planting flowers but impacting on peoples lives. He is really trying but he surely needs criticism to make him do better and channel development effort to the right places.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 7:35pm On May 28, 2011
Pharoh:

Building roads and estates while planting flowers around is now development in the eyes of people. Don't waste your time because there has never been actual research with regards to the impact. I think for sure that the gdp per capital for lagos would have increased but when measured with other criteria for living standard then i think fashola has not performed.

Please in case you people do not understand, we are asking for changes as pertaining to

1) Education standard
2) Poverty level rate
3) Access to and the quality level of healthcare
4) Access to luxury goods ( cable tv, refrigeration, air conditioners etc )
5) access to social and public amenities like clean water.

You guys should look into human development index before blowing fashola's trumpet, it is not by planting flowers but impacting on peoples lives. He is really trying but he surely needs criticism to make him do better and channel development effort to the right places. 

The fact that you keep repeating planting flowers took away the credibility you never had, it  highlights your own ignorance about the subject matter.

Who do you think is drinking off the 15 water water works he built in less than 4 years?

Who do you think is riding the BRT and Lag bus?

Who do you think is driving and walking on the roads and bridges he built?

Who do you think he built the hospitals and clinics for?

Who is beneffiting from the skills and vocational centers he built all over the state and the money he gave the graduates to start their own businesses?

Who do you think attend the new model schools he's building all over the state?

Who do you think is benefiting from the rural electrification program and the transformer manufaturing factory he built?

Who is going to benefit from the new power plants he built to supply 24/7 electricity to the 2 major public hospitals in the state?

Who is going to be riding the metro rail? What about the 2,000 Employed lagosians working on the project during after construction?

Who is going to benefit from the new 10 lane Badagry express way? What about the thousands of Lagosians working on the project and collecting paychecks to feed their families?

Who do you think is benefiting from the many agencies he created including Lasema that rescued Lagos coppers from the violence in the North?

Answer the questions and relieve your own ignorance and stupidity.

We sit here and post so many great things this man is doing for his peple, but disgruntled and ignorant people like you see nothing but flowers.

How else do you touch people's lives? I really need you to educate us beyond you slilly and shallow flowers fixations.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 8:34pm On May 28, 2011
Why do you people equate everything with insults? Do you mind showing me the insults?

So in your mind, any elections in Lagos state where 18 million Lagosians or the 6 million registered voters didn't make it to the polls means nothing and we should pay any attention to the elections and results even when it's a landslide victory like Fashola just scored?

Why do we have elections sef? I'll leave if here beacuse I really feel like saying something to you, but you'll come back and yell some silly insults allegations.

But you really need to shut up because you sound so ignorant and very off the rail.

I cease to pretend I can have a respectful and intelligent discussion with you.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 8:39pm On May 28, 2011
beejaei:

I cease to pretend I can have a respectful and intelligent discussion with you.

Ignorance is never the best form of intelligent discussion.

Try get yourself some civic education knowledge or book to read.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by beejaei: 9:18pm On May 28, 2011
Lol. Ignorance you say? Assuming I am ignorant, is that not why I am here asking questions from people on the ground in Lagos? How old are you? Just want to make sure I am not talking to someone that just took Econ 101 last semester.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 9:44pm On May 28, 2011
beejaei:

Lol. Ignorance you say? Assuming I am ignorant, is that not why I am here asking questions from people on the ground in Lagos? How old are you? Just want to make sure I am not talking to someone that just took Econ 101 last semester.

We all have our ignorant moment, but we don't discard away obvious answers to our ignorance. I provided an answer, but you follishly refused to accept it because you know nothing about elections, the reasons we conduct elections and the consequences of elections.

What's my age got to do with your ignorance anyways?

Are we talking about economics too?

Sounds like Fashola is the least of your worries, you got other pressing personal issues to worry about.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by mithel(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2011
@EKO ILE,i dnt know why you are bothering with them.

@d person,dat said,anytym he calls home,they say things are hard,WELL,FYI,WEN MOST PPL CALL DEIR RELATIVES ABROAD TOO,DEY SAY TINS R NT EASY O.so what were you tryin to point out.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On May 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So, is it safe then to state that the rehabilitation of that school, was not wholly done by Fashola, the Governor(I can't confirm how much state money actually went towards this), but also by the alumni association which Fashola(the person) happens to be a member of? I say this because I am 100% sure that the schools alumni has been gathering money for different renovations over the years. I know of one of them and he happens to be proud of that fact.

I just got confirmation today that Fashola(the Govenor) was not really responsible for the schools renovation, but the alumni was.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What My Uncle Told Me About The Missing $9.3million / Why Hasn't The Price Of Diesel Fallen? / History: Akintola Died, "Death Of A True Warrior". Guns Blazing Like Scar Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.