Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan (3566 Views)

Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Eziachi: 5:47pm On May 27, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan said yesterday that he was under tremendous pressure by lobbyists seeking to influence his choice of ministers that will serve under his new cabinet.

The president stated that a greater percentage of those lobbying – mainly politicians – do not have the interest of the country at heart.

Jonathan, who stated this at the 2011 presidential inauguration lecture with the theme “A Transformation Agenda for Accelerating National Development” delivered by Prof. Ladipo Adamolekun, assured that he was committed to transforming Nigeria.

He also observed that the major challenge of the nation’s development and transformation was her leaders, while stating that “many of the leaders we have are those who shot, rigged, influenced and manipulated their way to power without national interest but the personal interest of fielding either their wives, sisters and brothers or other family members without integrity and credibility.

So far, only about 10 per cent of those l have seen are sincere and are of integrity, having the interest of the nation at heart, going by those who they are lobbying for, armed with the conviction and track record of their candidate’s antecedents, while over 80 per cent are based on sentiment”.

The president said that the transformation which the nation seeks cannot happen through sentiment, adding that there were two categories of leaders. Those elected, according to him, are the president, the governors, National Assembly members, local government chairmen and councillors while the next categories are the ministers and other appointed aides.

Jonathan said: “How leaders emerge is very critical if we must experience transformation in the nation. People should be allowed to choose who they want to lead them, which gives the electorate the power to demand accountability from the elected officers and the ability to remove them from office if the need arises.

“Other categories of leaders are those appointed but these set must be credible, well qualified for the position of which they are appointed into. Their appointment should not be based on sentiment but the interest of the nation.”

Jonathan said that “tenure of leaders also affects transformation, governance and quality of leadership. Elected and appointed leaders should be able to stay long in office as stipulated in the constitution as to be able to deliver on the mandate of their office”.

Speaking on the issue of electoral credibility especially as it concerns the 2011 elections, the president stated that he knew that the only way to get it right was by appointing a credible umpire, stressing that he did it by appointing Prof. Attahiru Jega.

“l was committed to conducting a credible, free and fair election as a sitting president with nothing to lose because, whether l lost or won, l would be making a name for myself. It will be observed that litigations arising from the 2011 elections have been reduced by 80 per cent, which l strongly believe will drop by 90 per cent by 2015”.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/248/2011/05/27/new_cabinet_i%E2%80%99m_under_serious_pressure_president.html
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 5:52pm On May 27, 2011
I dey laugh o! Fresh air indeed

Who is he trying to decieve? I reject this obonge lies IJN. Ameem
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Eziachi: 5:52pm On May 27, 2011
Well Sir, it time to pay the digger man. All those risk of voters intimidation snatching of ballot box or the 89 percent turn out with 99.6 percent perfect vote share for you, you really think its comes with nothing or free?
Its pay back time Oga, there is no such thing as a free lunch as they say.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by jumobi1(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2011
Source Pls
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Eziachi: 6:00pm On May 27, 2011
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Odunnu: 6:58pm On May 27, 2011
Being underpressure is an understatement, we know and are praying for you to apply wisdom in your choices. We are behind you.
Dont mind the likes of Rhino and Eziachi, they are always angry and bitter.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by jmaine: 7:38pm On May 27, 2011
The president carried out a S.W.O.T analysis of a situation and the best people could come up with are undue and hilarious antagonistic posts . . . . it's a beauty he is abreast with the situation and you can only tackle a problem properly when you can identify and quantify it . . So why all this aimless posts, and please you all have the next four years to either work or criticize constructively . .lest you die while hating due to unnecessary high BP   
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by CyberG: 7:40pm On May 27, 2011
Whiner president. . .enjoy Nigeria! grin grin
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 7:47pm On May 27, 2011
The likes of Rhino are always bittered because things are not moving the way they are supposed.

They are very bitter and angry that another 4 years is about to be wasted due to total ignorance and sentiments.

They are very angry because of the person piloting the affairs of this nation does not have a clue on how to navigate the country through storms or rain and hence they are not ruling out the possibility of crashing or mid air explosion.

They are angry due to constant noise generated by generators within the neighbourhood and the total darkness the country is subjected to by criminality of PDP.

The likes of Rhino can NEVER be happy until things started changing in reality NOT on the pages of news papers. Sure the likes of Rhino wanted to be happy if possible.

Odunnu:

Being underpressure is an understatement, we know and are praying for you to apply wisdom in your choices. We are behind you.
Dont mind the likes of Rhino and Eziachi, they are always angry and bitter. 
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Ibime(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2011
If GEJ doesn't pass this test (ministerial selection), his whole tenure would be a write off.

Let's see how many debts GEJ owes.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Ibime(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2011
Eziachi,

Kedu your Edgeware clan? Your third niece should be dropping a parcel soonest, whilst Ari would be made Cardinal soon if he continues his current rate of involvement in the Catholic church.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Eziachi: 10:48am On May 28, 2011
Ibime:

Eziachi,

Kedu your Edgeware clan? Your third niece should be dropping a parcel soonest, whilst Ari would be made Cardinal soon if he continues his current rate of involvement in the Catholic church.
Sorry you got me a bit lost there, I don't quite get the gist.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Ibime(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2011
I was asking after your relatives, Achikes clan.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by chamber2(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2011
I still maintain, this GEJ remains the only sincere president Nigeria have had since 1999.It takes only a sincere leader to make such public statements about how his ministers are selected and the degree of lobbying involved.

I have confidence in you sir, ride on
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by ziccoit: 2:54pm On May 28, 2011
In the past 12 years of PDP's ruling (they don't serve but rule) and going by the ways and manners our presidents got elected through settlements and other heavy electoral malpractices , the only time PDP would have got it right was during the early period of OBJ's first term but the man blew it.

With the party's structure today, a president who is the product of such a structure should not be expected to build a working system. The Nigeria system today is not developmental oriented. Who will eventually do the magic would be ready to destroy the statu quo, step on toes in order to build a working system and bring forth the developments.

GEJ is too soft to make such happen. Nigerians need a strong minded leader, a go getter not a politician. GEJ is a politician. He has already been telling the truths about how limited is his ability to move Nigeria forward.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by jmaine: 6:09pm On May 28, 2011
And sure the kinda strong man we needed definitely was not the expired crying general . . . The key in greasing and gearing up the present administration for growth is appointing willing technocrats to contribute their expertise and quota to make things happens . . . In the absence of people not seeing his list, i wonder why this sudden feeling of inner pain is making some people to make false conclusions by forcing themselves to believe that Nigeria is doomed. Simply because a certain blood thirsty individual was denied by the majority  . . . Good news brethren, you can whine on nairaland all you like but your whining stops here . . .  cool
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by juman(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2011
Let PDP use all the magic wands they have to make things work this time around.

Their leaders, elders and all their members should put all their effort together to make their government deliver.

No excuse again.

Opposition is strong enough to eject them.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by PapaBrowne(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2011
Ibime:

If GEJ doesn't pass this test (ministerial selection), his whole tenure would be a write off.

Let's see how many debts GEJ owes.

Totally agree!!!

However, this article is a pointer to the fact that he would get it right!!
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Eziachi: 7:04pm On May 28, 2011
Ibime:

I was asking after your relatives, Achikes clan.
Okay!I got you now. No I don't get to see much of them anymore as they got house or houses here now in London to stay and myself I have moved to much more quiet Surrey town of Falham for some peac away from London, which I come in now at least twice a week to help out my son at the clinic,
But I heard they shuttle now between here and the United State and the man himself, I spoke to him on the week of the presidential election but not about politics though, mainly my health issues.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by ziccoit: 4:27am On May 29, 2011
I wonder why a fellow would wake up from the wrong side of his bed thinking with his spinal cord that only GEJ or Buhari could have turned things around for the best out of about 18 presidential contestants and 150million population? Why the numerical advantage shouldn't be a source of strength baffled me.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by manny4life(m): 4:31am On May 29, 2011
jmaine:

The president carried out a S.W.O.T analysis of a situation and the best people could come up with are undue and hilarious antagonistic posts . . . . it's a beauty he is abreast with the situation and you can only tackle a problem properly when you can identify and quantify it . . So why all this aimless posts, and please you all have the next four years to either work or criticize constructively . .lest you die while hating due to unnecessary high BP   

SWOT Analysis? What has SWOT Analysis got to do with this? No offense but that caught me off guard because if u knew in depth of what SWOT is, u will agree with me that it's somewhat irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Mr. President be cautious in your choosing and be prudent in your dealings.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by jmaine: 5:15am On May 29, 2011
manny4life:

SWOT Analysis? What has SWOT Analysis got to do with this? No offense but that caught me off guard because if u knew in depth of what SWOT is, u will agree with me that it's somewhat irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Mr. President be cautious in your choosing and be prudent in your dealings.

Your were correct when you spoke about the depth of a SWOT, but let's forget about being very dogmatic  . .  . . a SWOT  in a lay man terms is simply an appraisal system used in a decision making process to achieve certain objectives. IMO, what the man did was assess the peculiar situation he is in and has identified what needs to be done and strengthened   . . . maybe the word evaluate  would have been more appropriate  . . .  my bad . . .

But it baffles me when people keep talking about weakness being a huge factor . .they seem to forget the fact that this Nation is where it is today because the so called strong have been holding sway for a long time often been recycled . . .  What we need are people who are capable and are willing to serve the nation get into political positions,then the law strengthened to acts as checks for defaulting individuals . . then every other things follows suit . .

Until we see his list, then it is very premature for people to start making assumptions based on their prejudiced mindset

BTW, the embolden part in your post reflects a good mindset irrespective of your stand pre- election period . .
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Nobody: 5:16am On May 29, 2011
Lmfao what a precious fresh air, oh I mean indeed
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by chamber2(m): 6:48am On May 29, 2011
Your were correct when you spoke about the depth of a SWOT, but let's forget about being very dogmatic . . . . a SWOT in a lay man terms is simply an appraisal system used in a decision making process to achieve certain objectives. IMO, what the man did was assess the peculiar situation he is in and has identified what needs to be done and strengthened . . . maybe the word evaluate would have been more appropriate . . . my bad . . .

But it baffles me when people keep talking about weakness being a huge factor . .they seem to forget the fact that this Nation is where it is today because the so called strong have been holding sway for a long time often been recycled . . . What we need are people who are capable and are willing to serve the nation get into political positions,then the law strengthened to acts as checks for defaulting individuals . . then every other things follows suit . .

Until we see his list, then it is very premature for people to start making assumptions based on their prejudiced mindset

BTW, the embolden part in your post reflects a good mindset irrespective of your stand pre- election period . .

you have been corrected already.This is not a classroom
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by yelanst(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2011
[quote][/quote]The likes of Rhino are always bittered because things are not moving the way they are supposed.

They are very bitter and angry that another 4 years is about to be wasted due to total ignorance and sentiments.

They are very angry because of the person piloting the affairs of this nation does not have a clue on how to navigate the country through storms or rain and hence they are not ruling out the possibility of crashing or mid air explosion.

They are angry due to constant noise generated by generators within the neighbourhood and the total darkness the country is subjected to by criminality of PDP.

The likes of Rhino can NEVER be happy until things started changing in reality NOT on the pages of news papers. Sure the likes of Rhino wanted to be happy if possible.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Bensonite: 4:29pm On May 29, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The likes of Rhino are always bittered because things are not moving the way they are supposed.

You are right. Things not been the way expected but lets be constructive in criticising.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by mensdept: 5:59pm On May 29, 2011
Yes, You are under "Pressure" especially when you see the most useless list of nominees from the bastards in Abia
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by mrperfect(m): 10:26pm On May 29, 2011
Well, we are hoping for the best from you Sir.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by QualityShare: 2:56am On May 30, 2011
All GEJ haters, please go hug wet transformer angry angry angry

Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by jamace(m): 11:14am On May 30, 2011
Yield not to the wishes of evil men, oh GEJ.
Re: New Cabinet - I Am Under Tremendous Pressure - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:40am On May 31, 2011
QualityShare:

All GEJ haters, please go hug wet transformer angry angry angry
AFta i hug am nko? noting go happen because pdp govt no gree put light for am o, bruz
u go think say na odaechi, nutting go happen grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria / The Truth Finally Comes Out: Why The 4 Uniport Students Were Killed / APC Steering Trouble With Their Campiagn Posters In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.