Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (23178 Views)

PHOTOS: Who Remembers This Family? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 27, 2011
pls i'm almost dying to remember this program, it's not a cartoon. it's about 2 dogs that live in a house(more like people wearing dog costumes), i think they're brothers and they have a clock downstairs that anyone of them hits when they walk indoors to change from either day to night or rain to shine. there are some episodes where one is outside cooking pancakes and throws it up and the other mischievously catches it upstairs. also another episode when one is cooking fish and the mischievous one cut a hole through the ceiling to catch the fish. pls help me remember the name plsss, thanks. oh and they didn't talk just hand gestures, shrugs, shaking heads etc
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2011
Its Chuckle Hounds. It was on channel 10 back then. The annoying thing is, the station often interrupt it for some 'irrelevant' news grin grin.
Yeah the pancake episode brings back fond memories.

5 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 9:19am On May 29, 2011
thank u very much, God bless u!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kevoh(m): 11:21am On May 30, 2011
and this topic made frontpage.na wa ooo.
Anyway back to topic,Yeah i remember chuckle hounds. All this while I thought it was fried eggs in that particular episode not pancakes.nice memories!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by mazamaza: 11:47am On May 30, 2011
yes, chuckle hounds
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by igbsam(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2011
Here they are.

It use 2 be a boring program for me in those days.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by eyoniggar(m): 12:47pm On May 30, 2011
I also forgot the name of the cartoon a year ago, and I was forced to call 9 friends of mine until I was given the final answer.

Very very interesting.I love it when the black one plays the gulf ball and break a glass. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by tobiit(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2011
WOW, dats quite some memorable days. Do u remember the episode of the rain? The rain was falling at one side and not falling at the other, Thany u reminding us the good old day!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 30, 2011
yeah, I rmemba d rain. Faling on d dark one nd nt faling on d white one, *

i always blivd d white one was innocent and d black one was a bully!

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 1:09pm On May 30, 2011
^^
More like the white hound was sanguine and mischevious, and the black one was choleric and dictatorial.

This thread brought back memories! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 1:21pm On May 30, 2011
I am now seeing it for the first time in colour shocked shocked. My family tv back then was black and white.

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 1:39pm On May 30, 2011
Akanniade:

I am now seeing it for the first time in colour shocked shocked. My family tv back then was black and white.

Imagine watching Voltron with red, black, green, blue lions on a black and white TV set. You had to use your imagination to add the colour.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by beejay247: 2:00pm On May 30, 2011
my mum love this program, she has also been trying to remember the name, lol
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by mxxpunkxx: 2:06pm On May 30, 2011
It's so pitiful kids these days watch "rubbish."
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2011
I still watch some of of them on youtube lolz! :

Muppet babies ( One word ANIMAL! LOL )

Muppet show

Sesame street  ( part of the reason I speak flawless English)

Rentaghost

Marmalade Atkins: Educating Marmalade

Ovide

Chucklehounds

Groovie Goolies

The Wind in the Willows ( I love those darn weasels they where confirm Bados)

Count Duckula

Danger Mouse              ( Baron Greenback! )

Spot Billy ( RFLMAO )

Super Ted                     ( Texas Pete!)

Jimbo  and the jetset

Pigeon Street

Bertha

Dodo

Little Prince

Voltron

G-Force: Guardians of Space ( Damn I got one hell of a retentive memory )

Thunder sub    ( Hella dry, probably my worst)

Doctor Who

Robbin Hood

The prince and the Pauper

Oliver Twist

Teddy Ruxpin

Tales By moonlight   ( CLASSIC! Still laugh at those scantily maned lions)

Story land                      ( CLASSIC! )

Telematch

Jaba Jaws

Birdman  and the Galaxy Trio

Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels

Speed racer

Never ending story

Victor and Hugo Bunglers In Crime ( My Bestestest  grin )

He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe

Terrahawks

The Smurfs

The Mighty Mightor

Transformers

Fraggle rock

The Great Space Coaster

The Munch Bunch

Thats one hell of a long list there. Should I go on ? Damn! those where the good old days. All these really bring back nostalgic memories, and I am still in my mid 20's LOL .

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:21pm On May 30, 2011
Damn! after that list I feel like a nerd! Hold up. . . . I am a nerd, or am I ?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 3:22pm On May 30, 2011
^^
You're in your mid twenties and you watched the Munch Bunch? Impossible shocked
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2011
Yuppers. I did watch repeat editions of it. Well I am the fifth child so. . . . . .  catch my drift ?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
You're in your mid twenties and you watched the Munch Bunch? Impossible shocked

I totally concur.
All others maybe, but The Great Space Coaster, G-Force: Guardians of Space , Thunder sub definitely not  angry angry
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2011
I totally concur.
All others maybe, but The Great Space Coaster, G-Force: Guardians of Space , Thunder sub definitely not

rflmao! Thunder sub was like totally boring!!!! I only remember the episode where the star character's dad died, after a huge slab of rock fell  on top of him.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2011
phreakabit:

Yuppers. I did watch repeat editions of it. Well I am the fifth child so. . . . . .  catch my drift ?

Ok no wonder.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by purplekayc(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2011
please continue with the list
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by purplekayc(m): 5:24pm On May 30, 2011
atom ant grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2011
Alias the Jester rocked back then!

purplekayc:

atom ant  grin grin grin grin

Used to envy that freaking ant back then  grin  grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2011
Chorlton And The Wheelies

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop ( Gotta love the ant hill mob)
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Syenite(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2011
@Phreakabit,

U made me shed tears just now while running down that list. cry

I was one of those kids in Lagos then that loved watching TV so much.

Infact I had the programs schedule in my head(though i was still brilliant in school). My favourite cartoon was Voltron.

My younger sister loved the munch bunch then, though I never liked it much.She used to call it mbunchy-bunchy.

I am in my thirties now and still love cartoons, though not as much as I did then.
Children of these days are missing.

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Iysayah(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2011
fraggle rock! loved it. smiley
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 30, 2011
wow,av bin tryin 2 remember d cartoon name 4 ages, channel 10 of those dayz. Who remembers 'Dodo'
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by bandely(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2011
I watched Chuklehounds, I'm in ma early 20s.
Hitherto, I don't know the title! And yes, the episode it rained, I can never forget that!

Thanks ekt_bear for posting that pic.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 30, 2011
wow,av bin tryin 2 remember d cartoon name 4 ages, channel 10 of those dayz. Who remembers 'Dodo'
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 7:30pm On May 30, 2011
CAT A NOOGA CATS, DOG WONDER, THUNDERSUB, MOTOR MOUSE AND AUTOCAT, FLINT STONE, CAAPTAIN AMERICA, SMOO, CLUE CLUB, LOTS OF ANIMATION FROM GERMANY . IT WAS FUN WATCHING THEM ON BLACK AND WHITE THOUGH. ANIMAL GAME ( CLASSIC) THE PUPPET SHOW CLASSIC FROM NTA JOS ) UMGH! tongue smiley
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 7:31pm On May 30, 2011
sORRY PUPPET SHOW FROM NTV JOS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Omashola Cries While Trying To Make Up With Frodd / List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations / Curtailing The Excess Of Prank Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.