Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (23173 Views)

PHOTOS: Who Remembers This Family? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phantom(m): 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
^i feel you my man, 321 contact with 'the bloodhound gang' in it, Although not childrens shows,do you guys remember 'dempsey and makepeace', 'crown court' ( popsi loved this show like mad), kessingsheen show ( NTA aba), father downings mysteries, hotel de jordan, samanja, koko close, inside out, hotcash (willy willy),

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kokoA(m): 12:45am On Dec 30, 2011
phantom:

hotcash (willy willy),

grin ; That dude scred me to death!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2011
lumargin:

I am trying to remember 2 programmes from NTA 2 Channel 5:

One was aired on a weekday evening (Tuesdays or Wednesdays) about 2 boys in a huge somewhat haunted castle with a butler & maid. It was british and set in the 18th or 17th century. The castle or humongous house they lived it had all sorts of secret passage ways e.g. like a book case turning to a door that led to another section of the chamber

The second one aired on Saturday evenings in the late 80s it was set on a farm with very rough looking people - I cannot tell if it was American or British because I could not distinguish accents at the time. But it was about white settlers in a village living in very rough conditions in the 19th century. There were punishments like flogging, hanging and loads of guns. Their main means of transportation was by horse back and the main actor was a dark long haired chap & all the actors looked dirty most times. Thinking about it, it must have been american.

I would give anything to get the names of these two programmes.
What a huge shame NTA 2 Channel 5 does not even have a website!!!

Hazarding a guess . . The Flaxton Boys, and Luke's Kingdom wink.
The Flaxton boys lived in Flaxton Hall with their mother, and their father (Captain Flaxton) was away to war in the Crimea. The boys were trying to find the family jewels, while battling to scuttle their family's enemy, Sir Peregrine Stilgoe, from getting his hands on the Hall.

The other one sounds like Luke's Kingdom, starring Oliver Tobias as Luke. Very brutal series that aired at 6pm on Saturdays on NTA 2 Channel 5. Focused on life in colonial Australia.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lekside44(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2012
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT WITH THE NAME OF THIS PROGRAM

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A DOG WHO PERFORMS SOME HEROIC ACTION. THE PROGRAM USED TO BE SHOWN IN THE EARLY 80S ON LTV 8 OR LAGOS WEEKEND TELEVISION ON SATURDAY MORNING
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by SEFAGO(m): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nice grin! Remember all these cartoons from my childhood. Those of us who were not rich enough to get cable had to make do with the weird and old cartoons that they had on Nigerian screem

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by bobonaija1: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
yeah i dodo , the king knight
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lumargin: 12:43am On Jan 06, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The Flaxton boys lived in Flaxton Hall with their mother, and their father (Captain Flaxton) was away to war in the Crimea. The boys were trying to find the family jewels, while battling to scuttle their family's enemy, Sir Peregrine Stilgoe, from getting his hands on the Hall.

The other one sounds like Luke's Kingdom, starring Oliver Tobias as Luke. Very brutal series that aired at 6pm on Saturdays on NTA 2 Channel 5. Focused on life in colonial Australia.

You are AMAZING - many many thanks
You have made my day - no YEAR!!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lumargin: 12:59am On Jan 06, 2012
AjanleKoko:

My Blog post about "TV Shows I watched as a Kid in the 80′s / 90s" is now complete:
http://olakunle.com/?p=155

You've got one heck of a memory!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by cordj2: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
There is this film, I've forgotten its name, a boy and a dog, the boy will sit down fold his legs and bring out a ring which makes him disappear after stroking the ring. Thats the only scene I can recollect for now.

There is this other one, an Asian worrior with a short cutlass, I guess the name of the movie is Sandoki

Another one, a michievous grass man, that always stay on a cross in a farm, I can't get the name now.

Do anyone in the house remember this magazines; DRUM, SPEAR, BEMBELA, VINTAGE PEOPLE, PRIME PEOPLE, DAUDA
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
lekside44:

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT WITH THE NAME OF THIS PROGRAM

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A DOG WHO PERFORMS SOME HEROIC ACTION. THE PROGRAM USED TO BE SHOWN IN THE EARLY 80S ON LTV 8 OR LAGOS WEEKEND TELEVISION ON SATURDAY MORNING
That should be scrappy doo and scobby doo.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Akanniade(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
Who remembers Shmoo?

, the new shmoo
shmoo, shmoo, shmoo
the incredible shmoo

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Vieira(m): 3:20am On Jan 15, 2012
cordj2:

There is this film, I've forgotten its name, a boy and a dog, the boy will sit down fold his legs and bring out a ring which makes him disappear after stroking the ring. Thats the only scene I can recollect for now.

There is this other one, an Asian worrior with a short cutlass, I guess the name of the movie is Sandoki

Another one, a michievous grass man, that always stay on a cross in a farm, I can't get the name now.

Do anyone in the house remember this magazines; DRUM, SPEAR, BEMBELA, VINTAGE PEOPLE, PRIME PEOPLE, DAUDA

The Asian one has to be Sandokan

The grass man sounds like Worzel Gurmagde he was a scarecrow
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by robosky02(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2014
my catoons those days hmmmmmmmmm
super ted
vultron the defender of the univers
scoobydoo

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by nnamdiosu(m): 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
gmyguy:
i have allo allo 9 seasons, all episodes, envy me?!, i cud hook you up
plsssssss I need it. how can I get it? drop box?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=nnamdiosu post=30960892]plsssssss I need it. how can I get it? drop box?[/quote its well over 30gigs...you gotta come with your hard drive
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by shamsoo: 12:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Thnks to the person who brought up this topic. I think I was in a mild notalgic state of mind so intence that I spent about an hour googling for a clue to remind me the title of this tv show. You guys have no idea of how exiceted I am to see the images of chuckles brothers. smiley
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by MykaelX: 5:15am On Jul 29, 2015
I have a lot of Nostalgia cartoons and Tv shows which were shown on sky one,NTA 2 channel 5,10,7,8 etc BOP TV,UK GOLD,the childrens channel,Sky Movies,Cartoon Network etc.Below is some of what i have: Allo Allo,Alvin and the chipmunks,Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin,Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers,Adventures of the little Prince(incomplete), Astro and the Space Mutts,Battle of the Planets,Bionic 6,Blackstar,Bravestarr,Captain N:Game Master,Care Bears,Chuck Norris and the Karate Commandos,C.O.P.S,Centurions,Danger Mouse,Defenders of the Earth,Dennis the Menace,Denver the last dinosaur,Dogtanian and the three muskehounds,Dungeons and Dragons,Fat Albert andthe cosby kids,Flash Gordon,Fraggle Rock,Galtar and the Golden Lance,Gummi Bears,Gijoe,He-man and the masters of the Universe,Inspector Gadget,Inhumanoids,Jayce and the Wheeled warriors,Jem,Karate Kid,Kidd Video,MASK,Mysterious Cities of gold,Police academy(incomplete),Pole Position,Rambo,Robobcop,Robotix,The real ghostbusters,Sabre Rider and the star sheriffs,Silverhawks,Spiral Zone,Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles,Little Nemo,Ulysses 31,Visionaries,Voltron-Lion Force,Voltron Vehicle force,Vytor the starfire champion,Thundersub,Thundercats,Transformers,Secret squirrel,superted,Robin of sherwood,Faulty towers,Some mothers do have them,Sledgehammer,the wonder years,Brush Strokes,Jane Eyre,Dempsey and Makepeace,TOM GRATTANS WAR,Smurfs,Jabberjaw,Victor and Hugo,the real adventures of jonny quest,Moonlighting and many more.Will gladly share with anyone who wants but i wont be available in Nigeria till middle of september..Just sending a heads up.P(#)

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 16, 2016
phreakabit:
I still watch some of of them on youtube lolz! :

Muppet babies ( One word ANIMAL! LOL )

Muppet show

Sesame street  ( part of the reason I speak flawless English)

Rentaghost

Marmalade Atkins: Educating Marmalade

Ovide

Chucklehounds

Groovie Goolies

The Wind in the Willows ( I love those darn weasels they where confirm Bados)

Count Duckula

Danger Mouse              ( Baron Greenback! )

Spot Billy ( RFLMAO )

Super Ted                     ( Texas Pete!)

Jimbo  and the jetset

Pigeon Street

Bertha

Dodo

Little Prince

Voltron

G-Force: Guardians of Space ( Damn I got one hell of a retentive memory )

Thunder sub    ( Hella dry, probably my worst)

Doctor Who

Robbin Hood

The prince and the Pauper

Oliver Twist

Teddy Ruxpin

Tales By moonlight   ( CLASSIC! Still laugh at those scantily maned lions)

Story land                      ( CLASSIC! )

Telematch

Jaba Jaws

Birdman  and the Galaxy Trio

Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels

Speed racer

Never ending story

Victor and Hugo Bunglers In Crime ( My Bestestest  grin )

He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe

Terrahawks

The Smurfs

The Mighty Mightor

Transformers

Fraggle rock

The Great Space Coaster

The Munch Bunch

Thats one hell of a long list there. Should I go on ? Damn! those where the good old days. All these really bring back nostalgic memories, and I am still in my mid 20's LOL .

hey! I think i am lucky to find you.

Do you know centre ring?

What about that programme shown back then, i really cannot remember the name anymore. It is about a man and a lady.

The man was dressed in a black suit with a bow tie but he was not wearing a trouser; a short knicker, i think. He wore a black socks and his knees were exposed. That's why i think he wore a short and not a trouser. The lady wore either a light blue or green flowing dress, i think.

I think they were both stage performers because there was an audience watching them, i really cannot remember vividly anymore as it has really been a long time and that same programme or episode was rarely shown on TV.

In it, i think the two of them were meant to dance and in the corse of their dance, they decided to hurt each other to the amazement of the audience. It was more like a ball dance. The man would lift the lady up like it is done in such kind of dance, and intentionally leave her from that height. She will drop to the floor and she will get up and in the dance, hurt the man sometimes by slaping him in the face. In the end, she managed to get the man to the floor and she sat on him with her flowing dress, a ball gown, covering almost all of the man's body that only his legs, which he threw in the air as he struggled under the woman, were the only part of his body visible. All the while, she will sit on him and playing with her hair. She eventually got up with the man and it was like the man 'entered' her, it was actually a trick. The whole thing is such that: from the head to the knees wer the woman's, while the knees (part exposed) were the man's. She held the back of her gown high like she dey shakara and they danced from side to side. In the end, the man droped her and they both bowed to the audience and left the stage.

I don't know if you remember this programe. Do you know the name? I have actually thought of going to NTA 2 channel 5 on the Island to see if they still have these programmes in their archive.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
craziebone:

hey! I think i am lucky to find you.

Do you know centre ring?

What about that programme shown back then, i really cannot remember the name anymore. It is about a man and a lady.

The man was dressed in a black suit with a bow tie but he was not wearing a trouser; a short knicker, i think. He wore a black socks and his knees were exposed. That's why i think he wore a short and not a trouser. The lady wore either a light blue or green flowing dress, i think.

I think they were both stage performers because there was an audience watching them, i really cannot remember vividly anymore as it has really been a long time and that same programme or episode was rarely shown on TV.

In it, i think the two of them were meant to dance and in the corse of their dance, they decided to hurt each other to the amazement of the audience. It was more like a ball dance. The man would lift the lady up like it is done in such kind of dance, and intentionally leave her from that height. She will drop to the floor and she will get up and in the dance, hurt the man sometimes by slaping him in the face. In the end, she managed to get the man to the floor and she sat on him with her flowing dress, a ball gown, covering almost all of the man's body that only his legs, which he threw in the air as he struggled under the woman, were the only part of his body visible. All the while, she will sit on him and playing with her hair. She eventually got up with the man and it was like the man 'entered' her, it was actually a trick. The whole thing is such that: from the head to the knees wer the woman's, while the knees (part exposed) were the man's. She held the back of her gown high like she dey shakara and they danced from side to side. In the end, the man droped her and they both bowed to the audience and left the stage.

I don't know if you remember this programe. Do you know the name? I have actually thought of going to NTA 2 channel 5 on the Island to see if they still have these programmes in their archive.

Are you referring to the show, where in some occasions, mostly close to the end of the program they walk through a mirror into a alternate world with people doing things in reverse?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
phreakabit:

Are you referring to the show, where in some occasions, mostly close to the end of the program they walk through a mirror into a alternate world with people doing things in reverse?

no, it is not.

The way i described it is just the way it is.

But what is the name of this one you are now talking about?

It's really been a long time you know. I was under 10 at the time.

Do you know centre ring?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
craziebone:

no, it is not.

The way i described it is just the way it is.

But what is the name of this one you are now talking about?

It's really been a long time you know. I was under 10 at the time.

Do you know centre ring?

Circus center ring. . yup I do.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by RiloKiley: 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
MykaelX:
I have a lot of Nostalgia cartoons and Tv shows which were shown on sky one,NTA 2 channel 5,10,7,8 etc BOP TV,UK GOLD,the childrens channel,Sky Movies,Cartoon Network etc.Below is some of what i have: Allo Allo,Alvin and the chipmunks,Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin,Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers,Adventures of the little Prince(incomplete), Astro and the Space Mutts,Battle of the Planets,Bionic 6,Blackstar,Bravestarr,Captain N:Game Master,Care Bears,Chuck Norris and the Karate Commandos,C.O.P.S,Centurions,Danger Mouse,Defenders of the Earth,Dennis the Menace,Denver the last dinosaur,Dogtanian and the three muskehounds,Dungeons and Dragons,Fat Albert andthe cosby kids,Flash Gordon,Fraggle Rock,Galtar and the Golden Lance,Gummi Bears,Gijoe,He-man and the masters of the Universe,Inspector Gadget,Inhumanoids,Jayce and the Wheeled warriors,Jem,Karate Kid,Kidd Video,MASK,Mysterious Cities of gold,Police academy(incomplete),Pole Position,Rambo,Robobcop,Robotix,The real ghostbusters,Sabre Rider and the star sheriffs,Silverhawks,Spiral Zone,Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles,Little Nemo,Ulysses 31,Visionaries,Voltron-Lion Force,Voltron Vehicle force,Vytor the starfire champion,Thundersub,Thundercats,Transformers,Secret squirrel,superted,Robin of sherwood,Faulty towers,Some mothers do have them,Sledgehammer,the wonder years,Brush Strokes,Jane Eyre,Dempsey and Makepeace,TOM GRATTANS WAR,Smurfs,Jabberjaw,Victor and Hugo,the real adventures of jonny quest,Moonlighting and many more.Will gladly share with anyone who wants but i wont be available in Nigeria till middle of september..Just sending a heads up.P(#)

Hello bro pls are u still around?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Stricker321: 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
phreakabit:
I still watch some of of them on youtube lolz! :

Muppet babies ( One word ANIMAL! LOL )

Muppet show

Sesame street  ( part of the reason I speak flawless English)

Rentaghost

Marmalade Atkins: Educating Marmalade

Ovide

Chucklehounds

Groovie Goolies

The Wind in the Willows ( I love those darn weasels they where confirm Bados)

Count Duckula

Danger Mouse              ( Baron Greenback! )

Spot Billy ( RFLMAO )

Super Ted                     ( Texas Pete!)

Jimbo  and the jetset

Pigeon Street

Bertha

Dodo

Little Prince

Voltron

G-Force: Guardians of Space ( Damn I got one hell of a retentive memory )

Thunder sub    ( Hella dry, probably my worst)

Doctor Who

Robbin Hood

The prince and the Pauper

Oliver Twist

Teddy Ruxpin

Tales By moonlight   ( CLASSIC! Still laugh at those scantily maned lions)

Story land                      ( CLASSIC! )

Telematch

Jaba Jaws

Birdman  and the Galaxy Trio

Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels

Speed racer

Never ending story

Victor and Hugo Bunglers In Crime ( My Bestestest  grin )

He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe

Terrahawks

The Smurfs

The Mighty Mightor

Transformers

Fraggle rock

The Great Space Coaster

The Munch Bunch

Thats one hell of a long list there. Should I go on ? Damn! those where the good old days. All these really bring back nostalgic memories, and I am still in my mid 20's LOL .

God bless you my brother.

Oh! I feel like crying.

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by edunex(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by GANOTAL: 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Does anyone remember the Puppet show that was produced by NTA JOS, it was shown on TV in the late seventies and early eighties, there used to be a character in it called "Konkuru". Does anyone remember the name of the programme?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by fulanifilot(m): 9:10am On Apr 13
I'm even looking for one old NTA lifestyle programme series called "Musiclip" (showcase of trendy music). Can anyone help me with info on it and its host (one handsome dark Yoruba guy).
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by fulanifilot(m): 9:15am On Apr 13
As for the Voltron series, there were actually more than one Voltron team; I'm aware of two...the Voltron Lion Force and the Voltron Vehicle Force which you can sample via search or https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGdQU2gIuuog&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjGwJHu3r6FAxWyhv0HHfK6DN8QtwJ6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw286gvf5lriKW5Amym6ObJ7

According to a search link, there are three of them...wow... https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086824/trivia/ and more fanfare stuff at https://www.google.com/url?q=https://fanlore.org/wiki/Voltron_Franchise&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjGwJHu3r6FAxWyhv0HHfK6DN8QFnoECAEQFA&usg=AOvVaw14OXzVVceTG6wZjt4-oJK3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Omashola Cries While Trying To Make Up With Frodd / List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations / Curtailing The Excess Of Prank Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.