Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! (7290 Views)

Senator Gbenga Obadara's Daughter Graduates With A 2.1 In LLB Law (Photos) / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Beaf: 11:48pm On May 28, 2011
[size=14pt]24 Hours to Handover: OGD in Dramatic Flight to London[/size]
28 May 2011

Out-going Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel

By Idowu Sowunmi

Barely 24 hours to the inauguration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as the new governor of Ogun State, out-going governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel Friday night travelled to London, fuelling speculation that he may have fled to avert arrest for alleged corruption.
Daniel left aboard a British Airways flight to London. A British Airways official confirmed to THISDAY that Daniel was aboard the flight to the United Kingdom last night.

The trip, coming less than 24 hours to the swearing in of his successor is rather curious, given the controversy that has been trailing his administration, particularly as regard alleged corruption.
Daniel left when he still enjoys immunity from arrest as an incumbent governor. He loses the immunity by May 29 when his tenure expires.

A few days ago, he admitted that he left behind a debt of N49 billion.
In a move targeted at Daniel, some of the top officials that worked with him particularly the Director-General of the Bureau of Lands & Survey, Gbenga Ogunnoiki, had been under investigation for some time now by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Although EFCC officials declined comments Friday night on Daniel’s curious trip, they, however, admitted they had been discreetly investigating Daniel.
Daniel had lamented that despite his efforts at taking the state to a greater height, he was constrained to leave behind N49, 232,597,163.67 debts.

He stated this while receiving a compendium of financial statements of the state from 2003 to 2010 as well as the government’s cash flow from January to March 31, 2011, from the state Accountant-General (AG), Mr. Seye Senfuye.
The ceremony was a valedictory State Executive Council (SEC) meeting held at the Governor’s Office, Abeokuta Friday.
According to him, his administration had done what was expected of it in terms of infrastructural and human capital development.
The financial statements showed that the state government owed N49, 232,597,163.67 as at March 31, 2011, including cash-based liabilities of N26, 453,260,717.13 and contingent liabilities at N22, 779,336,446.54.
Daniel, who said his administration had done its best, lamented that his efforts were thwarted by what he described as insensitivity and un-cooperative attitude of some members of the state House of Assembly. The Assembly members, according to Daniel, failed to approve his moves to access bond from the capital market.

Daniel commended the AG and his team for working tirelessly to publish the state’s statements of accounts and challenged them to distribute the public document to all agencies and parastatals including EFCC and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and several others.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/24-hours-to-handover-ogd-in-dramatic-flight-to-london/92186/
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Beaf: 11:50pm On May 28, 2011
Lol!!

The man is a bloody disgrace to Isoko's, we reject him. I wonder if his bedmate, Alao Akala will do the same?
Nigeria belongs to the common man, not the group of thugs that have foisted themselves on us in every party and at every level. Thank God for GEJ.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by jmaine: 12:17am On May 29, 2011
We call it pro active measures  cheesy cheesy . . . Bus no dey wait for person tongue tongue
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Mynd44: 2:47am On May 29, 2011
There is fire on the mountain,
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by MeGaStReEt: 4:18am On May 29, 2011
@Beaf. Is Daniel an Isoko man?
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by igboboy1(m): 4:25am On May 29, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

@Beaf. Is Daniel an Isoko man?

He is joking, ah ah are u from cameroon that u dont know where GBENGA is from (at least his ethnicity)?
He had some ND looking outfit prolly thats what beaf was referencing
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by dempeople(m): 4:34am On May 29, 2011
Not only Gbenga Daniel but also Ohakim who hurriedly handed-over to Rochas and has made plans to depart the country using an Arik charter jet.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by aljharem3: 4:38am On May 29, 2011
Ohakim fleds away to europe

Barely 24 hours to the inauguration of new government in the country, the Imo State Governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, has reportedly sneaked out of the country.
Sources close to Douglas House (Government House), Owerri, confided in Sunday Sun that Ohakim left for Lagos on Friday evening after handing over the reign of office to his successor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.

Ohakim was sighted at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, while boarding Ethopia Airlines to unspecified European country. But Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Nze Elvis Agukwe, dismissed the report, saying his boss was still in the country. However, he did not say where Ohakim is currently residing.
He said, “Ohakim is still around. The man failed an election and accepted defeat. Why are they still beaming their searchlight on him? He should be left alone to rest. He has handed over the affairs of the state to the new governor. It is rubbish for people saying that he has left the country.”

Agukwe, who acknowledged that he had received several phone calls from different quarters alleging that Ohakim was sighted at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Ikeja, Lagos, while boarding Ethopia Airlines on Friday night, told Sunday Sun that Ohakim left for Lagos on Friday evening after handing over to his successor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/29/national-29-05-2011-011.html
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by aljharem3: 4:39am On May 29, 2011
this leaders are crazy

obiagu1 was right they should be hanged angry

after stealing money
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by igboboy1(m): 4:41am On May 29, 2011
alj_harem:

this leaders are crazy

obiagu1 was right they should be hanged angry

after stealing money

yup they should hang along with terrorists like you
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by aljharem3: 4:43am On May 29, 2011
igbo boy:

yup they should hang along with terrorists like you

me terrorist shocked
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Kilode1: 4:45am On May 29, 2011
This was one of the reasons why we supported Buhari and his plan to remove immunity for politicians while in office. But alas.

When you allow criminals to keep getting away with crime, you build a society filled with criminals who'll loot with impunity
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by igboboy1(m): 4:47am On May 29, 2011
alj_harem:

me terrorist shocked

litmus test of a terrorist: he follows muhammeds terroristic ways, So yes u are o,

Lets settle this beef once and for all, go join mujaheedeen for somalia or afghanistan and me I don enlist for national guard for US, I will like to play cat and mouse game and come looking for you in the desert and put a hole in your head like your senior bros OSAMA  grin
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by iudoagwu(m): 4:54am On May 29, 2011
'Agaracha' must come back, sooner or later!
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Nobody: 5:12am On May 29, 2011
Lmfao, can't the presido stop them or senate or sum thing, they are all running from what? I don't get what they are running from men
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by member67023: 6:00am On May 29, 2011
The guilty are afraid. Running away to UK prison?
Here is the updated list of absconding ex-governors
1. Alams
2. Dariye
3. Ibori
4. Daniel?
5. Ohakim?
6. Akala?
7. ,
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On May 29, 2011
Really, they are leaving the country? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by BabaIbada: 7:40am On May 29, 2011
I'm waiting for EFCC to declare him wanted then I would fish him out from anywhere he's hiding in the UK, perhaps this would be an opportunity to convince Nigerian Government I am the great detective yet to be discovered grin
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by 1025: 8:21am On May 29, 2011
@beaf,
both u and ur jonathan are a disgrace of a ppl. when alams ran, what happened? when ibori ran, what happened? is anyone here to claim that gbenga sneaked out of nigeria?
at the end of the day, what happens to those govs that did not run? orji uzor kalu of abia state did not run since 2007 and u and ur likes have been waiting for him to go to benin republic before u start making noise over his escape. who is fooling who?
why on earth did ibori not face case in nigeria instead of uk? are u still thinking that nigerians are fools. one will expect u to say something over the jet jonathan bought that cannot fly to anywhere out side nigeria or comment on the arrieval of 500 witches and wizards in abuja for the swear in ceremony of ur jonathjan.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by klas(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2011
[size=18pt]Akala, family travel abroad[/size]

Perhaps to avoid the preying inquiry of the anti-graft agencies, the immediate past governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, travelled out of the country last night.
Though his final destination was not known as at the time of going to the press, the former governor boarded a KLM flight at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos.
The aircraft left the country about midnight barely a few hours to the inauguration of his successor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.

Sources confirmed that Akala passed through the fast track section of the airport on Saturday night at about few minutes past nine to board a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight.
Security officials who spoke under condition of anonymity confirmed the development. He was said to have left in company with some members of his family.

Although the KLM flight is headed for Amsterdam, Holland, none of the sources could confirm the final destination of the governor. He was said to have passed through a section of the airport, which is close to that of Emirates Airlines passengers.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105294174396
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2011
See what greed can cause,

Shameless.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by dejavus: 9:17am On May 29, 2011
klas:

[size=18pt]Akala, family travel abroad[/size]

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105294174396

Tell me why these guys shouldnt be shot or hanged? And before you say anything, I know the bastard personally.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by 3kay945(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2011
Omosetan omo yorun omosetan omo gbeja,,.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by 3kay945(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2011
This is one of the reasons i want buhari in aso rock, bros Gej do not ve the gut 2 stop them, Nija i hail oo
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by playmode(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2011
But seriously there is nothing to rejoice about here.Nigeria is a useless country,you know why? because it allows serving officials to enjoy immunity.It is unheard of anywhere in the world except for African countries.No wonder Nigeria is constantly being referred to as a "Banana Republic" otherwise known as a failed state.The land of the outlaws.

I don't see why people are smiling and dancing ,we should be ashamed of this country that has zero discipline.If this was china the dude would have been arrested a long time ago.The fact that he was able to board a flight out of the country conveniently without any hassle shows you that the Nigerian Government from GEJ downward are a bunch of arseholes.We are the laughing stock of the world and we have shown that honesty and moral discipline is absent in our society.

The EFCC is a useless Organization which should be shut down and the head (Waziri) arrested and thrown in a dungeon for life.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Seun(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2011
3kay945:

This is one of the reasons i want buhari in aso rock, bros Gej do not ve the gut 2 stop them, Nija i hail oo
So why are they running? GEJ must have told them there's nothing he can do to help them.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Sunofgod(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2011
If only the EFCC had the 'Balls' of MOSSAD - And pursue these 'Bastards' around the world.

Fine MOSSAD screwed up the 'UMARU DIKO' repatriation but surely they have improved and should be re-employed on behalf of 'Nigerians' to bring these thieves to justice?

Either in the courts or with a bullet to the back of the head.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Ibime(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2011
These guys are just going to cool off. GEJ is not chasing them anywhere. Farida Wazirii just wants to get her customary cut from whatever they stole. It is natural for politicians to go cool their heels for a few months to see what dirt anyone has on them. They will be back. I will eat my hat if any of them faces jail time.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by playmode(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2011
Sun of god:

If only the EFCC had the 'Balls' of MOSSAD - And pursue these 'Bastards' around the world.

Fine MOSSAD screwed up the 'UMARU DIKO' repatriation but surely they have improved and should be re-employed on behalf of 'Nigerians' to bring these thieves to justice?

Either in the courts or with a bullet to the back of the head.

Mossad Do you seriously think that Jonathief wants to get these people arrested ? Do you think Waziri EFCC's chairman is not a crook herself Do think GEJ and his wife are not Looters

We need a complete sweep of our political system and that is total annihilation of these people including this EFCC boss who is a major deceiver of the Nigerian people.Revolution is inevitable ,we are saying it and it will happen.Nigerians can only take so much.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Rhino5dm: 10:41am On May 29, 2011
I always crave for your post. . .mehn! keep it up! More of people like you cheesy

Ibime:

These guys are just going to cool off. GEJ is not chasing them anywhere. Farida Wazirii just wants to get her customary cut from whatever they stole. It is natural for politicians to go cool their heels for a few months to see what dirt anyone has on them. They will be back. I will eat my hat if any of them faces jail time.
Re: EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! by Rhino5dm: 10:46am On May 29, 2011
Off topic.
Dude how can i order fpr those machines?
I have some unintresting kala* & a very old Ak4**, but i honestly need update. How can we talk?

playmode:

Mossad Do you seriously think that Jonathief wants to get these people arrested ? Do you think Waziri EFCC's chairman is not a crook herself Do think GEJ and his wife are not Looters

We need a complete sweep of our political system and that is total annihilation of these people including this EFCC boss who is a major deceiver of the Nigerian people.Revolution is inevitable ,we are saying it and it will happen.Nigerians can only take so much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosion In Galadima Kogo Community Of Niger State / Seun Was Roasted On Twitter For Posting This (photos) / Illegal Land Takeover: Journalist Sues Enugu Government, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.