Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Life At 30 When You're Not Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (28385 Views)

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Motee(f): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2005
What is life at 30 when you are not married?

When you are single at the age of 30 years and you are a lady, there are pressures from almost everyone around you.

I believe life at 30 and still single can still be the best time one desires but relating it to different aspect of achievement, career et cetera, what should it entail?

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by dablessed(f): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2005
Motee:

What is life at 30 when you are not married?

When you are single at the age of 30 years and you are a lady, there are pressures from almost everyone around you.

I believe life at 30 and still single can still be the best time one desires but relating it to different aspect of achievement, career et cetera, what should it entail?

I'm 29, even though i desire to have found my ideal man before I clock 30.

Really there are pressures left right and centre when you are still single at 30.

My advice is: Enjoy the best of it. Do not make the wrong choice all in the name of "oh I'm 30 and not married'. You can choose to be a happy single or a miserable one. Remember you have the power of choice in your hands.

Choose to be a happy 30+ single.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by babadudu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2005
Life in general can and should be the best times...there's always going to be pressure from everyone around you...why are you still single? then when you are married..the question becomes why aren't you popping out the babies? etc.
That's life, I guess...just live life and enjoy every bit of it...and have fun doing it too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by bootysue(f): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2005
i guess what people in this situation feel is not really what they would have loved to feel, but thanks to the ever nosy set of nigerians who always find it hard minding their business, i wonder why, meanwhile, not that they have got a solution to the problem.
i have a 30year old unmarried friend who is so pretty and nice but would never stop worrying about her situation cos of what people say, especially cos most of her friends are married, that ideaology really sucks and is dead myopic, and of course i dont balme her, people around her always make sure they remind her daily of her age (am assuming she dosent know)
if a lady is 30 and not married yet, it dosent mean she wont get married, she could have lost a chance but we all always have another chance, whats the point in getting married today to please people and divorcing the next day.
moreover, its a free world, not every woman/ man wants to get married, that simple.

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by dablessed(f): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2005
Bootysue,

Na fight? Take am easy now!
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Pinky(f): 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2005
babadudu:

Life in general can and should be the best times...there's always going to be pressure from everyone around you...why are you still single? then when you are married..the question becomes why aren't you popping out the babies? etc.
That's life, I guess...just live life and enjoy every bit of it...and have fun doing it too.  smiley
its not life.. its a nigerian mentality
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Vieira(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2005
Yep it is Nigerians that cause that kind of pressure on girls and it is actually Nigerian women that will do this to other nigerian ladies!

A married lady will want to feel suprerior to the single babe and be rubbing it in? "[I]haven't you got a man yet?[/I]" as if she really cares and is not just trying to make her feel bad.

If you are 30 and single please relax and enjoy your life, do not let anyone pressure you. If you start to worry about it then you'll just become desparate and make the wrong choices plus guys can smell desparation a mile away!

8 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Pinky(f): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2005
"vieira":
guys can smell desparation a mile away
yep vieira is rite, once a guy smells the desperation , he starts to take advantage of you because nothing more comes into their thick skulls except that! grin

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by bootysue(f): 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2005
come on dablessed, u sure know what i mean dont u?

its an attitude that does my head in among naija's. if only we can stop stating the obvious.

abi u dey do am? grin

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by dablessed(f): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2005
Booty Sue,

Didnt quite understand your last post. Could you be more explicit pls?

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Greatpeter(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2005
Dablessed,
You are too inquisitive oooo!
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Bumzy(f): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2005
i agree with you Viera, it gets on my nerves the way the'friends' who are married ask you.. 'so who is on the line... blah blah' as if they should ask cos they are lucky to be married!? No way! if you are 30 and single, Relax and enjoy yourself.. it will surely come, if you are desperate, u are more likely to make wrong decisions.

In this part of the world, it sad that pple take the married status as a major achievement, it not the marriage, its life in the marriage that counts.

Most importantly, trust in the Lord, i encourage anyone in this situation to move closer to God, its not about choosing a man, its choosing the right man!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Motee(f): 11:20am On Jul 25, 2005
I think life is just funny to circumstances because if friends who are married did not ask about him/her you will feel he/she does not even care about you. We only feel uncomfortable when they ask when there is nobody to show for it.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Bright2(m): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2006
Motee my darling,ur own case is minimal are u de only one? as it is 4u as a lady,so it is 4 some men,wat of those already 48?my dear cheer up afterall life begings at 40. If no men out there, then there are in Nairaland.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by tasnsc(f): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2006
I am thirty and single. Alreay did the married thing. Not impressed with it. I do not need to rely an a man to make me happy. I am perfectly content being on my own. If the right man comes along who is worth my time then I'll let you know. For now being thirty and single is as fun as you make it. And I am having a great time.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Wadosky(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2006
Most times,the pressure comes from within.When you see your mates getting married in their 20s,you start asking yourself questions.Most times we set goals for ourselves and when we dont achieve it,it becomes so frustrating.I advise gals at 30 to remain focused and live their lives to the fullest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by kajad(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2006
What is the right age for a woman to be married?

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Blue2(m): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2006
rite age for a woman should be btw 25-33
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Seun(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2006
That question has been answered elsewhere on the forum. wink
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Rhodalyn(f): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2006
i wnt to get married at 26 cool
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by mamaput(f): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2006
I was 35 when i got divorced.
My German friends said "Nothing"
My Nigerian friends said"Don't worry you are still young and can have more children"
Well I told them am done with kids.

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by eveseh(f): 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2006
well that woman should fight hard to get man,
be4 she be 90 years old without man. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by segedoo(m): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2006
i don't intend to hurt anyone's feeling but let's be objective about te whole issue;

- nobody can put you under pressure without ur consent either consciously or unconsciously
- i don't that there's any woman that's within the 30+ bracket and unmarried who would truthfully say that at some point there wasn't a suitor. The Question is wht did you do or nor do with his offer?

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by segedoo(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2006
- You don't have to be married. Sheryl Crow's 44, unmarried, highly successful and happy
- you can be married and successful and happy and childless - Robert Kiyosaki is.
- You can marry the wrong person under pressure
- The family and "friends" miht be genuinely concerned

so , my advice is live life to the fullest, enjoy urself (and don't lose hope if you want to marry that is). remember, you all you have and will always have is NOW.

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by iice(f): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
segedoo:

- You don't have to be married. Sheryl Crow's 44, unmarried, highly successful and happy
- you can be married and successful and happy and childless - Robert Kiyosaki is.
- You can marry the wrong person under pressure
- The family and "friends" miht be genuinely concerned

so , my advice is live life to the fullest, enjoy yourself (and don't lose hope if you want to marry that is). remember, you all you have and will always have is NOW.

Love this wink
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by harvey(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2006
it all has to do with what we want from life and how we want it.marriage is not something to sweat about.if u rush into it,u'll rush out of it.take ur time to seek the face of the lord,cos marriage nort built on Jesus Christ as the foundation will definately sink.he said none shall lack her mate.he did not say at 30 non shall lack her mate.as long as u are still a living being.if u know u want to get married or u see that u are 30 and will like to get married still keep ur heads high and dont make urself available all in the name of marriage,keep ur integrity not just throwing urself at any man who says he loves u.so many girls are like intimacy gadgets now to men all becos of this despiration of wanting to get married.someone once said live everyday of urlife as if though it was ur last.stay connected to the naker of men.Jesus Christ the solid rock.

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Mystique(f): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2006
If you rush into marriage, u'll only end up rushing out of it again,

So live for the moment gal kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by legry(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2006
eeayhaa for the plight, but my question is this what happened to you when you were 25 or 26 with all those dudes or that guy around you, now am not trying to sound like an assole but this is just a comon trait that ive seen. Im in my 30"s and ive been around and i must state also that i met some girls in my 20"s that had all the opportunity to forge a solid and good relationship , but what did they do, the girl thing and now they are 30 and wondering what happened. My point girls in your 20"s make something out of the time you have now if you see a promising relationship hold on to it and if its not all you dream work on it dont keep thinkg you have all the time in the world cause i dont want you wondering what happened to you when you get to your 30"s.

2 Likes

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by lc123: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2006
I'll be 30 next year and am scared

1 Like

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by lioness(f): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2006
Doesnt scare me on bit. cool
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by malaika(f): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2006
:-x
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by jammin(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2006
@malaika you said you are not unhappy, however you piece of prose do come across that way. obviously there is no fire in your union, since you have no interesting story to impart to us. believe me i am not being disrespectful, but when i reach 30, i hope i will be able to stand on the top of the world and shout[b] " I AM A HAPPILY MARRIED MAN"[/b]. i think thats what a good marriage do to people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.