Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year (9795 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / 114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / TB Joshua Delivers Nneoma Ukpabi From Overdue Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2011
Woman Delivers 8 Babies in One Year

Last updated: 05/29/2011

A 38-year old woman, Mrs. Precious Ogbonna recently in Lagos claimed that she had “miraculously” given birth to eight children within a period of one year.

Ogbonna, who claimed she was barren for 12 years before the first of the babies came, told newsmen that more babies were still kicking in her belly.

She said she had the children in Owerri, Imo State between May 6, 2010 and April 2, 2011.
She, however, said the first baby died five days after birth.

“I have been expecting God for the past 12 years. I pray for people they conceive, you know, but what about me, people will be saying such a thing, you know, my own linger while I pray for people they conceive and my own is not forthcoming. I kept on believing God.

“A day came God told me that He is going to bless me. So, I kept on praying. Finally I took-in in 2009. after nine months, I gave birth to a baby girl, but the baby died five days after.

“Before that, the women in the church, they were the people bathing me, bathing the baby. One day they came, when they came, they bath me and the baby, they use wrapper to tie my waist. When they were going they ask me to pray for them.

“While praying for them I got ministration to untie the wrapper which I did immediately but I don’t know why God asked me to untie it; and I was taking anti-biotics, taking peppery things, thinking that there is no more baby.
“So it was when that one died, we buried the baby, I was still receiving kicking. So I called one small girl, Masoma by name.

“I called Masoma because the people that were bathing me said my tummy was so strong. They said I should pray; the woman that has been expecting fruit of the womb for a long time, then the baby died I cried like a kid, I did not question God.

“Then when I asked this baby to come and pray for me she just laid hand like this and said ‘mummy you are still pregnant’. That made me to go to scan. So I went to scan and after the whole thing they told me that I was pregnant. I was surprised; I started glorifying the name of the lord. I said may be God want to do it that way.”

The Owerri-born woman, who is the Pastor of Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries, said the children, four girls and three boys, were born on May 6, June 3, August 16, September 19 and October 19, 2010.

She said the other two were born on January 13 and April 2, 2011.

Ogbonna gave the names of the children as Conqueror, Treasure, Great-Praise, Fine seed, Evidence, Excellent-Flourish and Ebenezer Donatus.

She said her husband, Donatus, a furniture maker based in Owerri was happy with the birth of the miraculous babies, despite the challenges they brought to the family.

“My husband is happy about it. It has affected me on my own because I am still a student, I am a pastor too. But although I have some people that do help me in the house.

“People have been helping us, individuals, church members; they have been providing food for them. I spent a lot every month, six, seven hundred thousand naira every month because they take SMA Gold; each carton N26, 000, and so they take 10 every month.

I don’t breast feed them. That N26, 000 times ten cartons is five hundred and something thousand. Then their pampers and other things”, Ogbonna added.

She said anybody waiting for the fruit of the womb should be patient.

“Any person that has problem should believe God, that one day God is going to wipe away his or her tears because long ago, I cried every day. People will be saying many things – you cannot give birth, this that, you know.

“It was really sad on me but now I am a happy mother.”

She is presently on a visit in her friend’s house, Florence Ibe at 8B, Brown Street, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos which has turned a Mecca of some sort as people have kept trooping into the house to see the babies.

But Dr Emeka Amaechi of the Federal Medical Centre, Ebute Meta, Lagos, said: “it is not medically possible.’’

The Chairman of the Aguda Surulere Community Development Association, Mr. Nike Agbeleye, described Ogbonna’s claims as suspicious.

“I was not allowed to speak to the woman. It is the woman I wanted to ask how come, how is it possible to get a baby in a month’s interval”, Agbeleye said.
Source: http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/29052011/sundayobserver/4.html

Well, this may be medically impossible but very possible by God. Congrats madam.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 29, 2011
Well, this may be medically impossible but very possible by God. Congrats madam.

Damn, God don turn magician, what would God be trying to prove? smh
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 9:33pm On May 29, 2011
luluosas:

Woman Delivers 8 Babies in One Year

Last updated: 05/29/2011

A 38-year old woman, Mrs. Precious Ogbonna recently in Lagos claimed that she had “miraculously” given birth to eight children within a period of one year.

Ogbonna, who claimed she was barren for 12 years before the first of the babies came, told newsmen that more babies were still kicking in her belly.

She said she had the children in Owerri, Imo State between May 6, 2010 and April 2, 2011.
She, however, said the first baby died five days after birth.

“I have been expecting God for the past 12 years. I pray for people they conceive, you know, but what about me, people will be saying such a thing, you know, my own linger while I pray for people they conceive and my own is not forthcoming. I kept on believing God.

“A day came God told me that He is going to bless me. So, I kept on praying. Finally I took-in in 2009. after nine months, I gave birth to a baby girl, but the baby died five days after.

“Before that, the women in the church, they were the people bathing me, bathing the baby. One day they came, when they came, they bath me and the baby, they use wrapper to tie my waist. When they were going they ask me to pray for them.

“While praying for them I got ministration to untie the wrapper which I did immediately but I don’t know why God asked me to untie it; and I was taking anti-biotics, taking peppery things, thinking that there is no more baby.
“So it was when that one died, we buried the baby, I was still receiving kicking. So I called one small girl, Masoma by name.

“I called Masoma because the people that were bathing me said my tummy was so strong. They said I should pray; the woman that has been expecting fruit of the womb for a long time, then the baby died I cried like a kid, I did not question God.

“Then when I asked this baby to come and pray for me she just laid hand like this and said ‘mummy you are still pregnant’. That made me to go to scan. So I went to scan and after the whole thing they told me that I was pregnant. I was surprised; I started glorifying the name of the lord. I said may be God want to do it that way.”

The Owerri-born woman, who is the Pastor of Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries, said the children, four girls and three boys, were born on May 6, June 3, August 16, September 19 and October 19, 2010.

She said the other two were born on January 13 and April 2, 2011.

Ogbonna gave the names of the children as Conqueror, Treasure, Great-Praise, Fine seed, Evidence, Excellent-Flourish and Ebenezer Donatus.

She said her husband, Donatus, a furniture maker based in Owerri was happy with the birth of the miraculous babies, despite the challenges they brought to the family.

“My husband is happy about it. It has affected me on my own because I am still a student, I am a pastor too. But although I have some people that do help me in the house.

“People have been helping us, individuals, church members; they have been providing food for them. I spent a lot every month, six, seven hundred thousand naira every month because they take SMA Gold; each carton N26, 000, and so they take 10 every month.

I don’t bosom feed them. That N26, 000 times ten cartons is five hundred and something thousand. Then their pampers and other things”, Ogbonna added.

She said anybody waiting for the fruit of the womb should be patient.

“Any person that has problem should believe God, that one day God is going to wipe away his or her tears because long ago, I cried every day. People will be saying many things – you cannot give birth, this that, you know.

“It was really sad on me but now I am a happy mother.”

She is presently on a visit in her friend’s house, Florence Ibe at 8B, Brown Street, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos which has turned a Mecca of some sort as people have kept trooping into the house to see the babies.

But Dr Emeka Amaechi of the Federal Medical Centre, Ebute Meta, Lagos, said: “it is not medically possible.’’

The Chairman of the Aguda Surulere Community Development Association, Mr. Nike Agbeleye, described Ogbonna’s claims as suspicious.

“I was not allowed to speak to the woman. It is the woman I wanted to ask how come, how is it possible to get a baby in a month’s interval”, Agbeleye said.
Source: http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/29052011/sundayobserver/4.html

This story is highly suspicious and I hope that this woman and her husband are investigated.

How was she able to serially deliver 8 children over the span of a year?
Where were these babies born?
Who conducted the delivery?
Why was she unable to breastfeed?

I sincerely hope that the relevant DNA tests or other relevant tests are done to find out whose children this woman has taken possession of.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 2:59pm On May 30, 2011
@thehomer This story is highly suspicious and I hope that this woman and her husband are investigated.

How was she able to serially deliver 8 children over the span of a year?
Where were these babies born?
Who conducted the delivery?
Why was she unable to breastfeed?

I sincerely hope that the relevant DNA tests or other relevant tests are done to find out whose children this woman has taken possession of.

My brother, take it easy na. Are you suspecting that, the said woman stole the babies? Well, I will actually be more convinced, if she provides her birth registration from the hospital she registered, if there was any. Again, remember that, any thing is possible so long it is Nigeria. After all, a witch woman was once caught on NEPA high tension line in Benin City, Edo State, some times ago, when she was interrogated, she said her petrol got finished on her Aeroplane hence, her crash landing on power lines.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 5:34pm On May 30, 2011
luluosas:

My brother, take it easy na. Are you suspecting that, the said woman stole the babies? Well, I will actually be more convinced, if she provides her birth registration from the hospital she registered, if there was any. Again, remember that, any thing is possible so long it is Nigeria. After all, a witch woman was once caught on NEPA high tension line in Benin City, Edo State, some times ago, when she was interrogated, she said her petrol got finished on her Aeroplane hence, her crash landing on power lines.

Maybe she stole them, maybe she bought them but whatever it is that she did, I doubt that it would be legal with that number of children and the circumstances. Actually, anything it is not true that anything is possible if one is to be taken seriously.
A woman caught on a high tension line? That is interesting. Have you considered that she could be mentally ill or just a plain old thief?
What sort of plane was she on that ran on petrol which crashed without wreckage? Or were there signs of a plane crashing in the area?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 5:58pm On May 30, 2011
@thehomer A woman caught on a high tension line? That is interesting. Have you considered that she could be mentally ill or just a plain old thief?
What sort of plane was she on that ran on petrol which crashed without wreckage? Or were there signs of a plane crashing in the area?

I said witch woman. They can make their Aeroplane from banana peals, melon peals etc. It is rampant in the South my brother. Again, these planes are invisible to the ORDINARY eyes and yet, they claimed they exist. Naija is a wonderful place.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 6:51pm On May 30, 2011
luluosas:

I said witch woman. They can make their Aeroplane from banana peals, melon peals etc. It is rampant in the South my brother. Again, these planes are invisible to the ORDINARY eyes and yet, they claimed they exist. Naija is a wonderful place.

I know you were talking about a witch. I was just wondering why she needed petrol if she was already flying with banana or melon peels. Was she drinking it?
Do you really believe that there are witches? And that these witches fly on banana and melon peels or invisible peel airplanes? And that these peel-planes are powered by petrol?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by mabell: 6:54pm On May 30, 2011
well what can we say
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by nuella2(f): 4:39pm On May 31, 2011
god is faithful.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 6:46pm On May 31, 2011
nuella2:

god is faithful.

God is faithful? Would God still be faithful if it were discovered that she stole these babies?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by JeSoul(f): 6:54pm On May 31, 2011
thehomer:

This story is highly suspicious and I hope that this woman and her husband are investigated.

+1000.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by mabell: 9:39pm On May 31, 2011
so what nif the babies were hers?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 10:00pm On May 31, 2011
mabell:

so what nif the babies were hers?

They simply cannot be hers unless you have a suggestion on how they could be hers.
What method do you wish to propose for the babies to be hers? How many people have you heard of that got pregnant and delivered 8 times over the span of a year? What do you understand by a pregnancy going to term?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by seyibrown(f): 12:12am On Jun 01, 2011
DNA tests, please! God does not lie! If she is truthful, the tests will prove her testimony!
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2011
This woman that had 8 babies in one year, should be locked up straight away and investigated.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria: 32 Pregnant Teens Arrested in Baby-Trafficking Scheme

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/03/world/africa/03briefs-Nigeria.html

Dozens of pregnant teenagers could face charges after being accused of planning to sell their babies to a child trafficking operation, officials said Thursday. Thirty-two girls between 15 and 18 years old were arrested Saturday during the raid of a clinic in Abia State, the state police chief said. The director of the clinic was also arrested, accused of buying babies from the young mothers for $160 to $190 and selling them to childless couples for up to $6,400. He denied the charge, saying he was a volunteer doctor who placed unwanted babies in orphanages.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
@MrBible Dozens of pregnant teenagers could face charges after being accused of planning to sell their babies to a child trafficking operation, officials said Thursday. Thirty-two girls between 15 and 18 years old were arrested Saturday during the raid of a clinic in Abia State, the state police chief said. The director of the clinic was also arrested, accused of buying babies from the young mothers for $160 to $190 and selling them to childless couples for up to $6,400. He denied the charge, saying he was a volunteer doctor who placed unwanted babies in orphanages.

This is wickedness. They should be prosecuted.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2011
Woman delivers seven babies in 11 months
On June 11, 2011 · In News , Tweet
By Ishola Balogun & Bunmi Azeez
IN a strange manner, a woman has delivered a set of seven babies within a space of 11 months, three males and four females.

The woman, Mrs Precious Donatus who lives in Aguda, Suru-lere, Lagos, gave birth to her first child in August, 2009, after 11 years of childlessness but the baby died five days later.

Ten months later, Mrs Precious conceived and delivered the seven babies within intervals of one month . When Saturday Vanguard visited the home of the family, the husband Mr Donatus Ogbonna, a business man from Imo State was at home.

He told Saturday Vanguard that at birth of the first baby, they did not know that would be the beginning of her journey to delivering seven babies.

Narrating her story, Mrs Precious told Saturday Vanguard that the first baby died after five days of birth adding that “immediately after putting to bed the first baby, the doctor told me that there was another baby in my womb.”

The babies are :first baby, August 25 2009, Amarachi (died after five days); second baby, May 6, 2010 (Conqueror, female); third baby, June 3, 2010, (Chizitere, female); fourth baby, August 16, 2010 (Ekpereamaka, male); fifth baby, September 19, 2010, (Fineseed Angel, female); sixth baby, October 19, 2010 (Evidence, female); seventh baby, January 13, 2011,( Flourish, male), eight baby, April 2, 2011, (Ebenezer, male) .
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/woman-delivers-seven-babies-in-11-months/

I posted this news for close to two weeks now and Seun did not deem it fit to hit front page until someone did so just today. Na wa for Seun.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by tpia5: 2:40am On Jun 12, 2011
They can make their Aeroplane from banana peals, melon peals etc. It is rampant in the South my brother. Again, these planes are invisible to the ORDINARY eyes

of course the planes cant be visible to ordinary eyes and all the doubters.

people need Jesus.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 12, 2011
luluosas:

tpia@:

of course the planes cant be visible to ordinary eyes and all the doubters.

people need Jesus.

Don't mind the doubters. In fact, I just flew back from mars on my space shuttle made out of bamboo stems and banana leaves. It's powered by a mixture of ethanol and jet fuel. That's the problem with this african witches and their outdated technology, they never learn, no matter how many times they crash land into transformers and power cables.
We martians are already developing new fuel to fly our invisible space bamboo craft to the andromeda galaxy.

They need jesus indeed.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
luluosas:

Woman delivers seven babies in 11 months
On June 11, 2011 · In News , Tweet
By Ishola Balogun & Bunmi Azeez
IN a strange manner, a woman has delivered a set of seven babies within a space of 11 months, three males and four females.

The woman, Mrs Precious Donatus who lives in Aguda, Suru-lere, Lagos, gave birth to her first child in August, 2009, after 11 years of childlessness but the baby died five days later.

Ten months later, Mrs Precious conceived and delivered the seven babies within intervals of one month . When Saturday Vanguard visited the home of the family, the husband Mr Donatus Ogbonna, a business man from Imo State was at home.

He told Saturday Vanguard that at birth of the first baby, they did not know that would be the beginning of her journey to delivering seven babies.

Narrating her story, Mrs Precious told Saturday Vanguard that the first baby died after five days of birth adding that “immediately after putting to bed the first baby, the doctor told me that there was another baby in my womb.”

The babies are :first baby, August 25 2009, Amarachi (died after five days); second baby, May 6, 2010 (Conqueror, female); third baby, June 3, 2010, (Chizitere, female); fourth baby, August 16, 2010 (Ekpereamaka, male); fifth baby, September 19, 2010, (Fineseed Angel, female); sixth baby, October 19, 2010 (Evidence, female); seventh baby, January 13, 2011,( Flourish, male), eight baby, April 2, 2011, (Ebenezer, male) .
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/woman-delivers-seven-babies-in-11-months/

I posted this news for close to two weeks now and Seun did not deem it fit to hit front page until someone did so just today. Na wa for Seun.

Even a supposedly reputable newspaper like Vanguard is not skeptical enough to encourage these people to be investigated. Do newspapers no longer carry out fact checking on stories that they publish?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
There is already a twist on the claims of this wonder woman. See The Sun investigations below. This is how Journalist are suppose to work. Thank you Sun Newspaper, for diving deep to unearth this story. More revelations will follow soon.

MIRACLE OR FRAUD?
Woman claims she delivered 7 children in 1 year, says more coming
•It’s a mirage –Husband
•It’s a lie –Hospital
By HENRY UMAHI and SUNDAY ANI
Friday, June 17, 2011
Late Mrs Mercy Njoku and her daughter at the hospital before she died
PHOTO: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Can you believe this? A 37- year old woman says she was delivered of seven children in 12 calendar months. The babies, according to her, were born at one- month interval between May 6, 2010 and April 2, 2011.

If it is true, it is a development beyond the ken of men and at variance with natural processes. And it defies medical explanation. Indeed, it falls into the category of what could be referred to as a miracle.

Naturally, it is appointed unto a woman to carry a pregnancy for a term of nine months or 36 weeks before putting to bed. It could either be a single or multiple births, whereby more than one baby come one after the other within minutes. But in the case of Mrs Precious Ogbonna aka Dr Mummy P, the natural sequence was not followed.

Explaining that she became a baby factory after 12 years of childlessness, she said that she was delivered of her first baby, a girl, in 2009 but it died five days later. Then from May 6, 2010 children began to rush out of her womb within intervals of one month. The last one came on April 2 this year. She added that more children are on the way.

A native of Amaigbo in Nwangele Local Government Area (LGA) of Imo State and General Overseer of the Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries aka Mercy Centre in Owerri, she got wedded to Mr Donatus Ogbonna of Ngugo in Ikeduru LGA of Imo State on December 19, 1998. For 12 years, she could not conceive but when she did, the most unexpected happened: Babies began to rush out of her womb every other month.

Leaflets announcing that a “great thanksgiving/dedication of her seven wonders of the world” would hold on April 24 (Easter Sunday) at her Church opposite NNPC Mega station along Onitsha / Owerri Road were distributed all about town in large numbers. However, Mummy Pís claims have become enmeshed in controversy. To start with, her husband, Mr Donatus Ogbonna, insists that the man who presented himself to newspaper reporters recently in Lagos as her husband is an impostor.

A Short Message Service (SMS) he sent to our reporter on June 12 reads (unedited): “Pls I hereby debunk my wife’s Sat Vanguard (June11) publication nd de man who impersonated me. I’ve not lived neither been or visited Lagos since 10 yrs ago. Donatus Ogbonna husband.” The hospital where Mummy P claimed to have delivered some of the babies also reacted.

The beginning
According to her, it all started when, a couple of years into her marriage, she could not become pregnant. She said she went through such hard times that she wouldn’t wish her worst enemy as people cajoled and mocked her because she could not bear children. But God assured her that at the right time she would become fruitful.

In an encounter with Daily Sun in Lagos, she said: “It is a great testimony and a surprise package that God gave to me. I stayed a long time before this pregnancy that produced these children. It is just one pregnancy that produced these seven children. I got married in 1998 and after 12 years of looking for the fruit of the womb, seven children from one pregnancy are the result.”

Like any other woman, after nine months of pregnancy, it is delivery time. She went through all the conditions but lost the baby after five days of delivery.

Story begins to twist
Shortly after the death of her babe, the tale began to twist. Her hear: “When I gave birth to the first baby, who was a girl, she died after five days. The baby’s death was so painful because for 12 years I had been praying for a baby only for the baby to die five days after birth. The joy, which the baby’s birth had brought to the family, vanished with her death.

So, I felt so bad and I cried heavily but I didn’t know that I was still pregnant because I was taking local medicine and other hot things that would melt and flush whatever bad blood in my system. It was when the women of my church who even tied wrapper round my stomach to avoid protrusion were praying with me that God ministered to me to remove the wrapper and to stop taking all those local medicine and hot things but I didn’t know the reason.”
She said that after the message she got from God during the prayer session, she felt a movement inside her womb. When she rushed to the hospital, doctors conducted a scan on her and told her that what they saw was a baby sack and fibroid. The scan, according to her, was done at St Elizabeth Hospital, located opposite Mammy market, after the Government House, Owerri.

According to the woman, rather than being devastated by the result of the scan, she calmly went home and prayed. After one month, the movement became serious and when she went to the hospital again and was delivered of a baby girl on May 5, 2010. And as soon as she went home from the hospital, she felt a similar movement in her womb and in another one month, precisely on June 3, she gave birth to another baby girl.

The twist continues
Narrating the sequence of the births, she said: “After the scan, I was told by the doctor that there was a baby sack and fibroid in my womb. Then on May 6, 2010, I was delivered of another baby, who I named Pretty Angel Conqueror. When I came back, I was still experiencing the same feeling and I knelt down to pray and God told me that more babies were still inside my womb.

On June 3, I had another baby girl but this time I didn’t go for any scan again. Somebody called me and mockingly asked if it was only girls that I have in my womb. But to me, I didn’t feel bad because for the past 12 years I have been looking for a child and now they are coming, who am I to start questioning why they are girls and not boys. But to show that God is God, on August 16, I had a baby boy and on September 19, another baby girl came. On October 19, another baby girl was born. On January 13, 2011, a baby boy, Excellent, came. Flourish came and on April 2, 2011, the last one, Ebenezer Bountiful was born. So, that was what happened.”

Madam Precious told our correspondent that when a couple of years had passed after she got married without any sign of pregnancy, she earnestly asked God to bless her with triplet whenever it was time for her to conceive.
“When I was about five years into marriage and there was no pregnancy, I started asking God for a triplet but like the Bible says, ‘When you ask for once, you are given seven times,’ that’s what happened to me,” she said.

Knowing that her claims could be doubted, she volunteered: “If I had undergone any operation, all of them might not have survived but God just spaced it in this way so that they came out one after another in order to be able to survive. I believe that God did it this way because he doesn’t want me to undergo surgical operation; each of them was delivered along with a separate placenta. People were even asking if I took any drug, I said no but that God assured me that at the appointed time, He would bless me.”

When she was asked if all the babies were delivered in one hospital, she said she gave birth to them in three separate hospitals but only gave out the address of one of the hospitals, preferring to keep the others to her chest for security reasons. Another surprising thing about the whole occurrence is that none of the children is being breastfed. She said the reason is that after each delivery, she would be told by the Holy Spirit that were still more babies in her womb. So, not feeding them with breast milk was for safety of the unborn ones.

She said she is spending so much on their feeding since she does not breastfeed them. According to her, they are being fed on SMA gold baby food, which costs N26, 000 per carton and they consume an average of 10 cartons per month. She is, therefore, asking kind hearted individuals and corporate Nigerians to come to her assistance to feed the children.

More babies coming
Dr Mummy P maintains that more babies are still being expected going by the signs she is receiving in her womb and the message she got from God.

Ready for DNA test
And to prove to all doubting Thomases that hers is actually a miracle from God, she said that she is willing to subject herself to a DNA test in any hospital that people might want her to go to know the real parentage of the babies.
According to her, between 1998 and when she conceived, she had only gone to hospital once for fertility test but was given a clean bill of health. Though her husband did not go for any test, she said she kept faith because of a message that was given to her in the past.

“I can say it is the will of God because there was a time somebody told me that unless I work for God, I would not conceive. I was wondering because then I was a prayer warrior, going for hospital ministration and praying for people. But at a time, a group of eight evangelists called Unity for Africa from London and America came to Nigeria and while they were praying for people, one of them called me and asked if I had a ministry, I answered no. All of them prayed for me.

They were the same people that later came back and ordained me a pastor. From then, I would pray for barren women and they would conceive, I would pray for sick people and they would get well. So, even though my husband did not go for test, I never envisaged that the problem could be from him since I remembered the message that was given to me some time in the past,” she narrated.

Doctors confused
Commenting on doctor’s view regarding what happened to her, she said: “My dear, it’s very hard and that is why I did not give birth to all of them in one hospital. One of them even turned me back when I went back the following month for another delivery. He said I should not put them into trouble as the thing is confusing. They couldn’t believe what they saw. Till today, they still can’t explain how it happened.”

Asked why she came all the way from Owerri to Lagos with the seven children, she said: “My friend, who heard about what happened and came down from Lagos to Owerri to see the children became pregnant after her trip. When she conceived, she invited me because, according to her, there are a lot of women in Lagos who are waiting on God for the fruit of the womb and that I should come and pray for them.”

It’s true - Mummy P’s father
When Daily Sun visited her Church in Owerri, her father, Pa Anthony Achonye said that he is aware that his daughter had multiple births within months. Asked if there was any sign that his daughter would be ‘special’, the 75- year old man said: “There was nothing different between her and other children while growing. She grew up like other children and went to school with her mates. She got married and wedded with her husband 12 years ago.

“It took her 12 years to have her first child, a girl. Unfortunately, she died few days after birth. All of us, including her siblings and husband went to bury the corpse. Her husband showed the place the dead child was buried. Thereafter, she started having other children”. Perhaps, to show that all is not well within the household, the retired mason added: “As a matter of fact, she has been telling her husband to go with her to do a test concerning the paternity of the children but I don’t know what he is saying. He is not here right now; I cannot lie against him.”

Pa Achonye also volunteered that his daughter prays for people and some of them get solutions to their problems. Explaining that his daughter opened the church before the floodgate of babies opened, he directed Daily Sun to his son in-law, Mr Donatus Ogbonna, for further clarification. When our correspondent met Ogbonna in his furniture workshop on Tetlow Road, Owerri, he said that his unusual births “is a mirage”. Clad in a jeans trouser and T-shirt, the 48- year old man said that his wife’s journey into ministry has done his “family more harm than good.”|
The following dialogue ensued between Daily Sun and Ogbonna:

Please introduce yourself
I am Donatus Ogbonna, a native of Ngugo in Ikeduru LGA of Imo State. I am a furniture maker and part time student of Imo State University. I am studying History and International Studies. I am a final year student. I am close to 48 years of age. I am also an anti-corruption officer with one star under the National Anti-Corruption Volunteer Corps, a voluntary arm of the ICPC.

Is it true that your wife, Mrs Precious Ogbonna, delivered 7 children in 11 months? Tell us the whole story
We got married 12 years ago, in 1998 to be precise. Since that time we’ve not had any child. About a year ago, there was a time she told me that she was pregnant. After a period, one day, she called me and said that she had put to bed. But within the period, I tried as much as I could to take her to hospital it wasn’t possible.

How?
She said that she attends a kind of private clinic. So, it wasn’t possible for me. But, in conclusion, to me, the pregnancy and the subsequent births is a kind of mirage in the sense that I’ve not been properly fed with the information surrounding whatever transpired.

Didn’t you notice signs of pregnancy?
I am not a woman. She told me that she was pregnant and from time to time, she was collecting money from me for antenatal services. But like I said earlier, by the time I was trying to know exactly the hospital but it wasn’t possible for her to let me know.

In other words, she refused to tell you?
Exactly, she refused to tell me.

Does that mean that you do not stay in the same house with her?
By then, we were staying together.

So, you no longer stay with her?
Well, we stay together partially because a lot of questions came up and things like that. Personally, I wasn’t all that interested in having a kind of quarrel or whatever.

Do we now say that your wife was in the hospital putting to bed every other month as it were and you did not know?
This question you asked me is a good one. I wasn’t told, how can I know?

Have you seen the children?
Yes, I have seen them. There was a day I went there to collect my books and I saw them. I think I‘ve seen them on four or five occasions.

You went where?
To the house

Do they look like you?
They are still too small. I can’t fathom that now.

Are you aware that your wife has been going everywhere telling people that she gave birth to seven children in 11 months?
Of course, the story is all over. It is on the airwave, it is in the Internet, everywhere. But then I decided not to bother myself so much because I have decided to allow the sleeping dog lie.

How do you think people are reacting to this development?
There are bound to be reactions, both positively and negatively but all I know is that in the course of time, we will know or ascertain the true position of the issue.

Did you ever attend her Church?
I used to be a member of the Church.

But you do not worship there any more?
There is a kind of difference between my own belief and what she believes or the path she toes.

Such as?
I don’t believe in a situation where man is deified and God humanized.

Please break it down
In this present dispensation, people attach so much importance to soothsaying and spiritism. That is to say, we are in a situation where people are no longer interested in worshiping God in spirit and in truth. Rather, they want to go to a place where they will be told what will happen tomorrow. Though I believe in miracle but you should not take me off the track of what the Bible preaches about worshiping God in truth and in spirit.

Can you give us an insight into her journey into ministry?
It is a long story. It will take a long time.

Ok, abridge it
When I married her, she was not a pastor. But all of a sudden, I discovered she said that she has a ministry or gift of prophecy. The practice has done us more harm than good in uniting the family.

You said that her journey into ministry has done your family more harm than good, what do you mean?
Earlier on, I made mention of people going after or trying to know what happens tomorrow. A man of God said that ‘some Christians are heavenly useful to the extent that they are earthly useless.’ She pursued extensively the things of her ministry, which led to the neglect and collapse of the ministry. That is what I mean that it has done more harm than good to the family.

Before she became a pastor, what was her occupation?
She was in business. She was selling cosmetic products at Ekeonunwa market in Owerri. But when she felt that her spiritual calling might not tally with her business, she opted out and faced the ministry work.

Is your wife a fake pastor?
I would not say that she is a fake pastor because for some people she is a true pastor but for others, she is not. But on a personal note, the practice is doing more harm than good to me and us as a family. For instance, during the thanksgiving/dedication service of the children, which held last Easter Sunday, I was not involved in any way. I was not co-opted in the planning and execution. My name was not even on the invitation card.

* When our correspondent visited St Elizabeth Hospital, Owerri, a nurse who did not disclose her name, said that it was not possible for a woman to give birth to seven children in 11 months.

Source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/17/national-17-06-2011-005.html
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
@thehomer Even a supposedly reputable newspaper like Vanguard is not skeptical enough to encourage these people to be investigated. Do newspapers no longer carry out fact checking on stories that they publish?

Thank God, The Sun just did an investigative Journalism. This is a good one from Sun Newspapers.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by thehomer: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2011
luluosas:

Thank God, The Sun just did an investigative Journalism. This is a good one from Sun Newspapers.

Then I hope the police get involved and start the investigation by inviting the necessary forensic team.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
Vanguard version of Investigative Journalism. The truth about these babies will surface very soon. I can't wait any longer longer.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/i%E2%80%99m-ready-for-dna-test-miracle-woman-says/
On June 18, 2011 · In Interview

Last week, we published a story of one Precious Donatus Ogbonna who claimed she has delivered seven babies in one year. In order to bring you a detailed report this week, Saturday Vanguard deplored personnel to Owerri, where she is based to find out more about the story. Ishola Balogun writes.

TO many, her story is bizarre while to others, it is a miracle. Giving birth to seven babies in one year is unbelievable and those in the field of medicine have described it as inexplicable.

But to Pastor Precious Donatus Ogbonna, the mother of the seven babies, it is a miracle. It will for a long time remain a life-affirming tale of the Ogbonna family which has now put multiple births into perspective, at least in this part of the world.

Precious, mother of miracle babies

In her Umuelele, Irete residence and MCC road where her church is located, Mrs Ogbonna was popular even before her miraculous delivery of the babies.

Few people in her neighbourhood who volunteered to speak to Saturday Vanguard on her character said they knew her as a prayer warrior and General Overseer of Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministry, Owerri, adding that the birth of the babies was yet another miracle in recent times.

But what is more stunning now is that it seems the ‘miracle’ is still unfolding as she Mrs Ogbonna claims that she is still expecting more. She told Saturday Vanguard: “As I am talking to you, I am still expecting another one. I am feeling it. I had actually prayed for seven children but God said I was going to have ten,” she says.

For those who still doubts the veracity of her story, the Pastor has challenged that she is ready for a DNA test as a scientific proof for her miracle. She however refused to name the hospitals where her deliveries took place saying:”Those who are waiting to be told the hospitals where the deliveries took place before they would believe this miracle should know that we are in a computer age. I will make my children available and very ready for a DNA test.”

She also added that God had warned her not to mention the name of the hospitals where she delivered her babies.
Interestingly, she hinted that this miracle was predicted by her niece, a 10year old prophetess in her household.

Saturday Vanguard could not speak with her husband, Mr Donatus Ogbonna, a furniture maker in Owerri. In what looked like a deliberate attempt to avoid the press, we were told he returned home late at night and left home very early in the following morning to answer a certain urgent call. Below are details of her story.

My story
My names are Precious Ogbonna, Pastor of Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministry, Owerri, I trusted God for the fruit of the womb for a very long time, and after12 years, God remembered me and gave all these children. It was one conception that generated this miracle. While I was praying for babies, I prayed also for other people to have babies and God answered them and they gave testimonies.

But I kept wondering why I should be left out in the miracle. I used to tell God what people used to say about me, the persecution, mockery and other tribulations, but I believe these were bound to happen. God told me I was going to conceive and that month did not go without the wish of God coming to pass. When I took in, I went for a pregnancy test and it was positive. But at that point, two months after, I saw blood as if it was my menstrual period and it continued like that till the night month.

There was a time it flew for 14 days. I prayed and God told me blood was not pregnancy. Somebody also told me it was a sign of multiple pregnancies. At the night month, I put to bed a baby girl. Because of the long period of childlessness, I prayed to God that I wanted multiple babies.

After returning from hospital, friends came to give me some further treatment, they were massaging me seriously to ensure there was no congealed blood. They tied a wrapper on my stomach but when I prayed, God said I should remove the wrapper and I did instantly.

I was taking the usual pepper soup, not knowing I had more babies in my womb. But the baby died after five days . I kept believing God has a better plan for me. I called my little niece who had earlier prophesied that I was going to be pregnant to pray for me. She did and said that I was still pregnant. After sometime, I went to do an ultra scan and it was confirmed that I was pregnant.

They also confirmed that there was a fibroid and a hole somewhere. I also did not reveal that I gave birth to a baby before. I was afraid they would recommend surgery. On the eighth month after the first baby, I gave birth to another baby girl named Conqueror Ogbonna.

Few days after the birth, I was still feeling some kicks in my stomach. I visited a doctor and he prescribed some hard drugs which I refused to take and one month after, I had another baby named Angel Ogbonna. When I went back to the hospital where I bore the other one, the doctor did not accept me saying he was confused . He said such a thing has never happened before.

That made me to register in so many hospitals. In August, I put to bed again, another baby girl. Somebody who came to congratulate me asked why I was giving birth to only female babies, asking if it was only female babies I had in my womb. I became sad and I prayed to God and on August 16, 2010, I bore a baby boy named Ekpereamaka, meaning prayer is good.

Thereafter, on September 19, 2010, I had another female baby named Fineseed. On October 19, 2010, I also had another named Evidence (female) and until January 13, 2011, I had Flourish, another male and lastly on April 2, 2011, I gave birth to Ebenezer, male. It is an unusual miracle. Each baby had its placenta and that meant 16 ‘pushes’.

People were wondering how it happened. I believe God decided to honour me in this way. And as I am talking to you, I am still expecting another one. I am feeling it. I had actually prayed for seven children but God said I was going to have ten.

So, I marvelled and thought the ten would come in a space of twenty years not knowing what God had in stock for me. Right now, I want to tell you that I am feeling baby kicks. When the next baby will come, I don’t know and I am not ready to do any ultra scan.

Kidnappers were after me, I‘ll not reveal the hospitals but I’m ready for DNA test

When Pastor Precious was asked to name the hospital where she gave birth to her babies, she declined saying: “I will not go against what God asked me to do. Do you know that when I delivered the first baby, people wanted to kidnap me and the baby? But God prevailed on them. I told you I am a deliverance Minister.”

When asked how she could prove that, she said: “That is the fact. You know my work and yours are not the same. I am a Pastor who prays for different people and when you do that and people see the result, those who don’t wish them good might go after your life. So, whichever way God asked me to do something, that is how I go about it.

Those who are waiting to be told the hospitals before they believe should know that we are in a computer age and I am available and very ready for a DNA test. Maybe, that will convince them but as for me to mention the name of the hospitals, no, I won’t do that because God warned me against that. I remember when I went back to the first hospital to deliver the second baby, they said ‘woman! are you crazy’, how can you say you are in labour after putting to bed last month’

Miracle babies

Why I’m not breastfeeding the babies

“I breastfed the first baby, but when she died, I took some drugs in order to stabilise my breast. And when the second baby came, I did not breast feed it based on two things. I was still feeling the kicks of babies in my womb and I was advised not to breastfeed while still pregnant.

Again, God ministered to me not to do that. My kids take instant formula of two and half cartoons every week at the cost of N26, 000 and about 10 cartoons every month which is about N260, 000 monthly.And they also wear pampers and need other things. It is not easy.

Little prophetess in the house
Mmesonma Onyenachi, 10, is a cousin of the miracle woman (Precious Ogbonna). Little Mmesonma sometime ago prophesied that her aunty would soon forget the trauma of childlessness and give birth in a miraculous way.

When Pastor Precious got pregnant and delivered her first baby in 2009, which passed on five days later, little Mmesonma prophesied again that there were more babies coming and behold, it came to pass. According to her “I didn’t just know how I do that but I just realised that it is a special natural gift.” she said.

On what she intend to become in future, Mmesonma, a primary four pupil of an unnamed primary school in Owerri said she neither wants to become a doctor nor an engineer but a Pastor. “I want to become a Pastor, and I know with my special gift, I will achieve that.” She continued that “Because of the way I used to pray for people, my schoolmates call me pastor.”

Her aunty (Pastor Precious Ogbonna) noted that Mmesonma fasts every Saturday and often times go on fasting every other day. “She became a prophetess at the age of nine. Apart from her prophesy that I will give birth to more babies, she is known in the church for giving prophesies and they always come to pass. She prays and fasts a lot. I sometimes have to plea with her to do a 6-12 fasting instead of 6-6 fasting.” she stated.

Amazing qualities of the babies
Among the seven babies, Pastor Precious said Chizitere, (Treasure) female, who was born June 3, 2010 has amazing qualities. She noted that little Treasure amazed the family when she began to talk at four months. “She started talking calling ‘Tata’ when she clocked four months. It amazed us but we also know they all are precious gifts from God with special blessings” Another amazing quality of Treasure, she added was that “when ever she hits my stomach calling tata frequently, I will go into labour to born the next baby. She has done that a couple of times. Apart from that, all of them are happy and growing very well.”

Neighbours speak

It’s true, she is a prayer warrior — Victoria Ikenwosu,
It is true. It is what can be called an uncommon miracle. I know her; she used to go to pray for people even before she was called as a pastor. She is a prayer warrior. Why should people doubt it? What is the basis for lying about giving birth to seven children? You should first of all know that she has the trouble of taking care of them all. If she wanted to adopt babies, how can she adopt seven babies? Just look at their feeding, clothing, and general upkeep, let alone when they start going to school. I think no one will do that knowing what she would face. But because it is natural, it remains a blessing”

I was not in the labour room with her — Anonymous
It is still a puzzle to me. I hear the story and I still cannot understand it. But from a religious angle, well, God is capable of doing anything. All I can tell you about her is that she is a pastor of a church and people believe her as somebody with integrity. On the basis of that, I believe the story. But I was not in the labour room with her, we just heard the story of her multiple birth.

It is a miracle!— Mama Onyekachi, Trader
I attend her church and because of the wonderful things in terms of miracle that she is doing, I believe her story. She used to pray for people who had no kids and they would be blessed through her prayers. People come from different places for one thing or the other and they give good testimonies about the case at the end. I know of several people she has helped in prayer for the fruit of the womb and it is normal to believe that a miracle could happen in her case.
What doctors, others say

By Ebun Babalola
It cannot be explained—
Dr Donald Chidi Nwankwo, a Physician, FUTO Medical Centre
Do you know anything that cannot be explained could be said to be miracle. I have written to the state government because I know the world will ask questions on this case. Government should take it up and look into it.

I really don’t blame people who doubt it because since it is miracle, people will doubt it. It is only in science that we have proof but in a miracle, there is no proof. So, if they don’t doubt it, then it is not a miracle. What is beyond human imagination is called miracle.

In the present time, it is possible but you may not be able to explain it. A normal human being have one uterus just like you can say one heart for one person but supposing tomorrow, we see somebody with two hearts and more than one uterus as human being, what do we do?. So, on the woman, the matter can be proved through a DNA test. There are other scientific ways of proving it though but that would be complicated and expensive.

I want Nigerians to come to her aid— Mrs Evan Ibeh Florence
Pastor Precious Ogbonna Donatus is my sister and a friend. She lives with her family in Owerri. She is from my husband’s village, Irete, Owerri. She got married 1998 and since then , was barren for twelve years. Miraculously, she gave birth to eight babies, one died and seven are doing very well in one conception of four girls, three boys.

I want Nigerians to come to her aid and so, I introduced her to “Moments with Mo” after watching a similar incident on the programme. A particular family blessed God for giving them a child after many years of childlessness. ‘Mo’ instructed that the woman should come to Lagos. Series of tests were conducted on her and the children including DNA, Genotype, and Blood group to ascertain.

So this is not a case of stealing babies. She came to Lagos on Wednesday May 25, 2011 and went back on June 12, 2011 to Owerri where they reside. Her husband is a furniture maker while she is a Pastor. She dedicated the babies on Easter Sunday in her church in Owerri. At the airport, people were giving them gifts through the pamphlets. Some media representatives also came to report the story. But, the story was carried in Saturday Vanguard June 11,2011.

This case should be properly investigated by the police- Dr. Tunde Okewale, an Obstetrician and Gynecologist and Fertility Expert with St. Ives Hospital

Medically speaking, it is near impossible. If she said she had seven children at once, that is believable. There are cases like that in IVF. But to have seven children in eleven months is impossible. The case should be properly investigated by the police.

Biologically, it is impossible and if this particular issue happens abroad, the police will be involved in the case.
You can’t make this kind of claim anywhere else in the world apart from Nigeria and get away with it. It is impossible to be having a child nearly every month. People would asked which hospital she had those babies or which doctor took the delivery.

In fact, it is not something that should be let go. Seven children just can’t come from anywhere. Since, she had made the claims of the seven babies public, I think, it is instructive that journalists should be around when she will be delivering the other three. The police and journalists should know the hospital or even if it is a traditional birth attendant. A pregnancy lasts for nine months. So, it is impossible that within eleven months, she had had seven children differently.
The awareness is increasing by the day and thousands of babies have been born through IVF techniques in Nigeria. Presently, there are about nineteenth IVF clinics and they are all improving as the day goes by. Women are supporting the programme. There are cases of eighteen years of infertility that IVF had solved. IVF is a well-known technology and having triplets or quadruplets on its own is risky not to mention seven. If someone say, I have seven babies through IVF, I will say, it is possible but not that you are having child nearly every month. The pregnancy will be stormy, the womb of the woman will be distended, it is almost certain that the baby will come out premature and the woman might lose all the babies. It is very difficult. I don’t believe the story.

I’m not disputing miracles— Arch. Adeyemi Atilade
I will not dispute a miracle happening at any time but there are some that seem to be untrue or realistic. I don’t have the total information about this particular matter at hand. But I will say a miracle is something that is unexpected and with God, all things are possible.

On the other hand, because of the present circumstances in our country and because of diabolical and satanic influence, all these things have to be verified and tested to know the authenticity of such a story and such a claim. Such claims should be thoroughly investigated.

There is what we call delay delivery, so it could be multiple births which did not come at the same time. But, the incident must be investigated to know whether it is a miracle, chance, accident or nature.

It is not possible -Mojisola Ayuba, Traditional Birth Attendant
I have not seen or heard such a case in my life. I wouldn’t want to dispute a miracle but I haven’t experienced such all my life. I know of women that have children after their years of childlessness but not having children within a space of one month.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/i%E2%80%99m-ready-for-dna-test-miracle-woman-says/
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by omoalaro: 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2011
Christians and miracles!! Na wao, una no de tire to tell una selves lies?
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2011
This Vanguard interview with the woman.

Nigeria: I Insist, My Story is True, Says Woman Who Had 7 Kids in 11 Months

Chidi Nkwopara 17 June 2011

Interview
Owerri — The recent story of a woman, Mrs Precious Donatus Ogbonna who delivered seven babies within 11 months has continued to elicit reactions from people. However, the woman at the centre of the controversy insists that the children are her babies and doubting Thomases are free to conduct DNA test to ascertain the veracity of her claim." I am ready to subject my kids to DNA tests. I would have done it since but for lack of funds".

Tracing the woman and her babies to their residence near Akara Bus Stop, Irete, Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State was not easy. The woman was in Lagos recently for two weeks to attend a programme with her seven kids when Saturday Vanguard first encountered her.

It was at the residence of her relation Florence Ibeh at No 8B, Brown Street, Aguda Surulere, that she first spoke about her childbirths the first time. But she said she had to return to her Owerri base the day after because that was where she pastors at her church , Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries, along Onitsha road Owerri, Opposite NNPC Mega Station.

Her husband was not around when the interview with her was conducted as erroneously reported.

In her house, the woman took time to cuddle each baby that needed attention. Various types of children's toys littered the sitting room and each tried his or her hand on any within reach. The woman's attention was severally distracted as Saturday Vanguard tried to get her views on the uncommon feat of delivering seven children in less than one year. Excerpts:

Are there new developments?

The Lord has been seeing us through. God has been making a way where there is no way. I know that the blessings of God maketh men rich and added no sorrow. So, that was what God did. The miracle is unusual. It is an unusual miracle, indeed an uncommon miracle. God has been sustaining us through His abundant grace.

Has help come from anywhere since the publication?

The thing is that some individuals have been helping. The church members have also been helping seriously. The church has helped us a lot.

What is the name of the hospital where these children were born?

Quite alright, when the first one (baby) came out, many things transpired. After that, I got ministration, though I did not know that I was still pregnant. I got ministration from the Lord not to disclose the hospital and I still maintain it.

That is why when some people came here to interview me, I insisted that I am very ready for DNA test.

Are you serious about DNA test?

Yes. At least, we are in a computer age now. This test will enable the doubting Thomases to find out the truth or falsehood of my claims. This is the only way to confirm if I had these children or not. This is why I am still sticking on that DNA test. Whatsoever God commanded me to do is what I did.

Are you aware that almost everybody who read your story do not believe you?

Yes, but that is their own headache. I have asked for DNA test with a view to putting their fears or suspicion to rest. My stand is the ministration I got from God. I am a deliverance minister. I do what God asks me to do. But there are other ways to still find out whether these children are my children or not. That is why I tell the press men like that.

Are you aware that many people are interested in this uncommon medical feat?

Yes, I know that many people are really interested in the uncommon miracle. Many people have been calling me from within and outside the country. Even my younger sibling abroad once told me that one white medical doctor wants to come from outside Nigeria to see things for himself. I have not given my sister the green light to let him come. I want to just start from here (Nigeria).

Your explanations are hard to believe.

Quite alright, the miracle is unusual. Many people are doubting it but like the Bible said in the Book of Matthew 11:24 that God will grant us our heart's desire.

Are the seven children your heart's desire? Is that what you asked God to give you?

I asked for triplets when non-conception lingered for a long while. I got married in 1998. I thought then that I would conceive immediately. It did not work out my way but I kept on asking God and hoping that one day I will conceive. I am a Minister.

The question was that I will pray for others and they will conceive and what about me? Honestly, I really passed through several trials in life. I stayed up to eight years without any issue. I started asking God to change my story. I asked that there should be an unusual thing in my life. I did not know that it was going to happen in this way.

So, I don not know why people should underrate God. God is faithful. God can do all things. Imagine that God created the whole universe with out pillars. That is what God did. While some people are doubting, others are praising God.

I delivered eight children. Each one had its placenta. After pushing out the baby, I also pushed out the placenta. It was really a miracle. This is what is called miracle. This is above medical science. This is above what men and women can do.

You must have been completely spent in the process.

Quite alright. It is not my might and power but by the spirit says the Lord. If not that God did it, I don't think that I would have been alive today. I heard about a woman that they operated and brought out five kids and the woman and three of the kids died.

In fact, I have found out that God loves me so much. And I never expected that this miracle was going to happen but to God be the glory. God decided to honour me this way. After I had the first baby and went back some months later, the hospital refused to attend to me.

They said I had fibroid and baby sac, that what I need was operation and I left. In fact, many hospitals refused to attend to me after. The feeling was that I had fibroid. Yes, my experience like you described in your first story is bizarre but it is true.

I dedicated my children on April 24 and an NTA station covered it. Your paper was not the first newspaper to cover my story. Last year, when my babies were just five, another national newspaper came from Lagos and did my story and published it.
Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201106200164.html
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2011
Now, the Police has stepped in. What next? I am just watching as events unfolds.

Police arrest, detain ‘miracle child-birth’ woman
On June 22, 2011 · In News

By ISHOLA BALOGUN
LAGOS — EMBATTLED Precious Donatus Ogbonna, the woman who claimed to have given birth to seven babies in one year was, yesterday, detained by the police in Owerri, Imo State.

Vanguard also learnt that the seven kids have been taken to a motherless babies home in the town.

Sources told Vanguard that the Police stormed the house of the ‘miracle babies’ woman at Irete, Owerri, Monday evening and took her away to the State Police CID, opposite Government House, Owerri, for interrogation.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Imo State Command, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, confirmed the arrest to Vanguard saying the woman was invited for questioning.

Mrs. Ogbonna had earlier told Vanguard that her husband had abandoned their home and disclaimed the paternity of the babies.

She said: “He has not come home. He abandoned me and claims that he is not the father of the babies but I know only DNA test can convince him and bring him back.”

Mr. Ogbonna has been avoiding the press even when Vanguard was in Owerri to hear his side of the story.
A close friend of the controversial woman, Mrs. Evan-Ibeh Florence, who earlier hinted Vanguard of Mrs Ogbonna’s arrest said that she was instrumental to her friend’s visit to Lagos some weeks back which marked the beginning of her ordeal.

Assistance from Nigerians

She said she did not know that bringing her to the public glare through the press would create problem for her friend, adding: “I never knew it would turn out this way for her, all I wanted was to get assistance from good spirited Nigerians for her through the press.”

At press time, Mrs. Ogbonna was still in detention at the state CID, Owerri, and all attempts to reach her on phone proved abortive.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Ibe told Vanguard that a DNA test has already been conducted and that the result was being awaited. She said that a popular TV presenter in Lagos was instrumental to carrying out the test, adding that the result would be ready soon to vindicate her friend.

Mrs. Ibe said: “I just hope the result comes soon to prove her story because I know she couldn’t have stolen the babies. They did the test some weeks ago and we are still expecting the result from South Africa.

“They did it for six babies about three weeks ago, the seventh baby was done recently because they did not bring along the birth certificate with them initially.”
More stories in Saturday Vanguard
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/police-arrest-detain-%E2%80%98miracle-child-birth-woman/
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2011
I am waiting the test to be conducted soon.
Precious Ogbonna and her miracle babies: What DNA test would achieve
on JULY 8, 2011 · in HEALTH

BY SOLA OGUNDIPE -

Vanguard Media LTD has commenced a process of conducting DNA test on Precious Donatus Ogbonna and the seven babies she allegedly had within eleven months.

A popular laboratory has been contracted and money ear-marked for the test that would put an end to all arguments over the truth of the woman’s claims. DNA is the most reliable and assured way of resolving any question mark looming over a child’s paternity or maternity. That is the only way the issue of an individual’s parentage, identity or family lineage can be established beyond reasonable doubt.

Over the years, the DNA blood test has emerged as the most infallible way of convincingly answering the question of family relationship. DNA testing is a powerful tool for identification and with today’s technology, can identify individuals with almost 100 percent certainty.

Often referred to as DNA blood testing, parentage testing or DNA fingerprinting, the DNA blood test is utilised to identify and evaluate the genetic information-called DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid)-in a person’s cells. It is called a “fingerprint” because it is very unlikely that any two people would have exactly the same DNA information, in the same way that it is very unlikely that any two people would have exactly the same physical fingerprint. The test is used to determine whether a family relationship exists between two people, to identify organisms causing a disease, and to solve crimes.

Nowadays, paternity testing and other DNA tests rely heavily on DNA’s structure and function. Since DNA’s structure was discovered in 1953, numerous techniques have been developed to use this knowledge to learn more about how living things function and solve human problems.

Miracle Children in Lagos
With the introduction of DNA testing in the late 1970s and 1980s, scientists have appreciated the powerful tool this process could be for identification and determination of biological relationships. Thanks to the advent of DNA testing, identities of individuals in relation to their relatives can now be determined with exceptional accuracy and conclusiveness.

That DNA testing has revolutionised the paternity and family relationship testing industry is no surprise. It is far more accurate than other forms of testing and therefore immensely popular amongst people that are trying to establish parental lineage. DNA blood testing is done in laboratories under strict laboratory conditions so there is minimal chances of the wrong evaluation been given.

A drop of blood or root of hair is good enough to confirm the result, because blood and hair contain enough DNA for testing. Essentially, semen, hair, or skin scrapings are often used in criminal investigations. A person who has DNA fingerprinting done voluntarily usually provides a sample of blood taken from a vein. DNA testing also can be done on cells obtained by a simple mouthwash or a swab of the cheeks inside the mouth, but these methods are not recommended. DNA is extracted from the white blood cells after the blood sample is put into a centrifuge and the blood is split into different components. DNA blood testing is more invasive than other methods of DNA testing because a needle is used to extract blood as opposed to a swab that takes skin samples of DNA.

Why It Is Done

The most common use of DNA fingerprinting is to solve crimes (forensic science). Blood, semen, skin, or other tissue left at the scene of a crime can be analysed to help prove whether the suspect was or was not present at the crime scene. But DNA fingerprinting is done to determine who a person’s parents or siblings are. The test also may be used to confirm paternal or maternal identity of children as well as to identify badly decomposed or dismembered bodies.

How it is done

DNA can be collected from dried blood, skin, saliva, hair, urine, and semen. Bone and teeth samples are used when a body is badly decomposed, but DNA that is used to establish paternity or maternity is collected from a blood sample. The health professional drawing blood will wrap an elastic band around the upper arm to stop the flow of blood. This makes the veins below the band larger so it is easier to put a needle into the vein.

If a DNA blood test is done on a baby, a heel stick will be done instead of a blood draw from a vein. For a heel stick blood sample, several drops of blood are collected from the heel of the baby. The skin of the heel is cleaned with alcohol and then pricked with a small, sterile lancet. Several drops of blood are collected inside circles on a specially prepared piece of paper. When enough blood has been collected, a gauze pad or cotton ball is placed over the puncture site. Pressure is applied to the puncture site briefly and then a small bandage is usually placed over it.

Risks

DNA is generally painless and free of risk if carried out by a professional in an approved health centre. Apart from a brief sting or a pinch when the lancet pricks the skin, there is very little or no discomfort. Collection of DNA from saliva, urine, or semen does not cause discomfort or risk. DNA samples can determine or establish paternity. Tissue samples from two people can also be compared to determine how likely they are to be blood relatives.

How it works

DNA is inherited from both biological parents. It is found in all cells of the body and composed of four different molecules—adenine (A), thymine (T), cytosine (C), and guanine (G). Like the letters of an alphabet, these four molecules are arranged in strings of specific sequences that spell out instructions for our body’s everyday functions. DNA contains information that dictates our physical characteristics, such as facial features, height, and even health.

During conception, the father’s sperm cell and the mother’s egg cell, each containing half the amount of DNA found in other body cells, meet and fuse to form a fertilized egg, called a zygote. The zygote contains a complete set of DNA molecules, a unique combination of DNA from both parents. This zygote divides and multiplies into an embryo and later, a full human being.

At each stage of development, all the cells forming the body contain the same DNA—half from the father and half from the mother. It is this fact that enables scientists to use a variety of sampling methods for DNA testing. We can take samples at virtually any stage of development and from any part of the body—and still obtain the same results, because these samples contain the same DNA. The DNA test works because each person has a unique genetic profile that reflects this inheritance.

Special locations (called loci) in human DNA display predictable inheritance patterns that could be used to determine biological relationship, These locations contain specific DNA sequences, called markers, that forensic and DNA scientists use as identifying marks for individuals. In a routine DNA paternity test, the markers used are Short Tandem Repeats (STRs), short pieces of DNA that occur in different repeat patterns among individuals.

Each person’s DNA contains two copies of these markers—one copy inherited from the father and one from the mother. Within a population, the markers at each person’s DNA location could differ in length and sometimes sequence, depending on the markers inherited from the parents.

The combination of marker sizes found in each person represents his/her genetic profile. DDC examines a minimum of 16 STR markers to create a genetic profile for each tested person in a paternity, identity or family relationship test.

Accuracy

Under the right conditions, DNA test is 99.99 percent accurate and the results can be used in a court of law. Another test that can help determine paternity or genealogical relationship includes genetic testing. However, sample size is the most telling factor. The possibility of inaccurate test results increases if a very small sample of DNA is available for testing. The chance that the DNA will be mixed up with some other DNA is also higher with a smaller sample. Anyone who has had a blood transfusion within the past three months may not be eligible for DNA testing.

Results

DNA blood testing results are used commonly in the search for truth and often justice. For parental and ancestry confirmation, DNA testing is fast, easy and accurate and therefore is not a problem to gather the required information and provide results for the question that needs an answer.

DNA testing is a powerful tool for identification. With today’s technology, DNA tests can now identify individuals with almost 100% certainty.

Identification has not always been this conclusive. Before DNA tests, the science community used other biological tools to identify people and determine relationships. These techniques, which included blood typing, serological testing, and HLA testing, were useful for other uses (such as matching blood and tissue donors with recipients and reducing the rejection rate for transplant patients), but they were not effective for identification and determining relationships.
Visit: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/precious-ogbonna-and-her-miracle-babies-what-dna-test-would-achieve/

Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2011
Woman with 7 miracle babies charged for child trafficking
on JULY 13, 2011 · in NEWS
BY CHID NKWOPARA
OWERRI — Imo State Police Command, yesterday, arraigned the seven miracle births alleged mother, Mrs. Precious Ogbonna, at an Owerri Chief Magistrate Court and charged her with child trafficking.

Charged along with her, in suit number OW/289C/2011 for the same offence, was 30-year-old Adangozi Onuigwe.
The charges against the suspects read: “That you Precious Ogbonna, Adangozi Onuigwe and others now at large, between the 6th day of May 2010 and 2nd day of April 2011, at Umuelele, Irete, Owerri, in Owerri Magisterial District, did conspire with one another to commit felony to wit: trafficking in persons and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 516 of the Criminal Code Cap C38 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, as applicable in Imo State.”

The two female suspects were equally accused of intending to deprive the parents, guardians or other persons, who had the lawful care or charge of the seven children.

The two women were accused of taking possession of the said children forcibly or fraudulently take or entice away or receive or harbour the children, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 19(1)(c) of the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Law Enforcement and Administration Act, 2003, as applicable in Imo State.

The women entered a plea of not guilty after the charges were read to them and the Chief Magistrate ordered that they be remanded in Federal Prisons, Owerri.

Before the case was adjourned to August 17, 2011 the Chief Magistrate equally ordered that the case file and its notices be forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecution through the Chief Registrar.

Vanguard recalls that Imo State Police Command had earlier mustered “a team of sound medical doctors from the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, to probe Mrs. Ogbonna’s alleged medical feat” and several tests had been conducted on the woman, her husband and the seven children.”

An impeccable source in the Command told Vanguard that from the tests so far conducted, there was no proof of a recent pregnancy, adding that the woman was not also pregnant at present.

“Tests have shown that she has a large fibroid in her womb. Her virginal hymen is still copious. It is not possible that she given birth to that number of children with the hymen remaining the way it is,” the police officer said.

The officer disclosed that the blood group, Rhesus Factor and genotype of Mrs. Ogbonna and her husband were “O”, D+ and AA respectively.

“These were not found in four of the children. Medical evidence does not support her claims. Police was not shown were she delivered the babies and there is no proof that she has ever breast fed any baby before,” the police officer concluded.

The story about the woman and her seven babies came to light when Vanguard published an interview on the alleged medical feat and has followed the story as events unfolded.

To also establish the maternity of the children, Vanguard management offered to conduct a DNA test on the woman and children, and the samples were taken last Monday in Owerri for medical analysis and it is expected that the result would be ready in about two weeks.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/woman-with-7-miracle-babies-charged-for-child-trafficking/
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2011
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by tpia5: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
There is evil in this world.

More people need to be arrested and the sad thing is the woman herself might not even realize what really happened.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by Chookym(m): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
The woman need to be really investigated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Idah Peterside Spoke Against T.B. Joshua??? / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.