Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Five Vital Ingredients Of An Effective Cv - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Vital Ingredients Of An Effective Cv (931 Views)

Get Free CV Appraisal And An Effective Sample Here / Three Vital Questions Employers Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Vital Ingredients Of An Effective Cv by CVCoach(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2011
I looked at my friend, Steve's CV and shook my head, it just wouldn't do!

So, i called him up.

"My guy, I've seen your CV but wahala dey o, "

"Haba, wetin do the CV now?"

"Well, about 5 things actually, to start with, there are typographic errors, "

"You mean spelling mistakes? Haha, dat one na typist fault now, no be big deal, just

help me correct all of them. Any other thing?'

" You have essential information all muddled up, Its not clear which is the Surname, first name

or middle name, "

"Wetin you dey talk sef, you no know my name?"

"I do, but the prospective employer wouldn't."

"Na wa for this CV writing thing sef, !"

"Then also, the stuff you wrote for the Executive Summary sounds, well, sounds as though it was lifted from somewhere"

"Hey!, Dat one na crime?"

"You also used five different fonts for headings, sub headings, etc, makes the CV illegible"

"Hmmm, wetin again?"

"Don't feel offended o, Steveo, but the Academic qualifications need to be arranged chronologically"

"Ok, I don hear!'

"Lastly, you omitted some relevant information that could persuade the employer that you are the right

candidate for the job. A CV is not an ordinary document, it's a vital marketing and PR tool that if well put

together, can deliver incredible opportunities even in today's diffult employment market"

"The professor!!! You do well. Thats why I forwarded my CV to you now, Abeg, do all these 'panel beating'

on it, quickly. I fit get interview next week o, "

'i hear you, I'll do my best and let you see the finished work tomorrow"

'Thanks my brother, and sorry about the damage done to your Stanford Bridge o! Better luck next season.'

"Na you sabi, You don chop my credit finish, bye bye!'

"Byeeee'

(1) (Reply)

An Unhealthy Working Environment In A Leading Isp In Nigeria / Idstrat Consulting Ltd In Collaboration With Fortis Academy Ltd / Feb.4th Dragnet's Tot-oil And Gas Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.