Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (150866 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by bollyaddy: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2009
@he guy

i cant find my post.

anyway,i still have 1 more paper to go in other to write the project.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by bollyaddy: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2009
@

You can go to CBA academy iponri centr lagos they help in guiding student on how to go about the project and can also link you up with a mentor but i think you have to pay for it.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by heguy: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ bollyaddy : God bless u. I have their address and I have already called them and they assured me that they can help me. But that I will need to pay some money for their services.
Bros thanks alot and keep it on.
With regard to yr previous, I did not read it on line but navigate it thru yr id.
Thanks.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by worldz(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just got thru with ICAN and intend registering for ACCA. But my ACA certificate is not yet ready(which i need to claim exemptions) since i dont intend doing induction anytime soon.

I want to know whether i can register and claim exemptions from F1-F9 with just my ICAN result slips without any hitches. And wd also like to know the best route to register, whether online or from their office in Nigeria, cos i was at their office and they said the ACA certificate is compulsory to submit for registration but someone told me that i could still register and claim exemptions from F1-F9 with my result slips if i register online, how true is that.

Your replies wd be hihgly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by nweike(m): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
Get Accounting Package Compliant, let me train you on Peachtree accounting package on one on one basis. You will also et my training manual on the package which is good enough to put you through
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by stanleymail03(m): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2009
Please can anybody advice me on the course that i will be exempted from with wy HND banking and finance result. And how many course will i have to write in order to qualify for the Bsc applied acc from oxford brooks uni.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 6:03am On Sep 17, 2009
@ worldz, If it is found out that your results were false or you 'lied' to gain exemption, you are in serious disciplinary ish!

"Under bye-law 8(a)(i), he is
guilty of misconduct, as he
obtained exemptions from
Papers 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 when
he knew or ought to have known
he was not entitled to such
exemptions. . ."

"The Committee ordered that Mr A should be removed from
the student register, pay costs
of £610, and that the decision
should be published by issuing a
press release to the professional,
national and local press, referring
to him by name."

Be careful not to be unprofessional.

There are articles and videos on their site to assist in choosing your Project mentor and writing the RAP - sometimes you guys might not meet more than twice! Whatever you do, always remember the ORIGINALITY of your work. As a Professional-level student, you ought to have the confidence in yourself - being afraid you might not even get an A in the RAP is the wrong approach to start from.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by worldz(m): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2009
@Mustay

I understand very well, my results are not fake. i just want to know if i can get exemptions without submitting the certiificate. Are u an ACCA student? or u know someone who went thru the route am trying to take? u should let me know, if what am trying to do is possible.

Thanks.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
ACCA can only award exemption on the basis of qualifications awarded by recognized institutions (i.e. those which are recognized by the local Ministry of Education as public sector institutions, or the equivalent status under their regulations). If your institution is not listed on the exemption enquiry database, please send your documentation to ACCA Connect, for further review.
Students will be required to pay an exemption fee for each paper awarded. Exemption fees are the same as examination fees.
You must send official proof of any relevant qualifications which are held, or are currently being studied for, with your registration form, in order for us to assess your eligibility and confirm your entitlement for exemptions.
Award certificates must be submitted for all completed qualifications. Academic transcripts should also be submitted for any qualification upon which you wish to claim exemption.
Any documentation which is not in English must be officially translated before submission.

Contact your local office for details or search the online exemptions database. Alternatively, if you wish to make an application for exemptions under these circumstances, please complete the relevant form below and return with proof of your qualification (e.g. a copy of the relevant certificate) and an official transcriptt showing all subjects studied (if applicable) to:

ACCA Connect
2 Central Quay
89 Hydepark Street
Glasgow
United Kingdom
G3 8BW

General Enquires: info @ accaglobal.com
Student Enquires: students @ accaglobal.com
tel: +44 (0)141 582 2000

If you are sure of submitting your certificate when required, you can regidter online.

u can also read: http/www.accaglobal.com/documents/Exempt_userguide.pdf
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by atilla(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
A friend is asking me which is best for acca tuition hsynergy, pye or swot tutors. Does anyone have any advice??
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by sharpman1(m): 7:50am On Feb 16, 2010
atilla:

A friend is asking me which is best for acca tuition hsynergy, pye or swot tutors. Does anyone have any advice??

SYNERGY PROFESSIONALS. . . . . . . . .number 1 ACCA tuition provider in nigeria. The ONLY tuition provider approved by ACCA with a GOLD STATUS in West Africa.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jahrule: 9:17am On Apr 21, 2010
ACCA OXFORD BROOKES. HOW TO GO FOR NYSC? PLS SOME BODY HELP WITH INFO. THANKS
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Don1Dee(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2010
@sharp man and others,

Plz, what is the duration for the ACCA including the oxford B. university Bsc and the possible amount in naira one can spend(in total) to attain it.
Plz reply.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jenny4u(f): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
PLS where can one get ACCA books at the most cheapest rates?
And which one is CBA? what's thier address?
P
ls i wouldn't mind as much info as i can get from you guys
Every bit of info will be very helpful.
Thank you guys
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jenny4u(f): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
Pls i wouldn't mind as much info as i can get from you guys
Thank you guys
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jahrule: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2010
jenny4u:

Pls i wouldn't mind as much info as i can get from you guys
Thank you guys
[/quo@ jenny4

Do u want d photocpied or Original. You can get the original at some of those tuition centres but expensive while the photocopied can be for like #1,500.00 for study text. for more info leave your email. i will contact you

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by usernames: 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
@jahrule, pls send me a text message to 08032951188, i will call u immediately. need info on acca and oxford brooke
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by yinkaoke(f): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
CFA IS THE PEAK, THEN ICAN, THEN ACCA TOO SIMPLE MEN
CHEERS
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:56am On Nov 01, 2010
Pls guys, i want to know if i can start ACCA exams with my O' level results and how long it would take. I would appreciate a quick response, thanks!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Tunsbobo(m): 1:56am On Nov 01, 2010
Pls guys, i want to know if i can start ACCA exams with my O' level results and how long it would take. I would appreciate a quick response, thanks!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by tunnytox(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
As an ICAN qualified member since 2001 I can assure that ICAN is more difficult to pass than ACCA but ACCA is a better qualification. In the UK and Canada and many other western countries ICAN is not recognised, I will not advise anyone hoping to work overseas to consider ICAN.Since I moved to the UK few years ago I have sat for up to 4 ACCA exams and pass them with not much effort compare to ICAN.

@Tunsbobo
You could register with the ACCA with your O'level results, I'll advice you visit www.accaglobal.com for more information
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by kayuscares4u(m): 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
u can't compare ACCA with ICAN, ICAN is locally accepted while ACCA is international accepted. the main difference is that ACCA is more expensive than ICAN, but one can start wit ICAN first and later advance to ACCA, [/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jahrule: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
tunnytox:

As an ICAN qualified member since 2001 I can assure that ICAN is more difficult to pass than ACCA but ACCA is a better qualification. In the UK and Canada and many other western countries ICAN is not recognised, I will not advise anyone hoping to work overseas to consider ICAN.Since I moved to the UK few years ago I have sat for up to 4 ACCA exams and pass them with not much effort compare to ICAN.

@Tunsbobo
You could register with the ACCA with your O'level results, I'll advice you visit www.accaglobal.com for more information

Oga , ICAN use to be tougher than ACCA and I appreciate the fact that u have qualified as far back as 2001 when ICAN was truly harder but the same cannot be said of ICAN memeberrs that got qualified since some years back when the current syllabus started. Oga you cannot compare the current ACCA and current ICAN I can assure you of that.d std don go down bros ACCA is harder.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by kenny1111: 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
I graduated in less than 5month ago, havn't gone for my Nyc yet, my field is purely mathematics, with God with me i should av my 2.1 or atleast 2.2 not to be to sure about that and my cert is going to be Bsc.ed(math), i leave in osogbo, osun state. i'v heard little about ACCA and CFA long ago when i was in univ, now i have strong interest in ACCA. pls i want d experienced on naira land to give me an insight of what my chance of been a ACCA holder could be vix a vix, how to register, overall cost, where to attend lectures if i file in 4dt a near centre to my location will b appreciated if any& chances of any exemption as i did read similar thing from previous post&comment, pls looking at my academic status and criterias mentioned.

Pls i'm semi illitrate to ACCA, so i believe a well defined and detailed response will be of great benefit to my understanding as i do know ACCA is such a wide field.

Thanks so much for rendering an unquantifying assistance.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
@kenny1 just type in ACCA in the search bar and browse the respective topics related to ACCA as your enquiries have been discussed therein.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by ritze(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
@tunnytox
u wrote ican wn it was 'rily' tough, same cannot be said of now.ican standard is rubbish.(apologies to ican student,but stand not be corrected).have dn both.Acca is dynamic.the exams question is very practical, ds june 2010,an ican ACA dt wanted a B.SC was sitting on d next row.observed the guy had little to write.afta d exam we exchanged pleasantries n ds guy told me hw dazed he was.he jst cldn't believe hw d candidates,question n evn d hall was well organized.he knew he had failed already.
Do u know that ican student now copy theirselves in d exam dt hw bad iy is now.ask candidate that wrote may 2010 diet in lagos(if only they wld tell u d truth,
ACCA review their sylabbus n course structure evri year whr ican is still trying to review diers n bringing confusion to student.sm of dm dnt evn know hw to combine courses cos ican left them in d dark.have u eva bn 2 thoyingbo office?they r so unprofessional!
@ kenny1111 contact me on 08029001745 n wld giv u an insigth, if u dnt hav a very gud job or sponsor.dnt bother to attempt CFA cos u need a lot of money
MERRY XMAS

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by nklove1: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2011
Pls house, i want to register for ACCA, but i dont know how to go about it. am a holder of HND in Accountancy. also do i need to send my transcript because a friend told me that i only need to scan results without transcript. i want to know how true it's.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by tunnytox(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
I never knew ICAN has deteriorated so much! I left Nigeria since 2004 I beleive I'm now out of touch. We use to read like there's no tomorrow to pass ICAN in those days coupled with the fact that a failure in one course will make you fail all the other courses. No wonder most countries don't really recognised ICAN anymore
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by scud(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
I will like to tell you that none is better. Each is just good.

I am an ICAN member and also writing ACCA and I will like to base my conclusion on this premise.

On ACCA- ACCA is a second class certification when compared to ICAEW & ACA in England & Wales, and in International level, ACCA is not recognized for membership by most of the leading economy withou firstly doing exams and these include USA, Canada, Australia etc. The reason is that ACCA is not really a local body but international accounting body.
However, with ACCA you are exposed to new methodologies because of its internationalization which has to do with International Financial Reporting Standards, Business Ethics etc

On ICAN- this is the most revered accounting institute in Africa. However, the problem that ICAN has cannot be isolated from Nigeria. It is based on the fact that if the macro is problematic, the component micros will be. I used 2 years to finish ICAN (and inducted in 2007) and it helped me to quickly get on with my ACCA (I have 2 papers to completion and I never attended ACCA lectures in Nigeria but using my ICAN notebook along)- there was nothing new in ACCA that I did not learn in ICAN-be it derivatives, international & local financial reporting, business valuation, Relational Database Management System. If Nigeria turns good today, there is now way for ACCA oo because all over the world, the most paid are those with locally recognized authority.

However, as of today, I will recommend that you should write ACCA so that you can use back door to join ICAN, but if you don't have money to pursue it, do ICAN- there is no discrimination when looking for qualified accountant in Nigeria

Whether na ACCA or ICAN just ensure that you are sound and can make money

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by scud(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
@yinkaoke: CFA IS THE PEAK, THEN ICAN, THEN ACCA TOO SIMPLE MEN
CHEERS

Please stop misleading people. Certified Financial Analyst is a certification for those with apt for Finance Analysis and this include derivatives, financing, investment management while ICAN or ACCA is for Accountants- those in preparing, presenting, and auditing of financial statements.

CFA is not the peak- it is just a branch on its own as ACCA or ICAN is a branch on its own.

CFA certification does not make you an Auditor or Accountant, it only makes you Head of Finance which has to do with treasury function, fund management and investment management
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by mayorde(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2011
people. i am contemplating going for acca oxford brook but i hear a lot of sayings that it is not accepted by most companies in nigeria. please can anybody throw more light on this?

some even say in uk acca oxford brooke degree is not really recognised. please enlighten me.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by nklove1: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2011
@mayorede, pls do not be deceived about wat people are saying about ACCA. u can't compare ACCA with any other Accounting qualification in the whole world. ACCA is internationally recognised. pls do not listen to ICAN holders, if ACCA is not recognised, why should ICAN holders go for ACCA even after battling to get ICAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.