Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (150868 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by akomoledee: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2012
THanks.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
ritze:
u cld take ur time to go through the thread
or better still, visit ACCA's website on www.accaglobal.com and come back here if there's a part of the 'oyibo' that's unclear to you.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by nitrogen(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
ACCA vs ICAN

if u want to go global,acca is o.k,it is well recognised throughout the world except in the U.S,roughly at minimum,2 yrs is needed for the program and even an oxford brookes b.sc degree is awarded at the end of the programme(for real,i dont buy the idea of going for the prog cos of the degree,its not that 'integritized'-if the word exists). But the question is this,'why isnt it recognisd in the u.s and which prof program accounting related that is known in the U.S?

You can be ican qualified within a year(minimum time),and it is still the best in ninja,for a fresh grad,take the exams within a year with less intensive study and you're good to go along with your b.sc degree.

Weigh both and go for the better of the two,its personal.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by tanimola22: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2012
nitrogen: ACCA vs ICAN

if u want to go global,acca is o.k,it is well recognised throughout the world except in the U.S,roughly at minimum,2 yrs is needed for the program and even an oxford brookes b.sc degree is awarded at the end of the programme(for real,i dont buy the idea of going for the prog cos of the degree,its not that 'integritized'-if the word exists). But the question is this,'why isnt it recognisd in the u.s and which prof program accounting related that is known in the U.S?

You can be ican qualified within a year(minimum time),and it is still the best in ninja,for a fresh grad,take the exams within a year with less intensive study and you're good to go along with your b.sc degree.

Weigh both and go for the better of the two,its personal.

Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Public_Accountant for some restrictions.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by nitrogen(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2012
tanimola22:

Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Public_Accountant for some restrictions.
thanks for the info, God bless
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by pric123: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2012
soladavid:

If you are interested in the CFA Video Lectures(Level 1 & 2) by London School of Business & Finance, call Kay on 08037254084, 07043829517 or email: kennie27@yahoo.com
[quote author=nitrogen]

thanks for the info, God bless
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by BAKAREAAT(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2012
Both ICAN & ACCA ARE GOOD EXAMS ,THERE IS NO ONE THAT IS NOT GOOD.
BOTH EXAM TOO ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO PASS ,YOU JUST HAVE TO READY VERY WELL TO PASS BOTH EXAM.
ACCA IS GLOBAL I.E IS ACCEPTED IN ALMOST ALL THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD,BUT That does not mean is better than ican
in real sense the way people look at it.BUT IT IS GLOBAL and that is the Value Advantage.
You cannot Prcatice Accountancy in any countries where ACCA IS ACCEPTED IF YOU ARE NOT IN ALLIANCE WITH THEIR
LOCAL Professional Bodies like ICAN as Of Nigeria.
My conclusion is that both exam are good to write and to become their membership.it gives value advantage especially
if you want to spread your tentacles with the multinational coys and also if you want to practice especially consultancy.
Thank you.
Taiwo
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Dereformer(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
The question in everybody's mouth is,
Is Bsc(Applied Accounting) from OBU recognized in Nigeria?

Is anybody currently working with this?
Has anybody been admitted for an Msc or MBA with this degree?

Answers are welcome.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by BAKAREAAT(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
Yes there many nigerians working with it home and abroad,the fact that they say is Global that does not mean you
cannot work with it here in nigeria
All i know is that it is value advantage because of their global alliance i.e Global Presence.
Thank You.
Taiwo
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Dereformer(m): 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks BakareAAT,

Please are you ACCA qualified? If yes, What authoritative materials do you recommend for someone writing F7, F8 and F9. I intend to get registered and start the exams in December 2012.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by hyelhira: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
I am ACCA qualified. Either of Kaplan or BPP is fine combined with video lectures from OpenTuition and LSBF.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by MrUmana: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
I am a graduate of Mthematics (B. Sc.) and Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGBA). I intended enrolling for ICAN but with this your explanation, can I go for ACCA because I really wish to belong to the professional body.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2012
Mr. Umana:
can I go for ACCA because I really wish to belong to the professional body.
yes
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by yemi4kenny50(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2012
I want to register for ACCA AND I HAVE bsc in Accounting will i need to apply exemption? how is their current fee for both registration and probably exemption and also to write the exam as BSc in accounting from Nigeria University.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by MrUmana: 8:44pm On May 04, 2012
Please what are the steps to follow? What should I do next?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 9:48pm On May 04, 2012
Go register Mr. Umana

You should be able to write the December diet ceteris parribus. Visit www.accaglobal.com
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Topwise: 11:02am On May 08, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
I am a banker wt Bsc Biochemistry without any accounting background and want to put in for ACCA. Will I be exempted in any of ACCA foundation courses?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by love124(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2012
any information about cost, duration.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 1:42pm On May 09, 2012
Topwise:
I am a banker wt Bsc Biochemistry

With your qualification, the answer is NO.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Topwise: 8:32pm On May 09, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]thanks. I am in Abj hw do I go abt d registration since ACCA oFfice is not here? Ur answer is highly appreciated.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2012
Actually, you can commence and complete your registration online at ACCA's website. However, Finaquest is popular at Abuja for tution services. I remember they also got the tuition learning certification from ACCA last year or so. Invariably, they 'll offer you advice concerning registration - you can visit their site at www.finaquestonline.com/ to get their contact.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 14, 2012
pls, hw many stages of d exam ar there altogether in ACCA. I am an ICAN student currently in ATS 3.And also a 300 level accounting student. Pls, if i reg with either AAT,ICAN,B.SC in accountig how many stages will i be exempted from? using each?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by mrnononsense: 12:50pm On May 17, 2012
pls can anybodi sumarise d total fee?i saw sumtin around £77- £212 per course,any info in naira and aw wil it b paid? Tnx

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by teetee2(f): 2:27pm On May 21, 2012
What are the tips to pass ACCA exam? Im starting from Stage II and want to get qualified in 2 years. It is possible, How can I go about it. Though I did the exam once but due to combination with other programme i could not give it full attention. I need it now because in my organisation Professional qualification is part of assessment.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by hyelhira: 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
GGA Professional Partners (Learning Solutions)
Centre for Professional Accounting and Business Training (CPABT), Abule Egba, Lagos.

VACANCY – ACCA & ICAN LECTURERS

GGA Professionals requires the services of qualified and seasoned professionals to fill teaching positions in its Centre for Professional Accounting and Business Training (CPABT), Abule Egba, Lagos. The prospective candidates should possess the following attributes.

- Ability to teach professional financial/accounting certified courses (ICAN and/or ACCA).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and engage others.
- Friendly, student-centred and supportive.
- Self-driven and goal-oriented.

More details at http://ggaprofessionals.com/contact-us/vacancies/
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by lulucus: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
ACCA @ 6,000 NAIRA.

Get your ACCA Home/Office study kit.
This study kit comes with F1-F9 bpp books, as well as past Questions & Answers from 2006-2011.
You can study at the comfort of your home or office.
Nationwide delivery in 24hours.
Payment on delivery in Lagos and Abuja.
To make your order, call: 07065365535 or 08057918992
FEEL FREE TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT IT!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Tycie: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]color][/color][i][/i][color=#770077].Hello evry1, pls I work in ib & need a study center & also need to gt ma books asap, need hlp on dt. Also I reg wiv 3v,& gt jst a code bn sent to ma mail afta feelin thr form, wan knw mor abt d registran process to b sure I avnt done d wrong thg. Tnks while i anticipate ur response asap. Big hug*
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mustay(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
tycie, you shoulda read previous posts on this thread first - moreover, you failed to include your preferred location. As to your 'situation' now, go to Synergy Professionals located at Iponri, Surulere.
PM me when you finally commence the programme.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by omosexy1: 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
ACCA is a hard oh. Please don't compare the exams with ICAN. I have written both, ICAN can automatically repeat a past question and change the figures and names. ICAN exams are example of what is obtainable in Nigerian University exams, although it is difficult too. ACCA never repeats a past question nor repeat related linked questions. You go into the exam with your thinking cap and how to apply what you have read to real case scenarios. ACCA evolves and adapts to changing business environment. This means certain business practices obtainable in 2000s maybe irrelevant today. If you want to enrich your accounting and finance skills (entrepreneur wise or office-related wise) I think ACCA is preferably. ACCA do not only ensure you develop skills, they holistically develop you to see the business from top view (i.e management perception). For countries that recognizes the qualification, I don't know about that. ACCA has been able to sharpen my finance and accounting skills, ICAN could not do that for me I only cram the textbooks and I went to download them for the examiners. Don't do it because you feel it is globally recognize, the programme itself is very enriching.

4 Likes

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by yamakuza: 12:57am On Jun 19, 2012
Mustay: tycie, you shoulda read previous posts on this thread first - moreover, you failed to include your preferred location. As to your 'situation' now, go to Synergy Professionals located at Iponri, Surulere.
PM me when you finally commence the programme.

ib sounds like ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.