Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd (6799 Views)

Kenyan Commits Suicide Over Manchester United Loss To Newcastle / Do You Bet On Football? This Is Wining Predictions / Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 (2) (3) (4)

Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by nawaforweo: 11:05pm On May 29, 2011
Source: http://ascology.com/news/local-news/13700-Imo-man-commits-suicide-over-failed-bet-Manutd.html

A man in South Eastern part of Nigeria has been reported to have commited suicide over Manchester United's inability to win the UEFA Champion's league final on Saturday after placing a bet on them to win ahead of FC Barcelona, reports said.

The 26 years-old Andrew Uba a native and residence of Okigwem Imo State was said to have placed a bet worth the sum of a hundred thousand naira ($650 approx.) against Barcelona FC with a co-worker.

He was found dead after hanging himself to an electrical fan hook at his residence. The incidence was alerted to the authorities when his younger brother came visiting after repeated calls to his phone was left unanswered

Manchester United ended up losing the game 3-1 with goals from David Villa, Lionel Messi for Barcelona and Wayne Rooney for Manchester United. His said co-worker was shocked to learn he commited suicide over the said bet.

"I dont want to talk about this, I feel so guilty and bad, he took it well and seemed unshaken by the loss and we joked about it until now i'm hearing this, it's a tragedy and i feel terrible being in the middle of all this"

It's not the first time that a fanatic supporter would die over a UEFA final loss. A Kenyan man commited suicide when his team (Arsenal FC) co-incidentally lost to FC Barcelona in the 2006 UEFA final.

It is however unclear if fanatism led to his suicide or it's as a result of the lost bet.

"He's not all that into football, he rarely ever watch football, this is shocking and unprecedented to me that he committed suicide over a sport i've always seen him mute over" a neighbour was quoted saying

The Police authorities declined to speak on the matter sighting on-going investigations due to the mysterious nature of the incident.

Source: http://ascology.com/news/local-news/13700-Imo-man-commits-suicide-over-failed-bet-Manutd.html

I think it's mere stupidity, why kill urself?
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Dyt(f): 11:49pm On May 29, 2011
Na wa
poverty mehn
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by hunkyjohn(m): 6:49am On May 30, 2011
Damn!
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by wave1(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2011
The guy is a fool. Must u bet when u don't have heart, Rip,

Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by kevoh(m): 11:15am On May 30, 2011
anytime there's a major football/soccer event someone somewhere in the World loses his life.This man probably bet both his life savings and borrowed money. I wonder if the other guy who won the bet will spend his money without his conscience pricking him
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by netghost: 11:16am On May 30, 2011
poor man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Sike(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2011
Bas.tard! Dem suppose Kill am AGAIN. Mtcheew
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by octar6: 11:41am On May 30, 2011
only big fools stricken with poverty commit such attrocities.his dead and gone. shocked
afterall its only a game.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by seedord247(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2011
Make dem contact Man U for his burial arrangement
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by anddrewz: 11:57am On May 30, 2011
See me see trouble-o, those who played d game have made their money while someone is here dying because of them, what stupidity.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Reference(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2011
For anyone to bet against Barcelona in any match has well prepared to lipsrsealed
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 30, 2011
People take footie way too seriously. What a daft thing to kill yourself over.

No sympathy from me - I feel more sorry for those left behind. Selfish man!
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by snowdrops(m): 12:54pm On May 30, 2011
and its supposed to be only a game.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by toluxa1(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2011
Akin Alabi don kill person ooooo

by the way, na arsenal vs bara play 2009 finals Who wrote this report sef?
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 30, 2011
Too bad for him but sorry if i may ask, is it 2009 that Arsenal and Barca played final?, see confusion
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by hackney(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2011
Animals. which footie fan will bet against barca in their current form?
That okigwe rat is a blockhead.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by snowdrops(m): 1:17pm On May 30, 2011
this guy may well have had a history of mental illness. this failed bet could only have been a trigger for the suicide.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by mrofficial(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2011
Why naoo? Man U will win Champions League title again, but not against Barca. Him no suppose hang himself.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Tolulop001(f): 1:47pm On May 30, 2011
snowdrops:

this guy may well have had a history of mental illness. this failed bet could only have been a trigger for the suicide.

tru dat.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Basics007: 2:07pm On May 30, 2011
He must really be a brave man to bet against barca in a match they were overwhelming favorites to win. Also he must be very brave to commit suicide afterall how many Nigerians can commit suicide? All they do is deliberate self harm.
Well sha accordin to someone i know they play football in heaven too
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Basics007: 2:07pm On May 30, 2011
He must really be a brave man to bet against barca in a match they were overwhelming favorites to win. Also he must be very brave to commit suicide afterall how many Nigerians can commit suicide? All they do is deliberate self harm.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by babaowo: 2:13pm On May 30, 2011
nah wha ooo barca don kill many ppl oooooo,one day go be one day for them too
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by phreakabit(m): 2:15pm On May 30, 2011

How are we suppose to believe you when that site is obviously yours and also not a reputable one at that? Sorry just had to ask.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by amumex: 2:27pm On May 30, 2011
the guy is a fool to kill himself. let his family bury sharp sharp.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On May 30, 2011
Who places a $650 bet on Manchester united over Barcelona. What is this world turning into. No wonder the guy decided to end his life.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by ifexcaro: 2:45pm On May 30, 2011
grin eya. may his gentle soul rest in perfet peace. amen.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 30, 2011
Ol boy e don pass be careful! shocked
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by otokx(m): 3:20pm On May 30, 2011
Poverty mentality
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by phreakabit(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2011
Who places a $650 bet on Manchester united over Barcelona. What is this world turning into. No wonder the guy decided to end his life.

If to say na EPL game I go stake $1000000 . The Queen got ManU's back anytime any day! grin
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by deadie(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2011
Darwin. Natural selection.
Re: Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd by tjbash(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2011
Awww!!! why now? why will some1 commit suicide over a champions league final, when for sure there will be another UCL final next year and another year after and on on. If the money is the prob he can bet again next year now.

Even are Sir Alex is still willing to be Man U coach next season despite being humiliated @ home. Man U fans that witnessed the humliation live did not kill themselves. Even when Barca players decided to cut off the net from each post as souvenir, nobody kill himself.

Well brother R.I.P

Chelsea Vs Watford (2 - 1) On 22nd May 2022 / Who Has More Fans ? Arsenal , Chelsea, Or Manchester United ? / Notable Facts & Achievements Of Chelsea Fc: I Love These Boys