Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,316 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number (16808 Views)

How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master / Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? / Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Giving Loans To Small Business Start Ups. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by scopusng(m): 4:09pm On May 30, 2011
I got this text message from GTbank this morning:

Dear Customer, New 10-digit account numbers (NUBAN) have been created for you in line with CBN's directives. Please visit any GTBank branch to confirm them.

What happened to the old account numbers? Is the old account number still valid? Mr.Sanusi abeg, answer me quick, i dey wait
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by HighChief4(m): 5:06pm On May 30, 2011
I got same in my email, this Sanusi guy must be smoking something strong
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by akunta(f): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2011
This 10 digit number of a thg started when the banks asked that
individual accounts be updated under the direction of CBN
Yeah, the old number is still valid for a while but will soon be phased out
from what i hear, CBN wants all banks 2 have uniform 10 digits Account numbers.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by collinsJn(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2011
Diz Is a Very Rubbish Thread,@ Porter wot Is Ur Business Wit d Old Acc No,abi U Wan Chop d tin ?
I Got d Same Message 2 4rm G.T Bank,but Some Bodi Paid In in2 My Acc wit d Old Acc,but It was Automatically updated.Wake Up Man.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by rolchi(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2011
High_Chief:

Sanusi did not smoke anything strong, you did because u just woke up!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by jydolikz(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2011
I think the message sent to you is very clear and simple. You have been aloted a new account number comprising 10 digits and if you have any question as regards that you have been asked to visit your Bank branch. If i may ask, is this forum your bank branch?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by buzcenter: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2011
the old account number is valid for life,if you are using online banking you will know that no bank can do without it,it all work with their data base ,if not ,if there is a case of old fraud or crime ,they still need the old number
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by chuckdee4(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2011
This is standardization, realistically banks operating within a country should all have a conventional account number.

This makes transfers and interbank transactions a lot easier and straight forward, rather than having 14 digits here 20 digits there.

At least now you know when an account number is incomplete.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by docjuli(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2011
jydolikz:

I think the message sent to you is very clear and simple. You have been aloted a new account number comprising 10 digits and if you have any question as regards that you have been asked to visit your Bank branch. If i may ask, is this forum your bank branch?

If i may ask, is this forum your bank branch?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by xanadu101(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2011
somebody sent me an acct no. and told me it's my new 10-digit acct no. i wonder hw d person knew i have an acct with int'l bank. i guess is the bankers. i went to the bank and discover it's fake.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by NumberOne2(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2011

Dear Customer, New 10-digit account numbers (NUBAN) have been created for you in line with CBN's directives. Please visit any GTBank branch to confirm them.

What happened to the old account numbers? Is the old account number still valid? Mr.Sanusi abeg, answer me quick, i dey wait

Why not visit any GTBank like the sms said and confirm instead of speculation.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by paraphase(m): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2011
wink
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by mrofficial(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

NOTIFICATION OF NEW ACCOUNT NUMBERS

Thank you for taking advantage of our products and services.

In view of the recent Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) directive that all Nigerian Bank account numbers be changed to a new standard format by May 2011, kindly find below, your new Nigerian Uniform Bank Account Number(s) (NUBAN):

ACCOUNT NAME: SEUN OSEWA

OLD ACCOUNT NUMBER NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER (NUBAN)

216-000000-1-1-0 0000000777
213-000000-1-59-0 0000000888

Please note that you are expected to start using your new NUBAN account number(s) for all transactions immediately.

We appreciate your co-operation and understanding whilst we continuously strive to offer you exceptional service.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Anyways, I'm still using the old account number, cos me no won hear say the thing no enter.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by awuf2008: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2011
why cant some people understand simple English. this is not the 1st time we are changing from one account number to another. so changing it to NUBAN has no effect on your account, the same money you have in your account will still be intact. so what is the fuss about?
I got the same message from GTB of the new change and a day after i got another one, that i have been giving a new NUBAN Number. cest fini
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by Dextra(f): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
I Love GTB! The best.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by JAZES(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yes the old account number is still very much
in use but i think is going to be phased out soon.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by MMM2(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
yes
it is true,
4 easy transaction within all d banks in 9ja.
And it will favour current account user in dere business.

2 me is good.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by kunlaxo: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
hEY Guys i think SANUSI said one of the benefits is that with the 10 digits numbers our old retired mama's and papa's can easily remember their accounts numbers without any much thinking or searching unlike the very long account numbers which creates  many problems at pension offices,but with less code the problems and frauds are reduce, for Gtb they are sure the best, sanusi good job.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by jydolikz(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2011

Why not visit any GTBank like the sms said and confirm instead of speculation.

I wonder oooo!!!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by 702: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
NUBAN is solely to improve banking sevice standards! most banks have adopted the 10 digit no even before the deadline may 31st! good scheme!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by jydolikz(m): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
hEY Guys i think SANUSI said one of the benefits is that with the 10 digits numbers our old retired mama's and papa's can easily remember their accounts numbers without any much thinking or searching unlike the very long account numbers which creates  many problems at pension offices,but with less code the problems and frauds are reduce, for Gtb they are sure the best, sanusi good job.

If that is his only reason for the 10 digits numbers I think 5 digits will be more helpful  grin grin grin
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by gspower: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
I like the 10-digit directive by CBN. They should also go ahead to close accounts that are dormant for up to six months.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by stockprong: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
same
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by arokenny(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
shey na everyone for nairaland dey use gt bank ni?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by Finland(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2011
I got an email ffrom Zenith bank stating my NUBAN account number with my full name but am not banking with zenith bank. Is this kinda fraud?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by Nosyke(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
Guy you really very funny

High_Chief:

Are you for real?? shocked shocked shocked
A bank where you must spend a lot of time to do simple transactions just because they have refused to open up more branches and reduce the pressure on the few ones they have[b][/b]

Dextra:

I Love GTB! The best.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by RichPlanet: 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
Maybe the number ll be change again to 6-digits by year 20/20/20.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by hugooh42(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Finland. I got the same message from zenith bank stating my old account number and the new Nuban number.But i don't bank with them either.But on a second thought i remember i  got a zenith bank pay card with which i paid for the processing of my international  passport.So am thinking maybe that is what they are referring as my account.So did you at any time had such a transaction with them?
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by ikooko(m): 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
sanusi did that to show that he is innovative and nothing more.

what he did was to remove the branch code and reduce the digit for product code.

The implication in future is the product code will be exhausted and banks will have to pay to migrate to other series.
it would have been more meaningful if it has option to migrate to any other bank and consummate your transaction.

same thing happened to network providers, reason why we have 0803; 0703; 0808;  etc etc.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by paraphase(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by erico2k2(m): 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
gspower:

I like the 10-digit directive by CBN. They should also go ahead to close accounts that are dormant for up to six months.
Would this be a good idea? I think what they do now is the aproprate way, domant account up till 6months get suspended, but this can only happen in Nigeria, cos we have accounts here in The UK we dont even visit for up to 15 months.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number by oneuniquemind(m): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
He can do beta,5 digits wud av been d best bet,wr do i start 4rm crammin anoda10digits again.my own money must nt enter bank ole acct

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Online Businesses With Low Start Up Capital That Can Make You Rich / MTN 1GB @ 240 Naira / Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.