Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? (5745 Views)

Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating / Buhari, Obama, Cameron Other World Leaders To Discuss Boko Haram On Monday |PICS / Are Right Handed Leaders Special Breed ? E.g Lincoln, Churchill, Jakande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Babasessy(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2011
I have always wondered of late If left handed people or leaders are special breed of individuals. Kindly share thoughts and information of great leaders and individuals that are left handed,e.g Barrack Obama,David Cameron and Babatunde Raji Fashola. And secondly, is it proper to force your son or daughter to change to the normal right hand while growing up.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 31, 2011
Babasessy:

I have always wondered of late If left handed people or leaders are special breed of individuals. Kindly share thoughts and information of great leaders and individuals that are left handed,e.g Barrack Obama,David Cameroon and Babatunde Raji Fashola. And secondly, is it proper to force your son or daughter to change to the normal right hand while growing up.

Yes left handed leaders are a very special breed. their left handedness makes it possible for them to think distinctively and positively outside the box. Above all, lefthanded people are great achievers in areas of politics, science and art. Majority of the worlds greatest achievers in all field of human endeavour are left-handed.

Great american leaders are noted to be left-handed:

In the 1992 election, all three major candidates – George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot – were left-handed.[2] The 1996 election also involved three left-handed candidates: Clinton, Perot, and Bob Dole, who learned to use his left hand after his right hand was paralyzed by a World War II injury. Additionally, both major-party candidates in the 2008 presidential election – Barack Obama and John McCain – were left-handed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

When your child displays characteristics that indicates she/he maybe left handed pls don't stop the child, its a sign of very high intelligence and a major characteristic of a great leader.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by ektbear: 10:11am On May 31, 2011
Yes, we are grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:51am On May 31, 2011
Story. . .there are more right-handed great leaders in history than left handed leaders.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by houvest: 10:58am On May 31, 2011
And what is special about Cameron?
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by zstranger: 10:59am On May 31, 2011
houvest:

And what is special about Cameron?

He is White.

@OP: you are stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid!
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by fegflu: 12:20pm On May 31, 2011
David cameron is an idiot - his immigration policies has separated millions of immigrant families in england. Today what u hav in england is emigrant home wit single mothers,single fathers,sometimes fathers and mothers are sent to their country leavin the kids behind. David cameron has done more damage to families than any prime minister in dat country. Is dat what u call benefit of left handed. I lost my home and mortgage because of his immigratn policy. A lot of landlord are lossin their homes because immigrant tenants are sent home in droves , so landlord cannot keep up with the mortgage payment. And u call dat good left hand policy. I jst dislike d guy. Pls don't talk about david cameron here. Pls
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by drgica74: 1:22pm On May 31, 2011
Adolf Hitler, Abacha to mention but a few, great leaders.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by dempeople(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2011
There's nothing extraordinary about them.

The brain is a very complex system and the most complex in the universe. The usage of left-hand does not signify a special talent or gift. I use both hand interchangeably and tend to switch both in tasks.

In writing, I'm training my right brain for it to be able to use my left hand in writing and so far, I've been recording satisfactory results.

Nowadays, I do alot with my left hand that I couldn't do with it even a few years ago.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by mynaija123(m): 1:41pm On May 31, 2011
drgica74:

Adolf Hitler, Abacha to mention but a few, great leaders.
lol, u funny ooo. who wan be like abacha

Well our own comrade adams oshiomole is also left handed.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Mkpotu(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2011
I do not know anything special about them but these three people caught my attention whilst they sign any documents; Namadi Sambo, Fashola and Obama. Why it caught my attention was simply because whilst growing up, I used to know parents discourage their kids from using their left hand. I doubt if there is anything special about those species of people, if any will like to know,
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by shadrach77: 2:04pm On May 31, 2011
well there is no big deal about somebody being left-handed. i knew of a class mate of mine while at school who was left-handed but was a dullard. moreso, left handed leaders are just 2% of the total number leaders worldwide. only 8% of American presidents were left handed
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by tkarunwi: 2:10pm On May 31, 2011
Well to be candid, left handed people are special breed. I'm lefty i did not realize these until those who are close to me started telling me some traits they've discovered in me. They are creative all sorts of!!!
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by osifred(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2011
seriously i dont know wht make pple think Obama is a great leader when he is no more batter than George Bush.
He jst hav the goodwill of the pple cos of d circumstance leading to d presidency (1st black american president).
Obama might be a world president bt he is definately not a great american president like washington, kennedy n A. lincolm.
So wht is wit dis obamainia hype

@ topic dere is nufin so special abt left handed pple or even leaders.
Ur being right or left handed has nufin to do wit ur leadership capabality
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 31, 2011
Bill Clinton was also left handed
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by geosegun(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2011
ME TOO. I AM LEFT HANDED cheesy
SO GLAD I NEVER CHANGED IT DESPITE SO MUCH PRESSURE FROM RELATIVES AND PEERS grin
TO ALL THOSE WHO TRIED TO FORCE ME shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by cyril10(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2011
I'm left handed too, i know i'm intelegent and have real leadership qualities. Most of the past inventors, leaders and artists are left handed, left handed people are truely gifted.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Emeniyen: 4:29pm On May 31, 2011
Left handed people (Lefties as they are often nicknamed) on a general statistics are more than average set of people. They are exceptional. I was a tutor and can testify to that. It is only in a few cases that you will find them as average or dull student. They are bunch of geniuses
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Wallie(m): 4:52pm On May 31, 2011
There is some truth that left-handed people are special, which is probably due to how their brain is used. Lefties are more likely to engage in divergent thinking (thinking outside-the-box) as opposed to convergent thinking, which may explain why there are disproportionate numbers of lefty geniuses. Male college educated lefties earn about 10-15% more than righties. But it appears that female lefties are not so special.

Some notable lefties -
Albert Einstein
Michelangelo
Isaac Newton

See the explanation of the study below:
http://www.slate.com/id/2147842
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by dustydee: 4:58pm On May 31, 2011
Learning to use my left wink just in case.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by violent(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2011
Time to switch hands!

I suppose i could wipe my butts better with the right.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Wallie(m): 5:05pm On May 31, 2011
Yoruba culture is very funny when it comes to left-handedness. Even up till now, my uncles usually want me to hand things to them or eat with my right hand. And I always chuckle and let them know that everything they do with their left hand, I do with my right hand including cleaning myself!
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by bright007(f): 5:30pm On May 31, 2011
Yes very interesting topic!my opinion is dat left-handed people are special people considering the fact that they are not up to 5% of the world population,yet they find their way to the top of glorious heights.
Isaac Newton,Albert,Obama,Bill Cliton,Fashola e.t.c.
You would definitely agree wif me dat there are exceptional abilities wi this individuals!
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by tnthommie(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2011
Osama bin laden was left handed,i guess he's special too¿. :-x
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by slimyem: 6:08pm On May 31, 2011
be a left-hander and dont subject yourself to hardwork and fruitful directions and we'll see you be a leader, mtcheeeew.wake up from your slumber!whatever hand you choose to work with has nothing to do with what'll become of you,
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by mrofficial(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2011
I'm proud to be 1 of 'em. Lefty here. wink

tnt_hommie:

That one na omo ale! grin grin grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by bandely(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2011
Lefty! Signing in!  grin grin grin

@Haters, why una dey beef us na?! Una no know say Jacquard different from Satin?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Wallie(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2011
tnt_hommie:

Yes he was special; just not in a good constructive way! He used his "specialness" to destroy instead of to create and/or build something positive. Having people blow themselves up based on what he spewed in order to kill innocent people, many of whom shared his faith, while he lived in a million dollar mansion required something special!
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by md4real(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2011
i am left handed and very proud of it. generally, leftist are usually good at what they do; good or bad. lineol messi is also lefty.lol
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by member479760: 6:40pm On May 31, 2011
inf-complex is a serious disease that needs to be properly address in our society.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by JimmyBoy1: 7:05pm On May 31, 2011
They constitute the minority of leaders in politics,science, business,religion,academics etc , so we should not be hypnotized into believing they are special .
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 31, 2011
Trash! My goat is also left handed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu / FOI Request For Rauf Aregbesola's Medical Records (Osun State Governor) / Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.