Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:52 PM

Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open (9270 Views)

Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake / Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention / Bode George: Why Buhari Can’t Win The War Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by nairavsdollars(f): 1:36am On Oct 08, 2021
Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has frowned at attempts by stakeholders in the party to throw its presidential ticket open after zoning its national chairmanship position to the North.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the PDP on Thursday adopted the report submitted by the Governor Ifeanyi Uguanyi-led committee that recommended the zoning of the office of the national chairman of the party to the north.
Meeting in its 94th regular session at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja, the committee also resolved to defer consideration of the Governor Bala Mohammed-led committee that had earlier recommended throwing open the 2023 presidential ticket of the party to all zones.
Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, George said the decision of the party on the zoning controversy is just like ‘kicking the can down the road’.
According to him, the PDP has a culture and rules that guides it in zoning the top six key positions in the party to the six geo-political zones in the country. He said if the national chairman position is zoned to the North, then then is no need debating where the presidency should be zoned to.

“The outcome of today’s meeting is like kicking the can down the road.  Once you accept that the chairmanship has been zoned to somewhere and you are still saying ‘throw presidency open to all aspirants in the country’. How? We have six geo-political zones and six top positions in PDP. When one position like national chairman goes to the North or South, the presidency will go to the opposite side. So, whom are we lying to? The issue is not yet resolved”.

“It is too confusing to just say I will support the decision. I have my position.  They are sending a massive signal to our other brothers in  the North. This country has never in history witnessed the tribal division as much as they are experiencing now. We need somebody to come and heal the land”.
“For me, they have sent a very solid message and I as a top member of the party believe that our language must be toned down. There is this sense of entitlement raging in the land".  

"There is nobody who should say he is entitled to this or that. Politics is about negotiation, discussion, democracy and being able to allow robust debate to win the hearts and minds of the people”.
“There is that serious infringement of rawness in the hearts and minds of many people in this country. We need the grace and fear of the Almighty God to overcome this”.
https://independent.ng/why-i-wont-support-throwing-pdp-presidential-ticket-open-bode-george/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Bishop7170: 2:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Please if you didn't bother to read this like while share if you read.
ftc

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by hisexcellency34: 3:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Have you taken your meds today?
Bishop7170:
ftc

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by OfHope: 4:27am On Oct 08, 2021
Equal sharing and quotas only works when it's for the benefit of the north

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by EagleNest(m): 4:33am On Oct 08, 2021
Bode George made sense. PDP seems disorganized.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by danot1030: 4:33am On Oct 08, 2021
Bode George is always disgruntled, he's yet to accuse Tinubu for PDP decision on throwing the presidential ticket open.

9 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by vee22: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2021
OfHope:
Equal sharing and quotas only works when it's for the benefit of the north
yea they believe in equity and one nigeria when it favours them but turn the other way when it don't. This should be an eye opener to the South

13 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by lonelydora: 4:51am On Oct 08, 2021
This ex-convict still has mouth to talk?

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by gboyetade: 4:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Making some sense though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Karlosorji(m): 4:59am On Oct 08, 2021
danot1030:
Bode George is always disgruntled, he's yet to accuse Tinubu for PDP decision on throwing the presidential ticket open.
please be real and fair. Is he telling lies?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Phiniter(m): 4:59am On Oct 08, 2021
hmm
Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by TheSupleemLeada(m): 4:59am On Oct 08, 2021
This old man again....
Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Karlosorji(m): 5:00am On Oct 08, 2021
lonelydora:
This ex-convict still has mouth to talk?
Yes o, he has mouth to talk since una no get sense again

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by TheSupleemLeada(m): 5:05am On Oct 08, 2021
1429nine:
[s][/s]

This was how your name and destiny were cancelled at birth by the evil within your family. Continue with your e-madness

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by AchalugoNwa(f): 5:07am On Oct 08, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

This was how your name and destiny were cancelled at birth by the evil within your family. Continue with your e-madness

lol gbegile boys don give am contract cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Pious101: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2021
Right from time immemorial it has been d practice of most political parties to zone political offices to a section of the country. Obviously, the likes of Atiku knows very well they will not be favour with this political structure hence their attempt to kick against it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Karlovych: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2021
embarassed The cocaine addict will still receive the Abiola treatment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Pious101: 5:13am On Oct 08, 2021
Bishop7170:
ftc
this kind early morning?

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by FuckAllTheMODs: 5:26am On Oct 08, 2021
Alright
Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by ThatFairGuy: 5:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Well said. The North would eventually take the two positions with the support of the East. Tl
Karlovych:
embarassed The cocaine addict will still receive the Abiola treatment
This Niger Delta militant, you still have to bring Tinubu into this

4 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Indabawa1987: 5:51am On Oct 08, 2021
Bode ex-jail bird who stole billions of Naira @ NPA sentence by the court of law in the country

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by anytexy: 5:57am On Oct 08, 2021
Exactly my thought. I don't understand them too. You zone chairmanship to north and still throw presidency open. Which kind rubbish talk be that?

8 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by hisexcellency34: 6:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Throwing it open is another tactics to give the ticket to the North. Atiku will get it easily

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by contigiency(m): 6:13am On Oct 08, 2021
It's true. The man is right. You can't outrightly give the North their own right, and you turn and throw that of the south open.

8 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by favour32(m): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2021
If PDP make am open, many go Japa from crazy party.
You zone chairman to North and you want make the president open.
Na kolo be that

5 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by espn(m): 6:22am On Oct 08, 2021
Mtschewww...This set of people from that region is just too greedy and self centred...
Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2021
I seriously wish this man is working with Tinubu underground and he's deceiving the okoros just like FFK. Don't destroy Yoruba race because of bitterness of an individual

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by hisexcellency34: 6:38am On Oct 08, 2021
What has Tinubu got to do with this?
SlyDev:
I seriously wish this man is working with Tinubu underground and he's deceiving the okoros just like FFK. Don't destroy Yoruba race because of bitterness of an individual
Re: Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open by nokspos: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Just imagine Bode George trying to decide the fate of Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fati Abubakar Appointed Niger Chief-Justice / PDP Rebukes Buhari For Dismissing FT’s Caution / Nigeria Gives Foreign Embassies Two Weeks To Pay $5.36 Million Owed Ground Rents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.