Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? (2546 Views)

Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video / L.a Noire And Yakuza 4 For Ps3 For Sale!call 08033028226 For More Details / La.noire Is The Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by tboy1(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2011
While deciding if to get this game or not, i searched online for some reviews and found a lot of people are complaining about various aspects of the game which got me worried.

If you've had a chance to play this game can you let us know how the game is so far
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Bawss1(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2011
I haven't played it but Playmode appears to rate it highly. Check out https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-669370.0.html

Not a fan of sandbox games. smiley
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by tboy1(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2011
Thanks Bawss1. So you dont like Grand Theft Auto?
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Bawss1(m): 3:28pm On May 31, 2011
Nah. I always seem to lose interest with all those seemingly random missions within sandbox games. I like my missions clear cut and linear. This preference automatically excludes me from playing all the GTA games and the other Rockstar big release; Red Dead Redemption.
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by DamiKhojie(m): 3:23am On Jun 01, 2011
Compared to the other popular games published by Rockstar (Red Dead & GTA) this game is a lot more linear. Although there are 40 random missions other than that there isn't much to do other than the story line. The game is still an amazing game and for me where I've gotten tired of the repetitive multiplayer it's like a breath of fresh air. The biggest problems I have are while the stories from each desk are pretty good the desks do not connect it's also seemed pretty short to me I think it took maybe 20-30hrs. The most annoying thing is that a lot of time there are no consequences for picking the wrong suspect. Most of the complaints that people have is because they were expecting Red Dead Redemption & GTA but were disappointed to find the game didn't have much action. If you're just looking for action avoid the game but if you want something different and interesting get it
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Cogito(m): 3:24am On Jun 01, 2011
I personally think it's superb. It isn't sandbox in the GTA or Just Cause 2 sense. Since you play as a detective in the game you're actually chastised for a wreaking havok when possible. You can't even draw your gun whenever you want.

The facial animation is amazing. At first, I wasn't too blown away but then I looked at some other games that recently came out (The Witcher 2) and I realised L.A Noire had spoiled me silly. It's that good. So far, it has an interesting plot and great acting. The main draw of the game, the interrogations, are incredible. It really puts you edge trying to figure out whether someone is being honest or not.

Here's a video that explains it more clearly: http://kotaku.com/5802203/14-minutes-of-la-noires-unexpected-thrills
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by aieromon(m): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2011
I watched one of my friends play it on his XBox last weekend.I kinda like the old school setting and the graphics.He's a newbie to the game so i didn't watch for long.He claims it's good,though.
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by tboy1(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2011
Cogito:

I personally think it's superb. It isn't sandbox in the GTA or Just Cause 2 sense. Since you play as a detective in the game you're actually chastised for a wreaking havok when possible. You can't even draw your gun whenever you want.

The facial animation is amazing. At first, I wasn't too blown away but then I looked at some other games that recently came out (The Witcher 2) and I realised L.A Noire had spoiled me silly. It's that good. So far, it has an interesting plot and great acting. The main draw of the game, the interrogations, are incredible. It really puts you edge trying to figure out whether someone is being honest or not.Here's a video that explains it more clearly: http://kotaku.com/5802203/14-minutes-of-la-noires-unexpected-thrills

I have read from different sites that it is easy to know when a suspect is lying. That makes interrogations easy doesnt it?
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Cogito(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2011
tboy1:

I have read from different sites that it is easy to know when a suspect is lying. That makes interrogations easy doesnt it?

In the beginning it's quite simple and straightforward, there's a lot of hand holding from the game, but it slowly gets more challenging with each case you're given. I'm still yet to finish it though.
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by ogagusps3: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2011
The game looks nice sha, grin smiley
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by JeSoul(f): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nice thread! I was also thinking of getting the game too. Interesting reviews . . . so its not a ton of action like GTA? that might not work for me. Also if its relatively short as well . . . I think I'll just wait till its a bit older and less expensive.

Bawss1:

Nah. I always seem to lose interest with all those seemingly random missions within sandbox games. I like my missions clear cut and linear. This preference automatically excludes me from playing all the GTA games and the other Rockstar big release; Red Dead Redemption.
lol. I am the complete opposite of you.
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by tboy1(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2011
Decided to go for the game and started playing on friday. So far im loving the game and it really sucks you, making you forget that you are playing game and instead makes you feel like you are really cole (Cole Phelps is the main character)

: Good graphics and the facial expressions really impressed me
: Good stories and so many different cases to solve
: For those who dont enjoy driving, like in gta where you just jump in a cab and arrive at your destination, here you can always get you partner to drive to the locations
: Gameplay is decent and the shooting is also not bad

Only annoying thing about the game: You cannot skip the longer cut scenes if you retry a case, sometimes you have to go through this 8-10 times till you ask the correct questions and select the correct answers.

Overrall its a good game and so far, its one of the most enjoyable games i have played
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Mobinga: 12:27am On Jul 12, 2011
When they port it to the PC, I'll have my say, but until then, Rockstar can go bleep themselves with their anti-pc campaign. angry
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Bawss1(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2011
^ Means you will be waiting for a very long time for the PC version - if it ever comes out. smiley
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Bawss1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
Rockstar had to get in on that PC gamers money after all. cool
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by ritchboy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
Bawss1:

Rockstar had to get in on that PC gamers money after all. cool

Do people still buy PC games? cheesy
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by Mobinga: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2011
ritchboy:

Do people still buy PC games? cheesy

shocked shocked angry angry
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by lumzi23: 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bawss1:

I haven't played it but Playmode appears to rate it highly. Check out https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-669370.0.html

Not a fan of sandbox games.  smiley

Actually from what I understand LA Noire isn't really a sandbox game. It is supposedly quite bit more structured and linear than your typical Rockstar game (it's actually developed by Team Bondi).

Edit: Snaps! Somebody beat me to it.

Anyway, I kind of agree about GTA style sandbox games. Too random. The kind of sandbox I like is the Fallout 3 kind of sandbox RPG with strong writing. I hope Skyrim lives to my expectations and has a great story as well as being a great game.
Re: L.a Noire: How Is The Gameplay So Far? by centurian(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2011
i am currently playing the game now.
will let the house know my findings

(1) (Reply)

Cs / I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. / Obsidian Esports And Gaming Community needs Members!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.