Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! (2712 Views)

Pope Declares Seat Of Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Catholic Diocese Vacant / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 31, 2011
The Roman Catholic Pope Benedict XVI made a statement that being Catholic meant belonging to Mary. As a former Roman Catholic, I know what it was like to listen to teachings such as these. Mary is central throughout the Catholic Church, and it continues to be that way until this day. Here is an excerpt from the Pope’s statement:

” . . . it had always been clear that Catholicism could not exist without a Marian character, that being Catholic meant belonging to Mary.”

“Here, through the bishops’ ad limina visits”, the Holy Father commented, “I constantly sense how people – especially those in Latin America but in other continents as well – can entrust themselves to the Mother; how they can love the Mother and, through the Mother, can then learn to love Christ. I sense how the Mother continues to give birth to Christ; how Mary continues to say ‘yes’ and to bring Christ to the world”.

[Vatican Information Service, Vatican City May 28, 2011]

When I was born again of the Spirit, I knew that I did not have to go through Mary for anything, because Jesus Christ was the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6) and the only mediator that I needed. It was the indwelling Holy Spirit who showed me that, and the Bible backs that up. You see, the Holy Spirit will always testify about Jesus Christ (not Himself) and point you toward Him.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (John 15:26)

I do not have to go through Mary for anything at all, because it is Jesus Christ who died for me. Jesus is the only high Priest that I need, and the scriptures encourage me as a believer to come to his throne of grace with boldness whenever I need help! Mary is not part of the equation.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)

I do not need to develop Marian character, but Christian character, as every true Christian needs also. God is working on me everyday.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

The Bible tells us that we have the mind of Christ, NOT the mind of Mary.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)

The late Pope John Paul II entrusted Poland into the care of Mary (NOT Jesus Christ) shortly before he died, and the present Pope Benedict XVI entrusted Italy into the care of Mary also. Pope John Paul II used to have the motto “Totus Tuus Sum Maria” sewn inside his expensive Papal vestments. What do those words mean? “Mary I Am Totally Yours”

On May 29, 2011 the Vatican Information Service reported the following statement from Pope Benedict XVI:

“Addressing the Polish pilgrims, Benedict XVI noted that “yesterday was the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the death of Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski, the ‘Primate of the Millennium’. Invoking the gift of his beatification, let us learn from him a total abandonment to the Mother of God. Let his trust, expressed with the words: ‘I have entrusted all to Mary’, be a special model for us. Let us  recall this at the end of the month of May, which is especially dedicated to the Virgin”.”

Yes, the Pope is correct when he declares that being Catholic meant belonging to Mary. It IS Catholic, BUT it is NOT Christian! The Roman Catholic Pope needs to change pilots, and switch from Mary to Jesus Christ, so that He and the millions of Catholics under his guidance, might be liberated from the false gospel of Roman Catholicism.

http://soulrefuge.org/
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 31, 2011
Thank GOD , I and many others like me have been delivered from this mother of all HARLOTS CHURCH.

Come out of this demonic infested CHURCH NOW before you receive God's curse on your life.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by MrResource(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2011
frosbel:

Thank GOD , I and many others like me have been delivered from this mother of all HARLOTS CHURCH.

Come out of this demonic infested CHURCH NOW before you receive God's curse on your life.
angry angry angry
is something wrong with you
which church do you attend?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 31, 2011
^^

Hi Bro. I attend the Church of Christ, also known as the Spiritual Bride of Christ.

Sorry to upset you but this is the TRUTH, I was in the catholic church for many years and during that period I had no LIFE of GOD in me.

I have seen people that take holy communion engage in all manner of wickedness including fraud, slander, perverted SEX, lying , fighting, occult etc etc . In essence it is a dead church and therefore cannot offer the power of GOD to its members to overcome SIN and SATAN.

I used to bow before the altar, sprinkle holy water , pray with the rosary etc and yet I felt the same if not worse.

But tell me , why on earth should I go to a priest, a man like me to confess my sins ? What other heresy can be worse than this , not to forget praying to dead saints and Mary. Disgrace !!!

The catholic church has uncountable mediators other than Christ, some of which are Mary, dead people, priests, the pope etc etc.

Jesus Christ is the only High Priest we need, not some catholic priest who may even turn out to be a paedophile.

I am delivered praise the LORD.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 31, 2011
mary !! Mary !! I commit myself unto your care.pls pray 4 me n present my intentions before ur son our Lord Jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2011
chukwudi44:

mary !! Mary !! I commit myself unto your care.pls pray 4 me n present my intentions before your son our Lord Jesus christ

Mary's Ascension into Heaven to become a Queen (Queen of Heaven) right beside the King of Kings - now what do you call that. consensual incest between mum and son, urrrrgh. this is downright disgusting
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by italo: 3:36pm On May 31, 2011
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by MrResource(m): 4:11pm On May 31, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Hi Bro. I attend the Church of Christ, also known as the Spiritual Bride of Christ.

Sorry to upset you but this is the TRUTH, I was in the catholic church for many years and during that period I had no LIFE of GOD in me.

I have seen people that take holy communion engage in all manner of wickedness including fraud, slander, perverted SEX, lying , fighting, occult etc etc . In essence it is a dead church and therefore cannot offer the power of GOD to its members to overcome SIN and SATAN.

I used to bow before the altar, sprinkle holy water , pray with the rosary etc and yet I felt the same if not worse.

But tell me , why on earth should I go to a priest, a man like me to confess my sins ? What other heresy can be worse than this , not to forget praying to dead saints and Mary. Disgrace !!!

The catholic church has uncountable mediators other than Christ, some of which are Mary, dead people, priests, the pope etc etc.

Jesus Christ is the only High Priest we need, not some catholic priest who may even turn out to be a paedophile.

I am delivered praise the LORD.

hmmmmmmm
Church of Christ (Spiritual bride of Christ), why the bride? no offense but trying to understand the context
and you have a lot of issues bro,

1) dead saints?
2) paedophile (you should say where this one is coming from)
3)dead church
4)power of God to its members (which kind of power do you need)
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 31, 2011
Mr.Resource:

hmmmmmmm
Church of Christ (Spiritual bride of Christ), why the bride? no offense but trying to understand the context
and you have a lot of issues bro,

1) dead saints?

Catholics ask St.Peter , St.Paul etc to intercede on their behalf.

2) paedophile (you should say where this one is coming from)

Where have you been, the news lately has been inundated with cases of pedophile acts carried out by so called celibate priests.

3)dead church

As dead as a dodo. Why ? Because they have grieved God and he has abandoned the cult to be overtaken by evil spirits.

4)power of God to its members (which kind of power do you need)

Power to overcome SIN and live a HOLY LIFE. POWER to overcome the DEVIL and his COHORTS.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2011
chukwudi44:

mary !! Mary !! I commit myself unto your care.pls pray 4 me n present my intentions before your son our Lord Jesus christ
^
You are praying to Ishtar/Ashtoreth. May God open your eyes! Your attitude is exactly like that of the children of Israel in Jeremiah's time.

Jer 44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 31, 2011
I'm at least happy the words catholicism and christianity are openly known to be seperate now.
Everyone knows where they are. If any truly care for their eternal soul and first and foremost even bother to READ the bible (even just the new testament), people will switch to where they know they should be.

The apostles and the real mary would probably claw out their eyes and hair in grief if they knew what people are doing with their names.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 31, 2011
aletheia:

^
You are praying to Ishtar/Ashtoreth. May God open your eyes! Your attitude is exactly like that of the children of Israel in Jeremiah's time.

Jer 44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

my good friend alethelia where did u see me mention ishtar/ashtoreth.what is wrong in asking my dear mother 2 pray 4 me.is that not d same way ur pastors pray 4 u.mind u she does freely without askoing 4 tithe.
@frosbel
d saints r not dead ,get that into ur fixed skull
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by thehomer: 6:44pm On May 31, 2011
2buff:

I'm at least happy the words catholicism and christianity are openly known to be seperate now.
Everyone knows where they are. If any truly care for their eternal soul and first and foremost even bother to READ the bible (even just the new testament), people will switch to where they know they should be.

The apostles and the real mary would probably claw out their eyes and hair in grief if they knew what people are doing with their names.

Catholicism and Christianity are separate? Are you serious? Do you not know that the Catholics actually make up about half of all Christians?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 31, 2011
^^Perhaps not in your country. But never have I heard the word pentecostalism before, only catholicism.

Guys please just . . . stop bowing down to idols and shrines. Same with christians, please stop idolizing your pastors. They are but men and fellow brothers in the field.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2011
chukwudi44:

my good friend alethelia where did u see me mention ishtar/ashtoreth.what is wrong in asking my dear mother 2 pray 4 me.is that not d same way your pastors pray 4 u.mind u she does freely without askoing 4 tithe.
^Some titles of "Mary of the RCC"
The Virgin
The Lady
Mother of God
Queen of Heaven

Some titles of Ishtar/Ashtoreth/Isis
The Babylonians worshiped Ishtar as “The Virgin,” “The Holy Virgin,” “The Virgin Mother,” “Goddess of Goddesses,” and “Queen of Heaven and Earth.” They exclaimed, “Ishtar is great! Ishtar is Queen! My Lady is exalted, my Lady is Queen…There is none like unto her.”

They called her “Shining light of heaven, light of the world, enlightener of all places where men dwell, who gatherest together the hosts of the nations”; and they claimed, “Where thou glancest, the dead come to life, and the sick rise and walk; the mind of the diseased is healed when it looks upon thy face.”

The Egyptians called Isis “the Great Mother” and “the Mother of God.” Isis worship spread to Italy by the second century and then throughout the entire Roman Empire. There the goddess was portrayed with her “divine child Horus” in her arms and widely acclaimed as “Queen of Heaven” [/i]and [i]“Mother of God.”

You don't need to call your goddess by her ancient name of Ishtar/Ashtoreth for this demonic entity is a master of disguises and has been adept at changing names depending on the culture - Isis, Ishtar, Ashtoreth, Cybele, Venus, Aphrodite and now Mary of the RCC.

Ponder again the rebuke in Jeremiah to the children of Israel worshiping the Queen of Heaven.

And yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. . .

[center][img]http://1phil4everyill.files./2010/11/wsb_485x690_semichld.jpg?w=399&h=568[/img][/center]
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by bulDozer: 9:14pm On May 31, 2011
Hail Mary!
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 31, 2011
@alethelia
so because amadioha/sango e.t.c are called gods ,does not mean whenever the word god is mentioned it refers 2 them.your analoggy is flawed
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Rich4god(m): 10:01pm On May 31, 2011
The BLESSED SACRAMENT, The HOLY EUCHARIST is the center of our worship. If only you know what the RCC teaches, you will not open your mouth to criticize them. Proud to be Catholic, Jesus Christ have mercy on us, Mother Mary help us
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 31, 2011
Rich4god:

The BLESSED SACRAMENT, The HOLY EUCHARIST is the center of our worship. If only you know what the RCC teaches, you will not open your mouth to criticize them. Proud to be Catholic, Jesus Christ have mercy on us, Mother Mary help us

Please do share.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by thehomer: 10:09pm On May 31, 2011
2buff:

^^Perhaps not in your country. But never have I heard the word pentecostalism before, only catholicism.

Guys please just . . . stop bowing down to idols and shrines. Same with christians, please stop idolizing your pastors. They are but men and fellow brothers in the field.

Then you need to get yourself better informed. Have you not heard of Anglicans, Baptists, Charismatics, Evangelicals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Pentecostals etc?
For pentecostalism, see here
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by thehomer: 10:11pm On May 31, 2011
Rich4god:

I really hope you've registered your complaints about the cover ups the Catholic church has been responsible for since you're such a proud member.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 31, 2011
thehomer:

Then you need to get yourself better informed. Have you not heard of Anglicans, Baptists, Charismatics, Evangelicals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Pentecostals etc?
For pentecostalism, see here

Grammer aside, the true definition of Christianity is the belief that we can only come to the Father[God] through Christ[God] who hears us through the Holy Spirit[God] who lives in us who have declared Him Lord. It is the Holy Spirit who helps us when we pray TO GOD.

Whoever throws anything else in there like Mary and whatnot suggests that the Holy Spirit[God] also has to pray TO MARY[definitely not God] before we can get to God again. Do you see the redundancy and dangerous assumption here? Nowhere did any apostle even mention such a thing. And to think all this began because a shiny figure appeared in the sky and told some people to worship her and spread her glory.

The progenitors of catholicism were the people ancient apostles warned of in the books, saying they were schemers and were introducing false doctrines. The same showed their fruit when they heralded the blood-soaked dark ages, killing witches and true christians alike.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by PastorAIO: 12:25am On Jun 01, 2011
2buff:

Grammer aside, the true definition of Christianity is the belief that we can only come to the Father[God] through Christ[God] who hears us through the Holy Spirit[God] who lives in us who have declared Him Lord. It is the Holy Spirit who helps us when we pray TO GOD.

Don't let Sweetmecta hear this o!±! cheesy
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 12:28am On Jun 01, 2011
chukwudi44:

@alethelia
so because amadioha/sango e.t.c are called gods ,does not mean whenever the word god is mentioned it refers 2 them.your analoggy is flawed
^
And it written: 1 Cor 8:5-6 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

It is also written: Luke 11:27-28 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

What an interesting contrast! Unlike the teachings of the RCC; Jesus himself declares that those who hear the word of God and keep it are more blessed than being the mother of Jesus!

To continue; it is also written: Matt 12:47-50 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And: 1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Contrast the blasphemous dogma of Mary as co-Mediatrix in opposition to God's direct word.

What is the difference between these two pictures?
[table][tr][td][/td][td][img]http://1phil4everyill.files./2010/11/pagan_god_astarte.jpg?w=538&h=540[/img][/td][/tr][/table]

The first is a painting by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo titled The Immaculate Conception of the Venerable Ones, or of Soult. The second is an image of Astarte (Ashtoreth). Notice the striking similarities.
Both figures have halos, are surrounded by other writhing figures and are standing on a crescent moon.

Your RCC by it's pagan traditions has corrupted the pure and Holy Word of God and is leading people astray.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by PastorAIO: 1:31am On Jun 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Contention over Nestorius' teachings, which he developed during his studies at the School of Antioch, largely revolved around his rejection of the long-used title Theotokos ("Mother of God"wink for the Virgin Mary.[/size] His enemy, Cyril of Alexandria, appealed to Pope Celestine I, charging Nestorius with heresy. The Pope agreed and gave Cyril his authority to serve a notice to Nestorius to recant his views or else be excommunicated. Before the summons arrived, Nestorius convinced the Emperor Theodosius II to hold a general council, a platform to argue their opposing views. Approximately 250 bishops were present. The proceedings were conducted in a heated atmosphere of confrontation and recriminations. It is believed to have been the Third Ecumenical Council by the Oriental Orthodox, the Eastern Orthodox, the Roman Catholics, and a number of other Western Christian groups. The council's rejection of Nestorius precipitated the Nestorian Schism, in which a number of churches broke with the Orthodox Church and became what was later known as the Church of the East. It is still rejected by the heirs to the Nestorian movement in the Assyrian Church of the East.

Nestorianism emphasized the dual natures of Christ.
Patriarch Nestorius tried to answer a question considered unsolved: "How can Jesus Christ, being part man, not be partially a sinner as well, since man is by definition a sinner since the Fall". To solve that he taught that Mary, the mother of Jesus gave birth to the incarnate Christ, not the divine Logos who existed before Mary and indeed before time itself. The Logos occupied the part of the human soul (the part of man that was stained by the Fall). But wouldn't the absence of a human soul make Jesus less human? No, Nestorius answered, because the human soul was based on the archetype of the Logos, only to become polluted by the Fall. Jesus was "more" human for having the Logos and not "less". Consequently, Mary should be called Christotokos, Greek for the "birth giver of Christ" and not Theotokos, Greek for the "God bearer". Cyril argued that Nestorianism split Jesus in half and denied that he was both human and divine. This was essentially a Christological controversy.

Although the Nestorian bishops had not yet arrived at the council, at the urging of its president, Cyril of Alexandria, the Council denounced Nestorius' teaching as erroneous and decreed that Jesus was one person, not two separate people: complete God and complete man, with a rational soul and body. The Virgin Mary was to be called Theotokos this word originating from Greek language "means god bearer".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Ephesus

The problem with this divine Mary Malarkey is that it directly involves the nature of Jesus Christ himself. Once you accept the notion of Original sin, Ie that we inherit our sinful nature from Adam our common ancestor then we find ourselves in a dilemma over the nature of Christ. Since christ was born of woman then he too must have the sinful nature. Remember the formula: you're not a sinner because you sin, you sin because you're a sinner.
The Sin follows from the sinful nature and not the other way around.
Well where does that leave Christ? He too must have inherited the sinful nature and so must be damned with all of Adam's descendants so how could he be the perfect sacrifice to carry all our sins? What about his own sins? Whether or not he actually committed any sins is not the matter. The matter is that he is a sinner by nature. Mary would have passed on her sinful nature unto him, no?
Unless Mary too was without sin!! Ye paripa!! The theological somersault that I will have to do to scale this conundrum is beyond my mental capacity o, I beg una. It is late and I have to go to sleep. night night. . . .
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by PastorAIO: 1:46am On Jun 01, 2011
oh, and by the way, Ephesus was the center of the cult of Diana the mother Goddess. So I guess in the end she got her way and the bishops would have been dumb to offend her on her territory.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 3:06am On Jun 01, 2011
[Quote]« #23 on: Today at 12:28:23 AM »

Quote from: chukwudi44 on Yesterday at 09:54:56 PM
@alethelia
^
And it written: 1 Cor 8:5-6 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.[/Quote]this verse is an indictment against the below verses, where the same bible has thrown in confusions calling God Lord and Lord God;
Moreover God said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: 'The LORD (YHWH) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.'" Ex 3.15
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[Quote]It is also written: Luke 11:27-28 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

What an interesting contrast! Unlike the teachings of the RCC; Jesus himself declares that those who hear the word of God and keep it are more blessed than being the mother of Jesus![/Quote]will the son of Mary love you more than his mother? at least his mother did not worship him or called him immanu, or said he is Lord, when he he is neithe Lord nor God. you are a testimony against yourself.

[Quote]To continue; it is also written: Matt 12:47-50 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And: 1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Contrast the blasphemous dogma of Mary as co-Mediatrix in opposition to God's direct word.[/Quote]is the first bold not an affront and direct opposition to the injuction of respecting your parents, mother in particular? when convenient, he simply became man in the second bold shedding both the Lord and God titles. you see how skiddish the whole thing is?

[Quote]What is the difference between these two pictures?

The first is a painting by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo titled The Immaculate Conception of the Venerable Ones, or of Soult. The second is an image of Astarte (Ashtoreth). Notice the striking similarities.
Both figures have halos, are surrounded by other writhing figures and are standing on a crescent moon.

Your RCC by it's pagan traditions has corrupted the pure and Holy Word of God and is leading people astray.[/Quote]implied god is no better, either. either on earth or in heaven; paganism is paganism however you dress it up. the God is always more than One and at least one of them is dependant, where at best one of them is the Real God [check john 1;1 and you will see paganism in there]. same idea is followed in paganism where the Lords are more than One; The real Lord and then jesus, though everyone is trying to hide the ghost. we will not let them forget you ghost.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by thehomer: 7:42am On Jun 01, 2011
2buff:

And the Catholics do not believe this?

2buff:

Whoever throws anything else in there like Mary and whatnot suggests that the Holy Spirit[God] also has to pray TO MARY[definitely not God] before we can get to God again. Do you see the redundancy and dangerous assumption here? Nowhere did any apostle even mention such a thing. And to think all this began because a shiny figure appeared in the sky and told some people to worship her and spread her glory.

The progenitors of catholicism were the people ancient apostles warned of in the books, saying they were schemers and were introducing false doctrines. The same showed their fruit when they heralded the blood-soaked dark ages, killing witches and true christians alike.

The Catholics had to excuse Jesus from sin as Pastor AIO pointed out. Or do you think Jesus also had this original sin?
This is why attempts to discredit other sects of Christianity simply amounts to a No True Scotsman fallacy.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2011
I can't understand this!!! A christian posts this picture and sees all the myths about virgin mother and god child BUT still manages to think that his is real and not myth; even though all the other virgin/ god child myths predates his own. Talk about cognitive dissonance in overdrive.

Lmao, anyway if you can just claim that the others are "demons" I guess you've covered your a$$.
Nothing makes me mad and still makes me laugh outloud like christianity does!!! It's only christian ignorance that can make the  adherents mock the original. All you christians that are always castigating the Catholic church are actually the heretics and blasphemers thanks to Martin Luther who was also a virulent anti semite. Where do you think Hitler got the inspiration from? Goddamn christian heretics, y'all better bow to your father, his holiness Pope Benedict the ped_phile.

Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2011
Martian:

I can't understand this!!! A christian posts this picture and sees all the myths about virgin mother and god child BUT still manages to think that his is real and not myth; even though all the other virgin/ god child myths predates his own. Talk about cognitive dissonance in overdrive.

Lmao, anyway if you can just claim that the others are "demons" I guess you've covered your a$$.
Nothing makes me mad and still makes me laugh outloud like christianity does!!! It's only christian ignorance that can make the  adherents mock the original. All you christians that are always castigating the Catholic church are actually the heretics and blasphemers thanks to Martin Luther who was also a virulent anti semite. Where do you think Hitler got the inspiration from? Goddamn christian heretics, y'all better bow to your father, his holiness Pope Benedict the ped_phile.

Guy there is a reason. Satan knew of God's plan for redemption but he did not know when, so he splashed out planting myths all through history with the sole intent of causing this controversy of parallel myths,ohh he also planted dinosaur bones and ibo midgets in Anambra state grin grin grin grin
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by PastorAIO: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Guy there is a reason. Satan knew of God's plan for redemption but he did not know when, so he splashed out planting myths all through history with the sole intent of causing this controversy of parallel myths,ohh he also planted dinosaur bones and ibo midgets in Anambra state grin grin grin grin

1 Corinthians 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Ooooohhh, how did I forget about the indomitable midgets of the evil forest. The scrappy little guardians of forest secrets. The helpers of the four eyed demon; the patron saints of hunters. The terror of infants. I heard they used to eat babies.
True story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Does Not Exist / How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? / They Lied! Brazil Flood Wasn't Because Of The Demonic Carnival Parade!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.