Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:57 PM

Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest (2707 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest by bigrovar(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2007
just want to know the view of Nairalanders on these topic that as been a top debate between me and my friend
Re: Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest by initiator(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2007
This is the oldest thug-of-war in nigerian literature 4 two writers with distinctly different styles but share some similarity in substance.

Achebe writes better prose and he's voice is more authentic and true to the soil.

On the other hand soyinka is a better poet and playwright with an eccentric tone and obscure outlook.

They appeal to different audiences but like everything nigerian their fans have demarcated the debate into igbo vs yoruba.
Re: Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest by SMC(f): 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2007
We have been here before. Please let us not go down this road again. The tribal lines and affiliations would once again come to the fore if we do. lipsrsealed
Re: Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest by Ndipe(m): 2:57am On Jul 25, 2007
This topic has been rehashed on this same board previously. Why dredge it over again?
Re: Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe who is the Greatest by creatorjc(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2007
i think the question should have been written as:SOYINKA AND ACHEBE;WHO IS GREATER?.anyway,ndipe's opinion is also mine and i think that does it for this overthrashed issue.

(1) (Reply)

Itan Alajo Somolu / Remember Everything You Read - Ebook / FEDDIE GIRL Novel: For all ex-boarding school students. Check this out!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.