Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of (5046 Views)

Share Your Favorite Movie SoundTrack / Checkout The Behind The Scenes Of These Movies. / Go Behind The Scenes As The Igbo’s Go On Set Of ADAURE For Their Own Version Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Jayboy124: 7:54pm On May 31, 2011
Those scenes that make you wanna be a film maker,

The scenes that made you love movies,

Those scenes that you wanna see over and over again,

I got lotta scenes like that from childhood,

I would love to know your favorite. Please share.

I'll mention a few myself.

On top of my list would be a scene from Million Dollar Baby. The scene where Clint Eastwood character finally helps Hilary Swank's character commit suicide. The point Clint Eastwood finally reveals the meaning of the inscription on the robe he gave. That has been my favorite scene for a while now.

I also got a couple from Scent of a Woman. The scene where Col. Slade (Al Pacino) want to commit suicide but his 'boy' meets him. The 'I'm in the dark here' line was quite special. Then of course the scene where he defends his 'boy' - 'this is a whole 'croko' shit', 'who the hell do you', 'there's nothing worst than an amputated soul' etc.

In Crazy Heart the scene where Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrel's characters perform the song Falling and Flying on stage.

The scene in Notting Hill when Hugh Grant's character impersonates a reporter to interview Julia Roberts character in her hotel room.

Hope to see your fave scenes soon. Will list more of mine as time goes on.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by obinna5000(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2011
- Amy Poehler's character peeing on the toilet sink in "Baby Mama"

- The Joker's pencil trick in "The Dark Knight"

- The Anti-gravity fight scene in "Inception

- almost all the scenes in "Saving Private Ryan"

- Radio Raheem gets killed in a riot "Do The Right Thing"

- Gene Kelly and Jerry mouse dancing in "Anchors Aweigh"

, more coming soon
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Jayboy124: 8:24pm On May 31, 2011
Dark Knight - 'why so serious?', the scene where the face I'd turned from the burnt side to the good side.

Saving Private Ryan, will totally agree with - almost all the scenes. Let me mention a few though - every scene the sniper recites bible passages while he's shooting, the scene where Tom Hanks character dies. He just keeps shooting. That lost look. I also loved the whole scene when they land at the beach and race forward, the massacre and all. The scene where the freed German is killed by the particular soldier who pleaded for him to freed in the first place. My favorite SS film. Haven't seen Schlinder's List though.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by pleep(m): 2:40am On Jun 01, 2011
This is a great topic, there are some movie scenes that are so brilliant they can give you chills from your head to your toe. My favorite that i can remember must be Scarface- the scene where all Pacino's character goes crazy with the machine gun.

Forest Gump- when Forest and Jenny are praying in the corn field " Lord make me a bird, so i can fly far, far far away from here.

gladiator was an incredible movie but i think the best scene is the first 'battle in germania'.

braveheart- when mel gibson is being tortured and yells- "feeeeeedom"

Pirates of the caribean- when Davy jones in playing on the pipe organ, and the scene when Jack sparrow is eaten by the craken.

the man in the iron mask- when the musketeers change the kings guards.

300- every single battle scene

Titanic- The love scene in the Rolls Royce, incredible. Also, the scene when Jack paints Ruths picture, first time i ever saw bosoms in a movie tongue.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by iice(f): 4:54am On Jun 01, 2011
The scene Aragorn gets crowned. The camera sweep from the ground up of minas tirith. Still get goosebumps watching that. - LOTR I kinda liked all the scenes in LOTR tongue

When the girl in the red coat stood out in the black and white scene of Schindler's List.

When the Argonath (the two statues of kings on the river Anduin) were first shown in LOTR

First time Trinity first motion stopped in the Matrix

When Faramir and his soldiers were galloping back to the white city and the Nazguls were on them, people started shouting Mithrandir, it's the white rider and his white light enabled Faramir and co to get to Minas tirith. LOTR grin

The scene when the guys were bullying Oskar in the pool and Eli swoops in and dismantles the bullies - Let the Right One In

When Captain Vidal beats the trapper in the face with a bottle. The other man with hammer to the face (I was like, this is sooo not for kids) - Pan's Labyrinth

Will come back with more
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by iice(f): 5:35am On Jun 01, 2011
The scene at the end of Lady in the water, when the giant eagle comes for the girl. The track prologue by James Newton Howard was spine tingling. One of my favorite tracks of all time. At that moment i had wars within myself of movie vs composing . .ended up with movies since it's my first love tongue

The road in the suburbs of Revolutionary Road and the accompanying track. You just a get the feeling of where the movie is going and what it really is about.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 6:56am On Jun 01, 2011
- Radio Raheem gets killed in a riot "Do The Right Thing"

That film makes me angry and depressed, cannot watch it anymore.

iice:

First time Trinity first motion stopped in the Matrix

I cheered loudly in the cinema, that scene changed the whole way action movies were filmed, awesome scene.

The court room scene in a "A few good men" when Tom Cruise goaded Jack Nicholson into confessing and he made that "The truth?, you can't handle the truth" speech. goosebumps!

Back with more soon.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 6:57am On Jun 01, 2011
The scene from American History X with the Kerb, for a week I was scarred by that scene, made me shiver whenever I remembered it. Have not watched the film again because of it. Too hardcore.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Jayboy124: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2011
The scene in Gran Torino when Clint Eastwood's character locks the boy up to go over for 'revenge' alone. Then the scene during the reading of the will when the lawyer mentions that the boy will get the car.

The scene in Annie where the song 'Tomorrow' was sang by Annie, Daddy Walberg, think his political opponent and wife. The scene was quite significant.

All the scenes that happen in Jude Law's character's cafe in My Blueberry Nights.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by pleep(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2011
Vieira:

The scene from American History X with the Kerb, for a week I was scarred by that scene, made me shiver whenever I remembered it. Have not watched the film again because of it. Too hardcore.
hmm. . . haven't seen that movie yet. I think I might rent it tonight. is it any good?
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
It is a very good movie and Edward Norton gives a powerful performance as a skinhead.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by obinna5000(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
Vieira:

@Vieira
That scene was lipsrsealed

Have you seen 'Audition' (1999) ?
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nope what is Audition about?
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by obinna5000(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2011
@Vieira
I'll just give a brief synopsis. Its a Japanese film anyway. After the death of his wife, a guy meets a girl through a fake movie audition he organized with a friend. The guy thinks this girl is the one not knowing she's a sick and twisted psycopath.

There's an extremely graphic scene where the girl uses a piano string to cut off the guy's foot.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by iice(f): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
The scene where Stargher's rises from his throne and walks down the stairs and you see the yards of cloth attached to the hooks on his back pulled like some giant cape I fell in love with Stargher there.  Then there's the scene the horse is split in to pieces by falling glass. ~ The Cell.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2011
obinna5000:

@Vieira
I'll just give a brief synopsis. Its a Japanese film anyway. After the death of his wife, a guy meets a girl through a fake movie audition he organized with a friend. The guy thinks this girl is the one not knowing she's a sick and twisted psycopath.

There's an extremely graphic scene where the girl uses a piano string to cut off the guy's foot.

cool, never heard of this.
Your description of the foot scene reminds me of the scene by Kathy Bates in a Stephen King movie, Misery I think it was called where she knobbles her prisoner with a hammer. that was disturbing
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by pleep(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
Those scenes that you wanna see over and over again,
that scene in basic instinct when sHaron stone uncrossed her legs. I must have paused and redound that a dozen times. grin
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Jayboy124: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
Who remembers the scene in The Patriot where Mel Gibson's character fights for the first time. That whole scene was so good. Remember when he continued striking as his kids watched.

Halle Berry's sex scene with Billy Bob in Monster's Ball was awesome. Most times I wonder if cameras were fixed all over the place and they were left all alone, lol.

In Reloaded, a Nigerian film, there was this scene Stephinie Okereke's character 'feeds' Van Vicker's character some cake.

In Jozi Kings, the first scene is also the last scene. After a shoot-out, the two guys both injured and bleeding, got talking, one of the guys, looks around to see the beautiful lights of Jozi and then says "I never knew Johanesburg is this beautiful at night, but like the said, every good thing never lasts."
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by obinna5000(m): 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
The scene in the movie 'Aliens' where Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley wears a mechanical suit and tells the alien "Get away from her, you b.itch!"
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Vieira(m): 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2011
pleep:

that scene in basic instinct when sHaron stone uncrossed her legs. I must have paused and redound that a dozen times. grin

ha ha ha see this perv!
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by taregs: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
get the package 2 start ur own printing of recharge cards 2day 4 only N1000.
Email me at
(ola.tayo@yahoo.com).+ a free printing software worth over N7000.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:59am On Jun 04, 2011
[size=13pt]I have favorite all the scenes on the Mr bones movies. . . they're always hot , funny and interesting grin grin grin . [/size]
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by ritchboy(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
Troy - The scene where Achilles tells Hector he'll dismember his body after killing him: "Tonight you wont have eyes, you wont have ears or a tongue, you will wander the underworld blind deaf and dumb, and all the dead will know: this is Hector the fool who thought he killed Achilles". Classic!

Scarface - The chainsaw scene, bloody! And of course the infamous "say hello to my little friend".

Matrix - The birth of bullet-time.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by agentzakky(m): 6:47am On Jun 06, 2011
A scene in the champ[b][/b] where jon voight character dies and his son was crying "wake up! champ! wake up. a real tear jerker.
A scene in sholay[b][/b]where Amitabh character got shot.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Shalome(m): 8:36am On Jun 06, 2011
one tree hill - Dan scott got called up for a heart transplant after waitin in line for months,he was happy, atleast until he tripped d medic carrying d replacement heart which was in an iced cooler, d heart rolled out n got gobbled up by a dog he had been pattin n playin wit, FUNNY N IRONIC
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by caspapa(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2011
“Rules of engagement” Samuel Jackson at the top of US embassy in Yemen with other solders, looking down at the protesters among them children and women with guns shooting at the solders, others solders are undercover they couldn’t see them, while only him could and he gave and instruction that they should “waste the mother fuckers”
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by soulfood(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2011
A team.2010.
Mr T's expression when the electric transformer fell on his van. "hawwwwwwwwwwww. i am gonna kill you,
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by oiseworld: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2011
(ARMISTARD) either a JAMES CAMERON FILM OR STVEN SPIELBERG.

the scene where the slaves whre freed by the US army, i almost cried.

the court scene where the lawyer ( anthony hopkins) called on the past leaders of america to help them make a right decision, even if it leads to a WAR,

the scene when the lawyer and the prisoner communicated just before the final court hearing.
the whole of that film

(AIR FORCE ONE)

the scene where the vice president asked, DO YOU HAVE THE PRESIDENT.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by mohid(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2011
Commando-the scene where Arnold landed on the Island with his boat and was getting dressed up with his gear and painted his face.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by femmy2010(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
Mel Gibson's Brave Heart when he saw the face of his betrayer in the Battle at Falkland.
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Knight1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2011
the moment Jack Sparrow was introduced in POTC, standing on the mast of a canoe grin grin- Really cooooooooooooool!!!!
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes - As Many As You Can Think Of by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
The movie pirates of d carribean
The scene where capt. Jack Sparrow was abt 2 b hanged, he's offence was read out to him,finishing with hes name, but he still remember to correct d man to always include captain to his name,he later escaped

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBN, Nengi Hiding Underwear After Having S*x With Ozo | Erica & Minjin Kissing / Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. / #bbnaija: Gedoni And Kim Knew Each Other Before The House (throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.