Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,196 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone (9603 Views)

Poll: iPhone Vs HTC Android Vs Blackberry

iPhone: 29% (32 votes)
HTC Android: 52% (57 votes)
Blackberry: 18% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Blackberry Vs Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2011
I am just wondering which of these phones is the best.
To me I think HTC is the best then iphone and least Blackberry.
But most of us in 9ja will say 'Blackberry' is the best.

In UK Blackberry is loosing its customers to HTC and iPhone by next year
I think blackberry will be struggling to keep up with HTC and iPhone.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by EKENEA(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hmmmmmmm HTC no nightmare
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
Yeah HTC because they have great OS and thier phone design is awesome.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
hmmm, u guys av started again, anyway i suggest u get a well pimped iphone4 or 3gs and ur smartphone experience will neva be the same again. that's all i av to say.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
EKENEA:

Hmmmmmmm HTC no nightmare
tumababa:

hmmm, u guys av started again, anyway i suggest u get a well pimped iphone4 or 3gs and your smartphone experience will neva be the same again. that's all i av to say.

So why are 9jas crazy about blackberry when HTCs and Iphones have lots of apps?
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
babseg:

So why are 9jas crazy about blackberry when HTCs and Iphones have lots of apps?
1. Power of aggressive marketing for bb by our network providers
2. Apple does not even recognize Nigeria as part of their market( nigeria is not on iTunes) so they don't av any partnership with any network in naija.
3. iPhones are quite expensive compared to htc n bb.
4. U need some IT experience to really enjoy htc or iPhone unlike bb( as long as they can ping, bb customers don't know any other thing to use d bb for).
and so on like that,,,,,
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 12:18am On Jun 03, 2011
[quote author=tumababa link=topic=679879.
4. U need some IT experience to really enjoy htc or iPhone unlike bb( as long as they can ping, bb customers don't know any other thing to use d bb for).

Well I have used bb and I am currently using HTC. You don't need any IT skills to use HTC or iPhone what u just need its a good internet services.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2011
HTC is a powerful device. Android has plenty free apps and even better interaction with d owner of the device.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2011
kaydguru:

HTC is a powerful device. Android has plenty free apps and even better interaction with d owner of the device.

Thank you. I just want 9jas that are crazy about bb to know that HTC is better.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Excelboi(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2011
To me,symbian phone beat BB by far. Sooner or later,BB will be history
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by softtouch2(m): 9:53am On Jun 03, 2011
Blackberry --- for newbies and lazy types.
HTC --- for those who seek to belong to hi-tech class, spend all their time keeping the phone on charger.
iPhone --- Hi-tech intellectuals who know what they are doing, and know stuffs work.

Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
soft-touch:

HTC --- for those who seek to belong to hi-tech class, spend all their time keeping the phone on charger.
iPhone --- Hi-tech intellectuals who know what they are doing, and know stuffs work.

Most people using HTC doesn't know how to manage the battery. These are the things to do to prolong the HTC Battery

1. Reduce the brightness
2. Switch off yor bluetooth and Wifi when not in use
3. Put your phone on Airplane mode when there is no service.
4. if possible all vibrations should be removed.

I only follow steps 1 and 2 and my battery always last for more than 24hrs with active use.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
Excelboi:

That is already happening in UK most people are now using iPhone and HTC. I am just waiting to see when 9ja craze about bb go switch over to HTC. grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
In the U.S Android is no 1 then iPhone 2nd bb 3rd. Symbian is fading out for good. Nokia has nothing to offer again. Nokia is already planning to move to Windows phone 7.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by N101: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
Excelboi:

Symbian was the best, in 2000.  Those days have long gone.  BB will probably still be there when Symbian has disappeared from the scene.
soft-touch:

iPhone --- Hi-tech intellectuals who know what they are doing,   and know stuffs work.

@ bold, funny enough, the young IT guys prefer iPhones, the IT veterans prefer the HTC.  Their reason for this is that they don't like being locked into Apple's slaveship of iTunes and everything Apple - as far as they're concerned, it's too simple  grin grin
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by softtouch2(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
babseg:

Most people using HTC doesn't know how to manage the battery. These are the things to do to prolong the HTC Battery

1. Reduce the brightness
2. Switch off yor bluetooth and Wifi when not in use
3. Put your phone on Airplane mode when there is no service.
4. if possible all vibrations should be removed.

I only follow steps 1 and 2 and my battery always last for more than 24hrs with active use.

If you need to do ALL these for your Android phone battery to last 24hrs , why not Switch-off the phone for good? undecided undecided undecided
Thank God for iPhone grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by babseg(m): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
soft-touch:

If you need to do ALL these for your Android phone battery to last 24hrs , why not Switch-off the phone for good? undecided undecided undecided
Thank God for iPhone grin grin grin

you did not read my post very well. I said only step 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are just suggestions.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by softtouch2(m): 5:43am On Jun 04, 2011
babseg:

you did not read my post very well. I said only step 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are just suggestions.

Anyway, all well said.
I am once a HTC user myself, close to a year of using HTC Desire. HTC phones are great, but big battery drain.
No matter which type of ROM used with HTC, the batttery must drain.
Later I discovered it was a design issue.
Processor Chip on both Android and iOS can both handle Clock Speed upto 1.3Ghz or more.
Android default clock speed is around 988Mhz (0.99Ghz), Apple played safe by clocking default around 566Mhz to 600Mhz.
When running applications e. g Games, Music etc., The clock speed may step-up base on application demand.
Hence, a little game or music on Android will step processor to about 1Ghz or more, which mean more internal heat to be generated.
This is the main issue with Android running devices, The battery must always drain, unlike Apple and Blackeberries.
Anyone obese with HTC or Android phones can go for it, if you are ready to cope with her short-comings, it is a matter of choice.
My HTC Desire is on a long vacation now, reserve only for emergency.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by 1Emmy: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2011
HTC is the best
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by na2day(m): 6:13am On Jun 06, 2011
All of u complaining of HTC battery problem:
Note dat d problem is basically caused by d HTC Sense overlay, d thing is very heavy, resource and data intensive.
My advice, install a gingerbread stock rom optimised for your device from XDA and u'll be amazed at d new backup time.
GET RID OF HTC SENSE ASAP!
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 06, 2011
Iphone all the way !
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by daroz(m): 6:28am On Jun 06, 2011
Htc na baba. if you have used it at all, u will understand what I mean.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by texazzpete(m): 7:23am On Jun 06, 2011
Can someone please tell me what is 'HTC'?

This topic is as retarded as asking if Sony is better than Samsung. Last I checked, HTC was a company not a phone.
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 06, 2011
texazzpete:

Can someone please tell me what is 'HTC'?

This topic is as not-so-smart as asking if Sony is better than Samsung. Last I checked, HTC was a company not a phone.

HTC, ACN,CPC, CPS, ANPP, PDP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by na2day(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2011
texazzpete:
_SMF-BREAK_Can someone please tell me what is 'HTC'?_SMF-BREAK__SMF-BREAK_This topic is as not-so-smart as asking if Sony is better than Samsung. Last I checked, HTC was a company not a phone._SMF-BREAK_
HABA!
Thhe guy is talking about d myriads of HTC branded android phones, i think grin
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Suntemi(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2011
iPhone is the best.

soft-touch:

HTC --- for those who seek to belong to hi-tech class, spend all their time keeping the phone on charger. grin grin grin

I love this analyzes

Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2011
babseg:

babseg:

htc get design guy u dey see all those bricks with different slight colour os na there own make they make there own
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by 702: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2011
HTC any tym any day cool, jus make sure u carry along an xtra battery!
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2011
Trust Nigerians to follow latest trends
Desire HD all day
Bold 2 dey under bed
Me think BB's becoming less mainstream
Only time will tell if Nigerians would jump on the android trail soon
Re: Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone by OmoTier1(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2011
Oh goodness! this is my take;
# NOKIA for high school kids
# BB for campus wannabe look alike folks
# iPhone for early beders lucked in the small world of apple!
# HTC  na ba ba! For cooperate folks who knows what it means to be an all rounder mobist!

Just try Windows phone 7 or Android on HTC with HD, then your life will never be the same again ever!

oh by the way, here's my m-phone chronology;

Nokia 3310 » Nokia 6680 » Sony Ericksson w950i » HTC advantage x7500 (rock your world with big eyes!) » HTC and Samsung Galaxy (no offense - Next frontiers in mobi world)

HTC rocks and support for thier phones by the company and open source community is awesome! try XDA developers and HTC wiki to smoothen off the rough edges in your HTC experience!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Review: My Life Through The Eyes Of My Tecno Camon CX (pics) / Airtel 9GB For Just N3500?? / Prevent Apps From Force Closing On Your Android Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.