Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. (18833 Views)

Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart / Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) / 'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Aidejay(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2021
On October 10, 2021, news broke that Grammy-winning Nigerian superstar, WIzkid's groundbreaking album, Made In Lagos, had hit one billion streams across all streaming platforms.

This comes in less than year of release, during which the album has also become the highest charting African album on the Billboard 200 yet. The album has 322 million streams on Apple Music, 229 million streams on Spotify, 227 million streams on YouTube, over 170 million streams on Audiomack, over 40 million streams on Boomplay and 20.1 million streams on Pandora.

A few weeks ago, it was announced that 'Essence' alone had over 80 million streams on Apple Music.

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/music/wizkids-made-in-lagos-hits-one-billion-streams-in-under-one-year-of-release/15q5llx

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Aidejay(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Big Wiz has broken a major record of the popular music streaming site, Audiomack. The No Stress singer has become the first African artiste to reach 300 million streams for one album, Made in Lagos.

Audiomack took to their official Twitter page to celebrate Wizkid’s win and shower him with well-deserved praises. They also presented a Plaque to Wizkid who shared a photo of it via his IG story.

This accomplishment is coming a week after RIAA presented him and Tems a Platinum plaque for ‘Essence’ selling over a million units and days after Essence’s remix debuted at 10 0n Billboard Hot 100.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by zaxbash: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2021
For cheap Instagram followers please contact me

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2021
Baba nla, big wiz doings

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Aidejay(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2021
“Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.” - Walt Disney

Where we started VS where we are now

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Great
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Timagex(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wao! What a feat!!

Book an amazing wedding photographer now! cool Ember discount is on... don't miss it.. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by ATEAMS: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Nasso...

surround yourself with people who bring out the best version of you. who lift your spirits, hype you up, give you energy instead of taking it from you. people you desperately want to tell good news to, who will celebrate your successes and push you to new heights. who share your enthusiasm, and motivate you even further. it’ll change your life

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Petersamuel8(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
This same album that many Nigerians trash, especially Davido fans. Wizkid don put everyone for their place

70 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by ChasinGood(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Damn! Big Wiz don chop this year to the max.
Big ups,man.
But I'm still OBOsexual though grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Vinnie2000(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Nice one,
WizzyBaba! cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Lugianostar(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Buhari must hear this??
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by dyera(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
The post says 300 million streams, Op wrote 1 billion streams in topic. Op must have smoked weed before creating this thread.

Meanwhile Davido has quit music to focus on the battle for inheritance of their father's company among the Adeleke siblings.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by iamfromlagos(f): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wizzybaba!

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
OluwaBurna Nor Surpass them Again sad grin grin

Aidejay:
On October 10, 2021, news broke that Grammy-winning Nigerian superstar, WIzkid's groundbreaking album, Made In Lagos, had hit one billion streams across all streaming platforms.

This comes in less than year of release, during which the album has also become the highest charting African album on the Billboard 200 yet. The album has 322 million streams on Apple Music, 229 million streams on Spotify, 227 million streams on YouTube, over 170 million streams on Audiomack, over 40 million streams on Boomplay and 20.1 million streams on Pandora.

A few weeks ago, it was announced that 'Essence' alone had over 80 million streams on Apple Music.

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/music/wizkids-made-in-lagos-hits-one-billion-streams-in-under-one-year-of-release/15q5llx

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by EXLOVER(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
I was talking to my friend in the US, He was in the car and FM was playing at the background, i was shocked when Essence by Wizkid and Tems started playing.

I proud of Wizkid, small body Big Dreams, i won't forget that year i used to send Wizkid to go and buy coke and gala for myself and my girlfriend.

No Wizkid is richer than me.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Bvlgari: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
STAR BOY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by millionboi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Tinubu is a thief

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Eagle360(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Machala 1.

Let me wait for Righteousness2 for his word of condemnation grin

I sell data, patronise me. Very legit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by royalamour(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Essence made it so. I was surprised that one lad made a post about top 10 songs of 2021 and omitted the song "essence".

I realized he was just a boy.

19 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by globemoney01: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
This wizkid internet hype self..

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
The fact that he is chill and has no stress is so nice. Doesn't go about ranting and showing off with so much noise.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by PDinteriors(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Aidejay:

biz wiz silent ground breaker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Dshocker(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Interesting
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by JayCynic(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
I'm not trying to hate on Wiz Kid or his achievements, more power to him and it gives me much joy to see an African act going this far. Much Respect to him.

But I've listened to this album from crown to sole, and I can say there's nothing exceptional about it. Lyrically and sonically I can't see what makes it outstanding from your regular Nigerian album. There's 3 or 4 really catchy songs, there's a really good song with Damian Marley and the rest are nothing mind-blowing. There's no solid background to the album, there's no leaning genre, there's no much lyricism. It's just good hype and marketing IMO.

If you want to talk about an excellent afropop wholesome, soulful album with the Nigerian ambience. Go listen to Chike's Boo Of The Booless, this was by far the Best Album of 2020

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Reaumt: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Aidejay:
Big Wiz has broken a major record of the popular music streaming site, Audiomack. The No Stress singer has become the first African artiste to reach 300 million streams for one album, Made in Lagos.

Audiomack took to their official Twitter page to celebrate Wizkid’s win and shower him with well-deserved praises. They also presented a Plaque to Wizkid who shared a photo of it via his IG story.

This accomplishment is coming a week after RIAA presented him and Tems a Platinum plaque for ‘Essence’ selling over a million units and days after Essence’s remix debuted at 10 0n Billboard Hot 100.

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Amspecial: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Nara By Tim Godfrey Ft. Travis Greene / Lil Frosh Efcc Nbo Freestyle / D'banj Mr Endowed Remix Ft Snoop Dog (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.