Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? (6115 Views)

Do You Love Your Spouse Unconditionally? / Can You Love Someone This Unconditionally / Why Do You Love Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by aameyah(f): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2011
As humans, alot of times our love is based on conditions. For women, such conditions may be that we need our love to be reciprocated. We need a faithful man who can treat us right; a good, responsible man who cares for his woman and family.
For men, most of them want a woman that is physically pleasing to their eye, who respects them and lets them be the man in all ramifications.
If these conditions are not met, love is threatened. What then is unconditional love? Are we, as humans capable of loving our partners unconditionally?
Man, would you still love your woman if she were to transform into a nagging, rude, saggy busted woman tomorrow?
Woman, would you still love your man if he changes into an irresponsible, loudmouthed, pot-bellied man tomorrow?
Are we even capable of unconditional love?
Hmmmnn. . . .
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by Tingles(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2011
There is always a condition - looks, personality, wealth, intelligence. . .
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MMM2(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2011
angry
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by delicious1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nothing like human unconditional love.

Only God loves unconditionally.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by iice(f): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
deli.cious:

Nothing like human unconditional love.

Only God loves unconditionally.

End.
You can come close but it will never be pure unconditional.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by Zahnda(f): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2011
Isn't God scheduled to burn a whole bunch of sinners on judgement day? That sounds nothing like love to me.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by delicious1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hmmm. undecided
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MrCork17: 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2011
its difficult to love one puunny On conditionaly! angry
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by sexylogan(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
it depends. . .
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by kokoye(m): 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Tingles:

There is always a condition - looks, personality, wealth, intelligence. . .

All those things were present before I decided to make her my partner anyways.

Unconditionally . . .I think not. That is a very heavy word.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by 190: 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2011
which lady wanna  love me for good sex  unconditionally  angry angry

raise your hand up angry angry
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MrsChima(f): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2011
kokoye:

All those things were present before I decided to make her my partner anyways.

Unconditionally . . .I think not. That is a very heavy word.

I can love my husband unconditionally. There are going to be some things your partner may do, say, experience, or choose that you may not care for but if you REALLY love your partner then it wouldn't be a problem as long as your partner does and choose things with you in mind.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by kokoye(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
Again, unconditionally is a very BIG word in my book. . . I am human

Sorry I cannot give instances.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by HighChief4(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2011
It is almost impossible, there must be some certain things you love about the person
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MrsChima(f): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
kokoye:

Again, unconditionally is a very BIG word in my book. . . I am human

Sorry I cannot give instances.

Go with God you will be alright. wink
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by hbabe(f): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2011
I am not capable of this unconditional love; the only unconditional love I have seen is that of parent/child.
If my partner acquires a pot belly in future I can condone that but if he becomes irresponsible and loud-mouthed my love will surely reduce.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by kokoye(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Go with God you will be alright. wink

no you did not pull out the G word shocked
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MrsChima(f): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
kokoye:

no you did not pull out the G word shocked

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by kokoye(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
the joys of motherhood . . .I see wink
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by wakagirl: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
people can lie sha
the answer is NO one can love their spouse unconditionally, may be mother to child love sha but husband/wife no way
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by wakagirl: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
as in if a good wife change in future to a terrible being even have extra marital affairs d husband will still love her? or if the man become so irresponsible and sleep around with girls and maybe men his wife will still love him? hmmmm i dont ever see dis happening in my culture jare
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by MrsChima(f): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2011
kokoye:

the joys of motherhood . . .I see wink

Aww. you took the mothers out for Mother's Day huh? Did they share the joys of motherhood with you and inspired you to do greatness?
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by chibaby5(f): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
I believe I can. Loving your partner unconditionally dnt mean u dnt get mad at em. Dnt get it confused folks  cool
U can dislyk sum of their acts. dnt mean u dnt love em still smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by White007(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2011
unconditional love; a noble objective or a deceptive rationalisation?
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by White007(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
For you to be in a relationship that is unconditionally filled with love you have to find someone who you think you could love for the rest of your life. You need to find someone who you have a true connection to. However, loving unconditionally does not mean that you give into everything. Some things that your mate will do will be devastating to your marriage. Rather it be stealing money from you, having an affair, or just doing things that aren’t appropriate for married couples, you may find that you love has it’s limits. When it comes to betrayal or deceit, they are two exceptions. Loving unconditionally means that your wife can crash your car and you don’t get upset for the cars sake. It’s about still caring for her when she burns dinner or gains five pounds, if you can love without concern to change then you can love unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by shagaman: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
Unconditional Love happens mostly in films and probably in Europe or developed world, In 9ja e nor easy with the economic situation of the country no lady wants to date an Ebinna of a guy or Ambeloun, and no guy wants to date liability of a girlfriend.
You earn well,your babe earns well = Good and most likely a balanced relationship.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by frank317: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
if ninety percent of us beleive love cannot be unconditional, how then sixty percent of us believe that there is something like true love?

once love is conditional, then its not true love cry
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by ifffffy(f): 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
chi-baby:

I believe I can. Loving your partner unconditionally dnt mean u dnt get mad at em. Dnt get it confused folks  cool
U can dislyk sum of their acts. dnt mean u dnt love em still smiley

u are very right, it is very simple 2 love unconditionally, as long as dere is true love.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by oladayo042: 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2011
The topic makes me remember my macroeconomics lecturer who always use economics to analyse love and relationship. He posited that before you can love somebody, there is always a factor of "Because". If someone is asked why do you love that girl/boy, he/she will respond with - because he/she is God fearing, rich, intelligent, humble, genial, outspokeness, etc. He therefore argued that there is nothing called true/unconditional love without ceteris paribus.

The lecturer used to make my day lighter after hectic day lectures.
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by heavyg(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^
you make sense and your lecturer made sense too!
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by chibaby5(f): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2011
oladayo042:

The topic makes me remember my macroeconomics lecturer who always use economics to analyse love and relationship. He posited that before you can love somebody, there is always a factor of "Because". If someone is asked why do you love that girl/boy, he/she will respond with - because he/she is God fearing, rich, intelligent, humble, genial, outspokeness, etc. He therefore argued that there is nothing called true/unconditional love without ceteris paribus.

The lecturer used to make my day lighter after hectic day lectures.

Because of those factors, U love Unconditionally too I suppose undecided
Re: Can You Love Your Partner Unconditionally? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
the truth is that it is impossible to find a complete human being of your choice(he/her must get a fault which u dont like). no one on earth can get the whole condition which can satisfy a partner.
now the problem is that some (esp african women grin) hides their fault(that condition which his/her partner wont have like in the first place).
another prob is change;a partner might change in the middle of the relationship/friendship which for me can be acceptable in some cases like girls;getting fat,snoring why sleeping undecided,financial problem e 'cetra     man;finacial problem,pot belle e'cetra    but cannot be acceptable in cases like 1.cheating 2.acting strangely 3.complaining of money when you are sure he got the money e'cetra

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Deadly Terms Used By Women / T.G.I.F Hosted By Nl's Own Club La Romantique (2nd Edition) / What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.