Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! (5016 Views)

Is It Robbing God To Tithe On Your After-tax (not Gross) Income? / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2011
For all the pastors who have invented this 10% lie tithe on Gross Incomes while ignoring the plight of the poor and living in opulence, I warn you to FEAR God and repent.

If you had asked for tithe on 10% of their disposable income , it will still be wrong, but at least we might be tempted to believe that you still have a little compassion in you. But you demand 10% Gross, who are you to demand their money ? Are you not a Robber ? Stealing money that does not belong to you all in the name of GOD ? I fear for you.

The devils believe in GOD and tremble, yet you mere mortals, plagued with lusts and adultery with the world, have no fear of GOD in you. Your conscience is seared with a hot iron and hence you can carry out your diabolical deeds with impunity.

Just because God does not judge a matter speedily ( because of his mercy ) , does not in anyway indicate that he has overlooked your blatant heartless fraud.

Think about it, a thief might get away with stealing for a while but more often than not he will get caught and face the music.

When you steal 10% Gross from hard working beloved children of God to build your empires ( churches ) and satisfy your lusts , do you suppose that God cannot see your crimes ?

His eyes run to and fro  across the earth and he looks for justice but instead sees wolves in sheep's clothing , empire ( church ) builders, flock scatterers and men schooled in the art of deception.

Repent NOW otherwise your judgement will be as follows :

"They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. " Jude 1 : 12
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
I have been on nairaland for a while now though hardly do i ever make comments but i will say this of your post frosbel: No truer words have been said on nairaland until now and perhaps no truer words will be said again in a long time to come. May the good Lord bless you for speaking these truths.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
Hi Brother, thanks.

Most of the truths I have garnered from the words of the bible and various articles across the Internet.

I was once deceived by this false doctrine and always gave out of compulsion and fear.

But now I am free, YES giving is important and good and we must GIVE on the conditions below :

1. We give what the Holy Spirit leads us to give.

2. We must do this cheerfully and from a glad heart

3. We must make sure the money is used ONLY for the poor, widows, orphans, distressed and those missionaries on the mission field.

Giving to propagate false doctrine,, build mega churches and satisfying the lusts of many so called man of God is plain wrong.

God bless.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by SAKUR: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2011
frosbel:

For all the pastors who have invented this 10% lie tithe on Gross Incomes while ignoring the plight of the poor and living in opulence, I warn you to FEAR God and repent.

If you had asked for tithe on 10% of their disposable income , it will still be wrong, but at least we might be tempted to believe that you still have a little compassion in you. But you demand 10% Gross, who are you to demand their money ? Are you not a Robber ? Stealing money that does not belong to you all in the name of GOD ? I fear for you.

The devils believe in GOD and tremble, yet you mere mortals, plagued with lusts and adultery with the world, have no fear of GOD in you. Your conscience is seared with a hot iron and hence you can carry out your diabolical deeds with impunity.

Just because God does not judge a matter speedily ( because of his mercy ) , does not in anyway indicate that he has overlooked your blatant heartless fraud.

Think about it, a thief might get away with stealing for a while but more often than not he will get caught and face the music.

When you steal 10% Gross from hard working beloved children of God to build your empires ( churches ) and satisfy your lusts , do you suppose that God cannot see your crimes ?

His eyes run to and fro across the earth and he looks for justice but instead sees wolves in sheep's clothing , empire ( church ) builders, flock scatterers and men schooled in the art of deception.

Repent NOW otherwise your judgement will be as follows :

"They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. " Jude 1 : 12

Guy you are very right .
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2011
Those who give tithes give willingly by knowledge of truth.

1 Like

Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
These tithe collectors are all thieves, very soon God will disgrace all of them, thank God for the internet that has been setting a lot of people free from these tithe robbers.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by ogajim(m): 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

Pastor Joe Agbaje, welcome back! I don't think OP is attacking anyone giving willfully with full knowledge and a cheerful heart, what he he alluding to is the SCAM of GUILT and being called ROBBER for not paying 10% of gross income, even Caesar(Govt.) allows you to deduct flex spending, healthcare, 401k, etc before they tax you but these "MOGs" want 10% of gross.

Most people are beginning to see the light now which coupled with the economic downturn the World over has led to reduced "harvest" on the part of these Wolves in sheep's clothing, they have had to amplify their message to try to cover the loss of revenue or shortfall.

Greed is not a true Christian value.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
@ ogajim, my ID is joagbaje and I should be addressed thus thanks.

And concerning the rest of your post ,you should allow Froebel to speak for himself and not you on his behalf interpreting what he means.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by yommyuk: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2011

Agree!  False.

Over the past few months I have seeked the heart of God on the issue of tithing. The Spirit of God told me that what he wants is a cheerfully giver. I now give cheerfully and the results are Phenomenal  cool

If the Holy Spirit leads you to give 10, 20, 50 or 100%, do it cheerfully but not under compulsion.
When it is done under pressure it becomes a law which is of no benefit.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Joagbaje(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
Nobody should give by compulsion. Even God detests it. We give by revelation knowledge.

1 Like

Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
yommyuk:

Agree!  False.

Over the past few months I have seeked the heart of God on the issue of tithing. The Spirit of God told me that what he wants is a cheerfully giver. I now give cheerfully and the results are Phenomenal  cool

If the Holy Spirit leads you to give 10, 20, 50 or 100%, do it cheerfully but not under compulsion.

1.There is no fixed percentage to how much we should give

2. We give as the Holy Spirit leads

3. There is no compulsion

4. If you do not give, you are definitely not under a curse

5. But it is more blessed to give than to receive.

6. We should give expecting nothing in return

7. Cheerful giving brings Gods blessings and we can be assured we will never lack

8. We should make sure that we are giving for Godly causes as the Spirit leads and not at the whims of the church leaders.

Examples of the right giving :

- Widows
- Orphans
- Homeless
- Destitute
- poor preachers who are struggling to make ends meet
- Genuine missionary work

Examples of wrong giving :

- To pay the church mortgage
- to pay salary of pastors who are physically able to work
- Build more mega structures
- organising endless programmes
- fund lavish life styles of church leaders
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by yommyuk: 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
frosbel:

1.There is no fixed percentage to how much we should give

2. We give as the Holy Spirit leads

3. There is no compulsion

4. If you do not give, you are definitely not under a curse

5. But it is more blessed to give than to receive.

6. We should give expecting nothing in return

7. Cheerful giving brings Gods blessings and we can be assured we will never lack

8. We should make sure that we are giving for Godly causes as the Spirit leads and not at the whims of the church leaders.

Examples of the right giving :

- Widows
- Orphans
- Homeless
- Destitute
- poor preachers who are struggling to make ends meet
- Genuine missionary work

Examples of wrong giving :

- To pay the church mortgage
- to pay salary of pastors who are physically able to work
- Build more mega structures
- organising endless programmes
- fund lavish life styles of church leaders

No objection
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by adonn: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
Nairalanders when will you stop talking nonsense. I am sure no church forces you to give your tithes, so this discussion shouldn't come up. As for me I have been paying my tithe for as long as I've earned money. Paying your tithe is the right thing to do. I and my family have been paying our tithe and we have not lacked. Those of you who do not pay check yourselves and realise that you end up spending over the said 10% on Doctor's bills or some other wasteful expenditure as the devourer has not been rebuked. Read Mal 3:8-12, Neh 10:37,
And before you say that it's all in the old testament read Heb 7:9 as well. Abraham came before the law, but he too paid tithe.
By the way how much do you earn that you think a tenth of it can enrich a pastor?
Allow those of us who tithe to continue in our supposed stupidity, but stop bitching about it.
Also if the holy spirit has not yet lead you to pay your tithes yet, you must have the wrong one.

1 Like

Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by EarsWide(m): 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
@Adonn

Are you saying only non-tithers fall ill ? This is the kind of st*pid talk that the 419 pastors say.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Enigma(m): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2011
yommyuk:

. . .

yommyuk

I am so very pleased to read the above.

Let me add another twist for something to think about and why some of us will continue to fight the "tithing" scam.

"Tithing" is being used to fund the work of Satan!

If each one of us as individuals take 10% (even 5%) of our income and seek out genuine cases of people in need, you will see the difference it would make to people's outlook generally and especially people's outlook to Christianity. I daresay that it would lead to much spiritual introspection.

On the other hand, the more people "pay" the "tithes" into "church", the less they are able to be effective in fulfilling Christ's commission; they are less able to "do it to the least of these". Meanwhile the "church" uses the money for mostly wasteful and spiritually useless stuff; occasionally they will throw chicken change at the needy. An example is the so called "Inner City Mission" that Chris Embassy people were shouting about recently: chicken change from what the m-industry receives; some of them boast about their auditorium etc, is that what the God who does not dwell in tents made with human hands asked them to do?

Anyway, I repeat the point that "tithing" is being used to fund satan's empire and purpose.

Wanting to end on a positive note, I say again that I am really delighted to read your post.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 03, 2011
adonn:

Nairalanders when will you stop talking nonsense. I am sure no church forces you to give your tithes, so this discussion shouldn't come up. As for me I have been paying my tithe for as long as I've earned money. Paying your tithe is the right thing to do. I and my family have been paying our tithe and we have not lacked. Those of you who do not pay check yourselves and realise that you end up spending over the said 10% on Doctor's bills or some other wasteful expenditure as the devourer has not been rebuked. Read Mal 3:8-12, Neh 10:37,
And before you say that it's all in the old testament read Heb 7:9 as well. Abraham came before the law, but he too paid tithe.
By the way how much do you earn that you think a tenth of it can enrich a pastor?
Allow those of us who tithe to continue in our supposed stupidity, but stop bitching about it.
Also if the holy spirit has not yet lead you to pay your tithes yet, you must have the wrong one.

Rubbish talk.

I have not paid tithes for years and yet God has kept me in good health, provided all my needs and I am progressing very well in my career.

God has also kept my family in good health and has been merciful to us.

So what are you talking about ?

Please let us refrain from uttering random, baseless statements with no factual evidence to prove one's stance.

Shocking !!!!!
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 12:23am On Jun 03, 2011
Hey adonn, do you honestly believe that there is a correlation between faith and wealth?
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by adaybayor(m): 3:57am On Jun 03, 2011
Also if the holy spirit has not yet lead you to pay your tithes yet, you must have the wrong one.[quote][/quote]

this is bullcrapand i am sure you are just one of those damn scammers going about pretending to be MOG,
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by inedi: 8:45am On Jun 03, 2011
well if any man does not believe in tithing, it is left for him/her, the simple truth behind every giving, is your revelation.
God Himself does not force a man to do anything, even Jesus was not force to sacrifice Himself, He did it of His own free will. and if God has not anionted you to be His teacher, then you have no busness doing that.
The gospel itself is goodnews, it speaks good and not evil
Remember that God has never delt with the poeple directly, He has being doing it through His Anointed
If man can give to a King how much more a prophet
the bible says the gueen of shiba brought gifts to solomon, and solomon also gave her gifts
we dont pay our tithe to a man or a Pastor, even if we do, by your own small mind that the money we pay as tithe does not go to heaven, OK, the bible says he uses the foolish thing of this world to confirmed the wise.
we do not speak the wisdom of men, but the wisdom that we speak is of God.
to you tithing is a way of stealing from you, but to God He wants to bless you.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2011
well if any man d not believe in tithing, it is left for him/her, the simple truth behind every giving, is your revelation.
God Himself does not force a man to do anything, even Jesus was not force to sacrifice Himself, He did it of His own free will.

Tithe collection in churches is not through  freewill , it is throught satanic manipulation of gulible worshippers.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by KunleOshob(m): 9:10am On Jun 03, 2011
^^^
@Mr Bible
Nicely stated! Three gbosas for you. If na facebook I would have clicked 'like'.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by inedi: 9:13am On Jun 03, 2011
MrBible:

Tithe collection in churches is not through  freewill , it is throught satanic manipulation of gulible worshippers.

I have never seen or head of any that was forced to give his/her tithe, you were only tought the principles of Gods word and you were convinced, it didn't mather how it was communicated, at list nobody show you a gun, we give by conviction.
and what do you mean satanic manupulation?
I want to tell you this, your not given, satan is involved in it,
you most know that satan has never told any man to give, he will fight if
check out God, He aways says give, God is a giver,so it should be your character too.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Zikkyy(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2011
yommyuk:

true, and it also becomes a law when people are adviced/coerced to giving in percentages.

inedi:

it didn't mather how it was communicated,

it matters o!

inedi:

we give by conviction.

. . . that you will experience naira/dollar rain after giving abi smiley
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Zikkyy(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2011
Joagbaje:

this how pastors deceive congregation angry What truth are you talking about
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2011
I have never heard any pastor preach that paying tithes is of our own freewill, all I hear is that if you do not pay your tithes you are robbing God.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by inedi: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2011
MrBible:

I have never heard any pastor preach that paying tithes is of our own freewill, all I hear is that if you do not pay your tithes you are robbing God.

you robb me in tithes and offering are not mans words, but they are of God,so if a pastor tells you that if you dont pay your tithe you are rubbing God, he is only quoting God and His scriptures.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 03, 2011
you robb me in tithes and offering are not mans words, but they are of God,so if a pastor tells you that if you dont pay your tithe you are rubbing God, he only quoting God and His scriptures.
[size=15pt]So how is paying tithes of freewill? This is why it is satanic manipulation by pastors.

Tithes in the Old Testament was between the Jews and the Levites. Go to any Jewish Rabi today and find out if they collect tithes they will tell you no. These pastors that collect tithes do not even believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of us including the Jews.

If we were still in the Old Testament era these pastor collecting tithes will be stoned for blaspheming as they are not the ones to be collecting tithes.

These pastors are agents of the devil and their mission is to steal, kill and destroy like their father the devil.
[/size]
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
@adonn

I am sure no church forces you to give your tithes,

Actually the tricks they use are no different from using force, threatening Christians with curses when we have been delivered from curses through Jesus Christ. What more could be satanic than this ?

As for me I have been paying my tithe for as long as I've earned money.

Good for you.

Paying your tithe is the right thing to do. I and my family have been paying our tithe and we have not lacked.

I know multitudes who do not pay tithes and they are far more prosperous than you will ever imagine.

Those of you who do not pay check yourselves and realise that you end up spending over the said 10% on Doctor's bills or some other wasteful expenditure as the devourer has not been rebuked. Read Mal 3:8-12, Neh 10:37,

Lies, Lies and more Lies

lol,  grin. A very strange question indeed.

but stop bitching about it.

Wow and you are a Christian, using the b word.  Wonders will never end.

Where the Spirit is there is liberty, not compulsion. So not sure what spirit you have , especially when using the b word.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by ogajim(m): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2011
adaybayor:

this is bullcrapand i am sure you are just one of those damn scammers going about pretending to be MOG,

Adaybayor dude must really be under some OKUTA to be spewing this nonsense, do you have a JOB(regular)?

Where in the Bible did people other than farmers and livestock owners pay tithe? Did the tent makers, carpenters, fishermen, etc pay tithe?
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by nuclearboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
"Adonn" is a new name and ID for one of these crooks we have in here. Lets watch and see - he will NOT post on any other issue but tithing and prosperity, plus he will support only what Pastor Joe Agbaje and Chris Embassy says and eventually he too will be discovered to be another person that "dashed" Jo or one of the others his ID.

No need replying the guy - na dem dem
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by dorox(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
All these so called men of God especially those of the pentecostal/magical prosperity pedlars are in actual fact agents of the devil, their goal is to debase the priceless value of Jesus' ransom sacrifice to the extent that it can be measured in naira and kobo. All they talk about in their place of worship is how to get material prosperity by sowing seeds of faith. They have turned the house of God into an investment bank promising believers as much as a thousand percent return on investing some specified amount of money on their pastors/church/God. They crassly reinforce this warped unchristian value system on their members by rewarding the rich(ill gotten or not) among them with special front row seats closest to God pastor. At the beginning of every year as far as i can remember, they make all kinds of wonderful empty promises to their members à la this is your year of bountiful harvest, year of excesses, year of fulfillment and so on and so forth. In fact what they are able to promise believers at the beginning of each year is only limited by their imagination and at the end of each year the believers as a group are no better off making a lie of the preachers words. Just imagine how you would react if your doctor or banker gave you half as much false promises as these preachers, would that person continue to be your doctor or banker? Certainly not. Why then do we continue to allow all these evil men to make false promises and not hold them accountable?
 Just look at how poor nigeria is today, can you honestly say our poverty stems from the lack of church and church goers or the lack of muslims? We are poor because we are a nation of people that have lost the ability to think for themselves attributing every little thing that happens around us to the supernatural. When a car crashes or plunge into a river or something, we don't stop to question the state of the driver, the condition of the road or the serviceability of the vehicle in order to understand the cause of the accident and how best to prevent or reduce future occurrence. Instead you hear things like na mammy water, blood sucking demons were thirsty and all kinds of ridiculous stories comingfrom adults of normal intelligence.
In a nut shell, out of the abundance of Gods love for mankind, he gave his only begotten Son so that anyone exercising faith in Him might not perish but have a priceless everlasting life that money cannot buy. Don't let your pastor sell you short, being materially rich or poor is not an indication of your spiritual wealth.
Re: You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! by EarsWide(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
@dorox

Excellent!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent / The Crusades: Christianity's Violent Past / 10 Best New Whatsapp Facebook Status For Eid Adha 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.