Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (276764 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by smiler(f): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ese144: Pls what does Tese mean

TESA: Testicular S.p.e.r.m extraction-this is a method of extracting testicular tissues, which are then washed to find s.p.e.r.m.s. These s.p.e.r.m.s will then be used for ICSI which is a form of IVF but in this instance the s.p.e.r.m is injected directly into the extracted eggs.

@Omedit sorry for the none response to your question, I guess none of us here knows any ART centre at Ilesha. I pray someone who knows will come along soon.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by meme5: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good day all. How ar we al doing? May God ease our affairs. Pls does anyone know about the hope valley fertility center? Their success rate and the cost.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
pls I need help, doctor said my prolactine level is high & I'm not ovulating. I'm even lactating, my tubes are blocked. pls can ivf work for me?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
It should work for you but you need to balance your hormones by taking care of the prolactin. check the ttc forum, they have discovered quite a number of natural ways of reducing prolactin levels including ewedu. though dont know how effective it is but if you check google, there are a number of drugs that are very good in taking care of high prolactin levels. About the tubal blockage, some people claim flushing worked for them. You could also try that before embarking on IVF just incase you have hydrosalpinx in the tubes. All the best Dear, there is nothing God cannot do and also have in mild that your case is small compared to what a number of women are passing thru so you too will conquer infertility too by His grace.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by strides2014: 1:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Hello ladies! Spent the last few hours reading thru this thread and the verdict = MINDBLOWING!!! Simply amazing. Pity it took me sooo long to discover u sistas but better late than never. Congrats to all the mums and mums-in-waiting. Blendy77 u are awesome! I'll be sending u an email in a bit, kindly respond. I'll be sharing my journey later, make I sleep now. God bless us all!
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by bolanleife(f): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm new here, pls is anybody in d house aware of ivf centre in Ilesha?

i am aware there is a Doc. Owolabi a gynecologist from OAUTHC who has a private practice called Balm of Gilead in Ilesa
There is also another one in Osogbo called Ayomide Fertility Center
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
bolanleife: I'm new here, pls is anybody in d house aware of ivf centre in Ilesha?

i am aware there is a Doc. Owolabi a gynecologist from OAUTHC who has a private practice called Balm of Gilead in Ilesa
There is also another one in Osogbo called Ayomide Fertility Center

Pls what is their success rate? Someone told me Dr. Owolabi is a quack.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by bolanleife(f): 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
I don't know about him being a quack because I don't have any experience with him, but I am aware he is a consultant gynaecologist with OAUtHC, but has his own private practice.

The other doc is affiliated to lautech.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by excelvictor: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akiika:
@ Akiika
Pls can u give me the iya alagbos no. mine 08034925672. Thanks for your help.
@Elizapat,
IVF is In Vitro Fertilization, please read more on IVF or any health related matter on WebMD ( http://www.webmd.com/). I'm not a Dr. but you need to take care of that fibroid first. The semen falling back is another thing that my wife went through after our first child. OK let me share my story with you, i live in Houston Texas, US. My wife and i have a 4 yrs old boy and had problem conceiving afterwards, of course we seeked medical help here but didn't yield any result. My sis-in-law in Nigeria got my wife to speak to a herbal dr. ( iya Alagbo), she made some dried herbs that was sent to us. We soaked it in water as instructed and my wife took it a couple of times, she conceived a month after. By the grace of God, we now have a 4 month old daughter. If you think this is an accident, i have referred another of my friend in Dallas without kid after a 5 years old marriage and his wife is now pregnant. I'll be happy to give you the herbal Dr's no. should you decide to try this unorthodox treatment. I have spent over $5,000 in treatments here, but this woman charged less than 15,000 naira ($100). Good luck.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by excelvictor: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ Akiika

Pls can u give me the iya alagbo no(s). thanks for your help. my no is 08034925672.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by excelvictor: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Akiika,
pls answer me na,where is tha iya alagbos no. Plssssssssssssssss!
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by smiler(f): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2014
excelvictor: @Akiika,
pls answer me na,where is tha iya alagbos no. Plssssssssssssssss!

Maybe you should send her a pm, she hasn't been here for a long time.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by sammhi(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
The cost of IVF in Nigeria and the entire World is expensive, its easier in some countries where the government sponsors the IVF treatment for their citizens. Its expensive in Nigeria when you power your light with Diesel 24hours, drugs and some consumables are imported. The money spent to create a sterile environment is quite expensive. in all of this, there are IVF centres in Nigeria and India especially that are fraudulent and a lot of women in their desperation have fallen victim of this fraudulent centres.
Before you spend millions of naira on any IVf, do your research
find out if the centre is IOS certified that way you are sure they have an international monitoring body and hence will follow due process and work/procedure ethics. People wont tell you this but you should know that IVF is not 100% guarantee you'll be pregnant. it fails. Any fertility centre that gurantees you 100% success is Fraud!
There is a centre currently running a Bonanza on IVF/ICSI in Warri with IOS certification, my cousin had her IVF treatment there that succeeded last year. It might be the chance you've been waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
catchet: hey come on guys. d bridge clinic is not what u guys tink.Well, i work for the bridge n i know u tink dats y am saying we r not how some pple have painted us here but dats the truth. anyway, u have to see for yourself. i would also like to use this medium to let those who advertised their desire to become egg donors knw that The VIVA Center, which is the arm of the Bridge that sources for egg donors for our clients, really needs egg donors. if anyone is interested, or u knw someone who is interested, please contact me on 07065121916.we are actually the highest paying clinic for the donor programe (i have checked). so am waiting for ur calls and wish everyone trying IVF God's grace and blessing.

Hi, i've tried your number severally and it's not connecting.
Pls,i would like you to drop your email if you're still in search of an egg donor.
Thanks.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by angelicbiz(f): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Akiika:

@Elizapat,
IVF is In Vitro Fertilization, please read more on IVF or any health related matter on WebMD ( http://www.webmd.com/). I'm not a Dr. but you need to take care of that fibroid first. The semen falling back is another thing that my wife went through after our first child. OK let me share my story with you, i live in Houston Texas, US. My wife and i have a 4 yrs old boy and had problem conceiving afterwards, of course we seeked medical help here but didn't yield any result. My sis-in-law in Nigeria got my wife to speak to a herbal dr. ( iya Alagbo), she made some dried herbs that was sent to us. We soaked it in water as instructed and my wife took it a couple of times, she conceived a month after. By the grace of God, we now have a 4 month old daughter. If you think this is an accident, i have referred another of my friend in Dallas without kid after a 5 years old marriage and his wife is now pregnant. I'll be happy to give you the herbal Dr's no. should you decide to try this unorthodox treatment. I have spent over $5,000 in treatments here, but this woman charged less than 15,000 naira ($100). Good luck.
@Akiika,I'm interested,could you share the number here?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Jslconsulting: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2014
For couples trying to conceive for a baby be it low sperm count, reduced sperm motility, or not ovulating. There are natural products out there that have proven to be effective and could yield results within months. Getting the right information at the right place and at the right time is vital. Don't give up.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Penstef(f): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by helpforcouples: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
Penstef: [color=#006600][/color]hello all
Please i need your advice.
My husband and i have been ttc for two years and recently found out he has low sp count <1million ann 99% non motile. We are considering ivf although the gynae ddnt even bring it up at all instead he placed my husband on meds and said he will treat him.
I have some questions in my head

1. Can the IVF work with this sp.erm result status? Or maybe after the treatment

2. If I were to start IVF process, will i be able to continue well at my place of work? I mean, with all the test, appointment, procedures etc, should i take time off work to go full time into TTC via assisted reproductive means
Or is it something i can do while working

3. are there any women who got success with IVF while maintaining jobs, how did u do it.

My job is very demanding 7-5pm all week Saturday inclusive (half day)

Pls reply... blendy i would appreciate ur reply to

To answer your first question, there are procedures that can help even with a lower sperm count than your husband's. Either IMSI or ICSI should do but I will recommend IMSI.

Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected sperm injection (IMSI) is the latest advancement in the treatment of male infertility. In IMSI, sperm are magnified more than 6000 times in order to be able to select the best sperms. Pregnancy rates approach 60% and rates of miscarriages is reduced by 75% Indication. IMSI is especially indicated in severe derangement in sperm parameters and other indications are:
• For men with very low sperm count less than 2 million and with less than 20% motility (severe Oligoastherospermia).
• For men whose partners have had recurrent abortions in the first trimester (this exclude the contribution of damaged sperms).........

I will advice you visit Nordica Fertility Center. They are the First IVF centre in sub-Saharan Africa to procure the IMSI machine. You can book appointment for a free consultation by following this link http://www.nordicalagos.org/book-appointment.html

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
My husband and i have been ttc for two years and recently found out he has low sp count <1million ann 99% non motile. We are considering ivf although the gynae ddnt even bring it up at all instead he placed my husband on meds and said he will treat him.

1. Can the IVF work with this sp.erm result status? Or maybe after the treatment

2. If I were to start IVF process, will i be able to continue well at my place of work? I mean, with all the test, appointment, procedures etc, should i take time off work to go full time into TTC via assisted reproductive means

3. are there any women who got success with IVF while maintaining jobs, how did u do it.

It is well dear, but whatever decision you take pls don't include that Nordica in your plans to avoid stories that touch later.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by DutchessDiva(f): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by happigirl1: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2014
hi DutchessDiva,

Kindly assit me with hospital u got ur adhesion removes and how much it cost. please hope u had n complication after the removal, or let me hav ur contact so i can to you. i need to remove mind as well.

DutchessDiva: Glad to have stumbled on this forum. This is my second year TTC. Hubby has low sperm count and I had uterine adhesion following myomectomy I had last year. The adhesion had to be removed for a better shot @ IVF. Fingers crossed. Been using Nordica. They have been professional and emotionally supportive. Hoping for the best. Does anyone know anything about their success rates? Currently in Asaba, using their centre there.

One of the posts asked someone not to add Nordica to their plans to avoid stories that touch,pls I need you to explain more or share your experience. Just started off with Nordica, just concluded preliminary assessment, need to know whether or not to continue with them.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by DutchessDiva(f): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by DutchessDiva(f): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
http://www.nordicalagos.org/Pricelist-Lagos.html you can check their website for more details. Here is a link to their pricelist[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by DutchessDiva(f): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Happygirl1

http://www.nordicalagos.org/Pricelist-Lagos.html you can check their website for more details. Here is a link to their pricelist
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by surrogatesng: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2014
If you are an intending parent and need a surrogate mother visit http://nigeriansurrogates.com/
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014

You can contact via my email: rexcares4u@yahoo.com , so we can talk.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
vinediya: I just found this thread dis morning while searching 4 d cost of IVF in Nigeria. I'v been ttc for 7yrs now. Pls can someone recommend a good IVF centre in Port Harcourt and d cost? Ur response is highly appreciated.
send me mail on rexcares4u@yahoo.com so we can can talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.