Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (91467 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
Greencat:

Whats the benefit of this jet? Nigeria is filled with poverty striken people and  someone feels comfortable spending 4.2bn on a jet. For what really? Is the jet goNA BE TAKEN TO THE villages with no adequate light food or water to touch lives. I dont get it
I have consistently ask thesame question myself, how does owning 4 jets relate to winning souls in the remotest part of the world. Shey na jet dem wan take enter creeks, or those untarred roads, very stupid argument that defeats any logic.
To these loonies(stagga, dabrasca and their co-!diot) their sole aim of going to church hinges on materialistic expectations, their mentality and minds ve been systematically programmed to see their MOGs as demi-gods that can do no wrong and must not be questioned.
I find it hard to believe these lame-brains actually went through the rigours of university education to liberate their minds. Imagine the one that claims he is got businesses arguing like a toad, I mean, these religious bigots sound like those young saudis that flew planes into the world trade centres.
Bunch of kids that think little better than re'tards.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by baslone: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
maxpro-xl:

now lets do some maths. A N1000 book x over 7million copies = over N7billion sold worldwide in 2006 alone.
david oyedepo is not the only pastor that publishes books in winners chapel or in NIGERIA but he is one of the best marketers. they use both off-line and on-line(internet) marketing strategies. his books sells on amazon, facebook, yahoo & ebay.

MY PASTOR. SAM ADEYEMI of DAYSTAR BECAME A MILLIONAIRE FROM A SINGLE BOOK called PARABLE OF DOLLARS. now thats doing business with INTEGRITY while promoting PERSONAL TRANFORMATION.

D4MN! That's twice the sales of HOVA's Blueprint! lipsrsealed

He really deserves the swag!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2011
jaw jaw:

For all the prosperity christians around, the basic question is, do you worship God because of who He is or because of what He promises to bless you with?

Mind you God owes you nothing. He is your creator and he demands your praise and worship. Every other thing He blesses you with is 'Jara'. So please watch your focus for being a Christian.

Secondly, one of the basic guides of daily Christian life is to ask yourself in any situation you find yourself, 'What will Jesus do if he was in this situation?'
You can never go wrong if you adopt this strategy.

Using this same test, I want to ask, If Jesus was the one in heading Oyedepo's church today, would He be buying private jets?

Your answer is as good as mine!

Immaculate.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2011
It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

This is the unfortunate situation we have on nairaland. When a man has become God, and can do nothing wrong in the eyes of his followers.

No Accountability…
Given that these pastors not accountable, their congregations don’t know the total amount of tithes, offering, and pledges collected in their church. The same is applicable to the cash at hand or cash in the bank, total income and expenditures, and value of other investments. Yet, church members quietly grumble that pastors or leaders must practice what they preach, demanding that they must be honest, holy and righteous.

This scenario has triggered the debate as to whether law enforcement authorities search light should be beamed on the churches. Not a few believe that pastors should be made accountable. They should be made to explain where they get the money to buy jets, flashy and expensive cars, operate fat bank account, as well as the multimillion naira properties they own all over the world. On top of all this, there are growing allegations of infidelity among pastors, who deploy all sorts of tactics to lure vulnerable church members to bed. Some even sleep with married woman and feel no qualms about standing on the pulpit the next day to preach against sin.

In the final analysis, the timeless prediction by Jesus Christ is a potent warning to adherents of the faith: "Towards the end many false prophets shall come, they shall perform miracles in my name and many shall be led astray."

I rest my case. No need trying to convince those who aren't ready to argue, but want to convince others.

3 areas make a nation.
The moral state of its religious institutions
The moral state of its politicians
The moral state of its citizen.

in that order.

With the number of churches present in Nigeria, the level of corruption in the country has not reduced. The Pastors are buying jets, and the followers are donating to Papa.

'Come children, Papa is flying. See how God has blessed him. Let's continue tithing and donating so that one day I can pay your fees at his schools. Let's continue tithing and donating so we can buy fuel for his jet. We have not been blessed, because our faith is not strong enough. Let's keep praying and fasting for our breakthrough'

'But Papa, how much is your salary? Why does God want 10% when even the 100% is not enough to see us through the month? Papa, how can you say our faith is small when Jesus said even if your faith is small as a mustard seed, it can move mountains? Papa, please, Papa is flying and we're watching, '

'Pikin, you better keep quiet. Don't you know better? Never question the things you don't understand. They just seem that way. God's mighty hand is upon Papa. The rest of us may get His fingers soon, at least. Don't listen to those who ask you to question. Just be obedient and follow Papa's teaching'

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Greencat(f): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

I have consistently ask thesame question myself, how does owning 4 jets relate to winning souls in the remotest part of the world. Shey na jet dem wan take enter creeks, or those untarred roads, very silly argument that defeats any logic.
To these loonies(stagga, dabrasca and their co-!diot) their sole aim of going to church hinges on materialistic expectations
cry u cant blame them, they've been BRAIN WASHED!! The poor mases are just ignorant. I Mean imagine How EXPENSIVE COVENANT UNIVERSITY IS. Poor members of living faith cant even afort to go to that university.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2011
baslone:

D4MN! That's twice the sales of HOVA's Blueprint! lipsrsealed

He really deserves the swag!

lol. . This got me LMAO.
Na wa o. . . .e be like say na only menbers dey buy these books cos they are not even as popular as their sales figure, 7million copies and na very few people don read am. . . .even Achebe's and Wole Soyinka books never get these kind of sales yet they are so popularly aclaimed. Mehn, I don begin reason this my calling o. . . e be lile say i go need go polish my accent, prolly get an american accent, yeah, that $hit is so hip and it sells. Then again I need some of them sweet religious lingos and soundbites, nothing gives placebo effects like those nice-feel-good sound bites from the MOGs, reminds me of James Brown screaming; "wow, I feel good" . . Lol. .crazy robot xtians.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

lol. . This got me LMAO.
Na wa o. . . .e be like say na only menbers dey buy these books cos they are not even as popular as their sales figure, 7million copies and na very few people don read am. . . .even Achebe's and Wole Soyinka books never get these kind of sales yet they are so popularly aclaimed. Mehn, I don begin reason this my calling o. . . e be lile say i go need go polish my accent, prolly get an american accent, yeah, that $hit is so hip and it sells. Then again I need some of them sweet religious lingos and soundbites, nothing gives placebo effects like those nice-feel-good sound bites from the MOGs, reminds me of James Brown screaming; "wow, I feel good" . . Lol. .crazy robot xtians.
grin grin grin

Members are forced to buy copies, even those who can't read. the 7million figure is just made up.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2011
http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/prime/Cover/10820085539.htm

David Oyedepo, bishop of the Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel vividly captured the reason for the business approach of many Pentecostal pastors to evangelism in his book Exploits In Ministry.

In the book, he described ministry as "essentially business." He says: "Without doubt, one of the reasons why most ministries ordained of God fall short of expectation or collapse completely is due to their unbusiness-like approach to ministry. Ministry is essentially business. Jesus said: Wist ye not that I must be about my father's business (Luke 2:49). It is God's business, not the father's religion… We have been accused of turning ministry into a business. But that is not true.

We met it as a business, Jesus, the author and founder of Ministry told us it is a business."

Oyedepo explained that just as business involves investment and profit making, pastors invest in ministry to make profit. It is, therefore, little wonder that today, Oyedepo and some other wealthy pentecostal pastors have re-invented the core meaning of Christianity by pushing the frontiers of affluence in the socio-political, business and educational realms of Nigeria

I hope this puts to death this and similar threads. Now we know where what rock these guys stand upon.

He's a business man involved in gospel, not a clergy involved in business
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

lol. . This got me LMAO.

Retarded cretin.

A man writes more than 20 books selling millions of copies worldwide. How many have you written? What product have you brought to the human marketplace?

Retarded cretins like you are incapable of developing any creative product that achieves a wide appeal. That is why you sit down, call people church rats, and yarn rubbish.

Go shove your hate and beef down your poverty-stricken, retarded anus! angry angry angry
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by HNB1: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
Firstly i have to say, reading through this thread makes me really worry (especially as a young professional in corporate Nigeria) about how  bad communicating in proper English has become in today's age of abbreviations and chat language. I really hope in our  daily lives we know where to draw the line use appropriately language/grammar. It's one of the soft, really important skills we need as we move on and up in life. And it's something we can't blame on the government or corruption.    Secondly, Is it too much to wish that the soul saving missions of these mega ministries would just be focused in Nigeria, at least till visible differences appear in the lives of Nigerians like it did during the times of the missionaries. Let's start from home first, and we won't need all these jets,
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by nattyspice: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2011
@DABRASKA,you are a perfect example of an intelligent mugu.who told you oyedepo is man of God,you need to re scan your brains.when ever you hear sensible people talk of men of God,they actually mean Abraham,Moses,Elijah, David etc and not your oyedepo and his co travellers
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by hambehsam(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
Papa, is sitting under a tree today, because 30 years ago, he planted a tree. Instead of talking bad about who God has bless, why not plant your own trees today. If you think its that easy, ask people who are in ministry or pastors, if its easy to start and run a ministry.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by katsim(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2011
by gods grace,i will soon get there.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2011
Stagga. . . .okuta isreal ku gbio gi there for quoting me, Anuofia! You no dey fear? I be like your co-re'tards?
Show me one sweet talking pastor that exploits his congregation and I will show a bunch of imbeciles tha constitute the congreagation(stagga and other feeble minded Nigerians)
If you as much as had my reach and my influence as a person, you will see the folly in bragging on the internet over the nonsense you think you have.
Like I have told you before, you are a dumb kid and your pastor is a good mind freak, he has succeeded in messing with your mind like a rastaman's weed that you think and act like a computer virus.
In real life I will intimidate you intellectually and bully you physically, you can rant here and make claims to being an Eistan but no matter how hard you try, your very low I.Q betrays you and make you come across as re'tard making an attempt.
Enjoy the anonymity of the internet, tell us the fictituos story of your life, sprinkle it with some thrilling recitals of how you discovered the moon in your dreams and fed a million indigent people in your delusions, you can even go further to claim you fed the entire lineage of your familt with 1 fish and 3 loafs of bread, we will believe you, fool. This is the realm of the internet, you can be anything and claim anything if it makes you feel better. What a piece of a$s, so full of $hit and delusional stench!

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

Stagga. . . .okuta isreal ku gbio gi there for quoting me, Anuofia! You no dey fear? I be like your co-re'tards?
Show me one sweet talking pastor that exploits his congregation and I will show a bunch of imbeciles tha constitute the congreagation(stagga and other feeble minded Nigerians)
If you as much as had my reach and my influence as a person, you will see the folly in bragging on the internet over the nonsense you think you have.
Like I have told you before, you are a dumb kid and your pastor is a good mind freak, he has succeeded in messing with your mind like a rastaman's weed that you think and act like a computer virus.
In real life I will intimidate you intellectually and bully you physically, you can rant here and make claims to being an Eistan but no matter how hard you try, your very low I.Q betrays you and make you come across as re'tard making an attempt.
Enjoy the anonymity of the internet, tell us the fictituos story of your life, sprinkle it with some thrilling recitals of how you discovered the moon in your dreams and fed a million indigent people in your delusions, you can even go further to claim you fed the entire lineage of your familt with 1 fish and 3 loafs of bread, we will believe you, fool. This is the realm of the internet, you can be anything and claim anything if it makes you feel better. What a piece of a$s, so full of $hit and delusional stench!

Na you wey stone go smash im head, you bloody retarded piece of cow dung!

Go and work hard and buy your own jet. Bishop Oyedepo started ministry even before your mother dropped you into this world. Don't open your stupid nna meen mouth to abuse people who have worked hard to be where they are, you piece of pigeon droppings! angry angry angry

Whatever you have to offer, I will give it to you. Bumboclaat dog!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2011
Stagger,

God gave you a brain.

Use it to reason and stop defending mere mortals who falsely use the gospel for material gain.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2011
stagger:

Na you wey stone go smash im head, you bloody not-so-smart piece of cow dung!

Go and work hard and buy your own jet. Bishop Oyedepo started ministry even before your mother dropped you into this world. Don't open your silly nna meen mouth to abuse people who have worked hard to be where they are, you piece of pigeon droppings! angry angry angry

Whatever you have to offer, I will give it to you. Bumboclaat dog!
aturu hausa, make Amadioha plague you with acute mental disorder worse than you presently are suffering.
What a stark !diot! If you open that dirty hole in your ugly face to mention my mother again from that your filthy mouth na sango go impregnate your mamma with triplet of bush babies. stoooopid genetic garbage that should ve been killed at inception with a few  contraceptive pills and flush your carcass droppings down a dirty pit toilet where you belong, you scumbag.
For fck sake use that brain of yours if you ve got one, you sound like a dense air-bag.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
uhonmora:

Stagger,

God gave you a brain.

Use it to reason and stop defending mere mortals who falsely use the gospel for material gain.

Let me ask you a question: How many books has Bishop Oyedepo sold since he started ministry 35 years ago?

If you do not have the answer to that question, then you have no right to accuse anyone for using the gospel for anything.

Both of us will be here and the man will buy another private jet. Erastus Akingbola and his fellow bank chiefs that were using depositors money to buy private jet, landed property, etc: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR A MAN OF GOD TO STEAL FROM HIS CONGREGATION FOR AS LONG AS 35 YEARS WITHOUT IT COMING INTO THE OPEN THAT THE MAN IS A FRAUD!

Go and do your research into how Bishop Oyedepo makes his money. I say it again: church offering can never pay for even a plane engine. The man has more business acumen than goats like rhymzy. I don't criticize such people. I read their books, study their lives and find out how they made it.

If I see someone riding a private jet, I will sit down and creatively think of how to do it, not criticize blindly! Only people who have poverty of learning criticize what they don't know and what they can't comprehend.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

aturu hausa, make Amadioha plague you with acute mental disorder worse than you presently are suffering.
What a stark !diot! If you open that dirty hole in your ugly face to mention my mother again from that your filthy mouth na sango go impregnate your mamma with triplet of bush babies. stoooopid genetic garbage that should ve been killed at inception with a few  contraceptive pills and flush your carcass droppings down a dirty pit toilet where you belong, you scumbag.
For fck sake use that brain of yours if you ve got one, you sound like a dense air-bag.

I think you want me to release some spiritual stuff on you. Maybe then you will know what stuff I am made of. You don't know me.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
Lol, release some spiritual stuff on your father, enwe! Who are you? A native doc, you wanna go fetish now? Hahah. . . . . So much for for daddy GO's teachings, what a pile of scum. If christians are suppose to be like you then am out, you make it look stooopid and dumb.
Nwa Dibia you can jerk off and release semen for all I care, you can only threaten your fellow zombies in your church. Go and suck on fat one, fool.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by maxproxl: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2011
"As a man thinks in his heart so is he". apart form the spiritual significance of this private jet, how much is a jet in the personal income of bishop oyedepo. a man with over 60 published globally acclaimed books (over 30 of which are best sellers). l must emphasize that all the reactions on this thread are un-called for towards a ministry that acquired its first jet in 1996. Pastor Adeboye, some Nigerian Bank CEO's also own jets. American music stars own jets, even some business men own jets. how much more a ministry as big as WINNERS CHAPEL worldwide. one of the most prominent ministries worldwide.

lets go down memory lane. when the church had nothing in 1983 when they started, David Oyedepo already proclaimed things to come in line with a specific divine mandate. one of the things he emphasized then was FAITH TERBANACLE(50,000 seater auditorium), BOOK PUBLISHING and the PRIVATE JETS. some people left the church then as they couldnt understand why a poor young oyedepo then can be so confident in abject poverty. to them, he was an arrogant young preacher. its the power of VISION. l have a family member who witnessed all what bishop proclaimed back then.

THE BASIC TRUTH is that its a product of necessity which relates with a divine mandate, size of their ministry, envagelism & supernatural provision. some of these pastors didnt even pay a dime for this luxury product. its all to the glory of GOD, take PASTOR KENETH COPELAND that has given out over 26-privates jets to other ministries as gifts. he even has an AIRPORT. now thats GOD in action. its beyond human comprehension.

OTHER PASTORS with PRIVATE JETS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- PASTOR ENOCH ADEBOYE
- Benny Hinn
- Frederick K.C. Price
- Creflo Dollar
- Jan and Paul Crouch
- K.A. Paul
- Joyce Meyer
- Paula And Randy White
- Mike Murdock
- Kenny Copeland
- Rod Parsley

MY PASTOR is next on the list: PASTOR SAM ADEYEMI(DAYSTAR CHRISTIAN CENTRE)
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2011
maxpro-xl:

"As a man thinks in his heart so is he". apart form the spiritual significance of this private jet, how much is a jet in the personal income of bishop oyedepo. a man with over 60 published globally acclaimed books (over 30 of which are best sellers). l must emphasize that all the reactions on this thread are un-called for towards a ministry that acquired its first jet in 1996. Pastor Adeboye, some Nigerian Bank CEO's also own jets. American music stars own jets, even some business men own jets. how much more a ministry as big as WINNERS CHAPEL worldwide. one of the most prominent ministries worldwide.

lets go down memory lane. when the church had nothing in 1983 when they started, David Oyedepo already proclaimed things to come in line with a specific divine mandate. one of the things he emphasized then was FAITH TERBANACLE(50,000 seater auditorium), BOOK PUBLISHING and the PRIVATE JETS. some people left the church then as they couldnt understand why a poor young oyedepo then can be so confident in abject poverty. to them, he was an arrogant young preacher. its the power of VISION. l have a family member who witnessed all what bishop proclaimed back then.

THE BASIC TRUTH is that its a product of necessity which relates with a divine mandate, size of their ministry, envagelism & supernatural provision. some of these pastors didnt even pay a dime for this luxury product. its all to the glory of GOD, take PASTOR KENETH COPELAND that has given out over 26-privates jets to other ministries as gifts. he even has an AIRPORT. now thats GOD in action. its beyond human comprehension.

OTHER PASTORS with PRIVATE JETS ARE LISTED BELOW:
- PASTOR ENOCH ADEBOYE
- Benny Hinn
- Frederick K.C. Price
- Creflo Dollar
- Jan and Paul Crouch
- K.A. Paul
- Joyce Meyer
- Paula And Randy White
- Mike Murdock
- Kenny Copeland
- Rod Parsley

MY PASTOR is next on the list: PASTOR SAM ADEYEMI(DAYSTAR CHRISTIAN CENTRE)
typical of a robot to regurgitate thesame rubbish
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by salykely(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2011
on that day many shall come to me saying lord did we not prophesis in your name, and i shall say unto them u get out , u worker of iniquity END TIME CHURCHES.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Roland17(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2011
we are talking of 4.2 billion naira here ohhh? Has anybody wondered what 4.2 billion Naira would do in the lives of the youths in that church? i mss FELA(abami eda) soooooo much!!!!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Solozzo(m): 2:38am On Jun 05, 2011
@maxpro xl

You are missing the whole point. Xtianity is not about how much wealth you acquired but how many lives gained and saved from poverty, disease and ignorance. That is the point of the story of the Temptation of Christ, and the statements share a coat with one who has none, and you cannot serve God and money. In a country with so much poverty disease and ignorance, how many souls has pastor Oyedepo educated , paid their medical bills, helped to become financially independent? For a pastor this should continue to be a burning passion in his life, and it is never too late to begin.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 5:54am On Jun 05, 2011
Nw i see dis place is filled wif stark illiterates nd paupers who jst believe dat dey shud b d 1 receivin alone,
Dey talk lyk dey hv neva read a bible in dier lyf! I wudnt b surprised if most of den r muslims, den dat means i hv bin wastin ma tym.
U seem nt 2 know who a pastor is, d bible sed, 'come let me make u fishers of men', Jesus ddnt giv dem fish! His job, cus I hv sed it tyms wifout numba, is 2 teach u hw 2 b fufiled nd successful, nt givin u! Do u know hw many pple he has helped?? So bcus u ddnt hear of it, he hasnt done anytin? If he helps pple, dey shud put it in d news 4 u illiterates 2 know, u guys r pathetic! Even tho he sells all d jets nd donates d moni 2 pple wifout moni, sum oda pple dat perhaps ddnt see anytin, will still complain, human beings r very hard 2 please, for christs sake, r we complainin 2 u goats?? Y nt face ur Mohammeds nd ur idols, bill gates!
Hw many pple him go help?? Mschewwww! Na poverty go still kill una gbeyin.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 05, 2011
@Dabraska
So you agree your Papa is a businessman, thank goodness
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 6:50am On Jun 05, 2011
musKeeto:

@Dabraska
So you agree your Papa is a businessman,  thank goodness

if u had been folowin ma prev comments since, u wudnt argue wif me, he's of course a 1st-class business man but he's also a man of God, dats wat i've bin tryn 2 make dese paupers undastand since.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2011
I'm not arguing with you. It's just good to know that Papa is a businessman who's also involved in gospel work,

So if you defend him, defend him as David Oyedepo not Bishop David Oyedepo

Because the fact of the matter is this: Bishops spending 4.2 bn naira on a private (not public) jet can never be supported by the Bible, only people who twist the words therein for their own good.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2011
“In a country well governed,
poverty is something to be
ashamed of. In a country badly
governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.”

- Confucius (China's most
famous teacher, philosopher, and political theorist, 551-479 BC).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In a country like Nigeria where over 70% of the population is desperately poor, such ostentatious and self-aggrandizing display of obsene wealth is extremely obnoxious - even by an 'unbeliever'. And for a so-called 'man of God', who should be an epitome of modesty and should be above worldly indulgences and materialism, to also be guilty of this is not only shameful but utterly despicable. We all know that these 'spiritual' thieves obtain their wealth ENTIRELY from their congregation in one way or the other; but then, assuming (but not conceding) that they acquired their wealth through more respectable means, it would still NOT be justifiable for them to display wealth and sinful self-indulgence in such a blatant manner. Nothing can ever justify such obscenity by a supposed man of God. NOTHING.

If you want to live in luxury and worldly enjoyment, give up your (fake) pastorship and join the rest of us 'down' here in the 'world' where nobody would judge you harshly for spending your legitimately or illegitimately earned money. But as long as you enjoy being addressed as a man of God - and the attendant spiritual authority and prestige associated with such position, you cannot sit on your high horse and attempt to have your cake and eat it too. That is completely unacceptable to those of us that conscientious and discerning members of society.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2011
dabraska:

Nw i see dis place is filled wif stark illiterates nd paupers who jst believe dat dey shud b d 1 receivin alone,
Dey talk lyk dey hv neva read a bible in dier lyf! I wudnt b surprised if most of den r muslims, den dat means i hv bin wastin ma tym.
U seem nt 2 know who a pastor is, d bible sed, 'come let me make u fishers of men', Jesus ddnt giv dem fish! His job, cus I hv sed it tyms wifout numba, is 2 teach u hw 2 b fufiled nd successful, nt givin u! Do u know hw many pple he has helped?? So bcus u ddnt hear of it, he hasnt done anytin? If he helps pple, dey shud put it in d news 4 u illiterates 2 know, u guys r pathetic! Even tho he sells all d jets nd donates d moni 2 pple wifout moni, sum oda pple dat perhaps ddnt see anytin, will still complain, human beings r very hard 2 please, for christs sake, r we complainin 2 u goats?? Y nt face your Mohammeds nd your idols, bill gates!
Hw many pple him go help?? Mschewwww! Na poverty go still kill una gbeyin.
First, kid you have shown no slight hint of education, your writing style is garbage and your thought process is fcked!
Reading through your shitty posts is enough headache, your claims of having gone to any University is in doubt-not with this dog's breakfast in the mould of a write-up, even my little cousin in secondary school will do a better job articulating his points than your below average, text-messages.
The people you call paupers probably can employ you, put you on their payroll and better your miserable existence. You won't even last a minute in any serious intellectual debate with the people you so carelessly call and think are illiterate. Just because most of us have decided not to flaunt our educational achievements here as it is not the centre of the topic, it does not give riff-raffs like you- stagga and the other religious zombies-the effrontery to make dumb assumptions.
And by the way, "Dumbo", there is no such thing as "illiterates", a little refresher course on the basics of grammatical construct; the word "illiterate" is an adjective and must not be used as if it were a noun, like you have been using it with careless abandon and ignorance. I bet your botched education did not cover that aspect. No wonder! If a little thing like that could evade you, one can only imagine how terminally difficult it is for you to understand the concept of modesty as it relates to the clergy and the spiritual/socio-economic significance of owning 4 private jets with employed engineers, the attendant cost of maintenace and even a plan to build a private hanger at the airport terminal.
Do you even realize how much it costs weekly to have a jet stationed at the terminal let alone 4 jets. Is owning 4 jets a priority of his ministry or just a status symbol or is it some strategic business plan to own an airline cos I know of private airline businesses that dont even have up to 4 airplanes.
As a clergyman there is a line not to be crossed as, ostentatious life style is part of it, there is no justification for a pastor to convert church property into a business enterprise, make money from it and further establish more businesses and leverage on the population of the congregation, any slowpoke can make money like that, it does not take rocket science to succeed that way. It is the level of compassion shown towards your flocks that makes the difference, the fact that you, as a man of God can respect their sensibilities and restrain your urge, put money in worthy causes not just only members of the church.
We hear of organizations and NGOs in far away countries donating relief materials to people in need and want here in Nigeria and all over africa. Take the Japan nuclear crisis for instance, they had private individuals from other parts of the world making donations in cash, relief materials, clothes, logistics,transportation and so on. How many of such donations or charity do we hear that our churches whose leaders live like mafians give to alleviate the sufferings in the world or is it just a case of using private jet to win souls for christ? I still can't reconcile how a very wealthy man can be winning souls of people in the remotest part of the world from his private lounge and jet cabins.
Your pastor and his likes are yet to do anything tangible to move this country forward, I am yet to hear that they made any serious donation to any university, secondary or even primary school in this country besides building their own very elitist models along side and keeping it out of reach. These people are all about themselves and their family and nothing more, they have perfected the act of mind control and power and have successfully deployed it on their congregation hence their zombie-like responses and reactions. The best way to tame a man's mind is to constantly and systematically create the imagery of an angry God who is quick to punish you at the slightest hint that you ask any questions or even impeach the motive and character of the people that claim they are his servant given their actions. People have surreptituosly equated God to some mindless deity that the MOG can direct to do whatever they ask at their whims and caprices even if it is bad. Imagine that nincompoop threatening me with dropping spiritual stuff on me(lol)? What a way to make God look like some lifeless evil fetish with no mind of its own. The concept of worship and praise has been swept under the carpet.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2011
Clap 4 ur self !diot! U must hv read d dictionary very well b4 respondi 2 me, considerin d fact dat it took u ages 2 respond. D trash u wrote was jst 2 long so I cudnt read. Must u show ur inferiority nd ur low self esteem personality 2 d world? In my school, i wasnt taught grammars, instead I was taught to impact my world positively. U must b so proud of urself ryt nw. grin grin
secondly, is it u dat wants 2 employ me? grin, u make me laff! U ddnt expect me 2 go 2 dat skul nd come out lookin 4 a job nw. Oh sorry, u r daft! U wud hv thought so. Its not bragging if u can back it up. U rily need 2 get ur head examined oh. U jst spit grammar b'cus u want 2 address me but nuffin 2 show 4 it. I pray 1 day, u get 2 understand wat financial wealth is. Pauper!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six And Seven Book Of Moses Free Download. / How Some Ladies Attract Spirit Husbands / Pastor Mboro Prays For Couple In Their Bedroom While They Almost Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.