Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (91465 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2011
dabraska:

Clap 4 your self !diot! U must hv read d dictionary very well b4 respondi 2 me, considerin d fact dat it took u ages 2 respond. D trash u wrote was jst 2 long so I cudnt read. Must u show your inferiority nd your low self esteem personality 2 d world? In my school, i wasnt taught grammars, instead I was taught to impact my world positively. U must b so proud of urself ryt nw. grin grin
secondly, is it u dat wants 2 employ me? grin, u make me laff! U ddnt expect me 2 go 2 dat skul nd come out lookin 4 a job nw. Oh sorry, u r daft! U wud hv thought so. Its not bragging if u can back it up. U rily need 2 get your head examined oh. U jst spit grammar b'cus u want 2 address me but nuffin 2 show 4 it. I pray 1 day, u get 2 understand wat financial wealth is. Pauper!

Can you for the sake of every decent Nigerian write anything sensible? Try it and do some justice to your degree qualification.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2011
justwise:

Can you for the sake of every decent Nigerian write anything sensible? Try it and do some justice to your degree qualification.

grin grin grin i see ur problem, u hv a huge challenge readin nd understanding, nd even answerin questions. Nw lemme make it easy 4 a dumb dude:
1. Is it ur moni dat he's using 2 buy d private jets?
2. Is ur private jet missing? (dat is, if u or ur generation, yet unborn will afford a private jet while in existence).
3. Has d buyin of private jets affected u in any way?
4. Do u attend faith tabernacle? Or has any member complained 2 u?

If ur answers r 'yes' so convince me,
but if its 'no' STFU! (incase u r 2 daft 2 know wat d means, it means shut the fck up!).

I know u hv a problem readin, so if u dont answer my questions, i'll nt respond 2 u!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
Smh. Trying to argue with brain-deadwashed folks is even worse than casting pearls before swines or attempting to sand-fill the atlantic Ocean. . .an exercise in futility.

Let OLEdepo and his felow charlatans continue to fleece their sucker congregations to maintain their luxurious lifestyles. After all, 'If mugu no fall guyman no go chop.'
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
pro01:

Smh. Trying to argue with brain-deadwashed folks is even worse than casting pearls before swines or attempting to sand-fill the atlantic Ocean. . .an exercise in futility.

Let OLEdepo and his felow charlatans continue to fleece their sucker congregations to maintain their luxurious lifestyles. After all, 'If mugu no fall guyman no go chop.'
you cant be more correct. If mugu no fall guyman no go chop, so apt!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rully2: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2011
Hmm, I see, Pastors flaunting wealth, living in luxury, how many wealth and luxirous lifestyle did our lord and Saviour Jesus Christ flaunt while he was on this earth, not because he did'nt want it or could'nt afford to, but because he did not see it as paramount.

And here we have so called men of God flaunting riches, what's the use of flying a private jet, if not for just unnecessary display of ones means of life and material gain, which does not say well of someone called a man of God.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by maxproxl: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2011
@ SOLOZZO & RHYMZ

you both seem not to get the whole point. the issue is not about the private jets & am not justifying the acquisition. its about buying a product you can afford, for necessity not for luxury. THE JETS ARE FOR THE MINISTRY & ARE USED BY DIFFERENT PASTORS IN DIFFERENT CONTINENTS. JUST AS OUR PRESIDENTIAL JET IS BEING USED BY PRESIDENT GOOD-LUCK & HIS AIDES. THE PICTURE THAT WAS POSTED HAD OTHERS WINNERS PASTORS IN THE JET.

I am not a member of winners chapel but l know the history of the church. EVERY ONE THAT WORKED WITH GOD IN THE BIBLE WAS SOCIALLY ACTIVE. DANIEL, MOSES, JOSEPH, JACOB, GIDEON AND EVEN DAVID(who God described as the one after his heart). JESUS himself said he became POOR for us to be RICH.

l av a friend who bought a second car(brand new) recently and his dad was very angry with him. the father said he was too young & wasnt married that he doesn’t need a second car or he should av bought a fairly used one instead. A 31 year old man that has been working for over 5-years, can u imagine. the dad has a poverty mind-set which has been programmed by his pastor. l wont mention the name of the church so some of you wont crucify me.

nothing is wasted in canaanland(winners chapel head quarters). THEY MAKE THEIR OWN STREET LIGHTS(AT THE METAL WORKS). THEY MAKE THEIR OWN WOOD PRODUCTS(TABLES, CHAIRS, DOORS etc) AT THE SAW-MILL, THEY MAKE THEIR OWN WATER(SATCHET & BOTTLE). THEY HAVE THEIR OWN HOSPITAL, FISH FARM, BAKERY, FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, 1000 SEATER RESTAURANT, 2000 SEATER RESTAURANT, MICRO-FINANCE BANK, PRIMARY SCHOOL, SECONDARY SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY etc. lN DOING ALL THIS, THEY CREATE THE LARGEST EMPLOYMENT IN OGUN STATE. THEY EVEN TARRED SOME ROADS WITHIN OTA(CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY).
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by maxproxl: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2011
@ SOLOZZO & RHYMZ

WE ARE BEEN BLESSED TO BLESS OTHERS & TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED. BISHOP OYEDEPO IS AMONG THE TOP THREE PASTORS THAT SUPPORT THE LESS PRIVILEDGED(ORPHANS, WIDOWS, OLD PEOPLE, HIV/AIDS PATIENTS etc). THE TWO OTHERS ARE PASTOR ADEBOYE(REDEEM) & PASTOR OYAKHILOME(CHRIST EMBASSY). dont get me wrong. other pastors support too, but from my research, these are the top three donors in Nigeria.

ANY PASTOR THAT STEALS CHURCH MONEY WILL DIRECTLY COME UNDER A CURSE. BISHOP OYEDEPO IS ONE OF THE MOST TRANSPARENT & ACCOUNTABLE PASTORS I KNOW. THEY CAN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY TRANSACTION MADE(INCOME & EXPENSES). EVEN TITHES & OFFERING SINCE THE MINISTRY BEGAN.

I ADVICE ALL YOU HATERS ON THIS THREAD, HAVE A VISION, BE PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR VISION AND FOCUS ON TURINING THAT VISION TO REALITY. THIS IS THE SAME SECRET OF ONE OF MY BUSINESS ROLE MODELS - ALIKO DANGOTE. NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS & NEVER GET SATISFIED WITH ANY THING YOU ACHIEVE IN LIFE. ONCE YOU BECOME SATISFIED, YOU BECOME OBSOLETE. ITS THE SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Pukkah: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2011
maxpro-xl:

@ SOLOZZO & RHYMZ

you both seem not to get the whole point. the issue is not about the private jets & am not justifying the acquisition. its about buying a product you can afford, for necessity not for luxury. THE JETS ARE FOR THE MINISTRY & ARE USED BY DIFFERENT PASTORS IN DIFFERENT CONTINENTS. JUST AS OUR PRESIDENTIAL JET IS BEING USED BY PRESIDENT GOOD-LUCK & HIS AIDES. THE PICTURE THAT WAS POSTED HAD OTHERS WINNERS PASTORS IN THE JET.

I am not a member of winners chapel but l know the history of the church. EVERY ONE THAT WORKED WITH GOD IN THE BIBLE WAS SOCIALLY ACTIVE. DANIEL, MOSES, JOSEPH, JACOB, GIDEON AND EVEN DAVID(who God described as the one after his heart). JESUS himself said he became POOR for us to be RICH.

l av a friend who bought a second car(brand new) recently and his dad was very angry with him. the father said he was too young & wasnt married that he doesn’t need a second car or he should av bought a fairly used one instead. A 31 year old man that has been working for over 5-years, can u imagine. the dad has a poverty mind-set which has been programmed by his pastor. l wont mention the name of the church so some of you wont crucify me.

nothing is wasted in canaanland(winners chapel head quarters). THEY MAKE THEIR OWN STREET LIGHTS(AT THE METAL WORKS). THEY MAKE THEIR OWN WOOD PRODUCTS(TABLES, CHAIRS, DOORS etc) AT THE SAW-MILL, THEY MAKE THEIR OWN WATER(SATCHET & BOTTLE). THEY HAVE THEIR OWN HOSPITAL, FISH FARM, BAKERY, FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, 1000 SEATER RESTAURANT, 2000 SEATER RESTAURANT, MICRO-FINANCE BANK, PRIMARY SCHOOL, SECONDARY SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY etc. [b]lN DOING ALL THIS, THEY CREATE THE LARGEST EMPLOYMENT IN OGUN STATE. [/b]THEY EVEN TARRED SOME ROADS WITHIN OTA(CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY).

How many people are in their employment to make them the largest employer of labour in Ogun state?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2011
^^^ Good question!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Pukkah: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
maxpro-xl:

@ SOLOZZO & RHYMZ

WE ARE BEEN BLESSED TO BLESS OTHERS & TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED. BISHOP OYEDEPO IS AMONG THE TOP THREE PASTORS THAT SUPPORT THE LESS PRIVILEDGED(ORPHANS, WIDOWS, OLD PEOPLE, HIV/AIDS PATIENTS etc). THE TWO OTHERS ARE PASTOR ADEBOYE(REDEEM) & PASTOR OYAKHILOME(CHRIST EMBASSY). dont get me wrong. other pastors support too, but from my research, these are the top three donors in Nigeria.

ANY PASTOR THAT STEALS CHURCH MONEY WILL DIRECTLY COME UNDER A CURSE. BISHOP OYEDEPO IS ONE OF THE MOST TRANSPARENT & ACCOUNTABLE PASTORS I KNOW. THEY CAN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY TRANSACTION MADE(INCOME & EXPENSES). EVEN TITHES & OFFERING SINCE THE MINISTRY BEGAN.

I ADVICE ALL YOU HATERS ON THIS THREAD, HAVE A VISION, BE PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR VISION AND FOCUS ON TURINING THAT VISION TO REALITY. THIS IS THE SAME SECRET OF ONE OF MY BUSINESS ROLE MODELS - ALIKO DANGOTE. NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS & NEVER GET SATISFIED WITH ANY THING YOU ACHIEVE IN LIFE. ONCE YOU BECOME SATISFIED, YOU BECOME OBSOLETE. ITS THE SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE.

Kindly let me into some part of your research findings:

1. What period did your research cover?
2. How much did the three of them donate within the period to make them the 'top three donors'?
3. Who are the next seven donors in addition to these three?

Thank you.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by vislabraye(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
Someone who attends Winners told me that the tithe belongs to the pastor. That he is like the high priest and is entitled to every tithe. I dont know how true this is,
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
maxpro-xl:

@ SOLOZZO & RHYMZ

While I admire the maturity in your tone, I can't help but notice thesame streaks with the others in your post.
Your claims that Oyedope is amongst the first top three philantropists in Nigeria is false and baseless. Do you have any fact to support that? Cos I know till date that no church leader in this country is known for any national philantropy besides the pittance they give to their church and church affiliates.
In Nigeria it is a known fact that the rich are not philantropic in the true sense of the word be it MOGs or business men. What they call philantropy is rich guys giving out couple of millions to elitist charity organizations they are connected with. Dangote donating a billion naira to Stella OBj's foundation that died a natural death after OBJ's dead 3rd term is an exampl.
These people do not give donations that actually impact on anyone outside their fold, in the US, we see church donations that help to procure drugs for people outside of the christian faith, pay hospital bills of people in hospitals that can't meet up with charges, some of them liase with international donors to give long lasting aids, like build schools, water projects, light project and so on. Tell me in all honesty, which one can we identify daddy GO with? Opera spent millions of Dollars building a school for girls in SouthAfrica to promote free quality women education, which one did Daddy GO build? convenant? You know better than to cite that.
People like Mandela,Ghandi and co are not remembered by the amount of their wealth but how much they touch people's lives. These guys left their comfort zone to help people and turn thier lifes around even when they had nothing to gain and sth to lose. Daddy GO can claim to create Jobs, build up Govt revenue through tax but at whose expense? Is he not making money to compensate for those? Is he not making way more than the pittance he pays for tax? Can you cite, with facts and evidence of daddy GO's philantropy to any serious cause outside of the church, winners?
Another thing I don't get is what exactly winners is? Is it a church empire with business interests? Can his business interests be separated from the church? Or are they two mutually inclusive subjects. Is it ethical for a pastor to leverage on both the church resources, size of congregation and buying power of the congregation to promote his own businesses. Monies that accrue from the church's business activities are they credited into church account or MOG's privat accounts. Is he the sole signatory to these accounts or is there a system or a constituted authority comprising of more than on person whose approval must be sought before embarking on any business endeavour, withdrawals or decisions. Or is it a case of absolute power on one persone on the premise that he owns and built the church and thus is entitled to such. I hope you all understand the risk in such a unilateral method of management cos winners is looking more and more like a business conglomerate than a church.
A situation where each of the branhes remit monies to the headquarters is nothing short of a banking system. Is not like any major event will come up and this very wealthy church as we are meant to believe will sponsor members to attend it free of charge. How many of you, members have attended the Shiloh programme free of charge, accommodation and feeding paid by the church management? But they are wealthy enough to buy four private jets for MOG and his co-pastors to circumvent the world with at their whims and caprices. Dont you see the folly in your argument? Why give your widow's might to people that have more than enough and keep asking you for more? Does it mean our contributions and profits made from the church businesses can't fund some of the church projects and endeavours without resorting to contributions from the congregations? So what is the whole essience of claiming that the church owns all these businesses when profit realized are not ploughed into the church but private accounts and so on.
Please lets be bold to call a spade a spade and stop this delusional defence.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by maxproxl: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2011
@ RHYMZ
its so sad and painful for you, your mindset is locked for u to say my argument is an expression of folly. am sure you dont have a pentecostal background. a typical mindset of most un-informed Nigerians. Tell me, are u a christian? If you are, do u give tithes & offering. If you do, what motivates you to keep giving. As l noted before, am not a member of winners chapel but l know their history. In your opinion pastors should be poor or are not allowed to acquire luxury toys they can afford. you even extended your hatred to dangote. even bill gates donates within the church and also to foundations owned by senators/govt officials in the US.

so u mean philanthropy within the church is not charity. society members are also church members. most of the prominent american music stars today came from the church. the fact is all pastors on global evangelism dont have to go through the hassle of flight delays, cancelled flights & airport issues. even pastors that cant afford this toy also desire it. but the proof of desire is pursuit. most of them desire it but dont take practical steps. l mean they dont pray about it with faith trusting God to deliver.

you will rather pity a struggling pastor but why envy a prospering pastor. its so sad the height of poverty mindset in this environment. the oprah winfrey u mentioned has her "private jets" & yatch at her beck & call. she also donates to pastors too. tell me, is there a sin in that.

God uses this same oyedepo to heal the sick, to cast our demons, to break the yoke of poverty, to deliver men from all oppressions of the devil. u need to travel out to see how church ministries are operated. oyedepo once said that when he visited Dr K. C PRICE in the US years ago, he discovered & learnt how a proper church office should be operated. that is a man who keeps learning. he came back to Nigeria & applied what he learnt. INFORMATION BRINGS TRANSFORMATION ONLY WHEN CORRECTLY APPLIED.

point of correction, l said oyedepo is among the top three "pastors" invloved in charity. not the highest donor in Nigeria. among pastors, he's arguably the number one donor not just to Nigerians, but also to foreigners. do u know the oyedepo u criticise has given $5million to a popular ministry in america towards the less priviledged. the senior pastor of that ministry gave a testimony of how he donated $1million at winners chapel and by that single act of obedience to GOD, he was able to acquire a private jet he has longed for. that pastor is the popular CREFLO DOLLAR. the same oyedepo donates constantly to the ministry of MIKE MURDOCK, BILLY GRAHAM, ORAL ROBERTS, KENETH HAGIN, KENETH COPELAND, BENNY HINN, K.C PRICE, CREFLO DOLLAR & TBN CHANNEL ON DSTV. these are all american based ministries. do you know that winners as a ministry pays tithes to redeem. Do u know that oyedepo supports most foundations in Nigeria. do you know, he supports others ministries involved in charity.

see the fact is, to command supernatural blessings, u need to sow seeds. not just cash, but giving your time, energy & intellect to others.  to judge this case, l will leave u to read carefully the article by "dele momodu" of ovation magazine in defence of PASTOR ADEBOYE OF REDEEM when people like you almost crucified him when he acquire his private jet. bigger and better than any one owned by winners chapel.
LIFE IS IN PHASES & MEN ARE IN SIZES SO FOCUS ON YOUR VISION AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS TO EXCEL.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by maxproxl: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2011
By Dele Momodu(PUBLISHER OF OVATION MAGAZINE) defending acquisition of a private jet by pastor adeboye; and by extension. other pastors too.

Please, permit me to digress a little. I used to think some people were above, and immune, from the usual vicious darts that Africans were fond of throwing at one another.

One writer once described Africans as a people who behave like babies. His theory was simple. Africans quarrel over every little thing. We are incapable of settling our differences like all responsible people do. We suspect everything and everyone. A man never dies here of natural causes. He must have been killed by someone, usually witches and wizards. We tend to vent our personal frustrations on others. We are a bitter people. Those you invited to wine and dine at your party, free of charge for that matter, are busy gossiping about you, and stabbing you in the back all the way.

It is amazing how we loathe ourselves. Our poverty mentality sometimes beat me hollow. It is as if some of us wake up praying for a rain of misery to fall on us and our neighbours. Many seem to be so melancholic and behave as if they carry all of mankind’s tribulations on their heads. Many of our associates are worse than Judas Iscariot, and more lethal than fake drugs. What baffles me is that these people pray more than praying mantis. Our case is so critical that no human being can escape the mendacity of our human dragons.

The brouhaha being generated by the purported buying of a private jet by, or for, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, worldwide, is really worrisome. Before I treat the merits, or lack of it, of the unfortunate and unwarranted controversy, let me try to introduce the man Pastor Adeboye, as much as I know him.

I don’t think I ever saw him in flesh on more than three occasions. It is necessary to clear this fact first before the busy-bodies jump to the conclusion, as usual, that I have been paid by the church to defend the purchase of the jet.
Of course, I’m proud to say I’m a great admirer of this wonderful man of God who has spread the words of evangelism, from Africa to the world, more than any soul I know in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

God has obviously inspired this great Nigerian from very humble beginnings in Ifewara, Osun State, to establish His branches practically on all the continents of the world. I have had the privilege of his spiritual company, when I joined about 200 other Nigerians in sailing with the man of God and his dutiful wife, fondly called Mummy G O, by their church members, on a one-week pilgrimage that took us through Florida, Cozumel in Mexico, Cayman Island, and Ocho Rios in Jamaica, about three years ago.

I saw Pastor Adeboye in his true meekness despite the awesome influence he commands on our planet. He was such a humble teacher on board as he took us through the scriptures. Even when we requested for a photo-shoot with him, he patiently took his time with all who wanted a snap with him. You can never accuse Pastor Adeboye of flamboyance, in theory and in practice. His children are very well-behaved, unlike Eli’s children in the Bible. This has endeared Pastor Adeboye to members and non-members of his church alike.

Pastor Adeboye’s attention is needed all over the world by those who believe in his anointing. I wasn’t surprised when he was named recently by Time magazine as one of the 50 most influential men in the world. This same man is being rubbished by his own people over a mere toy called private jet.

What are the arguments of his attackers? A private jet is too much a luxury for a pastor to enjoy in Africa. The huge cost, and there are conflicting figures as to how much it cost in truth and reality, is a waste in a continent ravaged by poverty and diseases. That money should have been given to the wretched of the earth, they opined. The impression that they create is that it is possible to wipe off poverty from the surface of our universe. This utopian view suggests that no man is entitled to any measure of comfort no matter how hard he has worked. This to me is an extremist view of human existence.

I say with all emphasis that man must live according to his needs and means. An Evangelist of Pastor Adeboye’s caliber is certainly a world traveler. He’s also not expected to travel alone. He would normally travel with his family and aides. He’s like our own Pope. Yes, the Pope travels by Alitalia, and I don’t know what arrangement the Vatican has with the Italian flagship. But Africa is different from Europe. Our airlines don’t really have the capacity to cope with the demands and services of air travels.
Pastor Adeboye obviously travels more than the Pope. His shuttles within Africa alone are extremely tedious, according to those who should know. As a little fry compared to Pastor Adeboye, I know from my personal experience of running international operations that it is always difficult to connect flights within our interesting continent.

On one occasion, I was flying to Seychelles Islands, on the Indian Ocean. I was to fly Kenya Airways from Lagos to Nairobi, and then to Seychelles. Unfortunately, my flight from Accra to Lagos did not land early enough and I missed my Nairobi-bound flight. The guys at Kenya Airways in Lagos were very helpful. They suggested I should go back to Accra to catch their evening flight to Nairobi. I got a flight from Lagos to Accra and was able to check in on my earlier ticket to Nairobi. I was assured I had not yet been off-loaded from Nairobi to Seychelles. And my joy was bountiful.

Now wait for this. Our flight was to leave Accra around 10.00p.m, and I waited patiently. We were told the flight was making the rounds of some West African cities and would eventually land in Accra. Nobody could leave the airport since we weren’t sure when we’ll eventually take off. Anyway, the flight must have come in around 4.00a.m, stealthily like a thief in the night. Most of the passengers were fast asleep, and snoring away in any available corner. Who are we to complain? We dragged ourselves up like some druggies and boarded the flight more than one hour later. When it was time to go, we received bad news. We must fly to Lagos to refuel because there was no aviation fuel in Ghana. What Israelites’ journey was this, I soliloquized. Unbelievably, I had done Accra-Lagos-Accra-Lagos in about 24 energy-sapping hours.

I was so tired and angry that I decided to stage a protest by not opening my eyes throughout our stopover in Lagos. I slept sonorously and woke up in the sky. I was congratulated by those who witnessed my resurrection from a slumber well executed. But my ordeal was not yet over. By the time we landed in Nairobi, I was foolishly elated to find my connecting flight on ground. I sped like Ben Johnson to the connection desk, where I instantly received a bombshell. My seat was gone because of the delayed arrival from West Africa. I thought this whole process was becoming one hell of a joke, and indeed a nightmare. How come our plane was still on the tarmac, I asked. Hear this please, the plane had actually departed but developed engine problems after flying for over one hour and had to return to base. Yeepa!, I exclaimed, like we do in our village.

What’s going to happen now that I’m stranded in Nairobi, I asked. I was politely told I was being considered on the next flight to Dubai, where I’ll be expected to try a connection to Seychelles. Even if Moses had resurrected he would not have done a longer journey than me. I told the harbinger of that bad news that what she was trying to do was not my portion in Jesus name! If my enemies were trying to deal with me through Kenya Airways, they did not meet me at home. I was very resolute that I will never attempt a merry-go-round through Dubai or wherever routes for that matter. Those Nigerians on the earlier flight meanwhile had joined me. Trust Nigerians in our traditional methods of conflict resolution. We all talked at the same time, and in more than a whisper. The Kenyans sensing trouble promptly performed a magic, a seat emerged from God-knows-where for me. By the time we eventually landed in Seychelles, my bones were throbbing violently. I just deposited what was left of my body on a bed after a quick dive into the bathroom.

I have gone through this detailed account of my epic journey to illustrate the frustrations of flying in Africa. Did anyone want, or expect, a man of Pastor Adeboye’s status to go through all this mess regularly? The answer should be a resounding No! In fact, after so many ordeals I suffered at airports, I prayed to God to give me plenty of money from my hard-work. I’ll waste no time in buying a private jet. On one occasion, we spent a total of 13 agonizing hours between taking off from Lagos and several landings through Accra, Abidjan, Conakry, and finally to Banjul. We spent five hours in Accra alone. In Abidjan, there was VIP movement and we were kept inside the scorching plane for several hours. We had the privilege of catching a glimpse of some of their warlords arriving from Europe, as ample compensation for our anguish.

I have come to one conclusion. Our quintessential critics must learn to be practical. Most times many of them act on hearsay, and form opinions based on prejudices. Critics hardly do well in politics and business, for this same reason. They behave like puritans who tend to seek and crave for a colony of Saints where none can ever exist. We can make our world a better place through constructive criticism. Malicious writings can never change anything. Many good people are running away from politics and public service because of this fear of serial critics who see everyone as rogues no matter how hard you try to stay above board.

I’ll rather be an “area boy” in Lagos than a “ghetto boy” in New York. The level of poverty in America is far more excruciating than what the Western media tend to parade on television as the state of squalor in most African nations. Yet the developed countries play host to most of the world’s destitutes and homeless people. But this has not stopped the rich from living large, and the poor aspiring to riches and greatness.

We must desist from promoting poverty and backwardness. There are so many great Africans who have made it the very hard way. They have never done government contracts. They have not collected papers of land allocations and houses from any government. They have not received brown envelopes from governors and ministers. They have done their jobs in God’s way, by adhering to the strict codes of their profession. And they have shown sufficient contentment for whatever God has done in their lives. Such people must not be destroyed at the altar of envy and bellyaching.

Small boys and girls are busy flying private jets all over the globe for holding microphones and singing a cacophony of pop and rock. Some of the showbiz personalities are even paraded on the billionaires’ lists, and are more famous than world presidents. Oprah Winfrey has her private jets and luxury yachts at her beck and call. She sits pretty on the cover of her own magazine every month, and the world is at her feet. It is the reward for her hard-work. How can we achieve such feats here when we are ruled by poverty mentality, and every successful man or woman is a target and victim of poisoned arrows? I wish to appeal that our icons be spared this torture, for God’s sake.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 10:47am On Jun 08, 2011
maxpro-xl:

@ RHYMZ
its so sad and painful for you, your mindset is locked for u to say my argument is an expression of folly. am sure you dont have a pentecostal background. a typical mindset of most un-informed Nigerians. Tell me, are u a christian? If you are, do u give tithes & offering. If you do, what motivates you to keep giving. As l noted before, am not a member of winners chapel but l know their history. In your opinion pastors should be poor or are not allowed to acquire luxury toys they can afford. you even extended your hatred to dangote. even bill gates donates within the church and also to foundations owned by senators/govt officials in the US.

so u mean philanthropy within the church is not charity. society members are also church members. most of the prominent american music stars today came from the church. the fact is all pastors on global evangelism dont have to go through the hassle of flight delays, cancelled flights & airport issues. even pastors that cant afford this toy also desire it. but the proof of desire is pursuit. most of them desire it but dont take practical steps. l mean they dont pray about it with faith trusting God to deliver.

you will rather pity a struggling pastor but why envy a prospering pastor. its so sad the height of poverty mindset in this environment. the oprah winfrey u mentioned has her "private jets" & yatch at her beck & call. she also donates to pastors too. tell me, is there a sin in that.

God uses this same oyedepo to heal the sick, to cast our demons, to break the yoke of poverty, to deliver men from all oppressions of the devil. u need to travel out to see how church ministries are operated. oyedepo once said that when he visited Dr K. C PRICE in the US years ago, he discovered & learnt how a proper church office should be operated. that is a man who keeps learning. he came back to Nigeria & applied what he learnt. INFORMATION BRINGS TRANSFORMATION ONLY WHEN CORRECTLY APPLIED.

point of correction, l said oyedepo is among the top three "pastors" invloved in charity. not the highest donor in Nigeria. among pastors, he's arguably the number one donor not just to Nigerians, but also to foreigners. do u know the oyedepo u criticise has given $5million to a popular ministry in america towards the less priviledged. the senior pastor of that ministry gave a testimony of how he donated $1million at winners chapel and by that single act of obedience to GOD, he was able to acquire a private jet he has longed for. that pastor is the popular CREFLO DOLLAR. the same oyedepo donates constantly to the ministry of MIKE MURDOCK, BILLY GRAHAM, ORAL ROBERTS, KENETH HAGIN, KENETH COPELAND, BENNY HINN, K.C PRICE, CREFLO DOLLAR & TBN CHANNEL ON DSTV. these are all american based ministries. do you know that winners as a ministry pays tithes to redeem. Do u know that oyedepo supports most foundations in Nigeria. do you know, he supports others ministries involved in charity.

see the fact is, to command supernatural blessings, u need to sow seeds. not just cash, but giving your time, energy & intellect to others.  to judge this case, l will leave u to read carefully the article by "dele momodu" of ovation magazine in defence of PASTOR ADEBOYE OF REDEEM when people like you almost crucified him when he acquire his private jet. bigger and better than any one owned by winners chapel.
LIFE IS IN PHASES & MEN ARE IN SIZES SO FOCUS ON YOUR VISION AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS TO EXCEL.

God bless u bro, dis rhymzo dude nd his pple r daft fellows! They hv all bin answered! I hv always sed so, u shud use d fact dat bishop bought d jets as a point of contact 4 urs. They r 2 daft 2 know dat. I hv decided nt 2 answer dem again cus dey tend 2 abuse d privilege of stupidity givn 2 dem. Mschewww! Maxpro, gud job!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
I am totally disappointed at you and the way you reason my friend. Besides, your posts just like Dele's sounds childish, uninformed and steeped with tantrums of a child.
While I will dwell little on your own posts, most of my comments will be directed at Dele's post.
Whether I give tithes, or the religion I profess is not neccessarily the crux of the issue here, we can discuss that later on over a cup of tea and cookies. Right now we are talking about the appropriateness of clergy men-living off the goodwill of the congregation and the church- buying luxuries that set a bad example to the millions that see them as role models.
The Pastor of CCC, Rev K C Price you so hastily quoted is arguably the one of the most controversial American Preacher. He is into Prosperity theology and heresy, he is known to be the loudest opponent of Materialistic and Prosperity doctrine in America. Obviously, Daddy GO gets his examples and mindset from his likes and our boy-loving Rev Eddie Long, the fruit does not fall far from the tree.
While I do not have problems with Prosperity theology, I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with the notion being portrayed.
First of all, if the prosperity gospel were true, every single person of faith would be showered in material wealth.
I know some well-off people of faith. I also know some very poor people of faith. At the same time, I know some very financially poor atheists and some very well-off atheists. Second of all, it implies a nonsensical quid pro quo(a favour given in return for sth). The entire idea of a prosperity gospel is based on an idea of direct reciprocity– if you believe in God, you will directly be given material wealth. This implies that God is some kind of spiritual ATM– deposit some faith and you can withdraw some cash. This implies a very direct connection between our spiritual choices and the material world. Yet, if that direct connection were true, people of faith would have all the material wealth and people without faith would have none of the material wealth. As I pointed out above, a cursory examination of the world shows this not to be true. One’s religion can play a very valuable role in helping a person choose to make positive choices that help themselves and help the world. If you use that guidance to genuinely become a better person, to give up negative habits and choose positive ones, you undoubtedly are increasing your opportunties for material wealth. However, it requires positive choices and positive actions from you, and there are many sources that people draw from beyond faith to make those positive choices. All of the goodness that the world has to offer comes from you and your actions and choices. I do believe that positive rewards come from making choices that are positive not only for you, but for other people. Those are generally the types of actions recommended by the major religions of the world– helping others in need, being honest in your dealings with others, respecting others, and so on. Those will result in positive outcomes over the long haul, but it’s not a direct relationship at all. Spirituality is never a direct quid pro quo(give and take principle). It provides its own rewards, ones that aren’t of the sparkly and luxurious kind.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
Now coming to Dele Momodu's rant and endless excuses to defend the defenceless, I dont expect anything honest from the man, afterall, his entire magazine business empire flourishies and depend heavily on sychophancy and the patronage of this thieving elite. I bet he got an upclose interview and photo shoots of the MOG and the interiors of his Private Jet for his sychophancy. Is it not obvious that his crappy write up lacks objectivity and sincerity of purpose? The write up is so steeped with egotistical references that shows he is only interested in himself and his kind.
This was thesame man that openly showed a bias support for Tokunbo Afikunyomi(knowing his very corrupt antecedent) during the AC guber primaries, It therefore seems to me that when someone is in his good books, they can do no wrong, but God help those who are in his bad books. What a chameleon! Now to the subject matter: In his haste to defend his idle, momodu mentioned that Pastor Adeboye travels a lot and is therefore entitled to have a private jet. He also mentioned that the Daddy GO travels more than the Pope and as such should not be begrudged for buying a jet. Now, on whose authority did he base such comparisons of the itinerary of the two men? If Pastor Adeboye was running his private company like Oprah as he claimed or his favourite businessman, Adenuga, nobody will begrudge him or raise an eyebrow on this subject of private jet ownership. But he is not a running a private enterprise. RCCG like Winners rely on contributions from their members. The membership of any church comprises of both the rich and the poor. There are those who can't afford three square meals a day and yet will religiously pay their tithes just to seek the kingdom of heaven. If those people can bear the pain and agony of poverty and hunger just to fulfill their religious obligation to their creator, then what stops a man of God to bear little bit of inconvenience in the matter of commercial air travel, in the propagation of work of God. What is he going to acquire next to make things easier for him; a YATCH or a HELICOPTER or his own private AIRSPACE!
He is a role model to many people including non Christians. He is looked upon by many people partly because he is a man of God and because of his own personality. He exudes brilliance,simplicity and a touch of grace. His words carry influence. His actions are bound to be copied by many Pastors Jack and Jill who think that whatever is good for Adeboye is good for them too irrespective of whether it's justified or not. Why should the hardship of a commercial air travel be too much of an inconvenience for a man of God whose members go through the same hardship daily?. What would happen if he was driving on the road and found a gridlock as is normally on our roads? Would it then be right for him to use his connection in the police force who will then clear the way for him through use of brutal force and horsewhips just because he had to get to his private jet or to get to his destination quickly. Would he want to build his own private road? We need people like Pastor Adeboye, whose words carry influence in the society and among govermment functionaries to shun these kind of ostentatious living by public servants, men and women of God in the midst of excruciating poverty. If he does not experience the daily rigour his members go through on daily basis, how is he expected to understand their sufferings and then use that experience to preach to the elite who has put the rest of us in bondage? Why should he, his aides and family want to travel in opulence, detaching themselves from reality especially when Pastor Adeboye is a public servant? I say public servant because he serves the members of his church. He is accountable for every penny of their contributions and such will be expected to be above board. I am always riled by arguement or defence put up by sycophants or praise singers who think or see nothing wrong in what their favourite people do. God help anyone who has a dissenting view. They often forget these people are HUMAN BEINGS and are not above reproach if found wanting. They are not infallible and as such will make mistakes like any other human being. Pastor Adeboye is a human being. He is not God. He is sure to make mistakes and take wrong decisions once in a while. Its natural. Therefore, it's wrong to villify those who call him to order or call them bad names just because he is a man of God.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by jaems: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
No offence to d man of God but, for crying out loud, 4th private jet. Is dat for the propagation of d gospel too, We sabi bible small o, God dey sha.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by lepasharon(f): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2011
he luks so out of place in dat jet
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Bheembor: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
Human beings naturally are not always contented with pple's status: If you are poor they complain, If you are rich they complain as. Men of God are not to be spoken about unjustly, Its better you keep ur mouths shut and not evoke curses on your generations. Remember, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
Bheembor:

Human beings naturally  are not always contented with pple's status: If you are poor they complain, If you are rich they complain as. Men of God are not to be spoken about unjustly, Its better you keep your mouths shut and not evoke curses on your generations. Remember, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm

tell dem oh,
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by ireign2000(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2011
all of una b judas iscariot
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by thameamead(f): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2011
shame on Pastor Oyedepo
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by babyboy3(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
What about Nigerian pilots - why oyinbo's talk about killing the local economy - abi MOG dey fear

If I were In his shoes I would go for an Oyinbo pilot
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2012
embarassed God abhors extravagancy of any nature.God, pls let the Bishop see through his vanity. Shikena!!!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
Let's hope he doesn't slap the pilot too often, at least not while in flight. That could have fatal consequences for him and his flying toy.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by playahP(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
May God bless Oyedepo and other pastors.

I believe in the message, not the pastor.
A pastor is supposed to lead by example, but if he fails to do so, fine cos i will just take his words, his explanation of the bible and leave everything else aside.

May God continue to use our pastors as a means to bless others.

I only pray our pastors can engage in more charity works cos pple are really suffering
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by DrJoseph: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
most of you guys are daft, prosperity is the believers' heritage, ask Isaac how he prospered in philistia, we are in "THE DAYS OF HIS JEWELS" jewels don't look raggedy, they look flamboyant, I LOVE MY BISHOP, Mot of you guys are terrible unbelievers, GROW UP IN THE WORD OF GOD, you babes in Christ.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by karadjorje: 9:23pm On May 21, 2012
Georges Blog: HOW TO ANALYZE PEOPLE ON SIGHT.( PART ONE) mydadsfootprints..com
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by sweethunibun(m): 10:33pm On May 21, 2012
justwise: This is where offering money ends up.

While poor members of the church are encouraged to give for the work of God, thieving pastors are buying private jet worth N4.2b with it. Scam in the name of God
nigerian people are religious brainwashed. Fck it oyedapo is a wise nigga doing is church business thing
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by thrugemaster(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2012
Guyman02: That is seed sawn by thousands of market women and poor members waiting for their own miracle with no business plan or oil block exploration licence.
Abeg let the man enjoy jare, he has worked hard for it. he never forced any of you to donate to his ministry and he has invested very much in our local economy by establishing schools and creating jobs.

Poor man, you are busy talking about standards in a customised private jet as if you have inspeced it to find out where all the emergency doors are located. The molue that you ride to work everyday get emergency exit?

true talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six And Seven Book Of Moses Free Download. / How Some Ladies Attract Spirit Husbands / Pastor Mboro Prays For Couple In Their Bedroom While They Almost Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.