Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos (13327 Views)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / What is average salary package For Nigerian Software Development Firm / Average Salary/hourly Wage For A Programmer In Nigeria These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 1:03am On Jun 03, 2011
Hello guys,
Please what is the average salary a PHP programmer, with two years experience and series of project as portfolio demand for. cos I went for an interview on wednesday applying as a fulltime developer, after the blah blah experience portfolio talk, they ask me how much do I think is my salary I told him 150k for starting, the guy nearly kill me, he says they cant pay more than 60k, I thought he was joking but he mean't what he was saying. I just pack my self waka commot, and thinking this ppl are trying to exploit me and am sure too will be thinking what a big thieve. I was just wondering because this is my first time of applying for a fulltime job, if all this guys that work on full time are earning just an average of 60k per month or those ppl are just Ri, of or I am demandind too much? What do you think guys in house, how much is the salary of an experience PHP programmer?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by mikkytrio(m): 5:03am On Jun 03, 2011
brother calm down na. 150k ? there are too many php people in the market. so do not throw the weight too much or you might end up at the same laptop for a while.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 03, 2011
Welcome to my shoes, the first job i got was 50k but i left the place but at the end of the day my advice is take the job and at the same time,do ur personal biz.where i work is 234Next i do no programming there,but outside work i do my personal Web and Mobile Stuff.its better to have a job and ur personal runs at the back sha have time for both.my candid advice and when u see a better offer you scoot.no loyaltyto any org.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by dammytosh: 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
Pally,

I hope i get stoned after this advice but i will be adamant about telling you the truth.

PHP programmers are not well appreciated at least in Nigeria and the reason seems to be because it is easy to get one at a very cheap rate. Whether the cheap ones write good or bad code is a question for another day but i don't see any body pricing a Java, CPP or dot net platform developer at such a ridiculous amount.

The truth is that there are companies ready to pay a PHP programmer (not scripter) as much as twice the amount you asked for but u have to be damn good and ready to deliver at d speed of light. I will advise you reach a compromise of 100k and stun them in few months and pack ur load. Then, u will be ready for a reiew of ur contract agreement.

-My Opinion.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by gidson12(m): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^best advice here
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
I earn up to 60k freelancing, but think working full time will pay better. luv your suggestion guys

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by jmaine: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
mikkytrio:

brother calm down na. 150k ? there are too many php people in the market. so do not throw the weight too much or you might end up at the same laptop for a while.

Brother, I gave the exact price the OP mentioned when i was asked i much i wanted for a start ( Not in the programming field anyway). . .and 150K is fair prize to start the negotiating  wink wink . . .Shebi na queshun and answer session  tongue tongue . . . after the whole pricing exercise we ended at 110K and the rest is now history . .
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
PHP programmers are typically paid less cos every 7 in 10 starters out there is a PHP programmer. there is little distinction between an aspiring and accomplished in terms of Drive/Spirit - I imagine because it is opensource. Commercial projects are mostly taken up by .NET Programmers and are in high demand in Nigeria. Especially with Microsoft deeply rooted in Nigerian business-sphere. less risky/sophisticated businesses like supermarkets and 1-man businesses will easily drop N20k-N30K monthly to a PHP programmer for site maintenance. good thing is PHP programmers have their hands in many small pies in the end the money is quite substantial
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by candylips(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2011
Every kid out there can code PHP so why will they pay u that amount. You better go and learn C# or Java
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
I know C# with VB, but they demanded for a PHP programmer that is why I ended being offered 60k, imagine a whole me.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
I know C# with VB, but they demanded for a PHP programmer that is why I ended being offered 60k, imagine a whole me.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by DisGuy: 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
What type of company was it ?

What were they looking for, entry level or Experienced

Will you be working on your own or with junior programmers?

What is the going rate for programmers in Lagos/Nigeria

What are the other benefits that comes with the job, paid training, transport expenses, days off?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by nawaah: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
If you are a PHP or .NET programmer based in Lagos and you are sure you know what you are doing contact me[url=http://.[/url] You would not work for me. You would simply write scripts to perform some tasks (legit). How much you earn totally depend on you i.e your efficacy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by JimmyBoy1: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2011
I ain't no programmer, but I am interested anything that brings profit legitmately. I just want to ask if it is not possible to run your stuff, knock doors and tell your potential clients what you can do, since it is possible to serve several clients from your laptop at home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by 4ward(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
ITS HAS TO DO WITH THE COMPANY ITS RENDERING THE SERVICE TO.
AM ALSO A PROGRAMMER SO AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by tellwisdom: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2011
Im a programmer too bt no saby my job.na futbolling i saby pass, hw much dem fit pay me
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by moderattor: 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
are u really a php programmer or a fantastico installer?

if u are a php programmer u didnt display enough skills. ur employers dnt want to c how many functions u've stored up in your head. Or how many classes u hv instanced. They want to know how ur program can increase their income and they pay u based on that.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by suneepet1: 4:51am On Jun 04, 2011
Programmers are well paid depending on how you package yourself and your work speed. Anyone want to learn PHP,JAVA or C# Programing using the best learning tutorial,let me give you my text.though not for free.Give me a call on 08065237543.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by mecussey(m): 4:55am On Jun 04, 2011
moderattor:

are u really a php programmer or a fantastico installer?

if u are a php programmer u didnt display enough skills. your employers dnt want to c how many functions u've stored up in your head. Or how many classes u hv instanced. They want to know how your program can increase their income and they pay u based on that.

Moderator has given you the best answer; if I was the employer, you don't expect me to believe what you say, or the interview. Seeing is believing, only if I see your hand work, then I can pay you more
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 5:17am On Jun 04, 2011
Please go through my initial post, I have gone through the process of portfolio, experience and drilling stuff. That is when we started discussing salary, moreso I ain't interested in any fulltime job any more, all I need to do is to market my skill, and continue my freelancing life style.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2011
Well it's true,PHP Developers don't get much,i know C# and Java Basic but never really liked .NET don't know why.Depending on PHP for lively hood is a wrong thing to do.No Employer will pay that much for an opensource tech.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by notguilty: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2011
Please I need a free PHP Mailer or smtp, any Good samaritan here who can offer me that?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by 3kay945(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
Guys., am interested in learning php programming stuff, pls where can i start from. How much will it cost and duration? I await ur responses. sksaladin@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by Stevez32(m): 5:18am On Jun 05, 2011
I am an ambitious youngman, seeking for a legal source to meet ends. I'll like to know more about the programming stuff, and the possible cost as well as where to acquire the knowledge. Please can someone help me out? My email address: steven4united@yahoo.com.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by cousin66: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello, I need someone that can teach me PHP programming and the fee. Pls contact me on
PASNICOLE79@GMAIL.COM
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by phpier: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
cousin66: Hello, I need someone that can teach me PHP programming and the fee. Pls contact me on
PASNICOLE79@GMAIL.COM
hi , i can teach u procedural and object oriented php / mysql , html5 , etc .. hit me up on 07039716218
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by tobeetoe(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
what if.I know a huge lots of graphics. and php and avoid written scripts for different companies ..?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by tobeetoe(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
candylips:
Every kid out there can code PHP so why will they pay u that amount. You better go and learn C# or Java
..Evri kid ..meaning u very good at php ..?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Wasap H0mmies,feels good reading your comments.. I started learning php few months ago,but am curently hooked at the object oriented part,i dnt seem to understand it.. Please i need someone to shed more light bout it for me urgently so i can move on to other stuffs ahead.. Please i would be expecting your reply. sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adeleke185:
Wasap H0mmies,feels good reading your comments.. I started learning php few months ago,but am curently hooked at the object oriented part,i dnt seem to understand it.. Please i need someone to shed more light bout it for me urgently so i can move on to other stuffs ahead.. Please i would be expecting your reply. sad

That guy disturb me well well that year sha! can you imagine I had to abandon PHP to start reading c++ for dummies just to understand the bloody OOP principles ?

I dey come make I go through my ebook collection check whether I fit recommend one for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keywords / Reserved word In Q-BASIC / Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? / Programming Is just Like Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.