Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige (4730 Views)

Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Chyz2: 2:23am On Jun 03, 2011
[size=15pt]PDP should return chairmanship slot to Southeast, says Ngige[/size]

By Jide Babalola

THE Action Congress Party of Nigeria (ACN) Senator-elect for Anambra Central, Chris Ngige, has urged the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to allow the Southeast present its next national chairman.

Ngige spoke in Abuja yesterday.

The ACN chieftain hailed the appointment of Senator Pius Anyim as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), PDP  should demonstrate its belief in justice by allowing the Southeast to retain its national chairmanship position.

He described the zoning of the slot to the Northeast before the expiration of the tenure of the current National Executive Council (NEC) as robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ngige urged President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that the chairmanship slot remains in the Southeast where it was zoned till 2012.

The Senator-elect dismissed suggestions that the issue is solely a PDP affair.

“It has to do with the Southeast, not just the PDP,’’ he said.

Describing Anyim’s appointment as a case of putting a round peg in a round hole, he said the former Senate President ‘’is politically taller than others speculated to have been shortlisted for the position.”

He said: ‘’Anyim is younger, energetic, intelligent and above all politically suave.

“With this appointment, we still expect Jonathan to ask his party men to return the ‘stolen’ position of National Chairman to the rightful owner (the Southeast) till March 2012. You cannot rob Peter to pay Paul.” Ngige was a founding member of the PDP. He defected to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in 2003.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/8230-pdp-should-return-chairmanship-slot-to-southeast-says-ngige.html
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Chyz2: 2:49am On Jun 03, 2011
Well said. cool
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by wesley80(m): 3:01am On Jun 03, 2011
While the real battle is in Ngige's bedroom, he's nosing around in someone else's kitchen. What would be wrong if a South Easterner became the national chairman of the ACN? Or is it already a fait accompli that Igbo's are to forever take the back seat in the party and therefor it isnt worth fighting for?
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by OAM4J: 3:06am On Jun 03, 2011
wesley80:

While the real battle is in Ngige's bedroom, he's nosing around in someone else's kitchen. What would be wrong if a South Easterner became the national chairman of the ACN? Or is it already a fait accompli that Igbo's are to forever take the back seat in the party and therefor it isnt worth fighting for?

I agree with you. he should focus on his party affairs and leave PDP alone.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by EkoIle1: 3:06am On Jun 03, 2011
What's his freeking business with PDP internal affairs? Talk about misplaced priorities and allegiance.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by zstranger: 5:17am On Jun 03, 2011
Ibos want everything!

This is really annoying and shameful

They want the SGF, Speaker, Senate, claimed GEJ is Ibo, and now they are clamoring for PDP chairmanship.

This is beyond ridiculous!
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Omooba77: 6:51am On Jun 03, 2011
His heart still remain with PDP. Don't be surprise he decamp!
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by efisher(m): 7:22am On Jun 03, 2011
^I was just about to say the same thing!
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by kasiem(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2011
Ngige with this kind of mindset is needed in APGA
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by daroz(m): 8:09am On Jun 03, 2011
wetin concern Ngige for PDP matter? This politician self
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Calculia: 8:14am On Jun 03, 2011
Ngige is on point with that assertion. Why is the Chairmanship still in the North Central? What is Jonathan playing at? He needs to get the ball rolling in all aspects of Presidency and move this nation forward.

All this appointment is taking too long to finalise and in the main-time Nigeria is in decadency. Oga go-slow we are getting restless and losing patience.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by KnowAll(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2011
Ngige is political prostitute, wetin concern ACN with PDP internal politics. The man needS to go and do Pols101 course in the Uni all over again.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by dustydee: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2011
What if PDP decides to zone it to Cameroon? Thought he's an ACN member so what's his business?
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 03, 2011
We have passed through this road before.Ngige and so many others like him outside the PDP are only ACN,CPC,APGA,LP etc in black and white,while they are PDP in spirit,soul and body.Wont be surprise if over 20 senators and 35 Reps members decamped to PDP before 2015.A very familiar road this is!He is only doing a test run. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by enyojo(f): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
WETIN COME CONCERN NGIGE WITH PDP NA?
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, I AM A STERN NGIGE SUPPORTER AND FAN.

BUT AS MY USUAL PRACTICE, IF ANYONE I SUPPORT MISYARN, I WILL DUMP HIM JUST AS I DUMPED GEJ WHEN MANY MONTHS AGO
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by BP(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
enyojo:

BUT AS MY USUAL PRACTICE, IF ANYONE I SUPPORT MISYARN, I WILL DUMP HIM JUST AS I DUMPED GEJ WHEN MANY MONTHS AGO

And I guess since you dumped GEJ, he has been having sleepless nights and calling you on the phone every night to support him abi. (a case of delusions of grandeur).

Anyways, I think Ngige is probably missing PDP. If he's feeling lonely in ACN and desires to go back to PDP, he should say so instead of giving unsolicited advice
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by metrixauto: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
what is his concern about this? does he want to go back to pdp
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by mallorca(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
blame d Journalist who ask him about PDP affair
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by gidson12(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
i guess ngige is just airing his view, and funny enough his suggestin is making a headline, make una no attack the guy jor
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Dotman01(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
mallorca:

blame d Journalist who ask him about PDP affair
. . . Blame ngige for that shameful reply, the guy dissapoint me with his misyarn jare. . . .ha ba. . . but i still gbadun am sha!
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by KakiP(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
I disagree,whoever merits the post should be given regardless of their zone.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by enyojo(f): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
BP:

[s]And I guess since you dumped GEJ, he has been having sleepless nights and calling you on the phone every night to support him abi. (a case of delusions of grandeur).[/s]

Before Nko?
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by rolchi(m): 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2011

Please, adopt GEJ again!
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by ak47mann(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
nawaoo cool
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by hackney(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
zstranger:

Ibos want everything!

This is really annoying and shameful

They want the SGF, Speaker, Senate, claimed GEJ is Ibo, and now they are clamoring for PDP chairmanship.

This is beyond ridiculous!

Go and jump into shango river.
dog breath.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by anishe(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2011
IS HE PLANNING TO GO BACK TO THE PDP? DOES HE HAS SENSE AT ALL? Of what concern of his is PDP's internal crisis. Make this guy no vex me oo.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by VEE2010(m): 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
]Fellow Nairalanders, do not be surprised one day when Goat would be given appointment to fulfill all righteousness in our zoning pact. This will happen perhaps, real men from that zone must have gone to their farm or respective businesses. I think, for the interest of our children yet un- born this idea is disgusting. Lets consider; goodwill, pedigree, integrity etc when appointing anyone. We must grow beyond ethnicity. I was in Bayelsa a few weeks back, I saw poverty written on the faces of many Bayelsans. I thought, Goodluck being their son will transform them overnight.
As for Bro Ngige, I think he's right because, "I have not seen any clearly defined political party yet in Nigeria. They are merely affiliates example (Asiwaju Congress of Nigeria- ACN) They are just like that.  
As far as am concern, he is member of ACN when ever he is in Lagos, PDP in Abuja and of course, APGA when he is at home (Anambra).[/b][/b][/b]
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
This is what I hate of our politicians. The man is elected to senate and he is already opening his trap on issues that are not of his concern. I would rather the man focus 100% of making sure we do not regret sending him to the senate. He is already playing "the game", in his first week.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by BP(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is what I hate of our politicians. The man is elected to senate and he is already opening his trap on issues that are not of his concern. I would rather the man focus 100% of making sure we do not regret sending him to the senate. He is already playing "the game", in his first week.

Are you from Anambra Central Senatorial District? Did you even vote in the elections that brought him in?
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by Eziachi: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
BP:

Are you from Anambra Central Senatorial District? Did you even vote in the elections that brought him in?
She doesn't need to, Anambra Senatorial District do not pay Ngige's wages and fat bonuses.
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by mallorca(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dotman01:

. . . Blame ngige for that shameful reply, the guy dissapoint me with his misyarn jare. . . .ha ba. . . but i still gbadun am sha!
you maybe right but i still disagree with you
Re: Pdp Should Return Chairmanship Slot To Southeast, Says Ngige by wealthlift(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
If Ngige is truely an ACN member and not a political harlot, what's his concern in PDP's affair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka To Appear On Sahara Tv, January 14th / MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi / My Reply To My Brother Tonyebarcanista On Ipob/biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.