Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like (1917 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? / My HIV Test Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by chinesedoll(f): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2007
Guys just share ur experience,
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by omega25red(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2007
well my first test happened when i was applying for my green card and i wasn't even having sex then i was like 16yrs old grin
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2007
i wuz kinda scared though i didnt av carnal sex at d time but wuz avin and receivin oral but wuz quite relieved wen d answer wuz positve i mean negative lol grin cheesy
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2007
Never had to take one.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by SweetT1: 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Yinx007
What kinda girl are you ? Do you have any shame? How could you write that kind of message and put you picture on the profile at the same time ? You are so proud of giving MouthAction that it brainwashed you ! With all these girls running wild, Nigeria we are in trouble. These girls has completely gone western ! I wonder who the unlucky guy will be that will take you home to meet mama ! Olosi, Omo mushin !
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
Had mine when i needed to donate blood for my wife's surgery at the LASUTH.
Pretty scared though, but it turned out to be negative. quite relieved, knowing my escapades.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Esss(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2007
I've had a total of 4 HIV test carried out on me.

The first one was carried out without my knowledge. I only found out after I saw the result. The last one was the scariest cos I had been doing some wild phocking. But its all good, cos I came back clean. Phew!! That was close. So now I always use a CD. wink

@Sweet T

Free the babe jare, You wey dey attack her you be Jesus?? Dont bring your holier than thou attitude into Nairaland O! Freedom of speech is allowed.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by jmichael90: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2007
Sweet T take it easy and another point of correction how do know she reside in mushin and beside she was telling the truth about herself,why do we like to pretend and decieve ourselve who knows may be u r corrupt more than yinx007.but because u r scared to talk public ur secret.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by denex: 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2007
Well, I've taken two so far. I was very confident when I went in for both. However, the first time, I went to the Hospital late and they lab scientist had to close so they told me to come back the next day. I wasn't happy with that but I still did.

The next day, when I came in, I talked with someone at the reception and my hospital, they have some plenty, plenty efizzi they engage in which cost thousands of Naira every visit, so I just told them0to cut through the pleasantries.

When the receptionist came back with my file, he looked into it, saw the results but since he didn't want everybody in the reception and waiting room to here what was for my privacy, he just called out to me and whispered the result.

All I could hear though, was the surfix TIVE. That was when the fear came down. Me?! What is this man saying? What? How? When? Who?

I managed to stagger to his desk where he was attending to another person and the following conversation ensued:

NEX: "please what did you just say?
RECEPTIONIST: You know what kind of test you came in for yesterday. That's the result.

NEX: What Result?!
RECEPTIONIST: The Result for the HIV test you took yesterday of course!

NEX: What is the result?!
RECEPTIONIST: It's negative. I whispered it, negative.

NEX: You whispered negative? Are you crazy?! Do you want to kill me?! You don't whisper negative. You declare it! How can you possibly be whispering negative? Negative is a good thing.
YOU WHISPER POSITIVE YOU BLOODY SADIST! Please hand me the result and let me leave here. Demon!

My second experience was much better. I wasn't even planning to take a test. I was in V.I, came to the street my hospital was on so since I was waiting for something that would take hours, I decided to wait in the hospital, and along with that, well, why not? It'd been almost two years so I opted for one. It was fast. I think less than 2 hours. Next thing, the results came and there was some trainee doctor telling me "we always advise youths to abstain from unprotected sex but they won't listen,
Chick Please! Hand me my shit and let's call it a day. I'm not one of them.

She was really shocked at my confidence, but I confident die.

I'm about to go for my third test now and this will be by far the most unsure. I did a lot last yeah. I did lots of lots that beat everything I've done in my life, up to the beginning of same last year. I do pass myself. So for the past six months, I've not done anything so it won't invalidate the test. But this test dey dear me O!
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2007
@denex
o'boy, you tried, you get liver!, for me i would have wipe the guy (your first time) and i mean it, aren't got that much patience!
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Sweet T i wonder why i shld be ashamed cant i post watever i like i didnt know wen nairaland start to spank nutty kids like me oh
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Sweet T plz never in ur life shuld u call me olosi or omo mushin cuz i never insulted anyone one dis forum just state ur status and get out moreova did i beg u to take me home to mama
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
@yinx007,
heeey! baby, take it easy now, before you slap someone!
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ : ilugunboy its quite funny for somebody to be judging me by one mere silly post i sent its annoyin he had better remove the speck in his own eye b4 he can see the wood in my eye im sure he has his own dirty linen
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ ilugunboy if u take note he didnt even answer the question he just went out picking and reading other peoples posts and finally decided i wuz d dirtiest
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by monstah(m): 1:30am On Jul 25, 2007
What's up with the slowpoke whose been pickin' on yinx?, abeg go church, you bastard!
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by johnnygan(m): 1:47am On Jul 25, 2007
Hmmm
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by lauryn(f): 1:56am On Jul 25, 2007
*interesting* undecided
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by ayeesha: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2007
that day was like hell for me.
i secured employment somewhere and in the cause of filling the employment form, i was told i need to go for medicals.
before then, iv neva had the test before and truth be told, ive dated some really crazy fellows who am sure had like a million other girls. upon hearing the word medicals,i suddenly started shaking.

the organisation was a place where i had a lot of friends and the nursing sister was always so friendly with me so u can all imagine my fears. cry

towards afternoon of the same day, i decided to gather courage and go for a vct.i felt it was better for me to know my status on my own and reject the appointment by cooking up a story that ive gotten a better job somewhere else than for the nursing sister to look me in the eye and tell me i was hiv positive. shocked

i called the nearest okada and hit the road, looking for a lab. i located one and this was how it went:

ayeesha: goodday madam

receptionist: goodday madam.how may i help you?

ayeesha: eehm, em, ahh, ehm

receptionist: c`mon madam, how may i help you?(smiling)

ayeesha: ah, actually, em, i , i want to, to to em find out my genotype and bood group( for where, these are things i already knew)

receptionist: your bill is N700 and proceeds to fill a form for me.

i was already sweating seriously by then.while she was still filling the form for me, i casually asked her how much they charged for their hiv test and she told me a thousand naira and asked if she should include it in my form.i told her no but unknown to me, a lab technician was beside us and butted in.

lab tech: yes, yes, pls include it for her.and turning to face me said " you shld undergo the test cos thats the only way you can have peace of mind".

i became soo cold cos i felt i was getting a death sentence.

ayeesha: okay, include the test for me

receptionist: dnt worry my dear, it is well.

ayeesha: AMMMMEN i quikly answered. how long wil it take

receptionist: just an hour so u can wait( me wait? lai lai. i will faint before the results come out)

ayeesha: actually i cnt wait cos i have to go back to work

receptionist: no problem.we close at six and if u come even five minutes to six, we shall still give u ur result

ayeesha: (really scared now) what if i cant come back today? can i have ur phone no. so i can call?

receptionist: no madam, you have to come physically to collect it.dnt worry, all will be well.

my name was then called and i went in to give my blood sample.

ayeesha: oga, how long will it take?

tech: just an hour and make sure you come back in one hour, he concluded menacingly angry

i left for the office and was not myself. i could not eat or even talk to anyone.i had to tell my boss i was not feeling too well when he saw the way i was looking. icould not remove my eyes from the clock.exactly one hour later, i went back to the lab

receptionist: (smiling) welcome madam. i wasnt expecting to see you back today at all

ayeesha: (heart pounding) hmm, there is no point delaying the inevitable

lab tech: (looks at me, frowns and picks up my form. i was nearlly peeing in my pants at the look on her face) angry"here is ur result and congratulations!

nairalanders, it was not easy. i almost fainted for joy! i was shaking and the lady had to give me a chair to sit down and recover.i could not believe my luck cos of the kind of guys i had dated in the past.now atleast i have peace of mind and can watch hiv/aids adverts,movies and campaigns which i could not do before out of fear of the unknown.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2007
What's up with the slowpoke whose been pickin' on yinx?, abeg go church, you bastard. abeg help me tell him oh
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by johnnygan(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2007
What the Bleep!
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by mrofficial(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2007
F word is not allowed.
And for you @Sweet T, you get problem, come make i abrade that your michael jackson skin.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by mrofficial(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2007
johnnygan:

What the Bleep!
F word is not allowed.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by chinesedoll(f): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2007
@sweet T

Bros which one be your own why are u picking on my girl
be careful o,,
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by denex: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2007
It's my next test that am really worried about. I was meant to go for it middle of June, now it's July then soon August it's not that am so scared because at the level I am now, I believe if I contract HIV, I'll leave everything I am doing and seek a cure in the lab.
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Sonye(f): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2007
People in the house!!!
I guess Sweet T has realized how stupid he sounded and has kept out of this thread. so we can now breathe

As for me, i have never done a test before cos i think i will eve die before the result comes out
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Lexyhearts(f): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2007
lol cheesy

i enjoyed the test coz i hv alwayz known that i am free from that deadly disease.i am not a kind of gal mess herself up. cheesy

i ws only worried if maybe i get the disease in sharing rezzors and other stuff

bt lexy,she hs always been a nice gal ,a descent one

so no fear at all

am always been negative so i will remain one cheesy
cool
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 28, 2007
@lexyhearts,
you look real cool in that profile pic, and by the way who is that bloke by your side? (innocent question ooo!)
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Macutie(f): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2007
I had mixed feelings but it all came out right!(i've been a good girl wink)

@sweet T

Why you de attack the girl now? she wants to express herself is that not the essence of the forum?
correct me if i am wrong
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Lexyhearts(f): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2007
ilugunboy:

@lexyhearts,
you look real cool in that profile pic, and by the way who is that bloke by your side? (innocent question ooo!)

LOL cheesy

if i may ask ,whatz ur problem.MR
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
@lexyherarts
why are you sounding so aggressive?, am so sorry if you feel bad, i've not come to this forum to pick aurguments ok?
Re: Ur First Hiv Test What Was It Like by Lexyhearts(f): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2007
sorry 

cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Epididymitis / My Child Doesn't Take Drugs / How To Conduct A Pregnancy Test At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.