Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej (4087 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / Leo Ekpenyong Who Accused Akpabio Of Corruption Charged With Defamation / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 03, 2011
"By signing the FOI Bill, I am committed to lifting the veil covering governance. In the 80's we heard of Glasnost (Openness) and Perestroika (Restructuring) from Gorbachev and the Berlin Wall came down. In Nigeria, there is a breath of Fresh Air ushering an era of Transformation and Transparency and the walls of Corruption will be brought down not just by the government but by you the good people of Nigeria" - Those were the words of GEJ on his Facebook page!

And now I am asking if this ever happen in Nigeria?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by KnowAll(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2011
[b]That is why any ministerial appointee with k-leg must be kicked out. Every state in Nigeria has more than a million people, if it means going to the far corners of the world to bring in a honest man/woman then so be it. Recycled professional-political jobbers must look for other means of survival.

Let all those who have held potical jobs go and open factories and industries so that Nigerians would be employed, why should they want to be spoon fed until they drop dead, when they should be contributing to  growth and progress of their states. Can someone tell me one idustry or factory Soludo or Akunyuli have in their constiuencies yet I bet they are probably lining up and lobbying for the next appointment. This is not an isolated case I just used those two individuals name because they are high profile members of our society and readers of this peice would be able to grasp the enormity of the problem facing our nation,  it  is the same story all over the 36 states n the country.  Political Jobbers lining up to take appointment yet nothing on the ground in their LG.[/b]
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by tpia5: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2011
Isnt he the one distributing money all over the place to buy people's favour?

How does that help limit corruption or am i missing something or is this another selective exercise.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by kasiem(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2011
Since it is general responsible,which i quite agree, i will contribute by calling for the incarceration of the obj. I've done mine!
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
OLOSHI NI BOBO YI SA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Pukkah: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

Since it is general responsible,which i quite agree, i will contribute by calling for the incarceration of the obj. I've done mine!

The probe of his administration(s) and his subsequent arrest and trial you mean?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by OAM4J: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
Let us see it fall down sir. Talk is cheap.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Rhino5dm: 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
I hope patience survive the rables of the crumbling 'curropted' wall.

Cheap is really talk. . .we both celebrated Bode's exit from prison. Didn't we?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by kasiem(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
Pukkah:

The probe of his administration(s) and his subsequent arrest and trial you mean?
that one is observing otiose protocols, i mean straight execution if possible.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Pukkah: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

that one is observing otiose protocols, i mean straight execution if possible.

Unfortunately (and may be fortunately), that one is not possible under our laws.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by kasiem(m): 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
Pukkah:

Unfortunately (and may be fortunately), that one is not possible under our laws.
lets apply the same kind of law that americans used on osama
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
Another meaningless promise
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Ibime(m): 12:59am On Jun 04, 2011
Empty rhetoric.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 04, 2011
Well time will tell.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by mcgboye(m): 3:22am On Jun 04, 2011
IRONY
we've always had enough laws in this country to tackle corruption. What we've persistently lacked is the political will of our leaders to fight the scourge. You look at the calibre of plethora of people (businessmen) who donated to the Goodluck campaign, then you say "yeah!"
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by LeMoor(m): 3:38am On Jun 04, 2011
Hmmmm, Perestroika,  Nice to throw about buzz words,
We do see what Perestroika did in the old USSR. Wasn't exactly restructuring as they would like you to believe, More like wealth redistribution
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by davd: 3:38am On Jun 04, 2011
Is about to fall when? We need the day/year of its falling. We are tire of hearing stories and undone promises. It's better to fall now, not about to fall.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by JAZES(m): 5:36am On Jun 04, 2011
This GEJ guy is just one hell of a Big Clown.
Sometimes i wonder how he just open his ARSE
sorry Mouth to make empty promises.
Oga President, you dont need to talk b4 what we know
you are lying cos action speaks louder than words.
TALK IS CHEAP cool cool cool
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by zstranger: 5:43am On Jun 04, 2011
Signing a bill isnt just enough, what is more crucial is enforcing it.

We will need a very alert, informed and involved citizenry to move our democracy forward.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 04, 2011
JUDGEMENT SHOULD START FROM ASO ROCK.
YOU REMEMBER EFCC VS PATIENCE JONATHAN'S CASE?
I THINK 104MILLION NAIRA WAS INVOLVED.
LET THE WALL START FALLING FROM THERE.

THEN LETS GO TO OTA FARM.
DONT GET ME STARTED ON WHAT THE WALL WILL FALL ON.
[b][/b]
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Gboliwe: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2011
The good people of this great nation will work towards achieving this. Corruption has indeed eaten deep into us
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by enyojo(f): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2011
[size=15pt]WAS THIS NOT THE SAME GEJ WHO WAS WARNING NEW GOVERNORS NOT TO PROBE THEIR PREDECESSORS JUST SOME WEEKS BACK?
IF THEY SHOULD JUST 'LET-BYE-GONE-BE-BYE-GONE', WHAT OF THE BILLIONS PIPED AWAY?
HOW CAN THE SO-CALLEDWALLS OF CORRUPTION CRUMBLE?[/size]
LIAR!
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by babaowo: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2011
hmmm we shall see
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2011
Oga Jona what about Bank-ole? His is a litmus test o.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by gboye1999: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2011
The Law gives us Nigerians, the citizen of this country the right to request for information and use it as necessary.
At this moment, we are all a bunch of lazy Nigerians, not willing to even test laws that are enacted. Not willing to hold up our rights to accountaility and transparency.
The FOI bill and any other laws will not work where there is a lazy citizenry willing to continue suffering and smilling and not taking any action.

This Bill actually gives you and i the authority to demand information. Lets put to test first before we castigate government. The truth is without active participation of citizens, media and social groups even the most democratic country will descend to the abyss of corruption.
The FOI bill was one of the tools that turned Ghana's fortune around.

NIGERIANS, LET'S PUT THE LAW TO TEST.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Ibime(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2011
Jonathan must be SAMSON cos if he pushes the wall down, the wall will fall on him as well as the Philistines.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by moderattor: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2011
i said it.this man will be nigerias greatest president. for all those who want him to start prosecuting past leaders. where will he start ? where will he stop? they are just too many and have enough financial muscle each to endanger the lives of the nigerian citizens if arrested. (eg. buhari and the bombs) the best thing is to bid them farewell and let them go. avoid compromising the pea ce of nigeria. then start on a new clean slate with more of proffesors. phd holders . engineers and economists. what a genius? what a president?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Faydan01: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2011
@ gboye_1999 U took the words out of my mouth. In fact, U said it better. The onus is now on Us to make the best use of the FOI law. Talk is cheap indeed. Now we can do more than talking, we can Demand to know and Act. The time is now Nigerians. I don't know what moderattor meant by saying GEJ's going to be Nigeria's greatest President. Time will tell. In the meantime, am not impressed. Nigeria o ni Baje, Ju bayi lo. Nigeria: Good People, Great Nation, Bad Leaders
gboye_1999:

This Bill actually gives you and i the authority to demand information. Lets put to test first before we castigate government. The truth is without active participation of citizens, media and social groups even the most democratic country will descend to the abyss of corruption.
The FOI bill was one of the tools that turned Ghana's fortune around.

NIGERIANS, LET'S PUT THE LAW TO TEST.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by donpeluchi(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2011
I doubt jona made this statement. He should be wise enough by now to know that we are not stupid and can see the amount of corrupt people and policies that surround him
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Aderupoko2: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2011
Hmmm,Jona has started again,always talking
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by surveycash(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2011
Mr President, pls stop interfering in the EFCC/BANK-OLE. Case. N150 billion naira no be small money
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by scopusng(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2011
Sweet talk. Abeg, make i hear world jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To Kogi State Governor / Cult Clash Lead Many Dead In Port Harcourt,river State / Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.