Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (17497 Views)

Modeling Reality TV Show - Hill Top Next Top Model / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hi Peps, I have been reading the Dragons' Den Ad in the papers and also hearing it on radio lately, have you guys??. Has any one on nairaland applied yet? I overheard from a close source that Dangote would be one of the 5 Dragons putting up money for investment tongue tongue The man has made forbes and now wants some major PR. Aliko could be my business partner anyday!!! Off to the drawing board as I am still evaluating my enrty /business idea doh!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2008
dunno but this seems like the banking competition has taken a new dimension. bank PhB vs UBA
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DareDavids(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2008
Well, good news about Dragon's Den coming to this part of the world. I think there are a lot of ideas brewing in our society. My only concern is whether we can really find the right mix of technical competence, brand development skills and current marketing strategy. Seun, well done, you are really outdoing yourself. MsMs, word up. Maybe we can use this to create an original reality theme that would appeal to a broad section of the Nigerian market and at the same time develop into a global brand,
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2008
WITH mn IN THERE, I SMELL A lipsrsealed
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 2:18pm On May 13, 2008
Hi Peps, Word on the street, ok not on the street but the word around my area is that one of the greatest primetime talent Nigeria has ever produced is making a comeback on Dragons Den as a Dragon. I swore not to unleash this Dragon before the official date but I am sooooo tempted to, lipsrsealed
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by emekauzor(m): 1:11am On May 14, 2008
MsMs:

Hi Peps, Word on the street, ok not on the street but the word around my area is that one of the greatest primetime talent Nigeria has ever produced is making a comeback on Dragons Den as a Dragon. I swore not to unleash this Dragon before the official date but I am sooooo tempted to, lipsrsealed

and who might that be meanwhile a friend of mine is shortlisted but i am yet to recieve a call to come for an interview are u sure this is sincere
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 1:14am On May 15, 2008
With mtn, it's real! I see this as a competition against bank pHb and celtel
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2008
Hi Everybody!!!

UBA & MTN are about to UNLEASH THE DRAGONS, however, I can exclusively break to you all that they seem to have scooped something special here, Ibukun Awosika and John Momoh are amonst the five Dragons featuring on Dragons Den- Nigerian version. Can't wait to see the show on TV. One of my friends attended the Abuja enterprenuer bootcamp and mentioned that the organisation was very serious. smiley
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2008
Let's hope the organisation of the show is SERIOUS as well cool
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MKDons1: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
The dragons are John Momoh, Femi Tejuosho, a white guy called Chris from the UK, a lady a Nigerian based in the UK called Alex.

I know a chap that just came back from the den. He posted his report here.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2008
why are those guys hoarding 411 on their website?

for most items i clicked on, it was always ", shall be revealed soon"
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by niyyie(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2008
I was in the Dragons Den and came out in one piece. I'd share my experience on my personal blog soon enough. smiley
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2008
undecided
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2008
Hi Peps, wink

A peek at the Nigerian "Dragons attached!, you couldn't possibly imagine (SEUN!!) how far i had to go to get you nairalanders this exclusive never seen anywhere as of yet! Note: All Dragon's Den info is under very strict confidentiality as a result of some shady other bank in "EKO" trying to ripp-off the tv show been out bidded by UBA & MTN . I am sure Storm would make a clear dinstinction of it off the back of The Apprentice cool cool

Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2008
nairaland :d wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

And finally the Dragons’ have been unleashed!!! http://www.dragonsdennigeria.com/index.html
I read in the papers today that show airs from Sunday 27th 9:30pm on AIT and DSTV, can’t wait I’ve been tracking this one since inception, it feels good that UBA & MTN came through! cheesy
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2008
We hope so cool
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2008
[url=http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/media/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=210708&ptitle=From%20Apprentice%20Africa%20to%20Dragon%20Den:%20Rising%20profile%20of%20a%20TV%20producer]With Dragon Den, he has similar expectation "that any time Aderemi Ogunpitan is involved in any thing, it must be of high quality." The show, with Neil Oyenekan as series producer, will make its debut on the Africa Independent Television (AIT) on August 3, 2008. Ogunpitan mentioned piracy and theft of intellectual property as major hurdles in the industry. "You can't imagine how Nigerians are bastardising and basically stealing other people's properties, changing the name and calling it something else. We had that experience with all the major productions we had handled lately. I would like to ask those who are involved in protecting intellectual property in the country like the Nigerian Copyright Commission, National Film and Video Censors Board, Ministry of Justice and others that the situation is getting out of hand in the country. Piracy is not the only issue that is affecting us now, but the theft of intellectual property, and the fact that some people do it and get away with it. It is quite unfortunate." [/url]
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2008
is it 27th of July or 3rd of august?
why cant they ever stick to a particular date
hope this wont be like intern2 that's supposed to be on from 'early July' tongue
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2008
I would bet my right arm that Dragon's Den is light years away from the Intern or inferior likes. I was priviledged to be at the private screening at Eko Hotel last week with the press. I've seen nothing like it before on Nigerian TV (seriously!!) smiley it's just different from what's out there right now.

And yeah! it debut's across Africa tonight 27th July 2008 in a few hours. Hope light dey your area ooocheesy
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2008
Msms

why didn't you post the time na?

The link I pasted there was from The Guardian Newspaper Nigeria, so who 's lying now undecided

It doesn't make sense hoarding info on the webpage angry
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2008
i have a feeling most entrepreneurs will be asking for millionss not one or two million; 20milla gidigba! fear go catch them dragons sef Grin

it's started already I'm loving it already, not too far from the original
plus like i guessed loads of dreamers asking for 20million and above
even when they don't know what a percentage equates too!!
so far no luck, but load of dreamers!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by doyin13(m): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2008
I am currently watching it on AIT and na so so 419 full there.

One guy came there with two coconuts and coconut oil, asking for three
sums which he added up to 35 million naira, but when the dragons added it up,
it came to 34 million.

Just jokes man. . .

Even the UBA advert managed to misspell Tenure as Tenor.

Na wa for Naija.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by doyin13(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2008
Kai. . .see this Mallam.

He has just told the panel there is no need for the hotel
he is asking to be funded.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2008
lol da mallam said the people live in their house!!
so why the hell do they need a hotel? cute suite ko cute thief ni
he was expecting real dragons too grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by cola: 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2008
doyin13:

I am currently watching it on AIT and na so so 419 full there.

One guy came there with two coconuts and coconut oil, asking for three
sums which he added up to 35 million naira, but when the dragons added it up,
it came to 34 million.

Just jokes man. . .

Even the UBA advert managed to misspell Tenure as Tenor.
Na wa for Naija

@ doyin13
don't know what UBA stuff you're talking about but I think tenor is the right word in terms of loans repayment or returns and sort.
I stand corrected.

@show
I need to be reassured this isn't stage-managed.
Well, maybe b'cos I didn't get to hear much 'bout it before yesterday.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by doyin13(m): 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2008
@cola

Now don't i feel like a schmuck

The egg is splattered all over my face. . .lol
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2008
wink Would you guys believe me now? The show was quite good as anticipated! By the way it would also be running on Channels TV Sat. 1-2pm. At least, finally Nigeria seems to be gradually moving up the ladder as per TV programming, how I wish the producers of Dragon's Den had more support for another 3 or 4 nice type shows cheesy
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
So much confusion undecided

I saw it on AIT after the Pompey - Maun u game but I couldn't watch undecided

Now, we know itz 9.45pm on Sunday night on AIT

Is't just once a week
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by candylips(m): 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2008
Good show.

My Monday evenings is not complete without watching Theo and the gang
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
looking for money
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2008
that woman with lover whispers or something like that, should do her research properly
she had no energy not motivated enough, obviously the people offering 'free' counselling
in church are not really qualified and that's where she comes in, and she can do with speaking up clealy
what's the point of going to university to be a timid housewife!!!

The software dude, the blew it he was close but like the rest of them they just don't do the basics
he didn't register his company and he is asking for 25M
he also could have just said he has talked about exclusivity with the manufacturers and they are positive about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Eloswag, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Nollywood Actors & Actresses' Value / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.