Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) (2390 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) by akanke79: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2011
can anyone give me an answer? i will appreciate your views.
Re: Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) by EvilBrain1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
Don't be retar.ded. HIV has very little to do with promiscuity. Its spread from mother to child, from husband to wife. Many people seem to have the (silly) impression that you have to visit a pr0stitute to get it. Except that most pr0stitutes and most promiscuous people use condoms because of pregnancy and AIDS. The people who tend to get HIV are the virgin types who don't know anything. I know lots of people who got it from their fiancées or long-term boy/girlfriends. Sometimes its sexually inexperienced young people who don't know that they need condoms or are too ashamed to buy them. HIV is not a moral issue, its a disease just like any other and to try and use it to make moral judgements is seriously stu.pid.

To answer your question, HIV is more common in Africa because the virus most likely arose here. Probably somewhere in central or southern Africa where it probably spread slowly in the villages until it suddenly exploded in the 1940s or 1950s. The cause of the sudden rise in prevalence is thought to be rapid urbanization of previously rural areas. Of course, nobody noticed until the disease spread to America where any unexplained death is considered to be a big deal.

Also Europeans almost always use condoms. That simple fact (plus their low prevalence rate) is what protects them. They advertise condoms openly and on TV. They have frank and comprehensive sex education in their schools including teaching young children how to use condoms.

The truth is that you can sleep with as many people as you want and not get HIV as long as you use a condom every time. Unfortunately the born-again christians and born-again muslims are doing everything they can to stop Nigerian children form finding this out. They've banished most of the good condom adverts from radio and television and the have arm-twisted the government into promoting "abstinence first" (as if its possible to convince people not to have se.x) They keep talking about "moral standards" but they don't seem to mind that millions may die of a horrible disease thanks to their actions.

As long as teenagers don't fuc.k.
Re: Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) by akanke79: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2011
@evil brain
This forum is not meant for any insultive response,you don't respond to people's topics with insults or abusive response. Do you know if i'm old enough to be your mother .Just because someone is on  Nairaland doesn't make me your agemate. I am a currently researching  on HIV/AIDS and i'm trying to get peoples reactions and responses on a question to see the other story on HIV/AIDS and how the Nigerian people will response to it with common sense and maturity.

Can you send me a source/document about the origin of HIV/Aids in Africa?
Secondly have you ever lived in Europe to conclude they use condoms much more than Africans?if yes which country,i will like to know the statistics if you have any.
Re: Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) by EvilBrain1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^ Look at the title of this thread. It directly links HIV and promiscuity. I'll say again in case you didn't hear that HIV is not a moral issue and that using it to make moral judgements is seriously stu.pid. You can get offended if you like but the truth has to be told.

You are actively promoting an ignorant and dangerous view and you need to be corrected. Attitudes like yours lead directly to innocent people dying. I know women with HIV who are so scared abut their mothers-in-law finding out that they refuse to take their drugs or protect their babies from the virus. I know a woman who drives from Lagos to an HIV clinic in Osun state every month because she's so scared of somebody recognising her. I know people who have refused treatment and died of AIDS because they didn't want their families to find out. I know sexually active young people who won't buy condoms because they don't want to be labelled as "bad boys/girls".

These people aren't scared of being labelled as sick, they were scared of being labelled as promiscuous. An none of them are, most of the HIV positive people I've encountered are responsible married men and women, not pr0stitues, and not womanisers.

The stigma surrounding HIV kills people. And you are killing people by promoting the stigma whether you know it or not. Ignorance is no excuse.

akanke79:

Can you send me a source/document about the origin of HIV/Aids in Africa?
Secondly have you ever lived in Europe to conclude they use condoms much more than Africans?if yes which country,i will like to know the statistics if you have any.
If you admit fault and change the title of the thread, I'll be happy to provide more information. Otherwise, You can go fuc.k yourself. Dealing with the sick and the dying has made lose my patience with your type.

Cheers.
Re: Why Is Hiv/aids More Rampant In Africa Than Europe( Who is More Promiscous) by reindeer: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2011
Evil Brain:

^^ Look at the title of this thread. It directly links HIV and promiscuity. I'll say again in case you didn't hear that HIV is not a moral issue and that using it to make moral judgements is seriously stu.pid. You can get offended if you like but the truth has to be told.

You are actively promoting an ignorant and dangerous view and you need to be corrected. Attitudes like yours lead directly to innocent people dying. I know women with HIV who are so scared abut their mothers-in-law finding out that they refuse to take their drugs or protect their babies from the virus. I know a woman who drives from Lagos to an HIV clinic in Osun state every month because she's so scared of somebody recognising her. I know people who have refused treatment and died of AIDS because they didn't want their families to find out. I know sexually active young people who won't buy condoms because they don't want to be labelled as "bad boys/girls".

These people aren't scared of being labelled as sick, they were scared of being labelled as promiscuous. An none of them are, most of the HIV positive people I've encountered are responsible married men and women, not pr0stitues, and not womanisers.

The stigma surrounding HIV kills people. And you are killing people by promoting the stigma whether you know it or not. Ignorance is no excuse.
If you admit fault and change the title of the thread, I'll be happy to provide more information. Otherwise, You can go fuc.k yourself. Dealing with the sick and the dying has made lose my patience with your type.

Cheers.

Lovely response.
Hope the OP asks no more stupid questions.

(1) (Reply)

Bowleg And X Leg Correction Belt / Women Say They Are Having Heavier And More Painful PERIODS Since Covid Vaccine / 5 Foods That Will Help Detoxify And Cleanse Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.